James Avery Employee Reviews

My Job
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXFebruary 17, 2018
At James Avery I enjoyed many things the people, management, the work, the organization of the facility. James Avery you learned many different things such as assembling jewelry, cleaning, and shinning it. most pieces had to be handled with care so they did not damage, which was sometimes very hard. Everyone worked and helped each other every day, we would celebrate holidays together and eat together all around wonderful place to work.
Pros
Enjoyable Enviorment
Cons
Favoritism
Ok job...
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 13, 2018
If you dont mind working every weekend, and not being able to take time off in May, and November - Feb. Managers were harsh, and judge all workers, negative environment.
great
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bexar County, TXFebruary 10, 2018
great staff of people i worked with and great experience. this was my first job in retail. management was excellent. best place to start retail sales experience
Pros
great staff
Cons
Any woman’s dream dress up job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Dress up daily and amazing work relationships with others. Management was understanding at all times. Great work atmosphere. Friendly customers and employees
Pros
Discounts on jewelry
Cons
No time for sitting. Always on feet in uncomfortable shoes
Good work environment overall but a manager that got onto me for every little thing I did, right or wrong.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 6, 2018
It was an alright job, it would've been better if the managers would've made sure my schedule was right instead of getting onto me for them changing my schedule before I was scheduled.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Felt like I was being judged by one of the managers.
Loved It!
Seasonal Sales Representative - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJanuary 20, 2018
The management at James Avery was excellent, the atmosphere was very positive and pleasant, the hours were good and so was the salary. I wish there had been a permanent job available.
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Webster James Avery great place to work worked 4 hours per day fun people to work with. Fun helping people shopping for jewelry.
this is good work inverment.
Pros
near home
Cons
temp job
great pay but poor team work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Management was a bit messy i overheard several times management talking badly on seasonal associates. The staff was very judgmental to many of the associates.
Pros
food provided at times, discounts
Cons
short break, staff
Great place to work at everyone is friendly and well oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 28, 2017
The day would be slow at times, during the holiday peak it gets really busy but overall my day would end great. I learned to do a proper transaction, how to find the item the customer was looking for etc.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
no other positions available
great place to work if you are retired or just need a little extra cash
Seasonal sales associate (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TX 77301December 10, 2017
A typical day at work is helping others find the perfect gift and learning new things everyday. Management is pretty laid back and very helpful. The best part about my job is working with beautiful jewelry!
Pros
lunches on the weekends in december
Cons
not alot of hours at first but picks up a tad as it gets closer to christmas.
Good job
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 10, 2017
Management was very disorganized.
The work place was easy going and self taught a lot of stuff.
The hours varied by what position you worked.
The paid time off was good.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Disorganized management
James Avery
Data Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXOctober 16, 2017
Great place to work, would recommend to anyone. They are very generous and kind with their discounts. It is a very calm setting out in the Texas Hill Country.
Great place to work, fellow employee are fair and supportive!
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Greet customers and anticipate what each customer wants or needs. Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers. Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires. Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment. Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
Pros
Management is personable.
Cons
Seasonal work only
Great place to work!
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 3, 2017
I absolutely loved working for James Avery. Wonderful company, any questions I ever had I always felt comfortable asking anyone in the company. It felt like one big family! We had very loyal customers as well and I was able to build relationships with them and would see some of them multiple times a month.
Pros
wonderful work environment
Cons
nothing
Great
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 26, 2017
I loved working here. Management was great and the job was great. You get discounts and extra pay over holidays. It was a wonderful part-time job. I loved it and loved the friends and connections I made while working here. Things were fun and everything was very fair. There were slow days and busy days but nothing to complain about. Overall, it is a wonderful place to work.
not as good as it used to be
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2017
I loved working here at this location. I still keep in touch with my coworkers from here. I left due to no full time positions available at the location. hours weren't enough unless it was Christmas. they work you either to much or not enough. management is going downhill. not as good as it was when I first started. used to be very compassionate for employees but now they're to corporate and money hungry
Pros
get to wear the jewlery without buying
Cons
hours sucked
Flexibility
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 4, 2017
The best thing about this company is that it is very flexible especially with student schedules. I have a guaranteed day off that is the same every week. A typical day involves checking in stock, displaying items, and assisting customers. The most frustrating part of the job is assisting customers that don't know what they want. I occasionally find myself at a loss after showing a customer so many items, but they still can't find something they like. The best part of the job is getting to be creative with customers and putting together something completely unique!
good job to have on the side
Sales (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 17, 2017
James Avery is a well based store, i definitely would recommend James Avery to one of my younger friends that are need a job while in school, or as a second side job. Management at the Georgetown location was extremely sweet, can get pretty busy there.
it was alright
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJune 19, 2017
it was alright. management wasn't as good as it should have been. but the job was not too hard to do. all the employees worked together and supported one another.
Awesome Job
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXMay 31, 2017
Great benefits and great atmosphere. Plenty of opportunities to advance into higher positions. Everyone is so nice and being able to work for great bosses makes you want to go to work everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at James Avery. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3