Janie and Jack Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 15, 2018
The store is generally busy with high demanding customers. The hardest part of the job was working alone with just the managers in the store. I would be left to run a busy store while the manager would hide away in the back. The best part of the job are the sales associates because they are very happy when they arrive to work. But other than the co-workers, Janie and Jack was a great place to work and I enjoyed my time there.
Excellent atmosphere to work at, beautiful merchandise, each new collection is as gorgeous as the previous.
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLFebruary 8, 2018
It is a wonderful store to work at. The clothes are great quality, the collections are adorable. I love working and helping families with their beautiful babies, kids. It so easy to sell the outfits because they are really nice.
Pros
Great company, great manager, team work.
Janie and Jack
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 22, 2018
Don't waste your time working at this company as pay is low and no compensation, Management is demanding for sales staff, but as we all know, no rewards are ever given. You can go to any other retail store and make more money.
Pros
cute clothes
Cons
no compensation
Janie and Jack
SALES ASSOCAITE (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 6, 2018
While working at Janie and Jack it was a great experience. Everyone I worked with was great, and friendly. The only problem working here I couldn't advance towards something I was passionate about.
Fun and productive working environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 2, 2018
My job was to oversee the daily production and management of the company’s store. I lead sales conversation and interacted with customers while representing the brand effectively. I balanced working while attending university.
Basic Retail Job
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 14, 2017
Janie and Jack is owned by the Gymboree corporation so our store will be closing as a result of restructuring during the bankruptcy. It has been a run of the mill retail job.
The product and customers were fun
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2017
Management was not the best. A lot of double standards and pettiness. Pay was minimal and the only benefits you received (if you weren't a Full Time employee ) was a discount and 401k. Minimal paid holidays as well.
The product was cute and it was fun to interact with the children and their families.
Pros
Fun seeing regular customers
Cons
Poor management, lack of benefits, less than desirable pay
Retail
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2017
You had a sales goal each day but your salary was not tied to it. The customers were very easy to sale to. The pace of the store was determine by the sales or the new merchandise .
Pros
customers
Cons
low pay no commission
Love!
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CANovember 6, 2017
Love working for this company. Have never had any issues with management or co workers. The store manager I currently work for is amazing. This is SUCH a good corporation to work for
Pros
Discounts
Cons
low pay
Easy but something you have to asjust to if your not used to dealing with parents or children
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOOctober 26, 2017
go into work and start your day it was usually fun because we usually kept things clean so we never had too much to clean but the customers were great and we loved helping the kids find cute little outfits they loved to wear or going to wear especially the little girls.
Pros
Kids, Patients Parents
Cons
No benefits, people who wouldn't be buying anything messed up our in and out process
Good product, good customers
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSSeptember 9, 2017
I enjoyed my work, however, I did not ppreciate working alone at nights and we were often too busy for 1 person to provide great Customer Service. There was little room for advancement, (Mgr. hired from outside, no promotion within), and after working there, and covering many shifts for others who called in, I did not even get a raise at review time.
Pros
Discounts and mostly great customers
Cons
No benefits, no appreciation for working above and beyond, no raises
Not the best place
Manager (Current Employee) –  NcAugust 27, 2017
Started off great in a small store but then started in s bigger store traffic went from 200 a day to 1309 a day. Still just me to help customers and get all my work done to
Pros
Discounts
Great Place for First Time Managers
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2017
If you want to learn how to manage a store this a great first job to learn but they didn't give us raises when the minimum wage was raised. We only got 50 cents more than the minimum wage to be a manager. We were crazy underpaid so I left.
Pros
Easy to clean and you get out early.
Cons
Refuse to pay you when there are minimum wage raises.
Like the job
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2017
Like job at first but then management changes and everything went down hill. There was no staff over working and just not getting enough pay for dealing with all that stress.
Pros
easy job
Cons
short brake, low pay, no compensation
Loved it!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 1, 2017
My first job in "retail". Enjoyed the overall vibe of working here. Very lovely customers, creativity was an asset that I loved to incorporate into my everyday sales, whether that be by changing mannequins or setting outfits up for customers. Always a pleasure.
good pay
Sales lead (Key Holder) (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ 08401July 27, 2017
Nice boss. Co workers are friendly and nice.provide goods and services to customers. Sales representatives work with customers to find what they want, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process. Sales representatives will work to find new sales leads, through business directories, client referrals
Standard Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Janie and Jack. My managers and coworkers were all lovely people and taught me a lot. This job is not fast-paced at all, it's a very relaxed atmosphere. Most days I would cycle between steaming clothes and running the till.
Pros
Laid back work environment
Cons
Short shifts
Loved working here
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 16, 2017
I am very big into retail and helping others. So being in a kids store especially was awesome. Putting together the floor displays and transforming the store was always fun.
poor managment
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 10, 2017
When I started working here, it was a nice environment, but then the store manager was a HORRIBLE manager. she didn't know what she was doing. Everybody else in the store basically did a better job at running it than her.
pretty nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 4, 2017
if you enjoy helping parents find the perfect outfit for they're little ones and organizing the store to maximas sales and you are goal driven then this is the job for you. Its a nice place to work, gets crazy whenever we have sales. downside you are constantly remodeling the store.
Pros
nice place
Cons
remodeling/understaffed