James Hardie Building Products

James Hardie Building Products Employee Reviews

Nice Group of people
MBA Leadership Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 22, 2015
This place has a bunch of super smart people but that also means that it can get a little too competitive. It is one of those place that u will ether love or hate
Very Good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Plant City, FLMay 15, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch Wednesday, great benefits
Cons: management
James Hardie is a very good place to work. Most of the people there are very hard working and helpful. There is always work to be done and never boring moment.
I realized Safety awareness and Safety culture is a passion of mine.
EH&S Coordinator (Former Employee), Pulaski, VAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Safety Culture
Cons: Restructuring
I enjoyed working in the Safety program. I learned a lot and was part of something important. I took a great interest in the safety training aspect as well as interacting with the employees and listening and learning their needs and wants in creating a safer environment.
crews work good together
Mechanic (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 18, 2015
the people i worked with are some of the best, they are always willing to help out. it is a hi paced place to work. the safety program is a very good one and is always improving with the help of the employs.
Can't beat the culture.
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Great culture
Cons: work life balance
James Hardie hires fantastic people. The culture is focused on winning and improving on all fronts. The company is very focused on being a product leader.
Good company to learn strategy
Business Development (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great work experience in general, many smart people within the organization that you can learn a lot from, good policy on 'work hard play hard'
Cons: disruptive shakeups in management occur fairly frequently. solid benefits except for base salary
Working at James Hardie has provided great experience learning about sales strategy. The way JH approaches the sales process is very thorough and methodical, which generally leads to success when executed properly.
N/A
Cycle Count Specialist (Current Employee), Reno, NVMarch 3, 2015
It has helped me provide for my family and be able to go to school and work. It has taught me a lot about the manufacturing industry, as well as the professional world.
Great Company
Account Representative I (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great culture
Cons: outrageously competitve
I would recommend this company to anyone. They had a great culture and I grew more their than any other place. It was fast paced and not easy but I was truly happy working there.
Not a career
Account Manager II (Former Employee), New JerseyFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: freedom to grow your territory
Cons: even if you grow, it does not guarantee job security
Home office, travel a lot, some times long days, great co-workers and customer service team. Boys club culture, dysfunctional management team, glass ceiling.
it was a job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 18, 2015
made sure the machine stayed running at all cost , tryed to avoid stops for downtime . but lunch was free on thursday and some times it was good
Great compensation and benefits
General Foremen (Former Employee), Plant City, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits with very good pay. they also provide lunch once per week for entire plant.
James Hardie provides an amazing benefit package that is light years ahead of other manufacturing in the central Florida area. Also there compensation for mid-level management and senior management is very good.
Fast paced, competive environment that strives to win
Employee (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 3, 2015
The company employs some of the hardest working individuals that I've met. The company provides many opportunities and challenges. The company is very profitable and trying to grow.
Fast paced, competive environment that strives to win
Employee (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 3, 2015
competitive and high pressure work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 7, 2015
James Hardie Building Products offers a fun, competitive work environment that requires its employees to think on their toes and encourages them to strive to get better on a daily basis.This occurs through ever-changing dynamics within the building products industry and managing over 100 accounts spread out across 4 states.
James Hardie
Market Development Manager (Current Employee), United StatesJanuary 5, 2015
company provides good work/life balance. however, i feel the company is currently going through a transformational state in which the construction supply industry is very "old school" and the company works in that manner but also wants to change with times and be "modern". this is providing an identity road block.
The toughest job you will ever love
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Waltham Way, near Patrick NVDecember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches, hardie clothes. employee empowerment
Cons: dirty, hard work.
Working at James Hardie was challenging. I was constantly challenged to improve the process, my performance, and to call out solutions to issues. I was empowered to make decisions and promoted as fit to my ability. Some may tell a different story, but at the time I worked there, I found the above to be true. If it was not for the housing down turn, I likely would have remained there.
Nice place
Forklift trainer (Former Employee), Peru, ILDecember 6, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: laid-off
The company was great and the pay was good and the hours were great
I just had this position and walked out after 4 Months Beware!!!!
Buyer (Former Employee), RenoNovember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch wednesday
Cons: everything else. don't do it!!!!!
This was the most unprofessional, disorganized, horribly managed company I have ever worked for. Management taking credit for my hard work, job was way much more than a buyer position. Worked at least ten hours a day and when I left after only 9 hours was told that my co-workers notice when I leave and think I'm not there enough. Boss has no backbone and places blame on you for his issues. No procedures or documented process' in place yet if something goes wrong you didn't follow procedures. I went there to be a buyer and made $80k in estimated cost savings in the 4 months I was there in which I only got to spend maybe a month and a half actually doing the titled position. I was a forklift driver, office remodel organizer, warehouse organizer, and inventory counter. Beware this job is salary and they force 10-12 hour days and if it's between you and an hourly guy, they are making you work Saturday.
Productive place, long hours
Production and Finishing Operator (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: every other weekend off, healthcare
Cons: short breaks
• Measured dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
• Stopped machines to remove finished work pieces or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement, according to required machining sequences
• Checked to ensure machine and work pieces were properly lubricated and maintained during machine operation
• Inspected and removed defective products and packaging materials
• Examined, repaired, and replaced broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment
• Analyzed test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems
• Moved freight, stock, or finished materials to and from storage or production areas, using heavy equipment and forklifts
Grew up with this company
Lead/Operator/Process Support Technician (Former Employee), Tacoma, Wa 98446October 17, 2014
I grew up with this company. Learned a lot in manufacturing aspect. I learned how to lead and not just follow. How to look at things that are of value for my company and not just me. I raised my family on Hardie. I will always have a spot for them in my heart.

1 2 3