JBS

JBS Employer Reviews

Cold and uninviting enviornment
Break line/Saw Operator (Former Employee), Plainwell, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Hard work and long hours but if you can deal with that the money is there to be mad.
trucks were kept up nice
Truck driver (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 2, 2015
people were pleasant, and trucks maintained, hours could have been better, over all not to bad. Management was rude at times
Kill Floor Clerk (Current Employee), Souderton, PAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: pays good
productive
You learn a lot if you put your head to it. for example i went from a floor employee to helping in health care to doing data entry for the operation manager to a clerk. Now i do multiple jobs around the company when asked.
Management is excellent so are my co-workers
the hardest part of my job is none, i am observant when learning a job.
the most enjoyable part of my job is building graphs and having Safety and Communication meeting.
Handyman
Handyman/Electrition/Plumber (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: frequent breaks, free lunch and self paced.
I really enjoyed all the tasks i was given, and i also liked the challenges in the every day environment that i was able to fix or remodel.
A SHIP IN THE WATER THAT IS SINKING
WHAT JOB YOU CAN DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT (Current Employee), Santa fe spring calfOctober 29, 2014
Cons: its a sinking ship.
DO NOT EVEN WORK THERE THAT COMPANY IS LIKE SHIP THAT IS SINKING AND IT WILL TAKE YOU WITH .THEM AND THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR FAMILY THAT SAD SAD SAD .
A great Learning experience
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Greeley, COOctober 28, 2014
There is a lot to learn there
Get to work in a diverse place
People genuinely care about you
some struggle with organization due to constant changes in management
Corporate PSM Manager (Current Employee), GeorgiaOctober 25, 2014
Pros: good beneifts
Cons: lot's of travel
Some instability due to constant turnover in upper level management at facilities although it is well structured at the very top of organization (corporate headquarters)
Lots of work
Shippin Manager (Current Employee), Greeley, COOctober 24, 2014
They like to work you long hours for less than industry standard
family business
Freight Planner and Coordinator (Former Employee), Green Bay, WISeptember 19, 2014
quoted parts and pumps
helped customers zero in on what they needed
managed 10 + co-workers
Long work days with little to no home life/ stressful work environment
Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee), Greeley, COAugust 25, 2014
Pros: discounts on meat packaged at facility
Cons: shipping works most days of the year including holidays
We are required to work long hours, and usually 6-7 days a week. Very stressful, high demand job. In charge of keeping product out the door, while making sure production floors continue to run efficiently. I enjoy the people I work with in my department, and consider them family due to the amount of time we spend together. The hardest part about my job is being away from my family and missing all of the special moments with my wife and son. The most enjoyable part of my job is the experience and people I work with.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Marshaltown,IAJuly 22, 2014
working alot and no time for family, 21 days on and 1 day off is not much time with anybody
productive but no help from upper management.
Warehouse Supervisor/ Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good pay, benefits.
Cons: no help from upper management
Was find at first but later made changes when new management came in. HR Department was a joke. No motivation from upper management. Had good workers but tried to get them a raise. A lot of turnaround in my department. Ask for help, did not yet. Upper management was more concern on production and numbers then the department. Had alot of good hard working workers..I decided to resing or quit..
fun workplace at oxtail
Meat Processor (Current Employee), Plainwell, MIJune 7, 2014
Pros: break time
Cons: short break time
Learned how to responsibilities with people and the hardest part is so far from my home and have to drive one and half hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with others people.
Not as good as they make it seem!
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Grand IslandMay 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits and vacation
Cons: difficult work environment and poorly organized training.
It is good experience on the management side but difficult work environment. No structure in training whats so ever and high turn over rate.
You are a number and most folks in the trenches numbly trod thru their day.
Logistics (Current Employee), Greeley CO CorporateMay 16, 2014
Pros: good cafe on premises.
Cons: corporate back-stabbing is at a premium & a culture of fear & anxiety permeates the building.
Lotsa promises, little follow-through.

Only a select few care enough to make it their mission to better the company...with repercussions (back-stabbing, headaches, etc..)
The rest are marionettes parroting rhetoric and dumb slogans to each other until they get to leave the office for the day.

This isn't to say that the company is without its potential. Its just sad to see so much of it wasted everyday.
Very Productive Environment
Round Dropper (Meat Cutter) (Former Employee), Plainwell, MIMarch 17, 2014
Pros: on site cafeteria
Cons: very short breaks
Typical day would be getting to work, putting on proper work gear, and getting right to work. Learned how to work in a very fast paced environment with many different cultures. Learned how to train people in multiple positions as well as learn many different cuts of beef.
able to learn and stay busy
Maintenance mechanic (Current Employee), Worthington, MNMarch 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: 7 days a week
The hardest part of the job is being there every day or than that they have great people to work with and for they have all the schooling you could want and they pay for it
work environment sucks
Mechanic (Current Employee), Wingate, NCFebruary 10, 2014
Cons: everything
This job wouldn't be so bad if the entire place wasn't ran by the same family, 3 of my co-workers are brothers and the other kid is one of the brothers step son so yeah if your looking to work here turn around and go somewhere else. oh and if you are looking for overtime deffinately turn around because if your not related then your not getting any.
just a good place to work,good wages
3rd shift barnman (Former Employee), WIJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: working alone
Cons: heat in summer and cold in winter.
I worked alone and was always had things ready for morning.Management was good and I had a good boss.Cleaning pens was easy.Dealing with USDA was the hardest.I like working with cattle
Great workers
Fabrication (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 23, 2014
I loved the routine and learned a lot on how to be a good and hard worker. the management was a step away and I thought I was going to retire there. I was a good rib bone guy and I miss the place.

1 2 3 4