Jansport

Jansport Employee Reviews

my 3 year exerience
Production (Former Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, no uniform
Cons: just about everything else
i was there for 3 years, and was making a little under $12. used to get raises but don't anymore because they are participating in an incentive program, but even then it is hard to reach the unrealistic goal that they have set for us. management there sucks, communication there sucks. the supervisors seem to target people, they only see what they want to see and if they don't like you they will pick on you, make rude remarks, and basically just get on your back for everything. used to have random drug tests every now and then but don't anymore - so it seems, so if you would like to pass the interview, that's about the only time you would need to 'get clean'. if you don't like dust, grime, can't work with chemicals, and don't like to get dirty, this is not the job for you. if you don't like to work in teams, definitely not the job for you because you WILL have to work with the laziest people and you WILL have to pick up their slack. provides cross training, where you can learn to do a little bit of everything - which also means that every day when you come into work, you can be put anywhere, to do anything. if you're coming here through a temp agency, you can be fired at any time, but they will most likely call you back when they are really busy and need you again. only decent thing here is probably meeting new people and depending on what your opinion is, i would say the benefits are pretty nice. overall, it is a good job if you're just starting out or looking for a temporary job, but favoritism seems to be a big issue there so you better hope you'll be one of the favorites!
Productive and enjoyable workplace with that plays the radio
Utility Worker (Current Employee), Appleton, WIJuly 10, 2014
Pros: more than one vending machine
Cons: short breaks
- Typical day at work is getting the machines I cover ready to go by first tapping screens and getting inks for the autos.
- For the time I have worked there until today I learned to be a print assistant, Stage, Utility, material handler.
- The management is smooth. There is a meeting every mouth on how the plant is doing on a mouth to mouth basics. We get to know how we do and what we need to improve on and what our goal is suppose to be and how efficient the plant is.
- My fellow Co workers are fun to work with. Everyone seems to have their own ways and styles of working which is interesting because then you can learn the different ways on how to do the job.
- The hardest part about my job is when its gets near the end of the shift and everyone your covering is taking their orders down and you have to clean at a fast pace.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I got my machines ready to go and just keeping their efficiency going good.
extremely hot unsuitable conditions in the summer. High turnover rate, some easy positions and some hard.
quality auditor (Current Employee), Greenville, WIJune 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: heat in summer and low pay without high chance of increasing it.
Stand on your feet all day, some months with nonstop overtime and some with very slow and voluntary lay offs. Learned how to print on shirts and audit quality of products produced according to customer specs. Some departments have good management and others have unfair favoritism issues. Some coworkers are fun and others can be hard to work with. Hardest part of the job probably is the heat in the summer and trying to keep up with the printer at the end of the dryer. Enjoyable part of the day mostly is freedom when needed. Not restricted at all times.
sewed embroidery designs on garments
Embroidery Machine Operator (Former Employee), AppletonJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: over seeing quality products
Cons: too much overtime
worked on a 12 head embroidery machine- sewed quality designs on garments
Everyday you have to deal with a new problem
Printers Assistant (Current Employee), Appleton, WIDecember 14, 2013
Pros: incentive pay
Cons: short breaks, and the new point system hr put in effect
Every morning we come in and figure out what the last shift has left in the printing machine for us to finish. Next we have to find out what is next in dispatch for us to get printed and get out to shipping.
I enjoy this place.
Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Appleton, WIDecember 10, 2013
I really enjoy working here, everybody is very friendly and always willing to help if you have questions.
fast pace work place
Auto/Manual printer, Takeoff (Former Employee), appleton wiOctober 9, 2013
Pros: quick learning
Cons: managment was poor
managment at Jansport was lacking in my eyes. they always pushed to get more done and never congratulated us on any of our good efforts.
Great Place to Work
Printer (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJuly 24, 2013
You go in and learn a lot of new thing while on the job which is really good. the superviser are really helpful when you need help. they are there to help with anything or just to talk to on break
Productive Workplace
Utility (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMay 7, 2013
When you first arrive there, your job is to fill the screens up with ink and fill the other machine's screens with ink. Generally the orders took around an hour for each machine, so when that order was done you would have to clean the screens off as well as the squeegees. I tried helping other machines out when they needed help as well. When all of that was done, I usually would clean the ink buckets up and fold the rags.

One of the main things I learned there was how the clothing there is printed. Essentially you tape the screens to remove stamps and pinholes that were generally on most screens. Then you would fill the screens up with the ink that it says either on the screen or on the paperwork for the order. Next the screens are put into the machine and then printed onto the clothing.
a very good place to work for.
Selector Packer (Former Employee), Everett, WAApril 10, 2013
love the job. bummer they had to relocate to a different state
Fun job
manufactory (Former Employee), Evere, WAJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: being creative
Cons: nothing
I enjoy sewing and it was a good oportunity to meet ladies that share the same fun of doing sewing as a job
Great company especially if you love the outdoors.
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Everett, WANovember 7, 2012
JanSport has a great heritage, great people, and great products.
Good company. It was kind of young when I worked, but was enjoyable.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Appleton, WIOctober 22, 2012
Pros: employees were really appreciated.
Cons: the slow periods.
A typical day was fairly busy, but did have some slow days which we filled with odds and ends.

Hardest part was the slow times.

The most enjoyable was the people I worked with.

Learned mostly other jobs besides accounting, like working in warehouse and the Data processing area,

Management was very good and listen to employees ideas.
Work with peoples and fun
packages (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJune 28, 2012
Cons: two 10 min break
Work as folding shirt and tagging and hanging, enjoy working with people

About Jansport

V.F. Corporation is the name behind the label. Among the world's top jeans makers, it owns a bevy of denim brands: Lee, Riders, – Read more