JBS Carriers Employee Reviews

unfair work place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 21, 2016
This place is two faced as i was told not to fix a bolt on a trailer and then I as again when it comes back around and was told the same thing. then I was yelled at when I sent it back out.
Awesome drivers lounge
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 31, 2016
I would wake up and switch my duty status then do a pre-trip on the truck then leave to drive hundreds of miles to my destination. I could only drive about 8 hours before having to take a break then drive 3 more hours. I learned that even veteran drivers dont know everything about trucking. i liked the managers and co workers. Hardest part of the job was having to stop driving. driving was the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
Driving, Drivers lounge
Cons
having to stop driving
Don't Care
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 12, 2016
They consider office employees entry level and have no intrest in helping you if needed.i reached out to human resource with a office issue,they never even responded.terrible office management also who treats certain office people terrible and condones office favoritism.Greeley,co management just lets it go.
if looking to work there I would say use them as they use you as a stepping stone to greater things.very low pay with no raises,no chance for advancement.was very dis-appointed in my experience,i expected more from a company of there size.form your own opinion,just be careful of false promises
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
wages, advancement
Fun but professional environment
Compliance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 10, 2016
Its been a while, but I remember a work hard play hard ethic. Lots of co worker friendships, and fun office shenanigans like birthday cakes and picnics.
Pros
Benefits, great coworkers
Cons
Pay, frequent management changes
It is an ok company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CSeptember 6, 2016
As alot of large company the are pros and cons to working here there seems to be a lack of communiction between employees and managment but work is steady
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Poor communicatio
great people!!! great trucks!!
OTR Driver Class (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80631August 25, 2016
good company to work for. great staff!! great trucks and maintenance. plenty of miles if you know what you're doing. driver's lodge could use some work, but if you are on the road making money who cares about the drivers lodge.
No life? Perfect for you. Otherwise don't bother.
OTR-Cattle Hauling (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 3, 2016
My time in OTR was good. Great manager! Cattle hauling? Different story. Worked 14 to16 hours a day. Little sleep. Underpaid for dealing with cattle. Plant management did not like the cattle drivers.
Pros
OTR Managers! Great people!
Cons
Cattle hauling! No sleep!
Dependable pay, little chance for advancement in salary
Did regional sales the Green Bay Terminal (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 22, 2016
The typical workday is what you would expect. I learned that the company has very little loyalty to the employees. They go through quite a few employees.
petty
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 19, 2016
super petty. I got wrote up for setting off the drive cam, even though it was plain to see that reasons being the car in front of me cut me off. I had to hit the brakes harder than usual to advoid hitting them instead. But I was wrong to do that. Also was only going about 10 miles an hour, I was in rush hour traffic in Chicago.
Great Co-Workers
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, TXFebruary 13, 2016
Great places to work, the job is challenging & most of the people are great to work with. You have the freedom to work at your own pace without someone micro-managing you. The down side is even though you get an evaluation annually they pretty much don't mean anything, don't count on a raise no matter how well you are rated.
Pros
Co-Workers, office environment
Cons
Salary, no raises
Lack of direction
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hyrum, UTFebruary 11, 2016
Corporate umbrella knows what their purpose and direction is but their captive carrier has failed to achieve the same.
Decent company, consistent miles
CDL OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 7, 2016
Good overall experience, nice equipment. Decent dispatch. Management seemed to care. Didn't like you couldn't put antennas on or modify truck in any way. 65 mph a bit slow. APU's under powered in summer.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Cant modify trucks at all
Good Company. Poor management.
Dedicated Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 20, 2015
There was a disparity between what my recruiter told me and the way I was treated by Driver Manager and Terminal Manager.
Good place to learn about the transportation business
Safety specialist (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 17, 2015
I think this is a great place to learn about the transportation industry unfortunately there is not much room for growth within the safety department. We work closely as a team to provide the best help and support that we can for our drivers.
Human Resourse / Recruiter
Recruiter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 1, 2015
Worked for the worlds largest Meat Manufacturing company. The satellite office I worked out of is located in Oakwood, GA.. Enjoyed working with new applicants to achieve employment with JBS Carriers .Reviewed and completed the 10 year driver folder needed so Safety could review for approval. Resolved any issues or questions driver may have. I very much enjoyed the co-worker I interacted with on daily and monthly bases. I had great satisfaction working with such a great team.
Pros
Outstand people and great benifites
Cons
turnover in upper managment
Unbalanced
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 17, 2015
Plenty of miles, but really poor on getting you home. If you need to be home for a scheduled appt, make sure to schedule home time 2+ days ahead of that, and you *Might* get home before the appt time. Safety dept is in a league of it's own, and not a good one. Think they know how police operate, and don't care if your considerate of other people. In fact, they'd rather you just block traffic than to take a turn wide.
great company
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Hyrum, UTOctober 8, 2014
enjoyed my time .. i cant say any bad thing about this company..
Pros
always moving
Cons
not home enough
Run from this company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, TXOctober 1, 2014
I currently work here. The dispatchers play favorites and they give all the good loads to there pets.
The only thing dedicated about the job is that you are dedicated to Pilgrims Pride. JBS owns them and we pull there freight.
Don't be fooled by the .45 cpm because at 1800 miles it isn't worth it.
You constantly have to bfe for freight, as for home time well it's out 10-14 days minimum with 2 days off.... Wait I mean 48hrs off
I've lasted 5 months I am actively seeking a new employer
Ins is really good that's the main reason why I am still here

Oh how can I forget the equipment sucks I have 2 breakdowns a week and 1 major breakdown a month. They don't have a real shop to get work done on the truck. So you spend your time going from dealer to dealer to dealer to dealer to dealer.
Pros
You will go into debt, you will not make any money here
Cons
See above
Professional Workplace
Driver Manager/Customer Service/Extended Coverage (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 25, 2014
Company is Downsizing at this time.. I have been a part of the company for 4 years.. It has made a lot of changes over the years.. Enjoy co-workers
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Bad for new drivers
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Hyrum UtahMarch 17, 2014
You can't make any money with these guys if you do not have 2-3 years of experience. They can barley run you 2200 miles in one week. You wait hours as deliveries and don't get detention pay for 4 hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JBS Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8