JBS Employee Reviews

Stressful
Yield Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plainwell, MINovember 29, 2017
No where to advance. Lack of leadership. To many management rolls. Never know who your boss is. Advancing the wrong people. Add more and more in to your job with no pay raise.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not compensated for job being done.
Jbs
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NENovember 28, 2017
JBS was Defiantly my first Factory Job and its hard hard work but if you could pull through it then it pays off you get to move up or apply for different positions if your not happy where your at its defiantly a great Learning Experience Plus they hire just about anyone
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Hard work and Rude Managers
Good wage and benefits, plenty of overtime
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IANovember 27, 2017
Very poor management, things are often unorganized. They purchase the least expensive supplies making your job more difficult. There is a lack of communication between management and employees leaving the employee to make the best discussion possible. With the unlack of supervision usually leads to longer hours than necessary. This also leads to a lot of weekend work that is unnecessary. I like the pay and also the hours on bad for me but leads to large turn over.
Pros
Fair wage, benefits, 2 wks vacation, paid holidays
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment and poor management
Fast paced stay busy
Hog farm production (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, MONovember 22, 2017
I didn't like how our boss never praised us for the things we did but was quick to say we all sucked all the time. He was always in a mood & felt like we could never pleas him
Pros
Hr lunches
Cons
The smell lol
productive workplace.Honor of working with so many others.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Beardstown, ILNovember 18, 2017
A fast paced rapidly changing environment that for me requires agility,strength and the ability to think and make quick decisions.Working with a very diverse unique group of individual is both enlightening and educational,I.E. languages,cultures etc. Management from immediate to departmental to internal plant leadership all work together towards a single goal.
Pros
Product discounts.
Cons
distance from home.
It's a fun place to work. most of the time it is stressful but the salary is good.
cutting meat (Former Employee) –  Cactus, TXNovember 16, 2017
At that job I learn that everyone is equal. No one is rasist. Everyone help each other. The manager were nice and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is when the machine is in faster pace. The fun part of the job is the break time. I see all my friends and family.
Pros
health insurances
Cons
no free lunch
Absolutely poor management especially in the Maintenace department.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hyrum, UTNovember 16, 2017
Do not work here. The management is ridiculous and the do not know how to treat their employees. the company policies are a joke and the union that they have is a joke also you pay almost $20 a paycheck to the union to represent you and then they side with the company on everything instead of actually fighting for you. My opinion is not to even waste your time with this company.
Pros
Cons
The list is a mile long
Very Stressful
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 14, 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at JBS Riverside, to much favoritism, to many promises and none kept. No apertiation for their employees, lack of discipline on there policy. Employees are stressed out, they don't feel that managers care. Managers always in the office, no interaction, H.R not there for employees, things are done to benefit some people and not the company, there are hard working employees, but without the CULTURE that is needed the turnover will continue.
Pros
Hard working employees
Cons
Lack of JBS Great CULTURE, to make Riverside succeed.
Very Productive
Mantenance (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2017
This company is very fast pace. And they have a lot of job assignment for the employees to do but they based them on their weight. To make sure they are able to handle the position in which they have been place in. Great company to work for.
Pros
Great benefits
fun paced
RN (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NENovember 14, 2017
the job was fast paced and enjoyable. The work was rewarding helping those who could not help themselves. lots of education Is required in this job,

Want to know more about JBS?

Ask a question
na
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PANovember 13, 2017
working at JBS was a good job. you needed to be on time and work hard, but by doing so you gained fully. I would recommend anyone to work there if they were willing to work hard
Managing the team is improving
R&M Purchasing Manager/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IANovember 12, 2017
It is good honest work and many team members strive to improve the environment to make it a favorable place to work. Many good team members high stress levels be ready to work.
Not a good place to work if you want to advance.
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Beardstown, ILNovember 8, 2017
Long hours that I wasn't informed about when I was hired. 2 hours of overtime a day. I have had several interviews for jobs that would be an upward promotion and some of the jobs I have had 2nd interviews, but never hear back from the hiring manager if got the job or not. Very unprofessional when it comes to job interviews and letting the candidate know if they got the job or not.
fast paced work environment, continuously on feet throughout the workday...
cattle mover (Former Employee) –  NebraskaNovember 7, 2017
Lack of communication due to language barrier in Multicultural work environment. Extremely stressful Work environment due to very extreme multicultural
good
Meat Processor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 7, 2017
good place to work good people there the feed you there and free coffee lol but the pay is good and everything i learn alot there a typical day is going fast on the line
its hard work
trainer/ meat cutter (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 4, 2017
if you are willing to do hard work then this is a great place for you. the money is great. dont move up to supervisor, they dont stay long. you will be in pain everyday for the first 6 months of the job.
Pros
money is great
Cons
poor management
Strong Company
Contracts Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 31, 2017
I would have stayed with JBS however, after the flooding from the rains shut down roads, the drive became unbearable and I worried about future road/drive problems.

The coworkers were great, hard-working.
Fun place to work
5.Packaging Staff (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAOctober 30, 2017
I worked as a packer at JBS company it was a fun place to work with my co-workers and I have good experience working with them also I lean different department areas at JBS.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
heathcare
Job is secure as long as you do as they say!
Leadperson (Former Employee) –  Cactus, TXOctober 28, 2017
Working at JBS is a hard fast pace job to work at. Management needs to work on favoritism and being fair with employees. You do your job and more for them and there is no appreciation.
Pros
Benefits and paid vacations
Cons
Management treats employees poorly
Exciting Work Experience
A full-service Owner's Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 27, 2017
Two extremely smart, ambitious, and talented men who paved the way for everything I have learned today. They tackled any project head on and encouraged employees to do the same, specifically learn Everything....