Janus Capital Group

Janus Capital Group Employer Reviews

Good Medium Sized Company
Security Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches & benefits
Cons: overworked at times
Employees are treated and compensated fairly and Janus has great benefits.
The frosting is pretty the cake tastes awful!!
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, decent benefits
Cons: high stress, what can you do for the company?
Benefits are very good, the lip service is superior, however you will be worked to death. Upper level management is stumbling over themselves. No follow-through, no training, you're on you're own, figure it out and if you don't they'll help you out.
Work at Janus for close to 15 years, outstanding orginization
Account Representative (Former Employee), Denver ColoradoJanuary 24, 2014
Provided exceptional customer service and financial industry education to current and potential clients over the phone and face to face.
Laidback environment to work in
Internal Sales Consultant for Southeast region US (Current Employee), Denver, CoApril 26, 2013
A typical day includes working independently to maintain, enhance and develop new clients and existing clients relationships. I continually promote investment product sales, product performance, new products and market developments through phone calls and frequent client meetings with my external partner. The most enjoyable part of my job is connecting – more... on personal level with financial advisors and developing strong client relationships. – less
Good benefits
Business Solutions Architect (Current Employee), DenverMarch 6, 2013
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: very little room for advancements
Janus has the best benefits in Denver. Starting out at 4 weeks vacation and $120/ month for medical insurance. Management is a different story. The IT track hit a glass ceiling as senior analyst.
It's better than being unemployed.
Trade Operations Representative (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: 15 or 19 vacation days to start. catered lunches
Cons: there isn't enough room to list them all. just stay away.
Consider yourself warned. This company fosters a toxic work environment that is not at all a meritocracy. They will ask you to give 110% of yourself and then ask for more. There is no such thing as a work life balance. This particular department is an HR nightmare. Good old boys club and the female managers and supervisors won't even stand up against – more... it. – less
Productive and challenging environment
SAP Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 16, 2013
Productive and challenging environment. Employees are valued as individuals and allowed to prosper. The IT department also treated you as a valued team member.
Big Headed take your money and your time
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, CoDecember 9, 2012
Pros: corporate
Cons: dictators slanders
This company is one of the stupidest companies I have ever worked for. As one of Denver's worst performing businesses in 2009. Dont' work there if your interested in mutual funds and your own clientelle. I worked as a Data Analyst temporarily for a 6 month contract. At the time I was studying for my series 7 which wasn't even a job prerequisite there, – more... applying for Countrywide and Waddel Reed. I thought I might as well work full time while researching businesses around town. Well, they must of caught wind because one of their managers decided to go through my information and take my information as his own, humliating me with remarks about my personal life and makeing me face that every day! My clients were in "thier" database for me to clean up! There you have it.

No room for promotion at this company. You'll hit the glass ceiling as soon as they take your warm contacts.

I had to walk out the door... when they figured out that I could tell on them. They had security sound an alarm as soon as I was about to email my family what "they" were doing. They also tried intimidateing me with the old man security guard who was just doing his job, when I almost called a lawyer on thier premises. – less

December 21, 2012

I was a contract worker for 1yr 1mo. You start as an NLA1 at $12/hr then move up to NLAII at $13/hr then NLAIII at $14/hr. You are evaluted on calls. Depending on your performance you may get passed over for promotion to the next level. I've met several contract workers who've worked for Janus more than 1yr and haven't been hired permanent. All of the team leads are well to work with; however you'll find the some of the supervisors are pricks.

Glorified sweatshop
Prefer not to say (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 3, 2012
Pros: people are inexplicably impressed when they hear you work here
Cons: everything that janus stands for
Great place to work if you like mandatory 12 hour days 6 days a week being crammed into kennels in an open floor layout where you can hear conversations five rows away. Backstabbing, fear-driven colleagues embody the Janus corporate ethic. But hey the perks are great! -- Two Starbucks within walking distance and for a change of pace there's always Peet's.

Also, – more... not a bad place to work if you don't mind having two bathrooms available per gender, per floor, (lacking any ventilation); given the number of people occupying each floor, the bathrooms get pretty ripe by about 10 am on Monday and grow ever nastier with the demon entrails of soul-possessed corporate drones as the week progresses. Sounds harsh I know, but management is aware of one's concerns and attempts to mitigate the stench of rotting humanity by piping in classical muzak for our listening pleasure!

Working here is to endure the lidless eye of a cold totalitarian state staring at you for 60+ hours a week while you give your life away year after year. And then there's the perks. Two weeks vacation per year -- don't even try to use it or the overtime you earned the other 50 weeks of the year. On the other hand ... holiday parties! Door prizes! Glitter!

For many, the hardships are worth it for the satisfaction of knowing that you are just one small cog in the great wheel of international finance; Janus's brand and your own personal brand merged into one. As Nordies puts it: "You have arrived." Indeed, and Janus, the 2-faced god of past and present will chew your soul up, process it and then spit it back out high above the Rocky Mountains and as you soar, you will wonder where the years and your family went and why did you give so much for so little? But hey it's only a short walk to Whole Foods. Lunch anybody? – less
A lot of opportunities for development were available.
Intermediary Exception Services Representative (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoOctober 10, 2012
The most enjoyable part of working at Janus were the opportunities that I was able to take advantage of through professional development resources that Janus provided. There are a lot of great people there that I worked with. Most notable I had done contract work there and after being away from the company for a year before I was hired, people still – more... remembered me as if I had been gone for a day. – less
Not bad
Retirement Plans Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: people, work, and ammenities
Cons: work, location
This place was great. Had adoption assistance, Starbucks, and lunches brought in.
Great company to work for with a great culture
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 24, 2012
Great company to work for with a great culture. Training is fabulous.

About Janus Capital Group

Named after the Roman god with two faces, Janus Capital Group provides investment management and advisory services for institutional – Read more