Jan-Pro Employee Reviews

Too many contracts will consume your life
Hourly Custodian (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2016
Th contracts were all around the city. It was very difficult to please some contracts. It was also very difficult to stay within a certain cleaning time for larger contracts.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
late at night, picky customers
Very busy work Place
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 19, 2016
Days vary on assignments-Some days are longer than others
Management could be a lot better
My coworkers are great and they all feel the same
Trying to balance your life and work is the most difficult part
Being able to help and satisfy others
Pros
You get to learn a lot about business
Cons
Very long days, being micro managed, and hardly no self time
Good work enviroment
Operations Coordinator/Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2015
Get to the office at 8AM and out the door by 9:30 AM to start the day. Visiting customer accounts and performing inspections and troubleshooting customer complaints.
Enjoy Doing the best I can.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKDecember 11, 2015
Made sure everything was done that the company wished for. like made sure code was pushed in when leaving and doors locked behind. And made sure equipment worked properly.
Pros
Enjoyable.
Cons
Everything enjoyable
Time manageable
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 10, 2015
Great company, I can choose to accept the account or not if I want.
The most enjoyable part was I can have a full-time job while working for Jan-pro.
janpro
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 28, 2015
This company will take all of your time and money and wont even thank you for your understanding after. Yeah you can make money but the time invested in it is a killer.
Pros
fun get to clean and enjoys some events
Event Crew/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 18, 2015
i work as a custoden cleaning and seting up for events. i would work for 5pm to the next day untill 8 or 9 am i didnt sleep much. after i worked i went to school.
Able to meet new business owners to be able to move up in the workforce.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock ArkansasOctober 17, 2014
I would go to work drive around grounds first to see what needs to be done first, then my daily routine is to gather all trash through out the grounds replace with new liners. I learned how to be able to get along wonderfully with others. Everyday when I would come in there was always someone there to greet me with a smiling face.
Pros
i got to work around alot of restuarants so i got to taste new foods.
Cons
i worked by myself most of the time.
work with positive employees
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2014
the job was easy you go in you clean your done. as long as your doing your job every thing was good... i enjoyed the job cause you meet all different types of personalitys
Pros
work with great positive employees
Cons
the was no cons
Fast pased
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 2, 2014
A typical day with Jan-Pro would be first meeting my partner on site of the office building we are cleaning. Giving each other a quick update on requests or complaints. Emptying trash and vacuuming,dusting,mopping.
Pros
could decide hours with in a time frame
Cons
using my own transportation
Very diverse responsibilities.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2014
Handled customer complaints first thing each morning and provided a solution and deadline for solution. I learned that mostly customers just want to be heard and understood. Managed Franchise Owners and provided training. This was challenging because Franchise Owners tend to feel like business owners and are reluctant to follow instruction and or advice. The most enjoyable thing was helping Franchise Owners grow and prosper.
Pros
independent position
Cons
night and weekends were the normal working hours.
great job for college student
janitor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 22, 2014
cleaning bathrooms and windows and kitchens. three days out the week.
Pros
working by myself
Cons
working by myself
very productive and steady work place.
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2014
My typical day at work, i start my day with customer service calls to our clients after that i go out in the field to different buildings to do my inspections after i finish my inspections i make my way back to the office and put inspections data in our data base,
Pros
gas reimbursement, laid back atmosphere, great team and leadership
Cons
pay
self timed enviroment
janiorial crew member (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 16, 2014
i loved wotking with others and the fact that it was at my own pace was awesome.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Franchise
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 15, 2014
Worked there for a short time. Not a real good fit. This thing is making me leave a review. It was a long time ago
family
Office Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 7, 2014
worked there with family was not bad got to pick jobs. learned how to run a business
Flexible schedule and you get to work independently
Business Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 26, 2013
A typical day at work is late at night, I clean the restrooms mostly while my husband collects all the trash and wipes down all of the high touch surfaces. I've learned a lot about the janitorial industry. The hardest part of this job is the late nights. The most enjoyable part of this job is the flexible schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
late nights, unhappy customers
Clean, clean and clean some more.
Independent Contractor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 15, 2013
Night job. Started out learning the proper procedures on how to clean and what to clean in each building. As the months went by, I was moved to a management position due to the amount of new business I was able to bring in. Afterwards, I learned to delegate teams and schedules for the newer buildings while maintaining previous accounts. My co-workers' were just as hard-working as myself and the other managers. The hardest part of this job if I can even comment on one, was the cleaning. The most enjoyable would be the finished product and knowing you had everything to do with it.
Pros
i set my own schedule!
Cons
had to work everyday!
competitive
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2013
The market is extremely competitive and therefore there is a significant amount of pricing pressures and Jan-Pro is committed to providing a better level of service at a slightly higher price
Very flexible and easy going company to work for.
Janitorial Service (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2013
The job consists of a thorough cleaning of the building that Jan-Pro assigns the employee to do. Walk in turning off all alarms. Turning on all lights. Typical materials consists of rags, bleach, mop, trash can liners. You have to walk through all rooms in the building and replace all used trash liners. Wipe and dust off debris from desk and very circulated areas eliminating germs and bacteria. I learned that the employee has to be neat with cleaning supplies. Also I learned that i need to work quickly and efficiently to get the job done and satisfying the customer. The hardest part is keeping a consistent clean environment for customers because I have to check in the nooks and crannies for dust and make sure that no trash is left and that every desk in the building is maintained properly. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming in at whatever time you want after the closing time for the building, after the workers of the building leave. At times it is flexible but very time consuming.
Pros
flexible hours, well ran management
Cons
very time consuming