James Avery Employee Reviews

productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodlands, TXApril 24, 2017
Working in retail is definitely not the easiest thing that I have ever done. We do not just work for the company, we work for the customer. We like to make people happy. I enjoy getting that one on one time with my guest.
Fun but stressful environment
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2017
Super fun team to work with, however, managers are rather difficult, especially during the holidays. The time-off policy is really difficult to jump around.
Pros
Fun team, work is fairly easier
Cons
Management, minimal training
Responsibilities
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Shared product knowledge with customers while making personal recommendations
Maintained friendly and professional customer interactions
Worked on visual displays
Ability to solder/clean customers’ orders
Trained new hires and seasonal employees
Trained peers in the repair room
Love the environment
Part time Regular (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I absolutely love working at James Avery! Amazing people, great customers that you get to know! Also they are great with balancing schedules if you have other jobs.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 15, 2017
Even though this was a temporary position, I enjoyed working here. I was able to learn a lot about the company and the products. The atmosphere was always pleasant and fun.
Nothing to say about it!
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 4, 2017
I personally have noting to say about the company. I was just a matter of being the right fit for the job and I just wasn't happy with the job and the people I worked for.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 1, 2016
Really awesome job to work during college, very flexible with school and hours. Managers are all really sweet and understanding.
Great working Environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2016
This was a seasonal job for me to make extra money. I personally love the jewelry and I was working another customer service job at the time so it was a very smooth transition for me. The manager was super nice and it was a great work environment. Everyone else that worked there was super nice. I got to meet a lot of great people when they came in as customers!
Pros
discounts, lunches
Cons
limited number of hours for seasonal employees, late nights
Awesome workplace environment and Management
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 8, 2016
This is by far my Favorite Job I have worked. The management team went above and beyond to work with our schedule and make sure we got the hours we needed. James Avery employees were more like family than coworkers
Love this place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 30, 2016
I love to work here, I don't really like the management of James Avery but very tolerable, the coworkers are very upbeat about the job fun place to wanna join!(:
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 24, 2016
Great enviornment to work in! Discount is really good! management and team are always helpful and answer any questions you have.
Great product, great people to work with
Sales (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX, Denver, CO, Burleson, TXMarch 1, 2016
Selling jewelry.
Showing customers different pieces of jewelry.
Cleaning customer pieces.
Soldering on charms to existing or new charm bracelets.
Maintaining incoming and outgoing product shipments.
Organizing display cases to feature new and existing pieces of jewelry.
Matching physical inventory with computer.
Processing outgoing jewelry repairs.
Calling customers when a piece they requested came from one of the other stores.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2016
James Avery is a fun place to work. You assist clients in making the right gift decision for their loved ones and have fun doing it.
Call Center Customer Service
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJanuary 10, 2016
I annoyed working Call Center. Treated everyone with respect. I liked the coworkers and management was very fair. Hardest part of my job was leaving at the position at the ending date
Pros
was a part of a family
Cons
Had to go at end of my term
Fun job
Bench Technician Jewelry Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXDecember 3, 2015
As my first job out of high school I loved it, because it was fun and I learned how to cashier. I didn't like the variation in the shifts but I still loved my job
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Work shift hours always changed
Jewlery
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2015
Customer Services

display jewlery

Sales

Co-worker we work as a team and made it a productive day for ourselves and the Company

Hardest part was I don't think there was a hard part

I enjoyed going to work and working with my coworkers and management
Pros
lunches and discounts
Cons
temporary
A great company with a great product, too little pay for what they expect of you.
JAMES AVERY CRAFTSMAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2015
I was a Retail Sales Assistant. Sold all kinds of jewelry, all made of silver. Worked very hard, many computer screens to learn, Sold items, handled monies, helped clean at end of day, responsible for cleaning and straightening several drawers of products.
I learned that selling jewelry is a lot more detailed than what I thought going into the job. Was very rewarding to help people make other people very happy. Most all sales are related to some kind of occasion.
Co-workers were great. Got along with all of them. Management was very kind, but very strict with procedures.
Again, they only hire part-time people, so there was no benefits, only management is illegible for benefits.
Pros
Wonderful products
Cons
Very strict policies.
job
To Manufacturing Technician I (Current Employee) –  Comfort, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I started 2 years ago at Averys. I have really enjoyed the team I work with and my supervisor. I have learned a lot. I like the hours I work everyday and all the holidays we get to be with our familys. I do wish I got paid a little more money to make life easier for me and my family.
Pros
love the hours
Cons
pay not good
Not a good place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 29, 2015
The hardest part of the job was pleasing the managers. No matter what you did it was never good enough. I did however pick up a lot of customer service skills, learned how to talk and interact with people. Co-workers were wonderful, fun and all around good people. The most enjoyable part of my job were the people honestly.
Great seasonal position
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 8, 2015
If you are given the opportunity to work for James Avery for a seasonal position - it is well worth the temporary time. They even give 2 seasonal employees the opportunity to stay on with the crew after the holidays (or at my store they did). The store hours are perfect, especially if you still want to have time in the day for family and friends. No late nights or super early mornings. You get special discounts and a bonus for Christmas. If you come back to work seasonal the next year your bonus increases more. It's a great incentive. Loved working for JA!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at James Avery. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4