JBS Carriers Employee Reviews

Good as a starter job
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 31, 2017
If you are looking for a starter job to get experience for a few years, this may be the job for you. If you are looking for a career with advancement based on your skills and hard work, this is not what you are looking for. The drivers are exceptional and great to work with. But, with the exception of a few, the management is poor. They advertise their Values, which are great in theory, but are not practiced.
Pros
Excellent benefits!
Cons
Salary, management
Great experience
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 17, 2017
Jbs helped a lot with my warehouse knowledge. I was able to move up in the company fast learned quick. Jbs taught me the importance of time management
Good Place to work
Class A Commercial Driver License-Endorsements (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 13, 2017
Great place to work for a Trucker wanting to be a person rather than a number. I would recommend them to anyone who drives truck long haul. I just don't have any desire to drive over the road any longer
Pay is ok but the hostile work environment is oppressive
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 13, 2017
If you enjoy a “do as I say” not as I do atmosphere, this may be a fit. Watch your back, there are no job descriptions or operating procedures. If management does not like you or you do not go out and drink with them they will get rid of you.
Fun but hard
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cactus, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Was a good place the work is long and dangerous but the pay was nice home every night, had options to do other things not just haul cattle managment was great
I had a good working experience at this company. No major complaints.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 30, 2017
JBS has excellent equipment, good management and most is the time very consists miles. There pay and benefits are above average for the industry. Overall a good company to drive for.
Poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, TXAugust 29, 2017
I worked regional out of Texas and this day staff is by far the worst.. no leadership or organization.. have seen with my own eyes them look at phone and either hang up or send you to voicemail.. hard to take off..have routes going to your home city daily and will not send you there. If they don't like you the dispatcher will leave you sitting for days.. sad case of office politics and playing with your money
Pros
too many chiefs not enough indians
truck driver (Former Employee) –  oakwood gaAugust 9, 2017
will not listen to your message you leave for corporate office. Returns phone calls days later and asked "what can I do for you".
DUH>>>> my voicemail I left you was details and now u r asking me again "what can I do for you?
death of a value employee was not any concern of JBS period. No phone call to acknowledge received message of death, no phone call to say sorry for your loss, no flowers at funeral/funeral home.
Pros
nothing readlly
Cons
too many chiefts not enought indians
Consists of many small teams that work together on a daily basis
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed working with the team. I gained a lot of experience and skills that add value to my resume. It is ever changing and there is a lot to remember. Days go by fast as there is always a lot to keep busy with.
Pros
Flexibility with hours
JBS was good job for me
Slaughter Cows (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MIMay 16, 2017
I love working at JBS in Plainwell Michigan. Its a good job for people who want to work at JBS. Cutting on cow hearts was good. Using a saw on omasum.
Pros
Pay good.
Good job for a driver without any family
OTR/Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 26, 2017
Good pay with great benefits. lots of OTR time, New equipment which also means a driver cam that watch's your every move. Maybe ok for some but not my cup of tea.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Not a goob for all
They don't care !
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 28, 2017
At first I thought that company was great to work for work all promises on their own words but it's all lies and human resource said they will call me after I had complain on driver mentor but they never did. It's all about money to them and they don't care about drivers and their pay scale really are horrible so they can take advantage of drivers. I highly recommend you not to work for them !!!
Pros
None and nothing good to say about it
Cons
Company uses drivers !!
Excellent place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Cactus, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Hardest part of the job is dealing with union reps and union workers. They are lazy and do not do their jobs. Perks included a cafeteria and good management.
Pros
Good insurance, takes care of you
Cons
Union Dues
Dm and coworkers. Are great
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 5, 2017
Had allot of fun with the company. Driver appreciation time was spectacular. .. The company gets you home for your 34 hour reset. Best of company is this company is always busy. They schedule loads accounting on traffic time and very helpfull with trip planning ..
unfair work place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 21, 2016
This place is two faced as i was told not to fix a bolt on a trailer and then I as again when it comes back around and was told the same thing. then I was yelled at when I sent it back out.
Awesome drivers lounge
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 31, 2016
I would wake up and switch my duty status then do a pre-trip on the truck then leave to drive hundreds of miles to my destination. I could only drive about 8 hours before having to take a break then drive 3 more hours. I learned that even veteran drivers dont know everything about trucking. i liked the managers and co workers. Hardest part of the job was having to stop driving. driving was the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
Driving, Drivers lounge
Cons
having to stop driving
Don't Care
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 12, 2016
They consider office employees entry level and have no intrest in helping you if needed.i reached out to human resource with a office issue,they never even responded.terrible office management also who treats certain office people terrible and condones office favoritism.Greeley,co management just lets it go.
if looking to work there I would say use them as they use you as a stepping stone to greater things.very low pay with no raises,no chance for advancement.was very dis-appointed in my experience,i expected more from a company of there size.form your own opinion,just be careful of false promises
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
wages, advancement
Fun but professional environment
Compliance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 10, 2016
Its been a while, but I remember a work hard play hard ethic. Lots of co worker friendships, and fun office shenanigans like birthday cakes and picnics.
Pros
Benefits, great coworkers
Cons
Pay, frequent management changes
It is an ok company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CSeptember 6, 2016
As alot of large company the are pros and cons to working here there seems to be a lack of communiction between employees and managment but work is steady
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Poor communicatio
great people!!! great trucks!!
OTR Driver Class (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80631August 25, 2016
good company to work for. great staff!! great trucks and maintenance. plenty of miles if you know what you're doing. driver's lodge could use some work, but if you are on the road making money who cares about the drivers lodge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JBS Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9