Jason's Deli Employee Reviews in United States

good
Restaurant Waitress (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2016
I like the costumers and food. it is a very delicious place to eat at and I work hard all the time. i clean up messes, sometimes clean tables and I take the food to the costumer.
all work, no fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 7, 2016
higher management is never on the same page. forget having a personal life. they say 50-60 hours a week. Realistically its more like 65-80 hours a week.
Pros
free food
Cons
rarely get breaks for lunch
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 9, 2016
This was my first job and I absolutely loved it! Coworkers and managers were great and nice. The environment was very nice, the customers were very friendly. The hardest part about the job was the hours; you either get too many or not enough. Other than that i loved everything. Definitely would go back!
Pros
discounts on food, free drinks
Cons
no breaks (depending on how many hours you work)
Fun place
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 4, 2016
The days were great. I learned great customer service. Management was awesome. Co-workers were nice and very respectful. Hardest part of the job was learning the job all in one day. Most enjoyable part of the job was the energy you get from the customers.
Fun environment
Delivery Driver - Catering (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2015
A decent environment but the owners are cheap and do not offer benefits unless its within the management. The job overall was not that bad just had some areas that need improvement.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
No benefits for most
Routes are cherry picked
Catering delivery Driver/server (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 16, 2015
The managers wife is a route driver at my deli, and guess who gets all the big pre-tipped orders. The company is having an extremely difficult time keeping/hiring drivers. If you want to drive for a living, and your driving record is good enough for Jason's deli that means your record is good enough for a place like uber. That's where you should apply. You'll make more, and it's way easier work.
Pros
They worked with My school schedule
Cons
Turnover and understaffing. Company at maximum capacity and won't grow without more labor.
Wonderful food, not great regarding advancement.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 4, 2016
After working for three months as a dishwasher & asking to be moved to cashier or some other position, they would not move me even after two $0.25 raises and my best effort everyday. They also kept telling me I would be moved to a higher/different position and this never occurred.
Pretty busy place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 29, 2016
This restaurant is very popular, therefore it is extremely busy, especially on Sundays. It might have been more fun to work there if the managers and workers weren't so...crooked. The drama was a little insane, but I left after being scheduled for one night a week for 4 weeks in a row. I needed more hours.
Pros
Meal discounts
Cons
Messy clean up, long closing
fun
busser/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 21, 2016
I really dident like the company at the time I worked there very short handed and very unoraganzied and lack of commution between mangers and employess
Pros
free meals
Jason's Deli
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 15, 2015
A place to work; not much more. For a delivery driver the daily payouts make the job tolerable, but an employment choice to make for a career; this place is not.
Pros
Delivery drivers receive cash payouts at the end of their shift.
Cons
Flexibiliy, seniority, chain of command, and influences.
Fast paced workplace with great atmosphere
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Jason's Deli was my very first job, I left for a summer job and started working there again, however at another location. I love the atmosphere, great food, great people and a fun environment to work. the management is fair and very understanding. This is the first job I ever had interacting with customers, so they taught me a lot about that. Once you get the hang of it, there is really nothing hard about the position I worked, but my co workers had to be the most enjoyable part.
Good Place to work for a student
Delivery Driver/ Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 26, 2015
This is overall a good job for a full-time student who docent have any actual outside responsibilities. I do enjoy the people and the management and its a nice atmosphere. very laid back and the training and work is very easy to learn.
its cool i guess
Restock, Cashier and Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 22, 2016
a typical day would be very busy and fast paced. i learned not to trust your co-workers. my co-workers were kinda stuck up and rude at times they were fun i guess. the hardest part about the job was multi tasking maybe 2 or 3 things at once. the most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers.
Pros
free drinks and reduced prices on food
Cons
unfriendly enviroment
Rough on employees
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 22, 2016
I am a cashier and it's pretty easy but working on a cement floor is pretty hard on your body and taking a break seems like it's the end of the world if you ask for one. Management belittles you, we all make mistakes.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
They care more about the customer than the employees
Busy and great workplace
Assistant General Manger (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2016
I started at Jason's Deli my senior year in high school it was my only job. I worked my way up cashier to assistant general manager. I learn skills that I will carry with me on to the next job.
Pros
discount lunch, meeting new people daily, hands on learning
Cons
n/a
customers are nice
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 23, 2016
i clock in and take orders all day. fast paced abd sometimes you dont get a break. i loved the customers/ regulars that came in, but some of the staff was lazy.
Pros
great customers
Cons
weak management
Im a well rounded person who looks for a cool and safe enviroment
Deli slicer (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 11, 2016
My favorite part of my job would be seeing my costumers enjoying a nice hot meal with great service and in hopes of a wonderful rest of a days all because of wonderful experience at my restaurant.
Pros
Bounes check
Cons
No breaks
fast paced, great southern hospitality.
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 7, 2016
Being a supervisor, taught me many people skills. I love to put a smile on customers faces. Customer service is always difficult, but if I can make a person happy with a delicious meal, that's good enough for me.
Corporate assistant management position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2015
All of the pros and cons that come with a corporate job. Consistent schedule with vacation time. Very long hours/work week for average pay.
benefits
Cons
Quality of life
Good place to start off for a first job.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 9, 2015
I've worked for jasons deli for three years and in two different stores. It's fun to work with others but if theirs an issue most managers don't really do anything about it. Reason for me leaving is bad management they don't care about their new employees no room for advancement.
Pros
laid back managers
Cons
no benefits, bad management