Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry Employee Reviews

Wonderful theory of Guest Benefit
Jewelry Specialist Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
The Mission Statement and environment with this company is stellar in the industry. They truly put their guests first. I sincerely appreciate that the company strives to improve methods and procedures to ensure that every guests' experience is exceptional.

Of course, for the team members, this is a retail sales environment and - at times - struggling to achieve "6 of 6 standards" - can be overwhelming and frustrating.

The company recently restructured the bonus program - taking some value away from their employees. This, I feel, has now conditioned some of the team members to not try so hard.... "why should I.... now I'm only getting a half of a percent but I'm still making the company money" type of attitude. This leads to negative team atmospheres and a "disjoint" in once was a great company.
Pros
great environment, comfortable, nice discounts
Cons
new bonus structure and reduction in force
Great Company!
Third Key Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 12, 2017
This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for! The benefits are great and the atmosphere is one of respect and learning. There is room for advancement and growth.
Pros
Employee Discounts, Health Ins., 401K, Advancement
Cons
May have to work on some holidays
I felt important working there
Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 1, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working for Jared was meeting new people and connecting with them. The Store Manager and assistant manager were wonderful very helpful and caring.
Pros
I got to work with jewelry all day
Cons
not busy enough
Love this job
Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2017
I love working at Jared, the management is great and we really focus on making the company great. We all work really hard and get rewarded for doing so.
Pros
Small bonus Checks once a month, and benefits
Cons
Work late hours, don't get to spend much time with family
its all about teamwork in this sales environment
Inventory Control Specialist/ Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 29, 2017
This fast pace environment is all about making your goals and retaining clientele. With the right team of people, your commission can be substantial.
Pros
great management
Cons
long hours over the peak seasons
Never happy
Diamond Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2017
No matter how good you are, its not good enough, They're always looking for what they don't have instead of promoting from within. Let awesome people walk away because they just don't care
high pressure selling
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIMarch 24, 2017
Selling system used involves continually turn over customer to different sales associates. Company had good sales trainning program with role playing.
Excellet work ethics and expectations are high.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2017
Typical jewelry store enviroment. Hourly and comission. Team work is REQUIRED. Turnover sales are a must. Help comes from everywhere and they really want you to succed.
Pros
Lots of information and systems available to you to be able to make a sale.
Cons
Pressure enviroment to open credit for clients.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job at Jared the galleria of jewelry is that everyone is so friendly and they are willing to help teach you. if your confused or don't know what to say or how to help a guest someone is always there willing to help.
Pros
wonderful work environment
Cons
rude customers
Fun Place to Work
Repair Liaison and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23452March 13, 2017
Management trains staff well. Management really cares about the people. Fast pace during the holidays makes shifts go by much faster. Culture with employees and management good.
Nice coworkers
Inventory coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 10, 2017
Had a good work life balance. Made some good friends working in the store.. Overall I loved what I did and the people I was able to help were a lot of fun. Just wish management was better.
Work/Life Balance Does Not EXIST
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 8, 2017
If you're looking for a work/life balance, then DO NOT work for Jared, especially during the holidays. Compensation and Benefits can be good; you'll need to work hard.
Each store has different management; like with any retail, some managers are good, some are the best, and some are sub-par and then there are the worst. And sometimes it takes time for the ice to melt, if you know what I mean. Not every manager is what he/she seems.
Enjoyable work place, poor job security
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2017
I learned a lot from working at Jared; it was my first experience working in jewelry sales, so I had a LOT to learn. The people I worked with/for were very easy to get along with. Sales goals were very high, and unfortunately being a beginner in the jewelry sales business makes it difficult to achieve these goals (especially since those of us newbies were not allowed to sell higher-priced merchandise). I was let go without warning or chance to improve my numbers. Work/life balance was also a difficult aspect of the job since there was no set schedule.
Pros
unique training classes and fun work environment
Cons
politics, job security, management
Very professional, taught me AMAZING customer service skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 6, 2017
The work environment was professional and trains you to handle all kinds of customers in a calm professional manner. The pay was really good and most of my team was amazing.
Pros
Good breaks, Good pay, Reasonable hours
Cons
Some of the management was off
you get what you put into the job
Diamond sales associate/ Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHMarch 4, 2017
A high pressure sales environment. Jared taught me very valuable lesson, such as the art of selling in pressure situations, dealing with a very wide range of customers, with countless custom and unique request. Commission incentive with base pay so you get what you put into the job. I did very well staying above my six points of sales quotas. Great place to start a career
Competitive Sales Enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 26, 2017
If you make friends with those you work with, Jared can be a very enjoyable job. However, there are very high sales expectations.
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
Very high sales expectations
Awesome Job
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2017
Great work experience ever. I truly enjoyed working for this company and all the benefits they offer with health, commission and sales. They have a great culture and pushes that culture to be expressed daily with employees and customers.
Pros
Branded name that you recognise
Cons
work life balance during November until December
Fun environment, supportive management, little job security.
Diamond sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 22, 2017
I've worked in jewelry sales for about 5 to 6 years now. Jared was by far the best environment I've been in, much better than their sister store Kay's and better than Littmans jewelres as well! The goals were a bit out of reach given the economy's circumstances right now, and if I didn't reach all of my 6 goals set by the company I felt very uneasy about the security of my position. I was very worried I would be let go do to it. Commission was awful , basically an additional 100 bucks a month.
My managers were amazing, great support system as well as encouragement on their end to Push myself into reaching higher positions within the company!
Plenty of training, if you take the initiative to learn you will succeed, it won't be handed to you.
Pros
Good base pay, flexibility, fun training and incentives
Cons
Poor commission rate, extremely high sales standards
Great training & opportunities to grow with the company.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLFebruary 17, 2017
There is lots to learn, but they give you all the tools you need to feel confident in your work. The company encourages you to move up. It also teaches you that you have to take initiative and push yourself if you want to be successful.
Pros
Great training!
Cons
High stress over meeting corporate standards.
Downhill fast
Inventory Manager/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 15, 2017
It's sad how the new "chosen" management doesn't know what they are doing and the associates are left to pick up the pieces. It was once a joyous place that you had the pleasure of going to-now not so much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry. Our community is ready to answer.

Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry Reviews by Location