Jamba Juice Employee Reviews in United States

Funplace at Jamba!
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXMarch 15, 2016
I loved my first job here at Jamba Juice! I would come in and keep the place neat, learned recipes. This job helped me learn about customer service and multi-tasking. Management was great, they pushed me to do better and even promoted me after the couple weeks I started to "Team Lead". The co-workers definitely worked as a team and were very enjoyable to work with. Hardest part of the job was only one time where I was alone for about an hour, but ended up helping me to multitask even more than before. The most enjoyable part of this job was making the smoothies and experimenting with my own recipes at times.
Pros
free smoothies, was in charge most of the time
Cons
was not a long term "career"
Upbeat fun work environment
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 28, 2015
I worked here years ago. My store manager was unorganized and overwhelmed constantly, ultimately resulting in the GM stepping in, firing her, and bringing in coverage from another store. In that aspect, the management went through many changes while I was there, but it was good to see the culture of Jamba which was to work together to make the best experience for everyone.
The work itself requires someone with great energy and pep in their step. Its open early and late- because who doesn't love a healthy treat to start their day or a rewarding treat at the end of their day. Its LOUD, so being shy is out of the question. It was a fun job, if you were there to give 100% and bring the smiles on your shift.
Pros
Fun, fast paced, good energy
Cons
Overturn, hours
Fun and fast paced work enviorment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day at work was like going to a cheerleading performance, everyone is happy, and in high spirits. Greet everyone with a smile and friendly tone, making everyone feel welcome. I learned how to work efficiently on a team and how to communicate with one another based on what we need and how soon we need something. Learned how to make customers feel welcome from the first step inside the door. Learned how to make Rocking Smoothies!! Management at this location wasn't the best, the best way I can put it, is that they don't stick to their word about advancement, seem pretty cool to work with until you need a day off and have requested it in advance. Also terrible about showing empathy about on the job accidents! Wasn't willing to work with me about workman's comp. (Serious Car accident while Catering) The hardest part of this job was working with management for a day off, or meeting expectations that were set in place before job was accepted. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the whole job for the most part.
Pros
-50% off of all items including consumables
Cons
management, no HR, and not willing to work arround on the job accident or even offer workman's comp.
Making guests smiling and leaving satisfied
Assistant General Manager/Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 10, 2015
I love how you personally grow and develop. Sometimes the work environment would get a bit stressful and cause tension between team members, but at the end of the day, were a family. There was no job security or benefits, but the compensation was decent. The most enjoyable part was probably getting to know our guests, putting a smile on their faces, and have them leaving satisfied. Also being able to experiment with different fruits and vegetables and ensuring a healthy living.
Pros
Management experience
Cons
No benefits
Fun team environment
Sales/Server (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 19, 2016
The job was demanding as is any food industry job. Many of the shifts began as early as 7 AM, but the manager treated us very respectfully. The people I worked with became some of my closest friends and I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great team, free and discounted drinks/products
Cons
low compensation, long hours
Productive and Fun
Sale Associate/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at work is productive and with the day being busy at times shifts go by quickly. Every employee must greet the customers, offer to sample a product to the customer, and thank the customer before they leave. Working for Jamba Juice is very fun and at work we promote a fun environment. Music plays in the store during our shifts and sometimes we even dance and go above and beyond to put a smile on a customer's face. Co workers are friendly and look to help each other out. They work great together as a team. The team of employees all get along easily and the best thing is anyone is capable of making smoothies but it just takes going through training in order to do it correctly. Honestly the hardest part of the job is when a rush of customers come in but after you work for Jamba for a while you become experienced and you know exactly what needs to be done. The management over the store I worked for was pretty much nothing you would ever expect a boss to be and the word for that is fun. Yes we have our serious moments but there is also a balance for when work needs to get completed.
Pros
Tips
Cons
N/a
Best job you will ever have
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMarch 21, 2016
Working here is amazing! Staff is fun and energetic. It can get busy and stressful during peak hours, but other than that it is a great job. There are awesome advancement opportunities, you occasionally get free smoothies and snacks while on the clock, and 50% off all purchases!! Working here will also make you want to change your lifestyle and eating habits into healthier ones. Also, you get to try almost every smoothie when you first start working and get to try the new stuff when it comes out.
Pros
Free snacks, big tips, fun staff
Cons
Busy during summer
Fun and productive workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 18, 2016
Was the main person for prepping all food/drink products. I worked long shifts (up to 10 hours a day). Customers and co-workers were very friendly and fun. Had a few issues with co-workers staying on task and not playing with their phones when business was slow. Management was great at teaching and patients. The hardest part was probably, being the only person in the front of the store, having to cashier, make smoothies/foods/fresh juices, clean, dishes, and restock all at the same time. Overall I greatly enjoyed this job.
Pros
Always received correct breaks, friendly co-workers, team work.
Cons
No free meals/snacks/smoothies, difficult to get time off if needed, focus level.
Productive work place but poorly run
Smoothie Specialist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILMarch 13, 2016
A typical day at work would either be assigned to dish, register, or smoothie maker. I learned how to make smoothies at this job. The management was the worst part of this job. I loved my co-workers, but they felt the same way about management. The hardest part of the job was when we were under staffed sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a positive environment.
Pros
free smoothies
Cons
terrible management
Amazing job, flexible hours, great managment.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 7, 2015
Great company to work for. I work for a franchise store, which is where a different company bought our store from Jamba, but we're still owned and inspected by Jamba Corp.
The general manager at my store is probably the best manager I've ever had. You can really see how management in my store and the surrounding stores care about their employees. I also work in a smaller store, so everyone treats each other like family.
Training is very in-depth, and they make sure that you know everything you can before they put you out on the floor. The staff is super knowledgeable about the menu and suggestions, and honest to customers.
We also just started doing Employee of the Month. :-)

10/10, I try to get my friends to turn in applications all the time! I love working here.
Pros
50% off order, close-knit staff, amazing management, great first job, tips biweekly.
Cons
Slow advancement for some employees, other than that, no cons.
The unknown truths about the juice
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 31, 2016
The hardest part about working at Jamba juice is when you're doing your work and you need help but your team members fail to recognize it so then I'm left to juggle everything on my shoulders on my own.
It was my first job and I love the smoothies and I love interacting with the customers.
When my phone was shattered the manager did nothing about it, and our tips were so low, it made me wonder where did the tips go? Also I disliked when the managers would sit in the back and not do anything while there's a huge line outside while the rest of the team is struggling.
I love my job but I need to try something different that's more me.
Pros
free smoothie
Cons
Short break, horrible tips, non productive managers, should get bigger smoothie rather than a free small.
As the G.M. the work to free time was up to me
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 3, 2016
I was in charge of my equal time off and work schedule. I was given the freedom to reward the team many times a period. we had pizza on busy days to break tension and to reward the good jobs being done. We had bowling nights. and movie night to build a tight team. I had meetings at the local pizza place with my assist. manager and the lead team.
For me if I needed or wanted to take a couple days off and go out of town it was no problem as long as the store was covered.

I would go in on Holidays sometimes because we were closed to do some of the equipment cleaning that can't be done when we were open. I was not asked to do this I just wanted it done so I did it.
Pros
Freedom to run the store as I liked
Cons
Monthly managment meetings 8 to 9 hours long ones a month
Fun place to work, horrible pay
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 22, 2015
Jamba Juice is a very fun, fast paced place to work. The management does not care too much for their employees though, they are seen as very disposable. The pay is not balanced out for how much work you do in a shift, especially considering how much multitasking is done within one shift. If you are looking for a fast paced job with some advancement opportunity but not looking to get paid well, Jamba Juice is just the place for you!
Pros
Fun environment, fast paced, some advancement opportunities
Cons
No benefits, horrible pay, horrible management, horrible employee discount
fast paced, fun, and friendly
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 5, 2016
A typical day on the job is filled with making sure all of our ingredients are stock and up to date with the expiration. handling guest comments, questions, concerns, clarifications etc.. in the year I have been employed here, I have learned how to make perfect products in under a minute, to organize merchandise in fifo order (first in first out). and of course, to work a register. my fellow team members are very friendly and easy to get along with. Good people, great company. The hardest part of the job, for me at least, was remembering all the recipes to the drinks and what button to push for cook certain baked goods. the part I enjoyed the most was that every time I got to work, they're just genuinely happy people.
Pros
employee discount, fun environment, everyone is friendly
Cons
short breaks, not very good a/c
Not the best way to start!
Team member (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 7, 2016
My typical day at jamba juice would be to walk in and greet everyone and clock in. once I put my stuff away I begin to see what needs to be done and if any customers need help. I learned fist and foremost how to make some amazing smoothies! as well as how to work with others and how to deal with diffcult customers. The management would be the least of the excitement of working for an awesome place like jamba. My head manager who wasn't the best at talking to the workers and made us feel threatened was my not so favorite part of the whole job. My co-workers were so amazing we meshed together and made people feel welcomed! The hardest part of working for Jamba Juice was the management. They needed to have a person who could really connect with the employees instead of making them feel scared. My favorite part was making the smoothies and bowls!
Pros
discounts, promotions
Cons
Management..
Fast Paced Enjoyable Environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 7, 2016
After learning the recipes and how all the machines work it is easy to adjust to the influx of customers. Because my location was apart of the university campus we had a meal swipe option that included six different smoothies, when the time period started to be able to use the meal swipe it was easier to go through all the orders considering it was usually one of the six smoothies the customers could choose from. My coworkers and I worked fast and worked together to make sure dishes were taken care of, smoothies were being made, and someone was on the register taking orders. I learned not to become overwhelmed when a mass of customers came to our kiosk and to keep focus on what I was doing in a timely manner.
Fun and Upbeat place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 20, 2016
A day at Jamba Juice is always a fast pace day. We must always be alert when there is a customers in the lobby and ready to prepare their drinks for them in under 3 minute or less. The most important skill I learned from Jamba Juice is the skill to communicate, work under pressure, persuasive sales, and maintain a clean store. Management is difficult sometimes depending on the seasons. For example during Winter, we would lose 2/5 of our customers for that day. Coworkers are always fun to work with and they have the alertness to jump in when there is struggle. Hardest part of the job is having to complete every task at the given time while serving the customers with only 2 team members on the front line. Lastly, Jamba Juice has a friendly environment that allow us to open up to each other. We trust each other and that is how we are able to perform great task together as one team with harmony.
Pros
50% discount, flexiable scedule, friendly co-workers, healty food and drinks
Cons
extremely busy, always fast pace, labor control
Very fun to work at
Team member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2016
Jamba juice was a very fun yet a place where you needed to be good at everything, as a team member you must do everything once in a normal day. Cook, clean, be on register, and oversea the store. Which is a good and bad good thing you never had to do the same thing twice but bad because if you did not do something write then they knew you were at fault. Co-workers were great really felt like family and management also very good. What I learned at Jamba Juice is that your co-workers are the one who will have your back in case of anything as well as your manager so never be the odd person out communicate.
Pros
free smoothies, good fun
Cons
fast paced
Has It's Ups and Downs
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 30, 2015
During the summer, the experience can be quite engaging and fun. I work at a relatively high-volume store located in a shopping plaza, and during the summer, it is very fast paced and exciting. Coworkers are generally friendly, and most managers are laid back and flexible with scheduling. However, in the winter during the off season, the store becomes very slow and shifts can drag on forever with detail cleaning, or even just standing around not knowing what to do.

Don't expect to get paid very well or recieve a lot of benefits, though. It seems like they give you the benefits out of obligation. The starting wage is minimum, and while the employee discount of 50% off is somewhat generous, a lot of similar employers give their team members free food/drinks. In the end, it's a fun summer job but it's hard to enjoy in the winter time.
Pros
Fun, fast paced during prime times, 50% off all menu items
Cons
Tedious slow winter days, competitors typically pay/benefit you better
Very productive, fast paced, and goal oriented
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 27, 2016
This is the kind of job that requires people with a goal oriented mind set. You have to be willing to get on your shift and use common sense and know the things you should start working on. There is a lot of prep, and a lot of walking around and heavy lifting. You must have a strong knowledge of the company's products, especially because of the amount of questions asked. I have learned to deal with difficult situations the right way, and my verbal communication has certainly improved. You must be prepared for a lot of cleaning and organizing. Co-workers can definitely vary by location, however they're all nice overall. The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be the drinks. Being around so many fruits almost everyday and learning many recipes really becomes inspiration for eating healthy.

2.9