Jameson Inn Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere to work in
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Selma, ALApril 14, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: No lunch breaks
A typical day at work was putting customers information into the computer system, making monetary deposits and assuring everyone was satisfied.
Nice place at first then went down hill
Housekeeping Manageer (Former Employee), Conway, SCJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: understanding gm
Cons: lack of needed supplies and linen, poor management by owner
the day started with work assignments for the staff,then I started the laundry. When needed I would help the staff with their housekeeping duties and do any other needed services. I leaned how involved the operation of a motel can be. The co-workers for the most part were fun to work with and my immediate supervisor was great. The hardest part was having to do "write-ups" when they lead to termination. The enjoyable part was being able to meet the requests/needs of the quests.
The Jameson Inn
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Conway, SCNovember 3, 2014
While working at the Jameson gave me new skills that I can take with me to another job. I won't return to this employer now due to new management being there.
Was fun until the end
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Conway, SCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: no paid over time or holiday pay breaks
Was fun until it became a very hostile work environment when owners tried get staff to commit federal crimes
Pleasing all guest
Lead Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), perry gaSeptember 6, 2014
coming in to work going over job description and work that need to be completed. I have learned how to deal situations when people are angry and dissatisfied. I have to make sure my coworkers are happy and that their completing work as instructed to do so. The hardest part of the job is having to do all things by yourself when shot of help such as front desk, housekeeping, and laundry. The most enjoyable part is knowing that everyone is happy.
Interesting place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Alcoa, TNSeptember 1, 2014
I have always loved the hotel industry. This job was very educational and interesting, to say the least. Meeting people from different parts of the world almost daily was the most enjoyable part.
Work place
CSR (Former Employee), Pooler, GAJuly 14, 2014
The manager was excellent loved my job only thing they do not have benifiets they had to replace me due to a personal problem and had to be out longer then i was suppose to be due to complications
fun work place
Customer Service Rep./ Front Desk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2014
Pros: good discounts
Cons: not good benefits, no opportunity for advancement
The thing i liked most about this job was the interaction with the customers. The part i enjoyed less was the schedule.
Very friendly and understanding management
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Americus, GAApril 22, 2014
During my time here I really truly enjoyed mostly everything.
There were only two things that I would say needs changing. That would be the amount of Bed sets that are available and the vibe that was felt from the Head Housekeeper. I enjoyed the customers and the hours that I was scheduled to work. They worked with my schedule during the week when I started school. It was an overall positive experience.
Family atmosphere, long hours
Manager (Current Employee), Florence, ALFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: expensive healthcare, long hours, substandard compensation
I've learned a lot from this job; working closely with a wonderful staff has taught me to work together with the desk staff and housekeeping staff towards common. As a manager each day was consisted of a variety of responsibilities, including payroll, inventory, online review management, bank deposits, shift balancing, monthly reporting, forecasting, capital projects, and a host of other responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was definitely juggling the different duties while still working 20 hours of solo desk duty. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a friendly and dedicated staff.
Meeting new people
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 24, 2014
When i first started at the Jameson i didn't know any body, the housekeeper took me under her wings and showed me the robes early i was able to perform my duties at hand faster then before. One time we was short hand she ask me to go to the second floor and help her start clean rooms which i did, i meet this couple that was staying their on there vacation, the wanted to know where the bar was so they can have a drink, i stop what i was doing and walk them to the bar area. After where the team leader came to me thanking me for helping that couple out they give us great survey.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Waynesboro, GANovember 22, 2013
Cons: low pay
Typical day at work was checking in/out guests, doing laundry, preparing and cleaning up breakfast, maintaining the lobby of the hotel, making/changing/cancelling reservations and nightly auditing. I learned a lot about the hospitality industry. Management was friendly and would work with the employees' if needed. Co-workers were friendly and helped when needed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset guests. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Slow paced and very organized
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VANovember 10, 2013
IT was very unusual to work at a hotel that was very slow but yet organized. We started the day by managing our task through the the computer and getting involved with what our managers had for us after we assigning duties to the housekeepers. The co-workers were great and loyal to the business. Everything was enjoyable except that it was empty during the morning hours. Very easy job.
stable place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 8, 2013
this hotel has a very good staff and management is great, This is a stable place to work and everyone gets along, the manager is very fair in her scheduling. I can"t think of any cons, except pay could be a little better
Great when I was there
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCOctober 24, 2013
Awesome friendly staff and management. There are not as many as there once was, but it would definitely be a company I would go back to.
I really enjoyed working there
Sales, Reservations (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: health care, job advancement
The job was a family environment. Everybody was looking. Management was pleasant to work for,
moved to Tennessee
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Alsip, IL and Knoxville, TnJuly 8, 2013
loved the job was a reservation manager for one year in Alsip , Il then a year in Knoxville Tn. Tennessee did Uhaul different I didnt enjoy the position any longer so I looked for different work..
stepping stone
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee), Prattville, ALApril 22, 2013
Pros: free coffee and breakfast
Cons: low pay, no benefits, no room for advancement
I worked at Jameson Inn shortly after moving back to Alabama. It was close to my house which was great. A typical day at work included the passing of information from the previous shift, checking the property, folding laundry left over from house keepers, making the occasional reservation, but mostly it was taking walk ins, answering phones and lots and lots of down time. The management was ok. They were brand new to the hospitatily field so they didn't have a lot of real world experience, only what they learned in training. The other front desk attendants were all nice, housekeepers were a pain. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the down time. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and talking with the "regular" customers.
fun place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: i alway have the best view
Cons: short brake
A typical day at work: come ready to work
What I learn: how to be a team player working in team as well as by my self.
management: always on good terms I don't have anything bad to say
My co-worker: they enjoy my company
The hardest part of the job: nothing
The most enjoyable part of the job :I enjoywhat I do
Looking for a job with a fast paced company with many chances to advance
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: i alway have the best view
Cons: short brake
A typical day at work: come ready to work
What I learn: how to be a team player working in team as well as by my self.
management: always on good terms I don't have anything bad to say