Jason's Deli Employee Reviews

Busy and great workplace
Assistant General Manger (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2016
I started at Jason's Deli my senior year in high school it was my only job. I worked my way up cashier to assistant general manager. I learn skills that I will carry with me on to the next job.
Pros
discount lunch, meeting new people daily, hands on learning
Cons
n/a
if only they were more understanding
cashier/delco (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 8, 2016
i loved my job working there however not ever was the same. they need to be more passionate about the co workers. because we are not all the same
Rough on employees
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 22, 2016
I am a cashier and it's pretty easy but working on a cement floor is pretty hard on your body and taking a break seems like it's the end of the world if you ask for one. Management belittles you, we all make mistakes.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
They care more about the customer than the employees
stressful work
Assistant Manager/Traveling trainer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2016
long hours, little pay, employees were the best part, deli cleanliness was not up to par, employee turn over was too much
Fast paced enviroment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 7, 2014
I usually was the manager responsible for closing nights and weekends. I started my shifts by organize job duties for employees through the night before we could go home. I would help where I could with the food production or spent time checking on customers to see that everyone was happy. I also helped keep things clean. I never demanded an employee to do something. I saw it as a team effort that no one person could do the job alone. It took a team to keep things looking good and running good. It was hard to balance a home life with working a schedule of 10 hrs a day. There was often conflicts between management as to seeing how things should be done. I enjoyed the customers the most. I sometime found it rewarding to just talk and see how someones day was going. catching glances of some cherished life moments
Pros
benefits are decent
Cons
not a career to balance with a family life
Good Place to work for a student
Delivery Driver/ Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 26, 2015
This is overall a good job for a full-time student who docent have any actual outside responsibilities. I do enjoy the people and the management and its a nice atmosphere. very laid back and the training and work is very easy to learn.
Not a fun place
Runner (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 16, 2015
People get hired then fired and/or quit with the drop of a hat. No way of advancement into higher level fields. Staff needs to get it together when it comes to working in a restaurant. People never stay past a year.You go and wait until it is time to be called. That time varies because of favoritism. Management is all over the place. cordininiation is never stable.
fun place to work
Order taker (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 29, 2016
i stocked sodas as well as made sandwiches and taking orders from patrons. I mopped and cleaned regularly and mainly controlled the salad bar.
Im a well rounded person who looks for a cool and safe enviroment
Deli slicer (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 11, 2016
My favorite part of my job would be seeing my costumers enjoying a nice hot meal with great service and in hopes of a wonderful rest of a days all because of wonderful experience at my restaurant.
Pros
Bounes check
Cons
No breaks
Great food service and team
Salad Bar/Runner (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 24, 2016
Salad bar position was very straight forward, good instructions, management was very friendly. The team was great, they helped me alot.
If you in need of a immediate job
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 16, 2015
This job is great for those who need quick income with no advancement and very little raises. This place doesn't really keep the idea that you have a life outside of the job. You are there to do a job and only a job.
Pros
Always needed
Cons
Poor management
Great place for supplemental work.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2014
Jason's is a great place to work. Most of the workers are friendly and easy going. Its a stable job for college students who need a steady source of income. Management understands the tolls of college and is willing to work around one's school schedule to make sure they have time for school and schoolwork. Work at Jason's is very methodical, and thus very simple to perform efficiently once one has an understanding of the steps or ways to go about performing their duties (whether they make food, manage the salad bar, or otherwise). Management is generally easy going. The GM at my Deli is flexible and understandable. I've learned a lot about customer care and operations within a deli, including stocking and the care of perishable goods.
Pros
50% off food, free drinks, flexible scheduling, overall job security
Cons
no 'full time' (thus no benefits) for non-management, low wage when compared to full time positions
Jason's Deli
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 15, 2015
A place to work; not much more. For a delivery driver the daily payouts make the job tolerable, but an employment choice to make for a career; this place is not.
Pros
Delivery drivers receive cash payouts at the end of their shift.
Cons
Flexibiliy, seniority, chain of command, and influences.
Enjoyable place to work, management is very helpful, and co-workers are friendly
Catering Assistant/ Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXAugust 8, 2012
Typically a work day at Jasons Deli is enjoyable. I have learned a better work ethic, and how to work better with others. The management at Jasons Deli has gotten a lot better, we had some change in management for the better. The people i work with are very nice and helpful. The hardest part of my job is when we get relatively busy,only because it gets a little stressful, but i am able to maintain my composure because i handle stress well. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be getting to know my co-workers and being able to make the guests happy
Pros
good advancement oppertunities
Cons
long hours occasionally
positive work place
excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87113May 7, 2016
Great food, friendly staff. Awesome customer service skills, Great staff that I always willing to learn and help one another.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
N/a
fast paced, great southern hospitality.
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 7, 2016
Being a supervisor, taught me many people skills. I love to put a smile on customers faces. Customer service is always difficult, but if I can make a person happy with a delicious meal, that's good enough for me.
Pretty busy place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 29, 2016
This restaurant is very popular, therefore it is extremely busy, especially on Sundays. It might have been more fun to work there if the managers and workers weren't so...crooked. The drama was a little insane, but I left after being scheduled for one night a week for 4 weeks in a row. I needed more hours.
Pros
Meal discounts
Cons
Messy clean up, long closing
definitely apply
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 18, 2016
jasons deli was the place i needed when i needed to gain experience in leadership and manager fields. i would definitely recommend working here even if it is for a short amount of time.
Really enjoyed the food
Closing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 2, 2016
Jasons deli was my longest job ever, i loved learning everything they have on the menu, making it and bragging about the great food.
Its a fun place to work and fun people to be around.
Jason's Deli (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 2, 2015
A typical day is very fast an packed. Learned how to man tan a good an clean work area. Management was great they are a fun group of people. The hardest part of the day is making sure every Customer is happy n keep them coming back. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the kids happy.