Jason's Deli Employee Reviews in United States

Cashier
Cashier, Customer service, and stocking (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2016
I would handle money. I learned how to communicate with people while doing my job. I had to be quick to take orders and be friendly. the best part of the job is knowing that people were happy with my service and making friends with the customers
Pros
get to know new person
Cons
sometimes got slow
Horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MDAugust 16, 2016
Never home, employees were not treated well. Upper managers had there own agenda and did whatever they wanted. Corporate did not care if complaints were made and no actions were taken on certain issues.
Pros
Cons
Anything you can yhink off
My Job Is Great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 7, 2016
I like working for Jason's Deli I have some wonderful co-workers we work as a team when one of us is busy the other one fills in and help out. Management is really good they work with your schedule especially with the employees that are still in school. I have learned more patience's, customer service skills. the hardest part of the job is making sure everything is correct and the most enjoyable part is when i get a guest that is not to happy and can turn there day around or when my co- workers are down and I can cheer them up I love meeting new people and talking to them.
Pros
Meeting new people, 50% off my food
Cons
Hours
overall an okay place to work but could use improvement.
Cashier/Runner (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 6, 2016
Crew members are usually very easy to work with and will help you when they can, but the managers are understaffed and over worked (therefore making them more stressed and a bit more snappy towards the workers, making us feel less appreciated).
Pros
50% off of one meal when working, 25% off of whole ticket when off
Cons
no scheduled breaks, only one shirt, apron and hat are given when you start
Fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 2, 2016
Free lunches and good people to work with. Most managers try and make it a fun place to work. The only down side is that they don't pay that much.
Very hard place to work.
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2016
The hours took a very big toll on me. Upper Management was not very good. It is a good Job to have right out of Collage. But you do learn a whole lot.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Hours
Good
Food Runner/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 1, 2016
Jason's Deli was the most horrendous place I have ever worked out Not only was the staff not clean on a daily basis I also-old food to serve to the customers
Wonderful Managment
Delco Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28269July 22, 2016
Great employee relationships, effective communication and work environment. Outstanding customer service and operation skills. Magnificent survey reviews on myself as well as other employees. The hardest part of the job would be closing, and the most enjoyable would be interacting with customers.
Pros
Survey review rewards, recognition of customer service skills.
Cons
Low compensation
Great place to work fun enviorment
Line Cook/Prep Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 19, 2016
I had fun at the job had great people to work with I just hated that they took advantage of my schedule when I told them I needed it a certain way just cause how good of a worker I was
Pros
everything
Cons
changing my schedule without informing me
Great place to work, just not managed by the best
Delco/order taker/salad bar/end (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 16, 2016
Learned a lot while working here, like how to do a lot of things more effectively. They are a pretty busy place to work for, but if you have a good group working that particular day, it should go by smoothly. I liked how all the employees treated one another, the managers weren't really all that great. Some would take really long smoke breaks, or not be understanding to personal life problems.
Pros
free food, family fund to help employees in need
Cons
management
every day is different
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2016
I enjoyed the fast pace. The managers were very supportive of all of the students that worked for them. The customers were memorable.
fun place
Delivery driver/Key employee (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 8, 2016
fun place to work for younger individuals not too great a place to come in later in life and try to make a living with. very good sandwiches though
work
Salad Bar (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2016
A typical day of work for me was maintaining the salad bar and drinks station and making sure that there was enough back-ups for the morning and make sure the salad bar stayed cleaned and make sure that the tea would last through the night.
Pros
I got to talk with people
Cons
I don't get a lot of hours
productive and great place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 5, 2016
its an all around great company productive and great place to work. everyone gets along and helps one another. management is very understanding
productive but slow paced not much fun
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2016
All ways keeping busy and always something to do. Participate in quarterly reviews and provide constructive feedback to motivate improved performance.Anticipate and effectively solve problems concerning customer incidents. Management is a little lackluster in communication and culture. All coworkers have very distinct and great personalities. You work on cleaning most of the day is just a con of the work. If you work hard enough you get paid vacation
Pros
paid vacations, healthcare
Cons
over workered or under worked
Awesome Work environment.
Cashier/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 25, 2016
A normal day of work is usually focused around preparing for the lunch rush and dinner rush. Stocking in the morning and cleaning until around 11:30 (varies per day) then its all about presentation and customer service. The staff and management is well organised and runs well under stressful conditions. The Hardest thing you'll have to do is basic customer service and smiling, But its all ways great that you can make someone smile just because you helped them out.
Pros
50% Discount while working
Cons
No Benefits until a year of work with 32/hr avg. over the year
a great fast paced workplace with great multitasking and customer service training
Store Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 21, 2016
Other than above, my only issue was not being able to grow with the company. I felt that I have earned my respect and worked very hard for great reviews and even better customer survey scores. I had a voice there of leadership and I just wasn't given any opportunity to move forward and grow. Nevertheless, it was a great experience to learn and give great customer service and make our guests happy. I have learned many new skills involving running a business and employee training and I felt that I connected well with our team learning and teaching new positions throughout the store.
Pros
Free Meals, four 10 hour shifts a week.
Cons
short breaks (if any) multitaksing can lead to failure and customer dissatisfaction very easily.
Friendly Staff, but not much room to grow.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 18, 2016
The management is great, and the staff are very friendly and personable, but the company does not provide enough room to grow if you're looking for a career, unless you have a college degree, or are willing to wait years for any real advancement. This is not the fault of the managers, but the company itself. Unless you have restaurant management experience, it will take a long time to prove you are a good enough leader to be promoted to a position of any real responsibility.
Salad bar attendant
Salad Bar/ Drink Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2016
The company itself is pretty good. After a yr of working full time you are eligible for a week vacation and they are closed for the holidays :). The store itself is not great. Management is not good. They pick and choose as if they are scared to tell other employees to work. They make the hardest worker work more than what they need to. They can never keep and employee and the ones they have majority do not even work and get away with it. Its just too crazy. The managers do not want to do their job and manage not they are suppose to. No one is cross trained. As for training there is none you has to learn by yourself take training pamphlets home and learn off the clock what you need to learn. The managers do not help only when the big bosses are a around. I can only tell what ive experienced not sure for the rest of the.
stressful work
Assistant Manager/Traveling trainer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2016
long hours, little pay, employees were the best part, deli cleanliness was not up to par, employee turn over was too much