Jason's deli

Jason's deli Employee Reviews

Great opportunities for Advancement
Manager (Current Employee), FloridaApril 19, 2015
Pros: Food, people, shifts go by fast
Cons: Hours, contradictory values from upper management
55 hours plus a week if you ever want to be promoted

Extremely fast paced. You have to think outside the box yet be willing to conform. You are working for a corporate company, rules apply!

Great – more... team members, second family.

Work/life balance: Tough for those with a family or those who want a predictable schedule. Shifts go from Open, Mid, Close, Mid, Open and so on. Shifts are 10+ hours. – less
Great Food
Waiter (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 15, 2015
I mainly cooked the food and served t to the constumers. I was 16 when I worked there so there were no real complaints. The job certainly was high paced and energetic however there was no opportunity for progression.
Corporate assistant management position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: Quality of life
All of the pros and cons that come with a corporate job. Consistent schedule with vacation time. Very long hours/work week for average pay.
It was a great learning experience
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Tampa,FLApril 13, 2015
assist customers, take orders, handled money and delivered food and did catering. Assisted with food preparation, and cleaned the store.
Productive and Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Jackson, TNApril 2, 2015
Great company to work for. I learned to work around a different culture. I enjoyed the managers and enjoyed my co-workers. We defiently work as a team there.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2015
I learned to be responsible and to give out of this world service. Taking catering orders for companies and making sure everything is packed and ready to work. You also have to work at a fast pace and be attentive.
Jasons
Bus/Dish/Driver (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMarch 28, 2015
I was under a lot of fast paced stress. The job was satisfying due to the customers that were attended. I would not come back though because the pay wasn't there.
Fun Place to work!
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), TylerMarch 22, 2015
A great place to start out, this was my first job. Great core values and amazingly tasty food. Great employee discount. They hire management from within. Always room to grow!
hated it
Cashier and Food Preparation (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: none really
Cons: not good pay
I did not like working here. it was a bad experience for me I only worked here for 2 months. they wanted way to much from employees for little pay
good experience
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: half price lunch
Cons: no insurance
work went smooth usually and everyone worked as a team. Work was easy and no tasks were ever to complicated. Work hours were also very good.
good place to work
Catering Assitant (Current Employee), HuntersvilleFebruary 10, 2015
i just want to find a closer job to where i live and be able to something diffrent. it is a great environment and has great employess
Good place to start off for a first job.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Spring, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: laid back managers
Cons: no benefits, bad management
I've worked for jasons deli for three years and in two different stores. It's fun to work with others but if theirs an issue most managers don't really do anything about it. Reason for me leaving is bad management they don't care about their new employees no room for advancement.
Fun place to work with free ice cream
Cashier (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free ice cream and employee meals
Cons: somewhat slow inviroment
Worked behind the register taking orders all day besides when you have to run customers food. Just about every day you will work a split shift, meaning you will work for about 5 hours and have about 1 or 2 hours before you come back for the second shift.
Typical
Crew Member (Former Employee), RDU Airport of north carolinaFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: half off on lunch
Cons: breaks were short due to constant customers coming in
A Overall day at work was a hassile.The only good thing about it was the pay rate.I learned a little about how to stock and prep everything else was stuff I already knew how to do.My management was unprossional – more... along with my co-workers,All they knew was playing and goofing off.Sandwiches was made wrong an would take forever to make another even ignored other customers.In My eyes I really didn't have a hard part but honestly dealing with my crew and there childishness.The best would be seeing the smiles on my customers face as I meet & greet them. Making sure there satisfied with there order before they boarded there plane – less
Great people, great food
Front of House Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: half-price meals
Cons: no breaks, unless you work a double (morning and evening)
A typical day at work for a front of house worker includes taking orders from walk-in, to-go, and drive-thru customers or over the phone orders and bagging up to-go orders. Then, during slow times, you – more... re-stock, clean areas, prep for catering orders, such as getting dressings, making dessert trays or other foods items that don't need to be made the day of, or gathering napkins, utensils, etc. for baglists for these orders.
A typical day for the cash register/ floor person includes ringing up customers, pre-bussing tables, bussing tables, sweeping, and running food out to customers. Also, this includes cleaning, re-stocking, etc., during slow periods.

All-in-all, if food service and making customers happy is your thing, this is a nice place to work! – less
Eh
Delivery Driver / Food Runner (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 27, 2015
Great for a first time worker. That's about it.
A typical day is really stressful, I learned a few things that I'll take with me, and the management was either really spacey or really strict. The co-workers were great, loved those people. The hardest part was dealing with the meaner customers. The most enjoyable part was the tips. Lord the tips.
I enjoy working for jasons deli but i am currently looking for better opportunities.
Cook (Current Employee), Pearland, TXJanuary 22, 2015
It has been a very great experience and, also a great opportunity giving to me as a employee.
Jason's has a great company culture
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Jason's is a good place for those looking to manage in Restaurant. Good top management. Good food.
Catering Manager (Former Employee), Cordova, TNJanuary 11, 2015
A typical day was coming in at 6am and setting up all catering for the day. During lunch i made sure all orders were on time and accurate. It was a team effort. I loved everything about job, especially the owners
fast paced, food service environment
Catering Manager (Current Employee), Park Ridge, ILJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: very limited benefits, no pto/sick leave. limited hours
My typical day begins around 7am. I start by organizing all catering orders in our system from the day before and that morning. I communicate to the various prep employees what needs to be done and when. – more... I am typically on the phone several times in the morning communicating with customers, confirming their orders and making sure all their needs are being met. As our delivery drivers come into work, I am responsible for delegating various tasks among them. It is also my responsibility to make sure all drivers have their current auto insurance, are in full uniform, and that their cars are in full working order with regards to company standards. I will also organize the routes for the delivery drivers. When all my drivers are out the door, I then supervise the order takers in my area, making sure all tasks are completed correctly. I also tend to the needs of customers in the deli, assisting the general manager however I can. When the drivers are finished with their daily deliveries, I delegate and supervise various sidework tasks while I tally up their receipts and cash out their tips.
In this position, I learned how to manage people with different job descriptions, how to keep them on task, and how to inspire them to work hard. I have been learning how to enhance my customer service and communication skills while adapting to a fast paced environment where I must think on my feet. I enjoy working hard with my group to achieve our goal of making every customer happy.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the positive group dynamic among the employees.
The most diffucult part of my job is dealing with staffing problems. Ideally my position would have an assistant, however management has been unable to find a suitable candidate for some time. Also, we have been short on delivery drivers for a while, which can make things very trying on our high volume days. – less

About Jason's deli

This company knows a good sandwich when serves one. Deli Management operates Jason's Deli, a chain of sandwich shops with more – Read more

Jason's deli Salaries