Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry Employee Reviews in United States

Expected more
Certified Diamontologist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 8, 2016
Working here you soon find out that this company doesn't even stick to their own "core values". Everyone is out for themselves and not the customer's agenda. Even management does't care if their employees perform shady deals against other team members because they are only looking at their bottom line. The company makes it nearly impossible to move up or receive raises. Managers are very unprofessional and will give you the bare minimum required hours for employees. They don't care about people, they only care about themselves and that is echoed from the very top. There is a lot of favoritism.
Pros
benefits, employee discounts
Cons
pay, hours, commission, favoritism
Superficially a beautiful place to work
Pandora Ambassador and Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2016
Started out wonderful, offered advancement opportunities in the future.. I was paraded in front of the big wigs to be the upcoming star, until I wasn't the newest show pony. I wasn't trained, and I had no prior jewelry experience so I self taught mostly, but was scolded with small mistakes. I often felt like management cared more about their own success, than your training. Words like "You guys are costing me commission" were commonly thrown in the back room. I had to step away. But my coworkers were the best group of girls I've ever met and i'd do it all again because I made some of the strongest relationships from that experience.
Pros
jewelry discount
Cons
short breaks, work
No room for growth and development. Work you to the max with little compensation.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 20, 2016
I have worked in Jewelry sales for over 6 years and Jareds has the worst company culture I have ever seen. Commission is barely achievable. They make it impossible to make any sort of commission, they will give you the worst hours during the holidays, which is expected in retail but you do not even get bonuses or commission for your hard work. No work/life balance!!! Stay away if possible.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Schedule and commission structure
Nice product to sell
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 18, 2016
Typical day at Jared started out with meetings every morning talking about the store about where the sales were for the store and also talk about upcoming sales or events, then do some phone calls on prospects and future clients, and of course sell through out the day and keeping up on product knowledge.
Pros
Pros would be 40hrs a week with great benefits
Productive Job with multiple tasks
Repair Liaison/Jewelry Specalist (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJune 27, 2016
Very Productive workplace with multiple tasks to keep you busy. Their will always be guest coming in and out to keep your day going, and on slow days your fellow peers will keep you motivated to continue to excel in Jared the Galleria of Jewelry.
Great place to work, great employers and co-workers
Porter (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 15, 2016
-Happy environment and fun place to work
-Learned customer service, how to upkeep a store, and work with others
-Management is very understanding, caring, and passionate about your future.
-Diverse co-workers, kind, and fun people
-Finding something to do sometimes
-Most enjoyable part of the job is working with such great co-workers.
a non interactive environment that focuses only on sales
Sales Representative and Repair Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I would start by vacuuming the store, cleaning all of the glass, setting the merchandise out in the display cabinets, and make calls to customers trying to further sales. The rest of the day was spent stocking the cabinets and helping customers receive the best customer service possible and up-selling.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
strict break times, with penalties; low pay, competitive team, ineffective management.
Boring
sales (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 1, 2016
Besides getting lied to about my hourly pay rate and being full time getting scheduled 15 hours a week, it was a very fun place because who doesn't like convincing men to buying gorgeous pieces for their spouse?

training was very slow, co workers were okay, some can be pretty back stabbing and shady.
Pros
DISCOUNT!!
Cons
hours
Signet Jewelers is a good company but payout is limited
Sales and Acting Timepiece Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 12, 2016
First off, selling bridal jewelry can be the most rewarding job experience one might imagine. There are far more PROs to working for Signet than CONs.

If my wife and I did not need to pay back student loans I would surely stick with this job. I have been here over three years
and it's the best job I have ever had.

Unfortunately, it simply does not pay what my family and I need.
Pros
work alongside the happiest of folks
Cons
work every weekend and many nights away from family; pay is lacking
professional work place
CERTIFIED JEWELRY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 15, 2016
I love the comp.as a whole my particular store has management issues
I love interacting with costumers and being a part of special moments in peoples life
the hardest part of the job happens behind the scenes
Pros
making guest happy
Cons
no management support
productive, enjoyed pleasing and satisfying customers
Repairliazon/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work was adventurous, helping customers find their perfect rings for their big day. Everyday I learned more and more of how to satisfy my customers. By studying my customers I was able to find jewelry which matched their personalities. Management was great, they made it where situations were independent so one could know how to handle any situation. The hardest part of my job was not having certain pieces of merchandise that a customer requests because I feel the customer is disappointed when he or she finds out what they came in for was not available. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers, being able to satisfy them with all of their needs, and seeing them walk away confidently with their merchandise due to my services.
Fun and productive
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 30, 2016
The best part about this job is meeting all sorts of people and helping people make special moments in their lives.

The hardest part about the job is when something bad happens to someone's ring you have to make that phone call to break the bad news. Although accidents do happen and most are understanding.
Professional atmosphere with great co workers and a great oompany
Administrative Support Staff & Repair Shop Liason (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 5, 2015
Checking emails, communicating between all stores and 2 custom casting houses, receiving all shipment, ordering supplies
I have learned a lot about jewelry and running a repair shop.
Management is wonderful best boss ever
Having the third party not make deadline or having errors
I love doing customs and having the ability to create something so special.
Pros
Teamwork, great atmosphere, satisfying guests needs, benefits
Cons
Pay, Both the stores and casting houses misscommunicating
dont work here
Apprentice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLApril 6, 2016
you cant have a life this job Is for some one who doesn't have kids or a family late hours they don't care to give over time and pay you as if you are in high school but expect you to make their business the best don't work here
Review
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2016
I can go on and on, but I prefer not to.
They could employee more experienced people in management, but what they do permit within, which it does not work well because they do not spend enough time to develop the team for management they set them to run out.
Great company!
Repair Liaison (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 7, 2016
They have a strong promote from within dynamic. Great team atmosphere! They have wonderful training programs to ensure all team members are knowledgeable in their positions.
Pros
Team based environment
Was very team based
Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 19, 2016
It is a great place to work for but there isn't a way to move up or advance your career. But team based company which is awesome.
Pros
Easy enviorment
Cons
Poor commision pay
Productive place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 1, 2016
I learned a lot about different selling systems. The company has an on going training program. Several meetings and continued to keep employees informed.
Pros
training for the future
sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 20, 2016
Location is huge issue but you better learn how to clientele. Being a corporation, a lot of things change constantly and you have to keep up.
Pros
You get to wear a suit
Cons
Micromanaging
Diversity and opportunity for growth
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2016
This is a very diverse place to work and has a lot of room for growth with the company. I'm just looking for something different.