James Avery Employee Reviews in United States

A great company with a great product, too little pay for what they expect of you.
JAMES AVERY CRAFTSMAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2015
I was a Retail Sales Assistant. Sold all kinds of jewelry, all made of silver. Worked very hard, many computer screens to learn, Sold items, handled monies, helped clean at end of day, responsible for cleaning and straightening several drawers of products.
I learned that selling jewelry is a lot more detailed than what I thought going into the job. Was very rewarding to help people make other people very happy. Most all sales are related to some kind of occasion.
Co-workers were great. Got along with all of them. Management was very kind, but very strict with procedures.
Again, they only hire part-time people, so there was no benefits, only management is illegible for benefits.
Pros
Wonderful products
Cons
Very strict policies.
Call Center Customer Service
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJanuary 10, 2016
I annoyed working Call Center. Treated everyone with respect. I liked the coworkers and management was very fair. Hardest part of my job was leaving at the position at the ending date
Pros
was a part of a family
Cons
Had to go at end of my term
Great product, great people to work with
Sales (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX, Denver, CO, Burleson, TXMarch 1, 2016
Selling jewelry.
Showing customers different pieces of jewelry.
Cleaning customer pieces.
Soldering on charms to existing or new charm bracelets.
Maintaining incoming and outgoing product shipments.
Organizing display cases to feature new and existing pieces of jewelry.
Matching physical inventory with computer.
Processing outgoing jewelry repairs.
Calling customers when a piece they requested came from one of the other stores.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Jewlery
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2015
Customer Services

display jewlery

Sales

Co-worker we work as a team and made it a productive day for ourselves and the Company

Hardest part was I don't think there was a hard part

I enjoyed going to work and working with my coworkers and management
Pros
lunches and discounts
Cons
temporary
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2016
James Avery is a fun place to work. You assist clients in making the right gift decision for their loved ones and have fun doing it.
Fun job
Bench Technician Jewelry Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXDecember 3, 2015
As my first job out of high school I loved it, because it was fun and I learned how to cashier. I didn't like the variation in the shifts but I still loved my job
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Work shift hours always changed
Great seasonal position
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 8, 2015
If you are given the opportunity to work for James Avery for a seasonal position - it is well worth the temporary time. They even give 2 seasonal employees the opportunity to stay on with the crew after the holidays (or at my store they did). The store hours are perfect, especially if you still want to have time in the day for family and friends. No late nights or super early mornings. You get special discounts and a bonus for Christmas. If you come back to work seasonal the next year your bonus increases more. It's a great incentive. Loved working for JA!
job
To Manufacturing Technician I (Current Employee) –  Comfort, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I started 2 years ago at Averys. I have really enjoyed the team I work with and my supervisor. I have learned a lot. I like the hours I work everyday and all the holidays we get to be with our familys. I do wish I got paid a little more money to make life easier for me and my family.
Pros
love the hours
Cons
pay not good
Very friendly environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 2, 2015
This place is a great place to work at, especially during the holidays. You meet different people everyday and it's so much fun to see all of the charms on peoples' charms bracelets and hear the story behind them. My managers would bring food every Saturday during the holiday season for all of us to eat. The managers are extremely kind and respecting and all of the sales associates are also very sweet. The only downside is that once the holidays go away, so do the customers. It gets very boring just standing around at the counter waiting for someone to come in. If it wasn't for that, I would stay here all year long!
Pros
Free food, flexibility, fun relationships
Cons
Boring
It was very slow business, personally I didn't like how the management handled thereself. Other than those issues I enjoyed working there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 22, 2013
Upon starting at James Avery it seemed to be a excellent place to work, soon after I started our manager was let go as were the three others. Our regional manager let every single one go. I was employed there for four years I recieved two raises which were only thirty cents each. They never offered my benefits of any kind. My co-workers were very fun and energetic to work with, all great people.
Our usual day at work would be to check in jewelry and file it away, put out/fix the displays of jewelry items. Also help customers find a perfect piece of jewelry. After four years there was nothing difficult about my job but when I first started I would say soldering/puk welding was the most difficult. The best part about this job was helping customers find just what they were looking for, it is a great adventure.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
not offered benefits
Not a good place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 29, 2015
The hardest part of the job was pleasing the managers. No matter what you did it was never good enough. I did however pick up a lot of customer service skills, learned how to talk and interact with people. Co-workers were wonderful, fun and all around good people. The most enjoyable part of my job were the people honestly.
Productive and great place to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Sale and persuade customer to by your jewelry and tell them the history behind the product explain the product warranty and the benefits of by their jewelry. I learn so much about the history in the making of the product by selling it to people. Management team was very friendly and very easy to work with as well as my co-workers.
Pros
great place, friendley enviroment
Cons
no chance to grow
Outgoing and great place
GUEST Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2015
Learning about pieces that were made and knowing that so many ppl over the entire country and out of the country wear and know James Avery as a great jeweler and perfect place for jewelry
Pros
work life balance
Great Enviroment
Greeter/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 8, 2014
The people there are very nice and great to work with management there is great all the co workers are very friendly and welcoming i love giving my opinion to the customers on the jewelry that they are looking for.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
non really any cons
Productive and fast paced environment with lots of repeat customers
Part-time Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 2, 2015
• Clean and Polish jewelry
• Count incoming inventory
Great job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 29, 2014
A typical day at work would be I go in and just do sales and accomplish things that need to be done. I've learned how to solder and this company has also added to my customer service experience. The management is great and so are the co-workers. Have never had any problems. They are all very helpful and flexible and amazing to work with. There really isn't anything too hard about the job. I love working around all of the jewelry and displaying it. As well as soldering.
Pros
great staff, pretty easy
fast pace during christmas 4million in sales
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2013
Had a wonderful experience. Never a quiet moment when on the clock. That was the best part..staying busy. Took in customer after customer. Would show them merchandise and help them decide what is best. Check them out and package their jewelry. I loved the hard working management team. They were always there to help with questions or customer concerns.The hardest part was being new. Making sure I made no mistakes.
Pros
jewelry discount
Cons
only part time.
Fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 19, 2015
A great part of my day was spent helping customers, I have come to really enjoy my time there my managers and coworkers were amazing, unique, and very hardworking individuals. The hardest part was also the most enjoyable part of my job which was helping the customers. I found it very rewarding being able to help an individual express their ideas and emotions through the perfect gift.
Cons
not enough hours
Great workplace and environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2014
James Avery was a wonderful place to work at. I met so many people from all kinds of places. The customers were great. The managers were very professional and were always happy to help when someone needed help. Because James Avery is a religious jewelry store, I was constantly learning about its history. I was a seasonal worker so everything was very fast paced. There was always something to do. My co-workers helped out a lot when they could and there was always a friendly vibe with them. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up all day. The store would be packed and you could barley move. What I enjoyed the most was talking to customers and hearing their stories. I'll be helping a customer with something and they'll start telling me about where they're from or who they're buying for. It was a great experience that I will always remember.
Pros
great environment
Cons
short break
Fun place to work with extremely nice people
Production tech (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXMarch 23, 2012
A typical day at work would be taking jobs off the rack to be done. Make sure to do them to the top shelf of quality. Stopping for stretch breaks every couple of hours. The management was always very helpful, and knowledgeable. The most enjoyable part of the job was always learning new things.
Pros
pros, always learning.
Cons
cons, the damage sufferred to the hands.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at James Avery. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3