Jason's Deli Employee Reviews

Easy
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 31, 2017
This is a pretty simple job as long as you can remember the builds of food items and are quick with your hands. The problem with this job is that you are not guaranteed any advancement without working yourself into the ground.
Can be a great place to work
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
Jason's Deli really is a great place to work for, however bad management has left a sour taste in my mouth. They care more about earning a performance bonus than "making every customer happy". It's a sad day when your integrity out weighs that of the person whose name is on the door.
Horrible place
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 30, 2017
Horrible place. Management was a joke, between the "managers" arguing with each other, and the general manager being down your throat, you had to look out for yourself. A senior in high school working 40+ hour leading to graduation, they wouldn't give me graduation off, got called in everyday, worked by myself on the front end for over a month, and for a measly 8/hr. Horrible place to work.
Not a good environment to be in.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 29, 2017
It's stressful, fast paced and unmanageable. Multiple languages spoken so it makes it difficult to communicate. But the diversity is great to gain experience with all types of people
Fun work envior
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 28, 2017
.Workplace with a huge sense of urgency to provide customers with the greatest experience each visit. Staff filled with positive, outgoing characters.
Overall not recomended
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 24, 2017
Overall not recomended Especially For Anyone Out Of High school Teens Do Better Working There As A First Job Not Knowing Better Work Environments Are A Possibility The Managers care but the whole system is so messed up it's hard for them to make it a good place to work
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
No breaks or too long breaks
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 24, 2017
Working at Jason's deli it was a good spot to be at. You can always grow in the company. Management was good. I couldn't stay because of life/work balance.
Pros
Lunch, growth
Cons
Cutting hours
Awesome management, but low pay and lots of hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 24, 2017
I really liked working at Jason's, had no issues other than the fact they were extremely short staffed and tend over load me with hours. However, I have nothing bad to say about my shift supervisors, they were friendly and compassionate to a fault.
Fast paced but will get easier as time goes on
Busser (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 23, 2017
It was hard to learn at first how to do everything since they throw you on the chopping block immediately, but after a while you can easily learn what they want you to do.
Fast workplace with room to move up.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 22, 2017
Jason's Deli is a fast pace environment with a good management team. hardest part of the job was the amount of orders to be done for catering but you learn how to pace yourself and how to knock it all out fast.
Good work place
Sever, End, C&P (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXMay 22, 2017
It's a fast paced kinda job. 4-5 cashiers taking orders at once and a lime of co workers working the line. Work and personal life don't always mix well because the hours vary based on need. Not very much room for growth and cross training but overall it's an ok place to work of looking for part time work.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
No real leway
Good place with great people
ORDER TAKER/DELIVERY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 22, 2017
This was my first job. It was stressful at times, but the managers were great, as well as the customers, for the most part.

The managers care about doing things the right way, but also make sure to foster a light, friendly environment for employees, both of which are important.

This job helped me to learn how to effectively communicate and work in a moderately fast-paced setting.

The entry-level jobs do not pay that well (I started at 8.25/hr) and there are no free lunches for hourly employees, but otherwise this is about as good as it gets in terms of an entry-level job at a restaurant!
Pros
Nice management; kind customers; uniform is not silly
Cons
Odd shifts (10-4, 5-10)
Owners are Money Hungry
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
Owners are very biased towards certain people. Only listen to gossip instead of facts. Treat managers like slaves. Don't tell you when they take money out of your check other than normal items. Will yell and scream and threaten you if you don't do what they ask. GM is a pushover. Doesn't have your back on anything. Will pit managers against each other. Very degrading towards minorities. Will break labor laws and lie to federal government about it.
Pros
Leaving everyday
Cons
Owners
Was OK for first job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAMay 16, 2017
It was good for a first time job. The pay was decent, but it was also incredibly unorganized. There was no compensation for anything, but the job itself was not entirely hard or demanding.
Cons
no breaks
delivery driver
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 15, 2017
Tips are good during the day with the chance to earn a lot of cash quickly. Not so good at night, but more relaxed and a slower work pace. People are nice and friendly
Pros
good tips
Fast pace and upbeat
Order Taker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2017
Jason's Deli is a wonderful place to be it's right off the beach plenty of Sun and excitement if you're in college it's the perfect job it's a step up don't forget to keep your hair back and covered nobody likes hair in their food
Pros
Good money right off the beach
Cons
Fast paced
The of working at a fast food restaurant
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 11, 2017
In the mornings when I get to work, I stick everything to make sure everything is full and filled so that during my shift I don't have to leave the customer waiting while I go get something. I take customers order on the computer or over phone. I was also and runner, which is where I brought food to customers tables. I also worked the end, which is where I look at a ticket to see all the food and whatever food is on that ticket I put in the plate and the runner runs it out. I also worked up front where I used the phones, I had to do catering and delivery orders as well.
It's a great place to work!were like family!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 10, 2017
It's a great place to work!Were all like family!And the foods awesome too!Theres teamwork,everyone looks out and helps each other and we even have fun too!
Pros
Great team, caring, we work like a team.
Cons
Short staffed and a lot of hours.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMay 7, 2017
As a manager in the deli I worked at, we worked a lot of hours. The turnover was really high and so management was always short handed. It was not uncommon to work 60 plus hours a week and you would feel drained and under-compensated.
Pros
Free food, great employees
Cons
short staffed, tons of hours for little pay
Deli Life
Cashier, Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 7, 2017
Food service in general is very hectic and requires stamina. Very busy. Most of the time there are very rude customers. Employees very enjoyable. Management on different pages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jason's Deli. Our community is ready to answer.