Jason's Deli Employee Reviews

Love jason's deli
Lead Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 21, 2017
I love working at Jason's Deli. Good benefits, pay and the management team is awesome. Delivering is easy and the money is good. Great place to work.
Great people
Dilivery driver (Former Employee) –  Englewood, coJune 20, 2017
I have no complaints about this company, they treated me well and we very understanding when I have to leave for medical issue. The hours are good and shifts flexible!
Fun place to work for a high schooler
Catering Coordinator/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 16, 2017
It worked as my first job but not great if you're looking for it to be more than for paying the bills. Pay is okay but it just depends on if the food business is for you.
Pros
Easy and flexible
Cons
Childish
Catering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 15, 2017
its a good plaace to work very fast paced. Good environment fun atmosphere. It gets stressful at times but its worth it. They also serve excellent food
Productive and fun work environment.
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 14, 2017
This is a really fun place to work, they always try and make everyone feel equal. If there is a problem you can always count on the management to take care of anything.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Productive workplace with flawed strategy and lacked motivation
DISHWASHER AND LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 13, 2017
Although Jason's Deli was a tough place to work as a teen, I did learn a lot about how to operate a restaurant. The average day at work would be busy with customers during lunch and dinner, and then a lot of prep and cleaning in between. On a busy day it was difficult to communicate thoroughly with my coworkers without any bitterness involved. I constantly found myself pointing out others' mistakes and trying to help my coworkers do better, but all I would get in return is backlash and aggression. Jason's Deli is a chain restaurant that follows a lot of 70's New Orleans tradition, such as muffalettas. The food discounts were nice but I feel like the employees there deserved it free (especially with their overpriced food and the ridiculous amount of tips the managers/drivers made).
It is an interesting place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2017
A typical day at work for me is taking orders, to busing tables, to cleaning spills, really anything that needs to be taken care of I do. I learned how hard working really can be and I appreciate the opportunity I was given to work at this establishment but now I'm looking to expand and add to my skills. The staff is all very friendly and the customers are as well, besides a few bumps here and there I would say I have enjoyed my time there. The hardest part of the job would definitely be finding things to do before a rush or when your area is stocked and taken care of. There is always something to do it's just that it becomes busy work. The most enjoyable part of my day is talking to my regulars, you grow a fondness for people you see all the time, you trade stories, ask how each others lives are going, it's a small part of my bad but none the less one I enjoy.
Pros
50% discount, great managers and co-workers, great customers.
Cons
Breaks irregular, stretches of inactivity, scheduling issues.
It is a job that you can keep with minor effort
Cashier/A.M.Catering Specialties (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2017
Will hire fast, may not completely train you but will get decent hours in the beginning while they are short staffed...but not many avenues for advancement
Pros
50% off food for work. No DT
Cons
absent management
Discount on food. Whats better than that?
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCJune 8, 2017
Good place to work, friendly environment. Very easy to get a promotion. If you like 50% discounts on really good food then you need to apply at Jasons Deli.
Productive ans fun place to work
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 8, 2017
You always have something to do,never a dull moment there.So that means tour time there is fast and adventuress. Always getting to know new people everyday.
Pros
You can move up in the company.
Cons
Alot of work to get done in little time.
Production and caring
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 8, 2017
I work here as a cashier it is a great place to start off with your first job. Workers treat you like family. They manger like to have the employees opinion on everything they do.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
When it get slow
hard working
Manager/ FOH/BOH (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 7, 2017
Fun work enviroment when employees come together and make it fun instead of a boring day with attitudes.. A typical day at work includes getting your job don at a timely manner and being productive .Most of our employees get along and hang out after work. The hardest art of the job is picking up others peoples slack when we have no call no shows or people calling out.I enjoy working with my fellow piers and make for the best day possible with them.
Great Culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 4, 2017
The advancement rate is slow and the pay scale does not reflect the work that is completed. Despite this, the company has a phenomenal culture where you are truly given opportunities to grow personally. The growth in general is slow due to it being a privately held company. Christian owners that mostly walk-the-talk.
Pros
Culture, Healthy, Hours
Cons
Growth, Salary
Good people and good environment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 4, 2017
Through 3 total years of working as a driver, I have had few and far between actual issues to complain about with my coworkers and managers. The hours are what I wanted, the people are friendly and fun, and the management is not afraid to have fun when the time is right.

Typically the only stressful times in a day are the few hours over lunch rush, and that's when things could get frustrating, but everyone works together well to get the job done.
Pros
Half price food, good coworkers/management, flexible hours
Cons
Slow months for drivers
Typical restaurant fast casual deli concept badly managed.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2017
Typical restaurant fast casual deli concept badly managed. The menu is to large and idea's from within the company, posted to the "idea garden" on the company website are given little consideration. As a manager you are often required to actually fill positions instead of managing. The bonus program is only offered to the GM and 1'st Assistant Manager and due to menu size and company policy, the workload to compensation ratio is far worse than average.
Entry Level job with above average expectations
Closing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 2, 2017
Overall not a bad place to work, depending on various circumstances you would be required to do extra work. It is a step up from a McDonald or traditional fast food restaurant. Enjoyable part would be meeting new people every day and getting the chance to interact with them.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
must work 1 full year to start qualifing for any benefits
fun place to work
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 2, 2017
working there was great the pay was ok and the hours weren't that bad the food was good and the responsibilities were reasonable as along as you did your job you were going to be good
Jason Deli
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
Would love the place if it wasn't a Hugh language barrier. The most difficult part about the job was trying to understand or give directions because of the barrier.
Easy
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 31, 2017
This is a pretty simple job as long as you can remember the builds of food items and are quick with your hands. The problem with this job is that you are not guaranteed any advancement without working yourself into the ground.
Can be a great place to work
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
Jason's Deli really is a great place to work for, however bad management has left a sour taste in my mouth. They care more about earning a performance bonus than "making every customer happy". It's a sad day when your integrity out weighs that of the person whose name is on the door.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jason's Deli. Our community is ready to answer.