Janie and Jack Employee Reviews

Very welcoming
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 21, 2017
The management team is very welcoming and scheduling tries to be done around class schedules and prior commitments. If you make a mistake, they are always willing to offer help on how to do things the correct way. Questions are always welcomed and answered. They are also very caring, by calling when you are late and always looking to get to know you better.
Na
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2017
I enjoy working with children, having a child of my own and can relate to our customers. Management is good, but corporate makes some silly decsions regarding the business and this is leading to financial turmoil and now no job stability.
Awesome work environment.
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMarch 26, 2017
Love my job! Looking for more opportunities. I am a 2016 graduate from Stamford High School and I am looking for more opportunity and room to grow. Willing to take onto new challenges.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Healthcare
Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 3, 2017
This job was definitely fun, but still hard work. This is also a terrific part time job whilst in school, if that may be in high school and/or college.
Functioning and capable workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 7, 2017
A typical workday would be engaging in customer service. After being in customer service for 4 years, I learned that each customer has specific needs, and sometimes we cannot fulfill those needs. I say this because higher management fails to demonstrate the appropriate procedures to provide excellent customer service. On the other hand, the culture of the workplace is happy and friendly, despite the internal conflicts. Unfortunately, the hardest part of the job to me is not completing tasks. In other words, I like to make sure everything I start is completed efficiently and in a timely manner. Besides, the best part of the job is satisfying the customers. The ultimate goal of being in customer service is to satisfy the customer's needs. Plus, I like to make the customer's day.
Pros
customers
Benefits
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Grove, CAJanuary 16, 2017
I love this job the people and staff are great and do not mind helping you . It's such a great company with lots of benefits and opportunity for growth too .
Productive and fun enviorment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, NYDecember 1, 2016
Its been an amazing journey. Learned a lot when it came to paper work as well as enhanced my communication skills when it comes to children as well as customers.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
Minimal hours.
Customer Service
Sales Associate/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 20, 2016
Janie and Jack truly is a home away from home to me. I have learned excellent customer service skills and have learned invaluable interpersonal skills.
Theres a lot of growth in the company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 8, 2016
The worse part is pay but other than that if you dont really care about pay and just growth. Gymboree it right for you.

Other than balance of work a life is really good. no crazy hours.
easy work but unsteady
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2016
Assisting customers, asking if they need help with anything , educate them on in store promotions to consider. organizing store and make sure inventory is stocked accordingly. working cash registers.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
unsteady work schedule and hours, rate of pay is poor
Best first job.
Assistant Manager/ Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJMay 23, 2016
My supervisor believed in training and promoting current employees rather than hiring already experienced employees. My skills were turned into my own personal work spaces. I was much better at folding and organizing to stock room than my co-workers. This turned into a personal workspace once a week.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Low Wages
Charming but demanding work environment
Part-time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 24, 2016
As the high-end of the Gymboree corporation Janie and Jack definitely delivers a well made, high-quality product that is visually pleasing and in demand.Very charming but demanding work environment and hence very easy to sell. The return policies sometimes hinder customer service and the worker compensation needs to be better especially when working holidays.
Trendy clothes
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 10, 2016
Fun outfitting todays most trendy toddlers. Fun energetic environment with a great staff. Cute clothing and good promos.
Organized with great customer interactions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 10, 2016
The company is very well organized and everything is always straight forward. Janie and Jack is a store where you really get to know the customers and develop good connections with them.
Low stress, but low pay.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Easy job overall. It is a great first time job, but starting pay is minimal and hours are given sparsely, mainly given to managers and those who have worked with the company longer. They do work with schedule though, which is extremely helpful.
Love the store
Full-time Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Great clothing store children to have memories and still have a stylish wardrobe to go along with looks of mom and dad. Also many heirloom timepieces to pass along down generation to generation.
Best times working there
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 11, 2015
Floor sets were exciting just because unveiling the new clothes for children was interesting and it was fun putting outfits together.
Pros
working there in general
Cons
short breaks, Non friendly managers
Nice, easy going workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMay 19, 2015
Working at Janie and Jack was a very enjoyable experience. My responsibilities were to help each customer find exactly what he/she needed, ring them up at the register, and make sure that their Janie and Jack experience was as good as it could be. I would also help with the monthly floor set, reorganizing the clothes and structures on the floor. The only complaint that I have about this job is that I wasn't able to get as many hours as I would have wanted.
Pros
fun, easy going coworkers
Cons
not enough hours
Great Work/ Life Balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 7, 2015
Great place to grow in your career with being part of Gymboree Corporation you not only have the potential to grow in your current brand but with our sister brands as well. Having a great team of fellow Store Managers who all work well together has made it a very connected along with supportive district.
Ok
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 15, 2015
Well?!! I was the 4th Store Manager in 2 years, and while I was there, I had 3 DM's. the longest SM that was there it was 1 year, No staff, no one want to work with children's apparel. You work a lot, others pretend to like you, no trussed,.
Pros
Nice Pay
Cons
Everything ales, not for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Janie and Jack. Our community is ready to answer.