James Construction Group is one of the largest construction companies in the southern United States, providing quality construction services to both public and private clients. The company performs a wide range of projects that include highways/roads, bridges, airports, and marine construction; industrial plant construction and maintenance; and sitework/environmental services
James Construction Group is currently in search for Construction Accountant II in the highway and civil department.
THERE IS NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE
Responsibilities & Duties
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger and sub ledgers and how each correlate and effect the overall financial reporting as well as maintain each sub ledger accurately
- Oversee a staff of five to ensure accuracy and timeliness of daily accounting functions as well as the final processing of transactions processed by staff
- Assist the Operations Manager to insure daily business operations goals and procedures are being adhered to.
- Maintain a perpetual inventory with accuracy
- Manage collection of accounts receivable invoices as well as daily deposits
- Manage vendor invoice processing to insure timeless and accuracy of vendor payments
- Manage weekly vendor payment requirements
- Maintain and review equipment cost
- Review weekly with Operations Manager: sales, material costs, inventory balances, equipment costs,
- Ensure an accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual year end close
- Assist Controller in month end analysis and reporting
Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Technical Skills & Prior Experience – Three to Five years’ experience relating to inventory management and handling or in construction related accounting.
Must be PC proficient and experienced with a large automated accounting system using a perpetual inventory system as well as having strong experience with Excel.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Ten key by touch required
Strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to manage a small staff.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and a professional work environment. You may also apply in person 5880 West US 190 Belton, TX 76513. Applications will only be accepted in person between the hours of 8.00 am to 4:30 pm or fax resume to (254) 939.8611. JCG is an EEO/AA