Jason's deli

Jason's deli Employer Reviews

Fun, Exciting,With Great Sport Channels
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Get started with next day bag sets which mean getting catering ready for next day. Then I would restock the grab and go that have some drinks and dessert in a big freezer in front of the register.
When the season change so will the food and the way the deli is set up could be a new sandwich on the menu we might have a new promotion in sales example – more... they could have a new soup and try to up sell the new item by adding it to a meal.
My mangers are real nice and helpful. The company aim for five with there employers. My co-workers are all very friendly there very helpful with everyone because we a team.
Hardest part could be when we have a very big order going out and we have to prep before the day before then the order could be sent out like around 6:00 a.m. and we have to make sure that every one be on time in the morning so it could be sent out on time.
The most enjoyable part is your pre-shift which is when we have all the breakfast out the way and we could sit down and have a big meeting with all the employees and the mangers that will be that morning and talk about what changes could be made in the deli to help improve to make it a great place to work – less
great workplace
order taker (Former Employee), Fayetteville NCJanuary 16, 2014
great environment
co-workers worked as a team
meeting new people
greeting customers
made a lot of money
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: too many hours
Making sure we were ready for lunch & dinner.Making sure food was made & served on time.
It's pretty bare bones
Line Worker (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJanuary 12, 2014
Really stressful.
I learned how to run a food line by myself.
Management wasn't really up to par for the most part.
Co-workers for the most part nice and willing to work.
The hardest part of the job is the long hours.
The most enjoyable part the co-workers.
Great Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJanuary 10, 2014
Low pay and very long hours with only one day off a week was tough. The owners were gracious and the staff and customers helped days pass smoothly. Overall this was a really great place to work.
Not a bad job, especially for a college student.
Catering Assistant (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, short shifts, evaluations every 6 months
Cons: low pay, little to no benefits, no free meals for employees
Jason's Deli provides a flexible work schedule, which is great for college students. Difficult to get full-time hours. Pay is not great, unless you work there for several years. Even an experienced restaurant worker would not start at more than $8.00/hr. Learning/ picking up on Spanish helps with getting along and communicating with co-workers, as it – more... is a somewhat bilingual work environment. Management at my particular store is revolving, as it acts a training store for Jason's Deli managers. The hardest part of the job is the fast pace. Most enjoyable part is selling high-quality food in a casual setting, in a world where these two aspects rarely intersect with each other. – less
High pace work enviornment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: hours.
Cons: short breaks.
This job definitely helped me development a work ethic. It also established high values of customer service. The job was also very rewarding.
Decent place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lee's Summit MOJanuary 1, 2014
Terrible hours, They just give you a time to come in and they may work you an hour and they may work you 7. Management is also terrible.
Excellent!
Delco (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IADecember 14, 2013
Pros: the people!
Cons: short breaks
Awesome people to be around! Very fun and fast paced place to be!
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IADecember 11, 2013
Pros: fun staff
Cons: takes forever to move up
Get in and get the troops going and then make sure the day is going well check up on ticket times and make sure that everyone is happy
Fun Enviroment
Food Runner (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 5, 2013
Pros: having good fun and getting work done at the same time
Cons: rush hour.....and i mean lunch hour.
Come in Put on my apron and get to work. Very involved with customers on the daily and I love it. most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on the customers faces.
Fun place to work
VEG. PREP. / LINE COOK (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXDecember 4, 2013
Working here was very fun. I enjoyed working at Jasons Deli. Doing the veg. prep. was good, learned very fast to do that position. After I was done with that I would go to the front line and start servering the line as a front line cook. Management half of the time was just not shall I say nice. Out of 5 managers, 1 was only getting in to it with the – more... rest of the workers. The hardest part of the job is working the line. Very fast place. The most enjoyabe part of the job is eating the free food for the workers. – less
Fun and Enjoyable
Cashier/Office Manager (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 1, 2013
A typical day at Jason's Deli is taking care of customers and giving the best customer service ever. I learned how to give outstanding customer service. I love my managers and co-workers. We are all one big happy family. There is nothing hard about my job. The thing I enjoy about my job is helping people and I put a smile on there face.
great place to work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 22, 2013
great company, good balance, excellent culture, pay could be more but there is opportunity to grow with the company
Fast Paced and Challenging
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 15, 2013
Pros: good example for a first job, practice working with customers, more practice in the kitchen than i currently even have
Cons: unsupportive co-workers, very few hours, few learning opportunities, no benefits
As this was my first job ever, I found it rather difficult at the time, unlike how I would probably find it if I were to work there again now. Honestly I don't remember much of it as I had only worked there for a month due to the school year but I do know that it challenged me, as most first jobs will. I at least learned the basics of the workforce – more... world such as cleaning and stocking, and a little bit of customer service. Unfortunately, I do remember feeling very unsupported by my co-workers who seemed to rather pick on me instead of teaching or helping me which dampened my willingness to learn and made me want to rather just be given a job to do and go do it to get away. I'm sure the fact that it was fast-paced made it difficult to find time to teach a newcomer though. It might not have been the best job ever, nor one that I would want to stay at anyways, but it did allow me to stick my toes in the job world water and see what it was going to be like. – less
Loved this job
Delivery Driver Jason's Deli (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 11, 2013
Was great for providing food sevices to company's onn their lunch break.
I enjoyed working here
Line Cook (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 4, 2013
I enjoyed working at Jason's Deli. Unfortunately I was involved in a car wreck and had to quit.
Very fast paced job.
Dishwaher (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXNovember 4, 2013
Pros: they do notice the work that you do, and are good about giving you raises.
Cons: they constantly lose people (not because of the company but because people not willing to work)
Working at Jason's Deli was an experience I will never forget. I was the dishwasher/busser. Due to certain circumstances the dishwashers/bussers were always quitting. The other positions are good. The only position that couldn't stay filled was the dishwasher/busser position. To work this position you have to be fast paced and willing to give it your – more... all. – less
productive, fun and not too stressful
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee), 1000 s rampart 89145November 1, 2013
Pros: driving in my car
Cons: rate of pay
Working as a delivery driver had its benefits. All the workers making the food were good people to work with. Rarely had any mishaps with orders.
First job, learned excellent working skills. Nice environement
STUDENT EMPLOYEE (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSNovember 1, 2013
•Serve customers in eating places that specialize in fast service and inexpensive carry-out food.
•Accept payment from customers, and make change as necessary.
•Request and record customer orders, and compute bills using cash registers, multicounting machines, or pencil and paper.
•Clean and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
•Notify kitchen – more... personnel of shortages or special orders.
•Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints.
•Prepare daily food items, and cook simple foods and beverages, such as sandwiches, salads, soups or coffee using proper safety precautions and sanitary measures.
•Select food items from serving or storage areas and place them in dishes, on serving trays, or in takeout bags.
•Relay food orders to cooks. – less

About Jason's deli

This company knows a good sandwich when serves one. Deli Management operates Jason's Deli, a chain of sandwich shops with more – Read more

Jason's deli Photos