Jason's Deli Employee Reviews in United States

its cool i guess
Restock, Cashier and Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 22, 2016
a typical day would be very busy and fast paced. i learned not to trust your co-workers. my co-workers were kinda stuck up and rude at times they were fun i guess. the hardest part about the job was multi tasking maybe 2 or 3 things at once. the most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers.
Pros
free drinks and reduced prices on food
Cons
unfriendly enviroment
customers are nice
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 23, 2016
i clock in and take orders all day. fast paced abd sometimes you dont get a break. i loved the customers/ regulars that came in, but some of the staff was lazy.
Pros
great customers
Cons
weak management
Good Place to work for a student
Delivery Driver/ Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 26, 2015
This is overall a good job for a full-time student who docent have any actual outside responsibilities. I do enjoy the people and the management and its a nice atmosphere. very laid back and the training and work is very easy to learn.
Fast paced workplace with great atmosphere
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Jason's Deli was my very first job, I left for a summer job and started working there again, however at another location. I love the atmosphere, great food, great people and a fun environment to work. the management is fair and very understanding. This is the first job I ever had interacting with customers, so they taught me a lot about that. Once you get the hang of it, there is really nothing hard about the position I worked, but my co workers had to be the most enjoyable part.
Great place for supplemental work.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2014
Jason's is a great place to work. Most of the workers are friendly and easy going. Its a stable job for college students who need a steady source of income. Management understands the tolls of college and is willing to work around one's school schedule to make sure they have time for school and schoolwork. Work at Jason's is very methodical, and thus very simple to perform efficiently once one has an understanding of the steps or ways to go about performing their duties (whether they make food, manage the salad bar, or otherwise). Management is generally easy going. The GM at my Deli is flexible and understandable. I've learned a lot about customer care and operations within a deli, including stocking and the care of perishable goods.
Pros
50% off food, free drinks, flexible scheduling, overall job security
Cons
no 'full time' (thus no benefits) for non-management, low wage when compared to full time positions
definitely apply
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 18, 2016
jasons deli was the place i needed when i needed to gain experience in leadership and manager fields. i would definitely recommend working here even if it is for a short amount of time.
You are expected to live and breathe Jason's Deli
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 8, 2016
The only high point is that I taught myself how to give better customer service, but at a price of basically living at Jason's Deli.
meh
Delivery Driver/Catering (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 7, 2016
A decent job for a teen. It was way too corporate. Gave respect but didnt earn it. Made decent tips. Wasnt worth the hassle.
Fast paced enviroment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 7, 2014
I usually was the manager responsible for closing nights and weekends. I started my shifts by organize job duties for employees through the night before we could go home. I would help where I could with the food production or spent time checking on customers to see that everyone was happy. I also helped keep things clean. I never demanded an employee to do something. I saw it as a team effort that no one person could do the job alone. It took a team to keep things looking good and running good. It was hard to balance a home life with working a schedule of 10 hrs a day. There was often conflicts between management as to seeing how things should be done. I enjoyed the customers the most. I sometime found it rewarding to just talk and see how someones day was going. catching glances of some cherished life moments
Pros
benefits are decent
Cons
not a career to balance with a family life
if only they were more understanding
cashier/delco (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 8, 2016
i loved my job working there however not ever was the same. they need to be more passionate about the co workers. because we are not all the same
positive work place
excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87113May 7, 2016
Great food, friendly staff. Awesome customer service skills, Great staff that I always willing to learn and help one another.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
N/a
Good place to start off for a first job.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 9, 2015
I've worked for jasons deli for three years and in two different stores. It's fun to work with others but if theirs an issue most managers don't really do anything about it. Reason for me leaving is bad management they don't care about their new employees no room for advancement.
Pros
laid back managers
Cons
no benefits, bad management
fun place to work
Catering manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed all of my cutomers, the majority of them i knew on a first name basis. I enjoyed all my co-workers. I loved making the desserts.
Pros
half off on food
Cons
healthcare
Great food service and team
Salad Bar/Runner (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 24, 2016
Salad bar position was very straight forward, good instructions, management was very friendly. The team was great, they helped me alot.
stressful work
Assistant Manager/Traveling trainer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2016
long hours, little pay, employees were the best part, deli cleanliness was not up to par, employee turn over was too much
fun place to work
Order taker (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 29, 2016
i stocked sodas as well as made sandwiches and taking orders from patrons. I mopped and cleaned regularly and mainly controlled the salad bar.
First job
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 30, 2016
This was a good first job experience. Much was learned involving teamwork, leadership, money handling, customer relations, priority listing and other areas of good work morals.
Corporate assistant management position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2015
All of the pros and cons that come with a corporate job. Consistent schedule with vacation time. Very long hours/work week for average pay.
benefits
Cons
Quality of life
Really enjoyed the food
Closing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 2, 2016
Jasons deli was my longest job ever, i loved learning everything they have on the menu, making it and bragging about the great food.
I liked it
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 21, 2015
Its a fun place to work. The managers are very friendly. The people that worked there at the time were fantastic. Not a lot of room for advancement but plenty of different jobs to learn

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jason's Deli. Our community is ready to answer.