Jameson Inn Employee Reviews

Meeting new people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 24, 2014
When i first started at the Jameson i didn't know any body, the housekeeper took me under her wings and showed me the robes early i was able to perform my duties at hand faster then before. One time we was short hand she ask me to go to the second floor and help her start clean rooms which i did, i meet this couple that was staying their on there vacation, the wanted to know where the bar was so they can have a drink, i stop what i was doing and walk them to the bar area. After where the team leader came to me thanking me for helping that couple out they give us great survey.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GANovember 22, 2013
Typical day at work was checking in/out guests, doing laundry, preparing and cleaning up breakfast, maintaining the lobby of the hotel, making/changing/cancelling reservations and nightly auditing. I learned a lot about the hospitality industry. Management was friendly and would work with the employees' if needed. Co-workers were friendly and helped when needed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset guests. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Cons
low pay
Slow paced and very organized
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 10, 2013
IT was very unusual to work at a hotel that was very slow but yet organized. We started the day by managing our task through the the computer and getting involved with what our managers had for us after we assigning duties to the housekeepers. The co-workers were great and loyal to the business. Everything was enjoyable except that it was empty during the morning hours. Very easy job.
stable place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 8, 2013
this hotel has a very good staff and management is great, This is a stable place to work and everyone gets along, the manager is very fair in her scheduling. I can"t think of any cons, except pay could be a little better
Great when I was there
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 24, 2013
Awesome friendly staff and management. There are not as many as there once was, but it would definitely be a company I would go back to.
I really enjoyed working there
Sales, Reservations (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 8, 2013
The job was a family environment. Everybody was looking. Management was pleasant to work for,
Pros
health care, job advancement
moved to Tennessee
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alsip, IL and Knoxville, TnJuly 8, 2013
loved the job was a reservation manager for one year in Alsip , Il then a year in Knoxville Tn. Tennessee did Uhaul different I didnt enjoy the position any longer so I looked for different work..
stepping stone
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALApril 22, 2013
I worked at Jameson Inn shortly after moving back to Alabama. It was close to my house which was great. A typical day at work included the passing of information from the previous shift, checking the property, folding laundry left over from house keepers, making the occasional reservation, but mostly it was taking walk ins, answering phones and lots and lots of down time. The management was ok. They were brand new to the hospitatily field so they didn't have a lot of real world experience, only what they learned in training. The other front desk attendants were all nice, housekeepers were a pain. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the down time. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and talking with the "regular" customers.
Pros
free coffee and breakfast
Cons
low pay, no benefits, no room for advancement
Looking for a job with a fast paced company with many chances to advance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 26, 2013
A typical day at work: come ready to work
What I learn: how to be a team player working in team as well as by my self.
management: always on good terms I don't have anything bad to say
My co-worker: they enjoy my company
The hardest part of the job: nothing
The most enjoyable part of the job :I enjoywhat I do
Pros
i alway have the best view
Cons
short brake
Looking for a job with a fast paced company with many chances to advance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 26, 2013
A typical day at work: is a good day I enjoy to work and work hard.
What I learn: how to be a team player as well as work alone.
management: always on good terms I don't have anything bad to say
My co-worker: I always make friends anytime I work I get along with everybody I work with.
The hardest part of the job: there are know hard part to the job when you enjoy it.
The most enjoyable part of the job: is meeting new people I enjoy cleaning I love what I do it's something I do very well.
Pros
i alway have the best view
Cons
short brake
Meeting new people is fun
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALFebruary 4, 2013
Customers are happy with there rooms i learn to keep a smile on my face that it can change a person day. Makes sure the job is done. Gets job done. The hardest is the easy part.. Knowing i have please all my customers
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
fun workplace
schuttle driver/housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 12, 2013
i enjoy cleaning so i loved working there and loved all the people
Pros
cleaning
Cons
the rate of pay
great hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 9, 2013
cleaning of the hotel rooms. was a great hotel to work for friendly staff an management. I had 15 years of cleaning experience so there wasnt anything hard about this job
Pros
great hotel
Very poor leadership
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJanuary 2, 2013
This job was just part time advancement and no rise. Just helped around th house.
Ability to meet others from places far and near
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jesup, GADecember 22, 2012
In a typical day my responsibilities including checking guests in or out, giving information about local restaurants, giving directions or information.
easy going job
Front Desk Clerk/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 14, 2012
a typical day at work i am usually either checking guest in or cleaning the hotel lobby and folding towels, working here ive learned patience, management is new so it taking some time to get adusted to her expectations, the hardest part about this job is the fact that it isnt busy the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and going home
Pros
being able to meet new people
Cons
no breaks because im the only person working
Fun, but overwhelming
Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 12, 2012
You pretty much make up for everything every one else doesn't feel like doing. There's no real structure.
Messy
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSOctober 31, 2012
A typical day was checking guest in and out. The mangement was awful. I was a front desk cler but had duties of desk clerk, housekeep and breakfast attentdent. I enjoyed working for the company.
Pros
work alone
Cons
being everyworker
A stressful workplace where tenants can sometimes get violent.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALOctober 20, 2012
On a typical day working at Jameson Inn Hotels, housekeepers have to clean and/or make the beds in about 10 rooms per housekeeper. On top of cleaning rooms and making beds, the manager will make us stay a while longer to do other chores such as cleaning the lobby and cleaning the kitchen. Working with the co-workers can sometimes be enjoyable, but not always. Overall, this job is very stressful especially for college students.
Cons
no free lunches; housekeepers work in the elements (cold weather, hot weather); some of the tenants are tough do deal with.
for the most part nice place to work
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 26, 2012
I love most of the staff that I work with. It is the management part that I have a hard time dealing with. I do my job and what I am suppose to. I even go above and beyond a lot of the time but do not get any recongnition. I take a lot but keep my head up and do what I need to do. I hope that one day they will notice what an asset I am and move me up. The guest that have been coming to stay there for a long time makes my job worth it. They come in and love to see me and care about how I am and how my home life is.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jameson Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8