Jamaica Hospital Medical Center

Jamaica Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

productive place to work. very energetic environment fast pace
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  3080 atlantic ave brooklyn ny 11208February 14, 2017
the staff in the clinic are very friendly and are always willing to help. management is strong and dependent when you need them. the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing i made a difference in a persons life that i was able to make a person leave here with a smile on there face. help them in any ways posible.
Pros
amazing healthcare
Cons
not much
I have the ability to learn and to communicate with others
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2017
I went in with the manager we spoke about different scenarios of the patient what I had to do with the ability to understand them
Pros
And lunches
Cons
Should pray
fun
Duties of liaison customer service front desk (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 4, 2017
Duties of liaison customer service front desk at different location of the departments , also secure many areas all of the buildings entryways corridors assist patience in and out of building through buildings also assist all departments where ever help is needed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
etc
Great learning experience.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 28, 2017
I learned a lot at Jamaica Hospital, started as a medical assistant and moved up to an LPN. I worked with great teams and learned a lot from them. However they were not accommodating with my school schedule.
I had no problem dealing with fellow workers.
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Worked at the hospital for over 40 years without any problem. My job was very challenging and appreciated. We had free lunch .Vacations and free days were enough.
Residency
Resident (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Attended this residency program in 2006. Learned a lot of dental procedures. A good patient flow to get you up to speed and comfortable with treating patients.
Wonderful experience with helping others
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Loved working here and the benefits are amazing. Some of the employees are not people friendly but it's great interacting with the patients.
We serve the underprivilaged with respect and dignity
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Fast paced, busy medical office. Work with diverse population of clients. Learning about different cultures and how to respond without judgment. I had the opportunity to upgrade to an RN by attending college while working full-time. Our medical office has a large staff including Physicians, Administration, Nursing staff, registration, and other support staff. I learned how to work together with the various disciplines in the office and to share our work space. The hardest part of the job is when clients are upset when the wait time is long.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can listen to my clients share their hurt, pain, laughter with me and we both walk out of the room feeling better. I love to see the little children laughing.
Pros
Ability to attend school through 1199 upgrading and training fund.
Cons
Getting yelled at by clients
I truly loved working at Jamaica Hospital. I left to explore my horizons.
Registered Nurse med/ surg. (Former Employee) –  5 years as a clerk. Then 3 years med/surgJanuary 3, 2017
Jamaica hospital was a great experience. Despite its size, there is a family atmosphere. I got an unbelievable level of experience. I always felt my colleagues and employers respected me. I was never happier that I was the.
Pros
Amazing place to gain experience
Cons
Staff and suppliers often inadequate.
Good environment to get your feet wet and move on.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYDecember 14, 2016
I'm grateful for the opportunity Jamaica Hospital gave me in the Security Department, but I wish more was put into development of the staff in which we could better serve the customer.
Pros
The location was close to home.
Cons
I did like I'd be mandated to work when others routinely called out.
Terrible administrative staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  JhmcNovember 25, 2016
Difficult to work with administrators that have a narrow focus. & Just don't care . Their main concern is avoiding inspections & hiding problems. What a terrible atmosphere for a new graduate to enter into. Instead of setting a professional atmosphere- it's all about money.
Pros
Decent staff to work with
Cons
Administration needs to have overhaul- old ideas & things stay the same .
From a Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 29, 2016
First of all i would like to thank Jamaica Hospital Medical Center for giving me the opportunity to volunteer. Its a very friendly and lovely place to work at.
I learned alot while doing the tasks i was given and i look forward in moving with the hospital.
Great staffs.
Pros
free lunch, great people.etc
job culture
Front Desk Receptionist Mental Health Clinic (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 27, 2016
at one time the job culture was great, and once adminstration changed hands that was it and jamaica hospital went down hill, its used to be like a family working there.
Understaffed, high work flow
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 9, 2016
Busy place, doesn't work as whole hospital.
Pay is less then average. A lot of politics, understaffed, you are really need to know the sistem to get something there.
Pros
Good learning place for beginners
Cons
No room to grow
Constant
Ambulatory Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 17, 2016
I come into the ER each days expecting to see something out of the ordinary though being able to use this opportunity to change a life and provide the upmost care.
Pros
Adjustable with school
Fast-Paced work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 12, 2016
This is a great place to work if you like to me an important member of the medical team. Each member of the team works together and works well to give each patient and visitor the best experience.
Pros
Cafeteria at the site, great learning environment
Great staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 2, 2015
Productive place to work, great staff. Everyone is friendly, helpful and encouraging. Great hours. Great part about the job is taking care of your patients and seeing the pleased look on their face.
NYC Voluntary Hospital
AEMT-4 Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 3, 2015
Very good place to work. It is a fast paced hospital based EMS system that provides EMS service to the NYC 911 system. A very close knit group of EMT's and Paramedics make this place feel like home.
A typical day of work for me....
Plumber/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 3, 2015
Jamaica hospital is on its way up. I am in the engineering department where we are trying to make the place look great. It is tiresome and discouraging that the hospital will not pay its workers their desired salaries...unfortunately I am one of them.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Bad pay
Loved working here!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  queens,NYOctober 6, 2015
My co-workers were great! They helped me so much, especially during training. They made sure that I understood the task I was asked to complete and that I was doing it correctly. So much feedback which worked great for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Jamaica Hospital Medical Center Reviews by Location