Our new accounting paraprofessional will be involved in all aspects of the firm's bookkeeping, compilation, and tax preparation engagements. This is an entry level position.
You will learn to:
I. Use automated financial, accounting, and tax software
II. Perform bookkeeping services for a variety of different clients
III. Perform tax preparation services for individuals and businesses
There is little to no local travel involved with this position. Salary will be commensurate with experience. All firm members enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, sick leave, holidays, vacation, and retirement planning.
- Must have a basic understanding of accounting concepts
- Must have hands-on experience with QuickBooks
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Possess the capability to transition between a wide-array of tasks
- Possess the capability to comprehend assignments and communicate that understanding to team members.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills that produce clear, accurate, and neatly prepared engagement documents and reports.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Extraordinary candidates will have some or all of the following:
- Associates degree in accounting
- Experience with preparing individual income tax returns
- Experience with preparing partnership and S-Corporation income tax returns
- Experience with preparing sales and payroll tax returns
- Experience with ProSystem fx Tax Software
Please email your resume and salary requirements to the tax and bookkeeping manager Kristina Morgan, CPA. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about our firm by visiting www.jercpa.com.
We recognize, celebrate, and benefit from the uniqueness of each employee and customer. We value, respect, and support these differences, in our workplace. We strive to reflect this diversity in the communities we serve.
Please no agencies and/or recruiters.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER