Jani-King Employee Reviews in United States

good flexible schedule
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 24, 2016
Friendly environment, coworkers are great and management does excellent job. I've found that working for Jani King there is always room for advancement
Pros
ideal hours
Not Micro Managed
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 30, 2016
I work 35 hrs a week. The day consist of calling on new accounts, entering notes and setting appointments for the sales crew.

We have 5 associates in the office along with the Regional Director. Who doesn't have to micro manage us. We have or numbers to meet on a monthly basis. Which we meet every month.

Enjoy the work place and the associate's, but the hardest part of my job is. I have been here 2 1/2 yrs with no raise. $10 an hr plus commission on the first paycheck of the month. We get paid on the 5th and 20th of ever month.

We have lost 3 associates, and replaced them because of no raises
for them, and they have been replaced by associates that aren't what the previous associate's were.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping new franchise owners get started in their new company. I have been able to help some people I know personally start their own business. Very rewarding.
Pros
Franchise owners
Cons
Lack of reward and recgonition
Environmental Products and Services
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 18, 2016
I am responsible for wiping down tables and pulling the trash. I also clean the bathrooms. Cleaning at Safety Kleen has taught me how to pay attention in detail to the things I am doing, and making sure that I over check my work. It has also gave me the insight that there will be times when I will have to do things that I would rather not do, or do not feel comfortable doing. I work with my sister and sometimes my mom, so the work environment is smooth and easy. The hardest part of my job is cleaning the toilets or replaces the trash bags. What
I enjoy about my job is that it advances my cleaning ability.
Pros
Work at my own pace
Cons
Cleaning may vary
Quality interaction with C Level executives to allow for great sales experience
Regional Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 18, 2015
Good team of experience sales people and Operations Managers very adept in commercial janitorial services. The company provides vehicles eliminating their field team from putting their personal vehicles through wear and tear.
Pros
No micromanagement, experiences supervisors, great team and culture
Cons
Very expensive health benefits, not the best pay
great company supervisor wasn't up to par
Janitor building clean (Former Employee) –  2400 N Woodlawn Ave, Suite 140, Wichita, KS 67220February 26, 2016
the day working is slow but fast if you are ahead of time, but as you work you find new ways to improve skills also any workers cleaning last has help from other workers the hardest part of working was finishing early, and the most enjoyable part would be knowing your working for pay
Pros
your own time manager
Cons
to much work for salary payment
Jani King Int'l helped out in cleaning skills
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NYJanuary 15, 2016
They had taught me how to clean better at home
The hardest part was learning how to make beds to the expectations
My co-workers was easy to work with
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning what to expect and what to look for while cleaning.
Management was tough on how the rooms suppose to look like
The typical day at work was finding out what rooms I and/ or co-workers had to do and getting our supplies ready
Pros
Learning how to clean
Cons
the pay
productive place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 29, 2016
Jani-King was a good company to work for if you was really to work hard and do your job very well. work on your own with minimum supervision, and was able to set your own work pace
Pros
setting your own work schedule
Cons
did not provide health insurance
no advance opportunity
Quality Assurance/ Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 21, 2016
Job not stable. Horrible work environment I was there for 4 years and went through 4 different GMs. No opportunity for advancement or increase in pay.
Poor Management and Services
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 21, 2016
Regional Director was extremely selfish, stole leads from other AE's, no training AT ALL, couldn't gain business due to high priced services that owners would turn down, and when we would sign new businesses they were unhappy with the job done, not a fun work environment due to high tension in the office. The company overall is a joke
Pros
Company car and phone
Cons
No training, micro-managed, services were over priced
Work in nursing home but no direct deposit
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMay 8, 2016
Management was unstable at first but then it got itself together. I worked night shift so it was quiet and everything ran smoothly. When paycheck time came around the boss never came in when she said she would to deliver the checks and sometimes would change days or even have a hard time cashing them. The company also kept messing with my hourly wage.
Pros
worked alone, night shift, great staff
Cons
management totally messing everything up
This Company is a joke
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 13, 2016
The Lenexa, KS Location is a joke no need to apply you will work for 2 months at the most then you will be laid off. I made quota went above and beyond making calls and appointments. When the company overall has a bad reputation, and EVERY CUSTOMER has a negative comment about the company NOTHING WILL SELL!!!!! So again I suggest don't waist your time.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, stressful, no leads, not worth the time
Poor working environment
Operations Manager, EVS Manager /Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 14, 2015
Very top down culture. Unable to use "creative thinking." Control maintained at corporate, and very little leway. MUST start and end day at office. Makes day difficult to complete daily tasks.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Too much micro management.
Productive workplace
janitor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 31, 2016
Janitors jobs don't change much, since basically the same things would 've clean daily.the biggest change depends on the amount of trash collected from every worker's desk or depending is there were any activities from holidays going on. Activities like cleaning bathroom, floors, passing vacuum, cleaning desk, dust, metallic surfaces, glass are what compose a whole day work as a janitor.
Hard work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 12, 2016
I was on a 30 day contract with Jani-King and it was very hard work. I was in great shape after the contract was over and my supervisor at the time taught me high quality work and great techniques from his 20+ years in commercial janitorial work. My two supervisors on the work site had great senses of humor and during our breaks they would entertain us with stories of what they've gone through in both their lives and what they've learned from previous worksites.
Good beginner job for college grads
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 21, 2016
Jani King is a good company to work for over all. It isn't the most challenging job in the world, but management does take care of their people. DO NOT let them get away with paying you less than .50 per mile for mileage if you use your own car. Its an entry level job , with low pay, but decent commissions
Pros
Good people
Cons
Terrible pay, dont use your own vehichle.
An Experience I Enjoyed
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 4, 2016
The work was typical as if I was at home or helping someone else. I learned that its not what you do, but how you do it. The manager and I bonded quickly. He loved my work and dedication to getting a job done. The co-workers didn't like it, but they grew to understand the lesson that I learned. There wasn't any hard parts to the job. It is what I love to do which makes it enjoyable.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no hard work
productive and great work place with great people.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 24, 2016
my typical day at work is keeping busy making the work place safe and tidy environment. I work around great people and if a hand is needed, a hand is there. the hardest part about my job is trying not to have so much fun. the most enjoyable part of my job is all the great people i get to meet.
Family oriented
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 12, 2016
Outbound calls to existing and potential customers, answered high volume calls from 400- 600 and entered data into spreadsheets

Gained customer service skills

Enjoyed management team and co-workers

The most difficult thing was getting used to the high volume calls

Best part of the job was the family oriented environment and frequent incentives
Jani-King
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 22, 2016
Work days are Monday Thru Friday mostly 8am -5pm
Normal day starts out telemarketing making approximately 50-80 telephone calls to set appointments
On the road from 10am-4pm on appointments and making cold calls
plus signing more service agreements.
Pros
Making contacts
Cons
There is no room for advancement
Professional cleaning company
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  New London, CTJanuary 26, 2016
Fast paced cleaning company, helpful management while allowing you to self manage when possible, flexible schedule, mostly cleaning professional office spaces,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jani-King. Our community is ready to answer.