Jasper Contractors Employee Reviews

Company not respected in roofing industry
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2017
I don't recommend this roofing company because they have a reputation for doing poor quality work with cheap materials. It was hard to work in sales for them because of the amount of complaints filed by past customers.
Pros
Good commission if you can actually get a sale
Cons
Poor management
Shady Business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Place is poorly ran. Hired and fired new people weekly, you have 0 job security. They will fire you far before you make you benefits. They come off as snake salesmen. Frauds. Using people on the regular.
Horrible Interview Experience
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2017
I arrived 30 minutes early for my interview with this company. I had a previous interview before this where I had given my resume so when I arrived I didn't have me resume with me. The receptionist told me they couldn't interview without a resume even though I drove 30 mins to get there. The recruiter then told me because I was early I could go and print my resume at the local UPS and come back and interview. I decided to do that. When I came back to interview WITH my resume and cover letter, the receptionist then gave me the math assessment to do before I met with the hiring manager. When it was time to interview, the manager came out and told me I should have been on time for my interview and should've had my resume when I first arrived and the recruiter shouldn't have told me i could print my resume and come back for the interview. He then gave my resume back to me and refused to interview me. I told him I was initially 30 mins early so I was on time and that this doesn't seem fair as I came 30 mins out to interview with them. He said sorry but that's just the way it has to be. I told him that you for wasting my time and he told me thanks for wasting our time. They didn't even give me a chance. I did what I was told to do and I was dismissed with attitude! Very unprofessional and a complete waste of my time!!! Do not even try to get hired by this company! Obviously they have idiots for management!!
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management, Recruiters Lie, Don't show any care at all
Crooks and Liars
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2017
Keep looking! This is not the place to go. Actually it's a huge waste of time. They say it's "standard protocol" to leave people in the waiting room and then blame them for being late. They don't even pay people for time that they worked!. I would seriously no even recommend them to replace a roof. Most of the people that work there are fine, but the management and the culture are rotten to the core.
Pros
Cons
Snake oil salesmen
Worst place to work ever
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2017
They fire everyone and use thenew guys to hand out flyers and knock on doors to the point of harassING entire neighborhoods which always end up as Copa being called or you get in trouble for leaving . Then if that case comes about you get fired for insubordination and leaving the "job site"
Pros
Cons
They waste your time and tou end up paying them
Very productive
Sheet rocking (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJuly 11, 2017
You always had something to do so you never got the chance to really sit atound. There is great Co-workers and you could have enjoy your job and get things done right at the same time.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The heat outside
Dont do it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 25, 2017
Please read the others that rate this company. Please do go there to work. 150 For some shoes come on. If you do not want a life go there. If you do dont go there no training like you think you should have
coworker was nice
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working in the Orlando office with my co-worker. She was a wonderful trainer who showed me the ins and outs of the company.
Hands Down the Worst Company I ever worked for!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 3, 2017
These people are the fakest, least caring, lil puppets on a string I have ever been around. If you are not extrovert then you are looked down on for just wanting to keep to yourself and do your job. Only certain employees get certain special treatment. They train you to scam people and make you become an absolute pest to homeowners and insurance companies. And they do not care at all about the health and well being of their employees. Everyone is replaceable. I would advise you to not to do business with them and do not work there!!!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
What a Joke
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2017
If you're considering going to work for these people please keep looking elsewhere. The first thing they do is make you agree to buy a pair of roofing boots for $175 before putting you through their training course of how to BS your way into getting a homeowner to allow you to do a roof inspection to find evidence of some kind of past roof damage so they can file a claim with their insurance company. The turnover is very high but they use the new people to drum up business by making them knock on doors all day every day until they finally quit for being subjected to the BS of this con job.
Cons
I go to work every single day with a smile on my face.
Management (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 10, 2016
I have had more than one job in my life: some were good, some were bad. What I have never before encountered is a company that believes in its people and pushes them to achieve. If you are willing to work hard, you will be paid well and rewarded with the autonomy necessary to do your job but the support of a wonderful team when you encounter hurdles. Even upper management shares their cell phone numbers and encourages any employee to reach out if they need help, guidance or direction.

I go to work every single day with a smile on my face, feeling lucky that of all the companies I interviewed with, I picked this one.
Pros
The company pays for 100% of heath care in addition to great salaries.
Jasper
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL and Tampa, FLOctober 30, 2016
At Jasper you get a few perks: $30k/ yr salary, commission, bonuses, company truck, cell and gas card. Don't forget the paid employee and employee family health benefits!!!
With all that, remember to learn to love the field more than home, as there is no work life balance. I will say, I was extremely into working with Jasper. The management was encouraging and assisted you in making you money. #Getthecheck
However, Management fears being fired and showed no form of job security. In my time with the company, 150 people came and 150 went. No Joking. 15 "new hires" every two weeks would start and two weeks later would quit.
Then again, door to door isn't for every one. Even so, for me it was an awesome experience until they fired the VP of Sales and started getting rid of their "culture" builders and heavy hitters. The Owner doesn't want culture or reps that care for the H/O (homeowners), he wants thieves. He wants soulless workers who he can mold to be troops to battle against the insurance companies, whether or not you actually have a claim.
Pros
Company paid Health, truck, gas card, cell
Cons
No job security, no culture
Very bad ethic with poor professionalism
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2016
They will fired you before you collect any commission,they micromanage you like a dog.finally they will send treat letter after they fire you.not a good company.poor training bad management.
Pros
Nine
Cons
Waste your time
Great company..good motivated push
Internal Support (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 6, 2016
I have loved working at Jasper since day one. Everyone was accepting with open arms and were all ready to help if I had any questions. Sometimes the workload can seem overwhelming, but everyone seems to come together to accomplish the work at hand. This job has definitely given me a good motivated push to work hard to achieve results.
Pros
Benefits, great work environment, customer interaction
Great Company perks
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2016
Great Company Benefits. Good culture. Working in the field was liberating. Having the opportunity to meet new people everyday and helping them with their questions regarding the New Roof process. Working with the insurance companies during the roof inspection was a great learning experience defining different causes and what to look for when inspecting the shingles.
Pros
Company provided Truck, computer and phone and training.
Cons
Lack of work
High paid high turnover
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2016
Company takes 3 months before you make any commissions and it's very tricky to hit all the right numbers to be paid. On the other hand I made over 10K in a month and it is doable. But Jasper wants you to convince people to file insurance claims on roofs that have very little damage in hopes that you get a nice adjuster who approves it, which is a slim chance in many cases.
Not a good company!!!
Sales Representative/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2016
Very unprofessional in their hiring process and quick to let you go. I didn't even make it through the first week. They don't inform you on the position until you start training and then they try to motivate in a form of hoop and hooray starting day one! They try to explain all the door knocking you have to do to earn your keep! I was actually Blessed and spared by leaving the first week. Bad company to go work for unless you like to job hop. Don't let the advertising of a free company truck, cell phone and benefits fool you, it's just bait to lure you in. Don't say you haven't been warned just keep reading all of the reviews on this company here.
Pros
I don't see any
Cons
Deception Deception Deception!
Great place to collect a check, while you continue job searching
Outside Sales Representative/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2016
This company is a very different type of outside sales job. If you're not a fan of door to door sales stay away. However, the company does provide: company truck, fuel card and phone. The commission cycle can take up to three months or more. The turnover rate for this company is ridiculous. They give three months to see how you will do, eventually you will burn out or they will terminate you. As I stated before, its a great place to collect a check while you continue your search. Don't be fooled by the money they say you can make....they prey on money hungry people. There's tons of other jobs at there with better management, pay, hours and benefits.
You day may start at 830a- until last deal. Managers will push ppl, until 9p at night sometimes.
Pros
company truck, phone, fuel card
Cons
may work satudays, no leadership from management, no standard set or throughout the management team
friendly and self montivating
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2016
outside sales
B2C
must utilize the territory given
hands on and persistent working environment

coordinating with team and sales strategies were dependent of storms and damage to roofs.

a marketing team and inside sales force would be ideal for warm closes in the field and meeting with insurance adjusters in a more timely fashion- overall good company
Pros
great pay and benefits, good training, company car and phone
Cons
mountainous work, outside sales cold calling
Toxic Environment - Stay away
Not disclosed (Former Employee) –  Not DisclosedMay 5, 2016
Read the reviews, not a very good place to succeed... Don't walk away, RUN! Management is a mess, no employee loyalty, turnover rate is insane! That should tell the story.
Pros
Cons
You will be terminated within 6 months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jasper Contractors. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8