Jason's deli

Jason's deli Employer Reviews

Happy people to work with.
Cashier/Driver/Order Taker (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 6, 2014
Pros: split shifts
Cons: no job security or growth.
Provide excellent customer services to guests. Answer phones by second ring. Prep food.
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXNovember 3, 2014
loved my co-workers and loved the customers. i was not able to get many hours and had no benefits.
Fun place to work!
Manager and Traveling Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 28, 2014
I worked at Jason's Deli during college. I had a great time working there not sure if I would work there in my post college career. I learned the basics of restaurant management.
Face Pace Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2014
Pros: create frienships with customers
Cons: short breaks
Help out customers.Help them figure out what they would like to eat. I would take catering orders and delivery orders. If the registers are cover then I would ask a manager if they needed anything done. If it got slow then I would restock the back area to make sure the next crew had everything they needed. The hardest part was how crowded it would get behind the counters.
Great Start into learning the workings of Customer Service
Front End Associate and Lead Shift Line Cook (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great food, very nice discount
Cons: little to no advancement
Jason's Deli is an amazing place to being one's career. They teach you the finer points of food service and customer service. Each day at work is a new opportunity to build worthwhile relationships in and outside of work. Managers are all positive and helpful when needed.
Could have been more friendly
Food Service (Former Employee), Evansville, INOctober 16, 2014
This was a good fit as far as my personality with the customers.
The staff is very friendly and customers are treated as royalty. The managers are helpful, but some are much more helpful then others.
Cashier (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILOctober 15, 2014
Pros: half price lunch when you work on that day.
Cons: no health coverage, weird hours.
A typical day is setting up my work station, fill cookies as needed, clean the sneeze guard, work cash register, bus when needed, sweep floor when needed, place cakes/pies in container and label it.

I learned how to work the cash register and how to cut/shred cheese on a machine.

Managers are cool but they could work on scheduling.

Dealing with obscene customers.

Making customers happy.
Productive and fun workplace
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 14, 2014
Pros: reduced prices on employee meals, great co-workers and management, tips
Cons: no pay for gas/mileage/reapairs as delivery driver
Typically I would go in to work and perform any back of house duties as assigned by management, possibly help with bussing tables or delivering food to customers in restaurant untill asked to drive delivery orders which could be called in at any time. Driving deliveries and possibly making tips was definitely the best part of the job, nothing about this job was hard but the least enjoyable part was cleaning the floors in the back of the house daily.
Fun and Friendly
Hostess (Former Employee), Tyler, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: fast-paced
Cons: ex-boyfriend
Every day at work here was a blast, I absolutely loved this environment. It was fast paced, rarely a dull moment, and interesting working there every day. Downfall, working with a previous partner in a relationship despite attempting to keep the end of the relationship out of the working environment, it seemed to get brought up in some way or another.
Very fast-paced lunch shift
Cashier (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 5, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: no breaks
Very constant and fast-paced environment,work the lunch shift,part-time.Counted monies in cash register,re-stocked breads,cakes,pies,cookies,drinks,cleaned.Set up display cases.Greet guests,take orders,answer phones.Most enjoy customer interaction.
Fast paced workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Dublin, OHOctober 2, 2014
Pros: half price lunch, hour long breaks
Cons: very busy days, stressful, long periods of down time, short shifts
A typical day at Jason's Deli started at 10 am and normally lasted till 3 or 4 pm. At around noon, we would start to get very busy most days, usually with a line to the door. It was set up so that customers walked up to the counter, placed their order which had to be written on a ticket, and then I would pass the ticket down the line and yell "Order in!" and the people on the line would look at the ticket and begin making any and all food that was ordered. The customer would then walk down the aisle parallel to the line until they got to the register. After about 7 minutes, the food would be ready and someone would have to run the food out to the customer. There was also bussing of tables that needed to be done when customers left or were done with their food. The hardest part of this job was being required to switch between any of these positions at any given time for any reason as fast as possible. I definitely learned some higher level multitasking and also how to transition between different duties very quickly. Management was wonderful and always liked having me around. My co-workers were usually fine although there were some isolated incidents with certain people. The most enjoyable part of this job would definitely be the challenge of learning new things and trying to become proficient in them.
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee), McAllen, TXOctober 2, 2014
Great environment, awesome place to work while going to college.
Great job for high school students
Cashier (Former Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 1, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: unprofessional
Not ideal for a providing adult. Management is not as friendly as they appear and not exactly professional as they should be.
Most positive workplace I have been in.
Lead Driver (Current Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: high quality food and high standards of operation.
Cons: raises based on learning new positions rather than time employed, so pay can stagnate.
The best part of this job is that I am proud to work there. Since I set the place up, serve the food, and clean up after, it's "my house!". It is not a McJob, because the company is growing and looking for employees to grow into managers.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Edina, MNSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: 50% off on food.
Cons: short breaks, small pay.
On a typical day I would open a register and clean up the area I was working in. I greeted customers and made them feel very welcomed from the moment the walked in, until they left. With time, I overcame the busy hours of the restaurant and learned how to be efficient. The management was helpful, although I feel they can up their game by making sure all the customers are satisfied as well as making sure the workers are keeping up. I loved to talk with the customers as I was typing in their orders; making people laugh and smile makes me feel so good. Anything that I felt was a bit hard at first really worked its way out once I got more experience.
Productive and fun work place
Team Member (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 15, 2014
Excellent place to work for a little extra money. Short hours and excellent management
great first job
ASSISSTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Tampa, flSeptember 14, 2014
great first job or job for someone in school. they aren't very generous with hours.
Loved the environment, but no room for growth
Prep/ Dishwasher/ Bus (Former Employee), Baytown, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: stayed busy, breaks, customers
Cons: no raise, not enough hours
Fast paced, job kept me motivated and busy, my coworkers were easy to work with and I didn't have issues with my managers, loved working with the public
Great company
Catering Coordinator/ Driver (Former Employee), AthensSeptember 5, 2014
loved my time here. They really take care of their employees
Very Nice People
Salad Bar Attendant/Line Worker (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 3, 2014
The co-workers and customers are the best part of this job. Everyone is very friendly and so helpful. The store is on the campus so it is steady so there is always things to do to stay busy.

About Jason's deli

This company knows a good sandwich when serves one. Deli Management operates Jason's Deli, a chain of sandwich shops with more – Read more

Jason's deli Photos