Jani-King Int'l Employee Reviews

housekeeper
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 5, 2016
two people to each crew would go in the room and take the old sheet and replace them with new ones dust everything. vaccuum, mop, sweep, clean the shower and sink, wipe down the mirror
Pros
great co workers, like family
Cons
no bennifets
Jani King Int'l helped out in cleaning skills
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NYJanuary 15, 2016
They had taught me how to clean better at home
The hardest part was learning how to make beds to the expectations
My co-workers was easy to work with
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning what to expect and what to look for while cleaning.
Management was tough on how the rooms suppose to look like
The typical day at work was finding out what rooms I and/ or co-workers had to do and getting our supplies ready
Pros
Learning how to clean
Cons
the pay
very productive
Telemarketer/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VADecember 13, 2015
I learned about the cleaning business and how it works. I also got to do some field work as well with the sales rep. Most enjoyable part of job was me was networking with clients
cleaning
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2015
Go to laction to be cleaned. Grab supplies and proceed to area to clean. also emptied trach containers, washes windows. Suface cleaning mopping and vacuuming.
Pros
I like the differents areas, and paid weekly
Cons
not permanemt
Jani-King, a never ending need to change and evolve
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 24, 2015
Jani-King required me to be a liaison between corporate, customer, and the franchisee. The job demanded that I continually manage multiple personalities, needs, and expectations to retain corporate accounts that were serviced by franchisees. I trained the franchisees, inspected their work, and managed customer relations for them. I was essentially cook, bottle washer, and fireman. The job provided constant challenge and excitement.
Pros
Constant challenge, learned quick thinking on the fly, experienced a wide variety of industry, health care, and office settings
Cons
Called out many nights, 70hour work week norm
Easy going professional work environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company. No two days were ever the same. I enjoyed answering the clients calls and troubleshooting the issues that they were having. Meeting all of the owner/operators and working very closely with them to ensure client happiness was a daily process, but never was it a negative process.
Pros
Happy workplace
great coworkers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 15, 2015
Jani-king was my introduction to housekeeping in a hospital. We also did offices, car dealerships, schools and churches. In an average day you do several buildings. It was always a challenge to accomplish the job at hand. One thing was wonderful about the job was you had a different crew depending on the building and the need of the day.
Cons
no health care or benifits
Nice enviorment that surrounded me with greatful people
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 5, 2015
It is fun to be able to get exercise and complete a job task at the same time. However to be able to work in a professional arena is great also, and keeping it clean for the fans is awsome.
Pros
Free food and beverages at times.
Cons
short break, long days on your feet
Work at Jani King
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 18, 2015
leave house at 5:30 pm to meet the manager in St. Augustine, FL. Drive to Ormand Beach, to do libraries and then the country clubs. and get home around 5:30-6:00 am
Productive and fun work.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 7, 2015
Fun work environments and assignments placed upon. Great team or co- workers. Weekly pay. Great management. Routine office, classroom, and restroom maintenance.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
Driving distance just for 3 hrs of work (High-Point Enterprise)
fun and productive
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2015
Fun work place I was able to sever doctoer and learn from their war experiences. I was able to move and grow with company we they expanded . I also was able to help the doctors who wanted to keep their offices clean and net.
Pros
work alone
Cons
some day are slower than other
not good
franshise owner (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KyAugust 27, 2015
must work very hard You start off owning them so much money that it is very hard to make money. Being a franchise owner you must have a good business plan and work very hard
Much responsibility
Commercial Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GreensboroAugust 24, 2015
I handled most of the properties myself while I only got paid 8 dollars an hour. unfair, very hard work.I did enjoy the fact that so much trust was placed on me
not to much to say here
janitor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 20, 2015
jani king is ok not a bad place to work. not hared work good hours nice people good management the hardest part would be cleaning around so many people
Great company. Employees and managers are great people.
Facilities Maintenance. (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2015
Great people to work for. They really care about the employes. Family oriented company they like to promote you to a next level.
management was really bad
Telemarketer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 9, 2015
Management really didn't care about employees if u didn't get 2 appointments a day they had something negative to say if not to your face but to other employees behind your back.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
management not for employees
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  SpringfieldAugust 5, 2015
Night crew. Doesn't have fixed hours, so sleep schedule isn't really good. 2-7 buildings a night to clean, just depends though. It's an okay job, the pay should be higher for the night crew though.
it was a very productive and serious workplace
yard cutter (Current Employee) –  people lawnsJuly 27, 2015
my typical day at work was hot and i was very sweaty. The hardest part of the job was pushing that lawnmower sometimes the person yard is so big that it felt like i was cutting for hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid.
Pros
i was making some money
Cons
it was very hot
Part-Time
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2015
This Job is okay for someone who just wants to pass the time while needing some type of employment while in school. I found the most difficult thing about this job is that the hours can sometime vary from day to day.
Pros
Part-time
Cons
low pay
Very productive since we clean when no one is there.
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 16, 2015
Very calm working place because of the fact that we clean when the workers clock out. Many rules to follow as we clean. Very productive.