Jawonio Employee Reviews

My daily routine at Jawonio Pros Program
Recovery & Employment Specialist Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rockland County, NYJune 8, 2016
I work and help clients on a daily basis by running groups (within the curriculum), that I have created. Such as: Choices in Recovery; Meditation; Introduction into Yoga for Recovery; Writing My Story of Recovery. Those are just a few. My work history shows that I have excellent communications skills with people from all walks of life and culture. I know how to listen, which is very important. I get along very well with my co-workers. The hardest part is working with someone who is not open to recovery for whatever reason.
Pros
I love my work
Cons
None I can think of at this time
enjoyable and respectfull place
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 6, 2016
Jawonio is a good place to work because it offer the employees an a positive work environment and also good benefits and plans for the future
Best interest of the individuals and staff, productive, fun-filled environment
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 3, 2013
A typical day at work was like being in the middle of your living room with family well minus the rules and regulations. I learned about teamwork, laughter, friendship amongst my coworkers. I learned about respecting others inspite of their differences but to embrace their differences and appreciate my own. My director is stern but she has your best interest at heart even in HR they do their best to help you find alternatives that can help you better your performance at work and in life. The hardest part of the job for me was parting ways with a good set of people. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff, going out with the individuals, birthday club for the individuals, cooking group, bbq's, trips to the mall, baseball, dance group, zumba, etc...
Pros
free food, trips, excercise
Cons
mostly the pay and the lack of raises
bad, rude people
dsp (Former Employee) –  new jerseyFebruary 8, 2015
Bad place. To work. , play. Favorite no breaks low salary , too much. Of a workload,had to stop. If there was an emergency. If u were on lunch. If in the. Building
Pros
insurance
Cons
no breaks, nasty people
Bad place to work
DSW (Former Employee) –  New City, NYJuly 25, 2014
It was a bad place to work. I really liked it there but the compensation and politics were bad.
Great pay
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  New City, NYMay 8, 2015
A great job opportunity that allows you to work independently with flexibility. On a normal day I take care of my clients needs under instruction of the clients respesentative. I've learned to have patience when working with people that are disabled and have special needs. I don't have any co workers because I work independently and am paid by an agency. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not feeling deep sympathy for the client/patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully completing task and pleasing my client who is very very sweet and gentle.
Pros
Working without supervision
Cons
Requires work on holidays and all holidays are not paid work days
Badly in need of more caring workers!!!!!
Contracter (Former Employee) –  New City, NYJanuary 20, 2015
I worked there as a contractor with one of the client/patients and my emotions got to me when I noticed how they were treated there.

They were not cleaned enough and left in odd positions for large amount of times, I think because of the low salaries you get a different type of people working there who just don't care and it's a shame because the clients/patients suffer.

On a couple of occasions I just had to speak up for my client and tell them to change his diaper and reposition him.

I think to fix this problem the pay should be better and the workers must be screened better this takes very special people to work in this field, I am in such a business and I truly understand what real special caring people are. Also inspect the sites more often unscheduled.

I pray that this review caused some improvement for these clients/patients.
Great place for overall learning experience.
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  westchester,new yorkDecember 6, 2012
The job is consist of long hours and hard work.It is enjoyable because it helps you to create an opportunity for the disable to enjoy recreational activities in there community.
Pros
you are outdoors alot, meet new people daily
Cons
sometimes the weather isn'tgood for traveling, transportation delays
Medical Assistant
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New City, NYMarch 19, 2015
Jowanio is an amazing work place, working with mentally and physically disabled has shown me to all the ways of being patient with others and experience with taking vital signs and giving out medication and assisting then with transportation etc
Rewarding
Habilitation Instructor (Current Employee) –  New City, NYMarch 4, 2015
The work you do at Jawonio is very rewarding. The staff is good to work with and makes a good team environment. You will fall in love with the people you help.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
Nice Place to work
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New City, NYApril 29, 2014
It was close to home and if my kids were sick, I could leave early. Enjoyed working with the residents
Pros
close to home
Cons
not very appreciated by upper management - they play favorites
Amazing Consumers
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  New City, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Enjoy my consumers. They teach a lot and show how life could be challenging. Working for this company has made me see the life and field of dealing with disable adults
Average Place to work
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  New City, NYOctober 8, 2014
Work with adults with developmental disabilities. Different positions available from direct care to service providers and advocacy.
Always keeps it adventurous for clients.
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westchester,N.YSeptember 17, 2013
Company finds many ways to engage the community with mentally disable clients.
Pros
clients are in a safe environment for growing.
Cons
the schedules and travel for staff are not ez.
Productive and great learning environment
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  New City, NYApril 3, 2012
Positive way to establish the basic foundation to acquire the skills needed as a nurse.
loved working with the kids
Substitute Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  New City, NYJanuary 16, 2013
had fun working with the kids,the kids put a smile on my face everyday,enjoyed playing with them
Pros
some nice people
Cons
emotionally draining
Productive and Busy Work Environment
Billing Specialist/data entry (Former Employee) –  New City, NYMarch 11, 2014
Entering EOB's,Calling Insurance Companies for payments,.It was a good experience working there.

Jawonio Reviews by Location