JANUS INSTITUTE FOR JUSTICE is an organizational alliance of diverse individuals from various academic, professional and cultural backgrounds committed to the advancement of environmental and social justice through education, advocacy and activism, social media, volunteerism, community outreach and other forms of non-violent, civic engagement.
OFFICIAL TITLE: VOLUNTEER FIELD OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
SHORT TITLE: FIELD OP-CO (FOC)
TYPE: UNPAID, VOLUNTEER
CERTIFIES VOLUNTEER HOURS: YES
TIME COMMITMENT: PART-TIME
DEADLINE TO APPLY: FRIDAY, JANUARY 24, 2014
DESCRIPTION: This is a part-time, unpaid volunteer position. The Volunteer Field Operations Coordinator (aka Field Op-Co) reports directly to the Volunteer Programs & Services Director. He or she works closely with the Director to recruit, select, train and supervise grassroots field volunteers. Field volunteers are individuals or groups dispatched to designated at-risk communities. Their primary mission is to discern and represent the interest of the community. In furtherance of their mission, field volunteers may draft and present community surveys, conduct door-to-door interviews, note environmental hazards and social justice issues, meet with community leaders and suggest strategies for advocacy. The ideal candidate should live in Arkansas, preferably the Central Arkansas - Pulaski County area, and must possess the most, if not all, the experience and qualifications listed below.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report directly to Volunteer Services & Programs Director
- Ability to interpret data & analytics
- Ability to plan & coordinate grassroots field missions
- Coordinate training and orientation for field volunteer
- Schedule, track and supervise field volunteers
- Assess and evaluate field intake program
- Certify volunteer hours; awards
- Research, writing
- Familiarity with internet & social media
- Submit monthly progress report
- Excellent "people" skills
- Strong judge of character
- Grassroots leadership experience
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Experience developing and implementing project plans
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a larger staff team
- Familiar with diverse technologies and software (this is especially important at organizations that use the Internet to recruit and/or communicate with volunteers)
- Ability to connect with diverse types of organizations: schools, businesses, government, faith organizations, etc.
HIGHLY VALUED SKILLS
- Knowledge of volunteer management practices
- Public speaking/Facilitation skills
- Program management
- Supervisory experience
- Bi or Multi-lingual
- Knowledge and/or experience with the organization, its mission, and the cause/issue it is addressing
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST:
1. Upload or your resume/CV below
2. Complete our online application located here: http://bit.ly/14mqSMc (you may need to cut & paste this URL in your browser’s address bar).
3. Promptly respond to communication from Janus
IMPORTANT: The online Janus Volunteer Application is MANDATORY. Applicants who do not complete the online application will not be considered for the position.
Eligible candidates must attend a telephone interview and may be asked to supply further information. Additionally, all new volunteers must complete orientation prior to official appointment and commencement of duties.
© Janus Institute For Justice is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V/SO.