Jason's deli

Jason's deli Employee Reviews

Not a bad job, especially for a college student.
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 7, 2014
Jason's Deli provides a flexible work schedule, which is great for college students. Difficult to get full-time hours. Pay is not great, unless you work there for several years. Even an experienced restaurant worker would not start at more than $8.00/hr. Learning/ picking up on Spanish helps with getting along and communicating with co-workers, as it is a somewhat bilingual work environment. Management at my particular store is revolving, as it acts a training store for Jason's Deli managers. The hardest part of the job is the fast pace. Most enjoyable part is selling high-quality food in a casual setting, in a world where these two aspects rarely intersect with each other.
Pros
flexible schedule, short shifts, evaluations every 6 months
Cons
low pay, little to no benefits, no free meals for employees
Great place for supplemental work.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2014
Jason's is a great place to work. Most of the workers are friendly and easy going. Its a stable job for college students who need a steady source of income. Management understands the tolls of college and is willing to work around one's school schedule to make sure they have time for school and schoolwork. Work at Jason's is very methodical, and thus very simple to perform efficiently once one has an understanding of the steps or ways to go about performing their duties (whether they make food, manage the salad bar, or otherwise). Management is generally easy going. The GM at my Deli is flexible and understandable. I've learned a lot about customer care and operations within a deli, including stocking and the care of perishable goods.
Pros
50% off food, free drinks, flexible scheduling, overall job security
Cons
no 'full time' (thus no benefits) for non-management, low wage when compared to full time positions
Productive and creative environment!
business development (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2015
Whether it is an early morning shift or closing down the store everyone maintains a positive attitude! The environment is incredibly fast-paced and there is always a way to occupy your time. Whether out of the store delivering orders or in store taking orders I learned how to communicate effectively and manage my time wisely as to keep the customer and flow of work efficient. Management participated with the staff and worked hard together. The hardest part of the job would have to be carrying the larger orders out by myself but it also taught me how to think creatively to use my strength and brain to my advantage. I enjoyed traveling throughout Austin as I was not only able to represent Jason's Deli but, to meet different types of customers and work with them to make them happy.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
long shifts
Great people, great food
Front of House Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work for a front of house worker includes taking orders from walk-in, to-go, and drive-thru customers or over the phone orders and bagging up to-go orders. Then, during slow times, you re-stock, clean areas, prep for catering orders, such as getting dressings, making dessert trays or other foods items that don't need to be made the day of, or gathering napkins, utensils, etc. for baglists for these orders.
A typical day for the cash register/ floor person includes ringing up customers, pre-bussing tables, bussing tables, sweeping, and running food out to customers. Also, this includes cleaning, re-stocking, etc., during slow periods.

All-in-all, if food service and making customers happy is your thing, this is a nice place to work!
Pros
half-price meals
Cons
no breaks, unless you work a double (morning and evening)
at Jasons
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDFebruary 2, 2016
working there was fine, i would clock in for work, say hi to my managers, they were always nice and kind, but strict when things needed to get done, which i understand from a standard point of view in the business field.
im an outgoing person so my relationship with my co workers was great, never had any type of confrontation with anybody.
the hardest part of my job was, when the store had a really long line for costumers, and keeping them all happy was a challenge because we all know costumers dont like to wait, but i did my best.
the great part of working there is that i made really good friends.
Pros
50 percent off per meal was awesome
Cons
short brakes
Typical
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  RDU Airport of north carolinaFebruary 1, 2015
A Overall day at work was a hassile.The only good thing about it was the pay rate.I learned a little about how to stock and prep everything else was stuff I already knew how to do.My management was unprossional along with my co-workers,All they knew was playing and goofing off.Sandwiches was made wrong an would take forever to make another even ignored other customers.In My eyes I really didn't have a hard part but honestly dealing with my crew and there childishness.The best would be seeing the smiles on my customers face as I meet & greet them. Making sure there satisfied with there order before they boarded there plane
Pros
half off on lunch
Cons
breaks were short due to constant customers coming in
Productive work enviroment with great people
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALJune 10, 2014
I enjoyed my job at Jason's Deli immensely. The work wasn't too hard and it was never more than I could handle. I got along really with my coworkers and managers. It was my first official paying job and learned how to interact with people on a much more professional level. The management was very friendly and they were always there when I needed them for something or willing to offer their advice and help when needed. My coworkers were all really great people and together we were able to create a safe, stable working environment for everyone. The hardest part of the job were the hours and standing on my feet for so long. The most enjoyable part of my daily job was eating a discounted lunch and seeing my coworkers.
Pros
food at discounted prices
Cons
short breaks, unbalanced scheduling, not enough hours
Would love this job back!
Cashier, Waitress and Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 19, 2012
On a typical day, I would come in about 6am and set up the salad bar and drink stations; this included baking muffins and preparing certain recepies for the salad bar. After the store opened for business hours, I would run the cash register to total up the customers tickets. At the end of the business day, I would break down, clean and sanitize the drink station and salad bar areas. I would also prepare things for the opening shift. I loved the people that I worked with. The managers always gave me a reason to come into work. If I had a problem with anything, I would let them know and they would work with me to see if we could do something about it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the long days i would work. I would typically work 12-16 hour days.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 20, 2014
On a typical day I would open a register and clean up the area I was working in. I greeted customers and made them feel very welcomed from the moment the walked in, until they left. With time, I overcame the busy hours of the restaurant and learned how to be efficient. The management was helpful, although I feel they can up their game by making sure all the customers are satisfied as well as making sure the workers are keeping up. I loved to talk with the customers as I was typing in their orders; making people laugh and smile makes me feel so good. Anything that I felt was a bit hard at first really worked its way out once I got more experience.
Pros
50% off on food.
Cons
short breaks, small pay.
Fast paced friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 6, 2015
Typical day at work is a fast paced lunch and dinner rush, with dead time before and after. Working there isn't hard work it's just a lot of work, with lots of multi-tasking. Patience is a virtue and you'll need it to work there. Evaluations, which could lead to more pay are not kept up with and never a priority.
The people you work with however are awesome and like any other place you have your rotten lazy apples but there are gems there too. The Manager who used to run the show once told me "The good ones never last" and after working there for some time he was soooo right.
Pros
Free meals, free uniforms, flexible with schedules.
Cons
Inexperienced childish mgt.
Bland and unexciting
Sever/Cook (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 25, 2014
A typical day at work starts off with me taking orders for those who are in need of food. I have two different positions as of now, that being line cook and order-taker/server. In my 5 1/2 years at Jason's I have learned how to communicate with others and have learned to love it. It is nice to make other people happy and not just be ignored. Co-workers all usually work together in harmony, but when management becomes too harsh people quit. Management is very disorganized at Jason's. Most enjoyable part about my job is the regular customers I serve and also the pay.
Pros
free food, paid vacation
Cons
terrible management, short staff
First job, learned excellent working skills. Nice environement
STUDENT EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 1, 2013
•Serve customers in eating places that specialize in fast service and inexpensive carry-out food.
•Accept payment from customers, and make change as necessary.
•Request and record customer orders, and compute bills using cash registers, multicounting machines, or pencil and paper.
•Clean and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
•Notify kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
•Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints.
•Prepare daily food items, and cook simple foods and beverages, such as sandwiches, salads, soups or coffee using proper safety precautions and sanitary measures.
•Select food items from serving or storage areas and place them in dishes, on serving trays, or in takeout bags.
•Relay food orders to cooks.
Southern Management Culture in the North
Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 1, 2013
I had fun with this company, for a long time. Not that three years is a terribly long time, but with 12 hour days, it felt like a long time. The company has some great values and that translates well to the customer side of the table. However, southern management has no place in the north. I was repeatably talked down to, told that problems out side my control were my fault, yelled at for the shortcomings of the other managers and denied time with my family. All the managers are constantly vying with each other for top dog position. This was encouraged in so far as it was not discouraged. This company has a long way to go in the field of forming teams with its' management staff.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long days, high stress, low pay.
Great coworkers and fun environment to work in overall.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 17, 2015
The usual day really isn't that overwhelming, if my preferred team is there, we usually get through the day. We manage to please the guest, stay stocked up, keep our areas clean and have fun all in one. Our managers try their best to help us some are better than others, but they all try. The hardest part of my job is dealing with people who DON'T want to work, it's frustrating and makes the day a little longer when it does not have to be. Overall I enjoy this job and my working team; everyday is a good day once the rush is taken care of.
Pros
Great group of girls I work with
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive and Fun Workplace with lots of friendly costumers and co-workers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 26, 2014
I enjoyed working at Jason's Deli. My typical day at work was taking delivery orders over the phone and/or printing out online orders and making sure everything was bagged correctly. I then would deliver the food to the costumer and take their form of payment. I learned how to run a cash register and take orders at a restaurant. I had really friendly and easy going co-workers that made each work day fun! Management was also really nice and they tried their very best to make sure you were getting along with everyone and with your duties. The hardest part of the job was delivering to rude costumers. What I enjoyed most was getting to know each costumer and building relationships with them and with my co-workers.
Typical Day at Micheals
Cashier, Delivery, and Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Layton, Salt Lake City , UT.August 19, 2012
My days at Micheals included basic supervisory skills, clocked in, went to the office got the registers all ready for the day including turning on the register pulling out the cash drawers from the night before counting each to make sure they were at the amount needed to open and make sure there was no money missing, assign registers to certain cashiers, then onto stocking the store, unloading the truck when it came putting the right boxes in the area's designated, I was the front end supervisor so I was in charge of all cashiers, their training, breaks, scheduling, etc.
Pros
recieved the hours promised
Cons
no benefits, or advancement opportunities.
great place to eat
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 25, 2013
customers can come in and feel welcomed. they don't have to worry about waiting so long for their foo arrive. it will be at their table before they even know it. managers there are great. they try and make sure things are good to go for the rest of the day or even for the next shift of tomorrow. sometimes even go out their way for others to get it all done . I cant find out what's to hard about the job, except trying to get the sandwich's done right. the most enjoyable part of my job is trying my hardest and showing the customers enough respect of getting a great tip.
Pros
free lunch during a double
Cons
short breaks
Jason's Deli was a great first job
Salad Bar/Orders (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 22, 2013
A typical work day would consist of me stocking, refilling, cleaning the salad bar, and taking temperatures of all the foods to make sure they wouldn't spoil. I would also have to run people their orders. At times I would have to take on three or more tasks at a time. I learned how to multitask, how to be patient with the customer, and great customer service. The managers were nice, but never stayed true to their word. The hardest thing about this job was probably learning all the different foods and getting them right when serving the customers. The most enjoyable part about working at Jason's Deli was the experience of working with other people and making new friends.
workplace with unfair/ unreasonable catering manager
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 15, 2015
A typical day at Jasons' Deli includes me arriving around 9 AM. The catering manager then gives me a list of deliveries and times to take that day and I begin organizing the food and drinks accordingly. I really like all of my co-workers, just not one of my managers who treats her two drivers unfairly. There is nothing difficult about the job and the most enjoyable part is being able to leave each day with cash in hand from tips earned.
Pros
50% off lunch, very flexible with school scchedule
Cons
Talked down to. Certain manager is very degrading and rude.
Enjoyable place to work, management is very helpful, and co-workers are friendly
Catering Assistant/ Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXAugust 8, 2012
Typically a work day at Jasons Deli is enjoyable. I have learned a better work ethic, and how to work better with others. The management at Jasons Deli has gotten a lot better, we had some change in management for the better. The people i work with are very nice and helpful. The hardest part of my job is when we get relatively busy,only because it gets a little stressful, but i am able to maintain my composure because i handle stress well. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be getting to know my co-workers and being able to make the guests happy
Pros
good advancement oppertunities
Cons
long hours occasionally