Jani-King Employee Reviews

Terrible when it comes to pay. No incentive to work fast
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaJanuary 20, 2017
Worked cleaning Gila River Arena after events. Managers hurry you to finish asap so you don't get your full 7 hours. Pay is every 5th and 20th and you have to try to meet the manager on that day just to pick up your check instead of having all the checks at the east phoenix office for easy pickup. I can see now why most people do not come back.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Less hours than expected. Hassle to get paid. Managers do not seem to be on the same page
Jani- King AKA Jani- Trash
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2017
This company is very shady management is never around no growth in this company and no job security you're forced to do others work cook for the franchise owners lift furniture and move furniture there's no group meetings the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with cleanings and assisting with package plans
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Terrible management no leadership skills at all the turn over rate is terrible
Productive and inspiring experience.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2017
A typical work day for me was going to school during the day and working for my parents cleaning service at night. The job duties consisted of cleaning offices, bathrooms, trash. I also stripped and waxed floors.The hardest part of the job was the late hours and having to go to school the next morning. The best part was the knowledge and experience I gained. It also gave me a since of responsibility dedication and drive to always do my best no matter what the task.
Pros
Working for my parents
Meeting great people
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 10, 2017
Walking into work I always see a friendly face and is greeted. I learn many things everyday. I learn about different cleaning supplies and how to clean something the proper way to remove stains. The hardest part of my job was not finishing what i started as planned in time before I was to clock out. The most enjoying thing about my job is knowing I cleaned it so its cleaned well.
Good job opportunitys with a great employer
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 16, 2016
my experience working for them at the location i was given the opportunity to work in was overall the best i loved going to work everyday i learned alot as well as i was taught alot also. I can truly say my employer was the best boss ever not only because she hired me and gave me the opportunity but because she truly is great at making you feel and be the best employee you can be so you can achieve and do a job well done not just for the company you represent but for yourself as an employee and a person as well.
Very warm and nice people
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 28, 2016
Cleaning and sanitizing the dialysis clinic and getting it ready for the customers patients for the next day. The people I clean for are all very nice. I get along with all of them. If I run into any issues I will leave a note to whomever, Either my supervisor or the clinical supervisor.
Pros
Stable work
Cons
Like to work more hours a day, but fewer days
Productive and great team
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 29, 2016
Working here qith jani king is acceptable everyone works as one the best team a lot of people learn how to properly clean and maintain a steady but fast work pace you also lear the importance of dust control and sanitize all surfaces from kitchen to bathrooms and so on.
Pros
You dont have a supervisor hanging over tour haed your whole shift
Cons
Having to clean alone sometimes
It was a laid back job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2016
I like my job for the most part because i wasn't being watched and hounded on what to do. I really had a lot of freedom all i had to do was empty trash mop some floors it was pretty much the easiest money i made. Plus i got to take my own breaks and i wasn't forced to do anything extra outside of what my job required
Cons
This company is a good company...working after basketball games, concerts....
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2016
Funs times....working at the Time Warner Arena....the people there are nice and friendly...some nights are easy....other nights can be long, when they have change over.... That's when change is made from basketball to concerts.
Pros
N/A
Cons
No health care..
Productive and Motivated
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2017
I learned how to manage a crew of 20 and to balance time and work throughout the work day. I delegated certain jobs to others in order to get everything completed in time. The hardest part was adjusting to working nights.
Pros
salary
Cons
hours

Want to know more about Jani-King?

Ask a question
this place was very unprofessional
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 19, 2017
I went in for interview and they made me feel like I was going to court. The lady at the front desk was one of the most rudest persons I've ever met in my whole entire life.pretty sad .
Pros
Cons
the lady at the front desk very rude
Excellent had different places of employment
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2016
My boss is a wonderful person understanding and worked at different places alcoa iron works duties dusting sweeping mopping san antonio saws building and for childrens immigrants
Pros
Free lunch when provided
Cons
Breaks were good
Necessary Evil
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 16, 2016
Management is awesome. Always looking for new clients and cleaners. Depending on where you live, you could have 3-4 different businesses to clean that take anywhere from 30 min to 3 hours to clean. If you have the desire to work hard are dependable with your own car, this is an excellent place to work.

Most of the time you are by yourself or another co-worker and the job is fairly routine.
Pros
Management will work around your hours
Cons
Sometimes distances driven don't equal out to hours worked
We worked at the same offices weekly
Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAJanuary 17, 2017
This position was perfect the hours were good as were the location of jobs. We worked together cleaning as a team making sure all offices were clean and orderly
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
lunch breaks
Everybody works together
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoy working for my boss and in all I didn't get the proper pay that I need to get. He worked us Not even pay us. I didn't like it, the job had to get done.
Pros
I worked under pressure not getting paid
Cons
They don't pay you hours
Management only cares for themselves
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 21, 2016
I currently still work here, however I wish we had better management. They only care for themselves and not the employees. However, everything else is fine management just needs to be looked at.
Pros
Hours
okay to work there
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 11, 2017
I did enjoy working there because it worked with my schedule. I came in and did proposals, helped franchise owners out, answered all phones and did what ever was asked of me.
good work inverment
Co-Owner (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 23, 2016
cleanig moping floors buffing floors an dustingi really love my job nice inverment to work.there are not really anything hard about the job at all.The best part about the job i like is i can work at my own past an get it done
Environmental Products and Services
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 18, 2016
I am responsible for wiping down tables and pulling the trash. I also clean the bathrooms. Cleaning at Safety Kleen has taught me how to pay attention in detail to the things I am doing, and making sure that I over check my work. It has also gave me the insight that there will be times when I will have to do things that I would rather not do, or do not feel comfortable doing. I work with my sister and sometimes my mom, so the work environment is smooth and easy. The hardest part of my job is cleaning the toilets or replaces the trash bags. What
I enjoy about my job is that it advances my cleaning ability.
Pros
Work at my own pace
Cons
Cleaning may vary
low pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Melville, NY 11747January 22, 2017
The few hours I did went on my metro card . I had to find another job to pay rent and utilities. It wasn't enough to pay anything . Only if they give more hours and higher pay . It would be a great company to work for .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jani-King. Our community is ready to answer.