Jamestown Community College

Jamestown Community College Employer Reviews

Night Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYApril 15, 2014
Great place to work. Also something to do and people are great to work with
Convenient
Library Worker thenTutor (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: convenient, flexible
Cons: minimum wage
Work-Study job, good supervisors and flexible schedule to fit around classes. Very convenient, job was on campus so classes and work fit together.
AAS nursing program
Adjunct Nursing Faculty (Current Employee), Jamestown, NYOctober 30, 2013
rewarding opportunity to provide education
good co-workers
flexible
Great Place to work!
Institutional Research Assistant (Current Employee), Jamestown, NYMay 16, 2013
Pros: great support network, caring environment, summer hours
Cons: lots of processes that could use review or streamlining to be more effective.
A great place to work! Co-workers are friendly and caring. Everyone is a valued part of the JCC team. Surrounded by talented individuals who listen to your ideas and encourage professional development.
I had very much enjoyed my years at the college. It is a wonderful environment of students and professionals.
Adjunct History Instructor (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYApril 12, 2012
Pros: tickets to events, student relations, academic freedoms
Cons: no healthcare, minimal retirement benefits, mileage
I was an adjunct and at times taught up to four courses and two campuses. So a typical day would be travel, prep, and lecture. THe remaining time was devoted to the students during office hours. I often used the time in between students to grade, prepare other lessons and update the online learning modules.

I learned a great deal from this position. – more... For example, time managment is critical. It could be difficult to wedge it all in during campus hours otherwise the resources (including other staff) may not be available. I had to learn to think more than a few steps ahead, I planned a semester ahead. Another example would be flexibility. Students at a two-year college have different agendas. I had to work with them all: transfers, repeaters, low-placement scores.

I think I enjoyed my co-workers most. It is something lacking at my current position: the intellectual stimulation. I enjoyed discussing classroom strategies, the newest higher-education issues, politics.... They were a solid group of people that really devoted themselves to thier jobs. I admire that. – less