Janie and Jack Employee Reviews in United States

Best first job.
Assistant Manager/ Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJMay 23, 2016
My supervisor believed in training and promoting current employees rather than hiring already experienced employees. My skills were turned into my own personal work spaces. I was much better at folding and organizing to stock room than my co-workers. This turned into a personal workspace once a week.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Low Wages
Charming but demanding work environment
Part-time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 24, 2016
As the high-end of the Gymboree corporation Janie and Jack definitely delivers a well made, high-quality product that is visually pleasing and in demand.Very charming but demanding work environment and hence very easy to sell. The return policies sometimes hinder customer service and the worker compensation needs to be better especially when working holidays.
Trendy clothes
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 10, 2016
Fun outfitting todays most trendy toddlers. Fun energetic environment with a great staff. Cute clothing and good promos.
Organized with great customer interactions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 10, 2016
The company is very well organized and everything is always straight forward. Janie and Jack is a store where you really get to know the customers and develop good connections with them.
Low stress, but low pay.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Easy job overall. It is a great first time job, but starting pay is minimal and hours are given sparsely, mainly given to managers and those who have worked with the company longer. They do work with schedule though, which is extremely helpful.
Love the store
Full-time Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Great clothing store children to have memories and still have a stylish wardrobe to go along with looks of mom and dad. Also many heirloom timepieces to pass along down generation to generation.
Best times working there
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 11, 2015
Floor sets were exciting just because unveiling the new clothes for children was interesting and it was fun putting outfits together.
Pros
working there in general
Cons
short breaks, Non friendly managers
Nice, easy going workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMay 19, 2015
Working at Janie and Jack was a very enjoyable experience. My responsibilities were to help each customer find exactly what he/she needed, ring them up at the register, and make sure that their Janie and Jack experience was as good as it could be. I would also help with the monthly floor set, reorganizing the clothes and structures on the floor. The only complaint that I have about this job is that I wasn't able to get as many hours as I would have wanted.
Pros
fun, easy going coworkers
Cons
not enough hours
Great Work/ Life Balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 7, 2015
Great place to grow in your career with being part of Gymboree Corporation you not only have the potential to grow in your current brand but with our sister brands as well. Having a great team of fellow Store Managers who all work well together has made it a very connected along with supportive district.
Ok
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 15, 2015
Well?!! I was the 4th Store Manager in 2 years, and while I was there, I had 3 DM's. the longest SM that was there it was 1 year, No staff, no one want to work with children's apparel. You work a lot, others pretend to like you, no trussed,.
Pros
Nice Pay
Cons
Everything ales, not for me.
very productive positive enviroment
Supervisor/ Sales Leads (Current Employee) –  short hillsFebruary 23, 2015
Great place to work! Just my current position is part time because of lack of hours and I'm looking for a full time positions. The staff is very supportive and everyone works as a team its always a pleasure going in to work.
Fun and enjoyable place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 17, 2015
All my co-workers were fantastic! Very friendly polite and ready to work as a team to reach daily sale goals. I loved helping out all our customer (the frequent and new ones), to find what they need and even buy what the want. Enjoyed helping the Spanish speaking customers who were always happy to see me and appreciated all the advise in helping select the special outfit they were looking for. The manager was the most enthusiastic, encouraging, and the best team player of all.
Pros
great management, flexible schedules, everyone always helping each other, great discount
Cons
benefits only for management personel
awful
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  houston, TXJanuary 5, 2015
the manager was unorganized and highly unprofessional. the workers let their personal lives affect their work the environment was unsafe.
Fun, Energetic, and Time Consuming
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlNovember 10, 2014
Wonderful company to work for. If you want to work retail but not do more than 40 hours a week then this is not for you. Long days and weeks. But store is beautiful and amazing. Clothes are to die for!
Children's Boutique
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 31, 2014
I helped customers find product, kept the store clean and had cashier responsibilities.
Janie and Jack
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  SFJune 5, 2014
Great store and great company. they truly take care of their employees
Enjoyable
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 19, 2014
Fun retail atmosphere discovered skill of visual merchandising...enjoyed dressing body forms and displays throughout store...learned about the children clothing industry; good communication with store manager any issues positive or negative there was prompt responses, co-workers good to work with everyone willing to work with each other, challenging part of job was at holiday time parking 1/2 mile away when weather was bad,
Pros
learning childrens clothing
Cons
parking away from job during holiday season
Love the work life balance!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 17, 2014
Great job for work life balance. DSM is great and very understanding. Fun work environment.
great staff
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 6, 2014
the management team was awesome they always worked with me. the day consisted of doing paperwork and being an example for other sales associates, the store was very enjoyable because the staff were always very professional yet lenient and nice.
Pros
great staff
Cons
low paying job
A friendly workplace with excellent customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILNovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work for me would consist of working a 3 hour shift, mostly ringing people up for their items and re-stocking the sales floor. Customer service if definitely our number one priority; if the customer's not happy, we're not happy. I have learned from this job, and even more from my previous retail job, that presenting great customer service is key if you want to make sales. My jobs have also shown me how to handle tough customers in a calm manner and to show them that we care about their concerns. I would consider my management staff and co-workers at Janie and Jack almost like a family to me. They're so kind and are always willing to do whatever it takes to make everyone happy, including the customers. The hardest part of my job, in my opinion, would be the feeling of being overwhelmed while your unboxing 50 boxes in a back room with such limited space. My job is not one that takes a lot of effort, some might say its quite easy. I've always been a people pleaser, so I feel that any job requiring great customer service would fall into my category of an enjoyable job.
Pros
discounts on the merchandise
Cons
paying for parking, and working short shifts