Janie and Jack

Janie and Jack Employee Reviews

Best times working there
Sales Lead (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJune 11, 2015
Pros: working there in general
Cons: short breaks, Non friendly managers
Floor sets were exciting just because unveiling the new clothes for children was interesting and it was fun putting outfits together.
Nice, easy going workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Canonsburg, PAMay 19, 2015
Pros: fun, easy going coworkers
Cons: not enough hours
Working at Janie and Jack was a very enjoyable experience. My responsibilities were to help each customer find exactly what he/she needed, ring them up at the register, and make sure that their Janie and Jack experience was as good as it could be. I would also help with the monthly floor set, reorganizing the clothes and structures on the floor. The only complaint that I have about this job is that I wasn't able to get as many hours as I would have wanted.
Great Work/ Life Balance
Store Manager (Current Employee), Concord, NCMay 7, 2015
Great place to grow in your career with being part of Gymboree Corporation you not only have the potential to grow in your current brand but with our sister brands as well. Having a great team of fellow Store Managers who all work well together has made it a very connected along with supportive district.
OK
Store Manager (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: Nice Pay
Cons: Everything ales, not for me.
Well?!! I was the 4th Store Manager in 2 years, and while I was there, I had 3 DM's. the longest SM that was there it was 1 year, No staff, no one want to work with children's apparel. You work a lot, others pretend to like you, no trussed,.
very productive positive enviroment
Supervisor/ Sales Leads (Current Employee), short hillsFebruary 23, 2015
Great place to work! Just my current position is part time because of lack of hours and I'm looking for a full time positions. The staff is very supportive and everyone works as a team its always a pleasure going in to work.
Fun and enjoyable place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great management, flexible schedules, everyone always helping each other, great discount
Cons: benefits only for management personel
All my co-workers were fantastic! Very friendly polite and ready to work as a team to reach daily sale goals. I loved helping out all our customer (the frequent and new ones), to find what they need and even buy what the want. Enjoyed helping the Spanish speaking customers who were always happy to see me and appreciated all the advise in helping select the special outfit they were looking for. The manager was the most enthusiastic, encouraging, and the best team player of all.
Cool place to work if your looking for part time.
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Cool place to work if your looking for part time. Cool place to work if your looking for part time.
awful
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), houston, TXJanuary 5, 2015
the manager was unorganized and highly unprofessional. the workers let their personal lives affect their work the environment was unsafe.
Fun, Energetic, and Time Consuming
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Orlando, FlNovember 10, 2014
Wonderful company to work for. If you want to work retail but not do more than 40 hours a week then this is not for you. Long days and weeks. But store is beautiful and amazing. Clothes are to die for!
Children's Boutique
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 31, 2014
I helped customers find product, kept the store clean and had cashier responsibilities.
Janie and Jack
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), SFJune 5, 2014
Great store and great company. they truly take care of their employees
Enjoyable
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHMay 19, 2014
Pros: learning childrens clothing
Cons: parking away from job during holiday season
Fun retail atmosphere discovered skill of visual merchandising...enjoyed dressing body forms and displays throughout store...learned about the children clothing industry; good communication with store manager any issues positive or negative there was prompt responses, co-workers good to work with everyone willing to work with each other, challenging part of job was at holiday time parking 1/2 mile away when weather was bad,
Love the work life balance!
Store Manager (Current Employee), Murray, UTMarch 17, 2014
Great job for work life balance. DSM is great and very understanding. Fun work environment.
great staff
Sales Leader (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: low paying job
the management team was awesome they always worked with me. the day consisted of doing paperwork and being an example for other sales associates, the store was very enjoyable because the staff were always very professional yet lenient and nice.
A friendly workplace with excellent customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILNovember 13, 2013
Pros: discounts on the merchandise
Cons: paying for parking, and working short shifts
A typical day at work for me would consist of working a 3 hour shift, mostly ringing people up for their items and re-stocking the sales floor. Customer service if definitely our number one priority; if the customer's not happy, we're not happy. I have learned from this job, and even more from my previous retail job, that presenting great customer service is key if you want to make sales. My jobs have also shown me how to handle tough customers in a calm manner and to show them that we care about their concerns. I would consider my management staff and co-workers at Janie and Jack almost like a family to me. They're so kind and are always willing to do whatever it takes to make everyone happy, including the customers. The hardest part of my job, in my opinion, would be the feeling of being overwhelmed while your unboxing 50 boxes in a back room with such limited space. My job is not one that takes a lot of effort, some might say its quite easy. I've always been a people pleaser, so I feel that any job requiring great customer service would fall into my category of an enjoyable job.
It was a fun and active place to work .
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks, going out of buisness
A typical day at work would be to just come in on time and clock in , make sure you have your work clothes on ... You learned alot of things from things that go on to every day basis to how much is worth a pound . Everything at the job was pretty easy , nothing too hard . My co-workers were the best , never had a problem with anybody . I loved placing the amounts on the products .
Great atmosphere, and great co workers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Valencia, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: incentives included lunches, parties and raises
Cons: no benefits
I learned that customer service is very important, and building a friendship with the customers has been the key element for them to become a lifetime customer.
Simple sale assoiciate position
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2012
Well organized company with great staff that had a great product to work with. It was hard to get more tha 20 hours as a part time sales associate.
Fun and Exciting place to work
Sales Leader (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 12, 2012
Pros: discounts on clothing in the mall
Cons: not enough hours
I enjoy working at the store , it gives me the chance to help someone and make recommendations on clothing choices . It also lets me bring out my personality more
Fun Place to work, but not appreciated
Sales Lead (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXJuly 10, 2012
Pros: lots of fun with clients and their kids!
Cons: horrible management/ corporate level structure and discipline. very low pay grid.
I put in years of work for this company, but as soon as a new manager and district manager started, business started going downhill. I loved my job, but it continually increased in stress just because the manager wanted the rest of us to do all her work for her and come in for her all the time, while refusing to cover anybody else. I hated to leave, but it became a nightmare dealing with management.

Janie and Jack Salaries