JBS Employee Reviews

Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Worthington, MNFebruary 24, 2017
I never forget these company because it is my first job in America so I like it is learn a lot things here like language, how work with team members
Pros
Some times
Cons
Normal break
Its a good work environment
Load planner/ billing clerk (Current Employee) –  Worthington, MNFebruary 21, 2017
It's a fast pace job have to be on your toes on what production is making. Work with all the produnion supervisor and product manager .work with shag service and truckers calling for their loads .
Cons
Some times no brake. Becouse of how bussy the loading dock gets
Busy but relaxing at the same time
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 10, 2017
I would log onto my computer to help Verizon Wireless customer online with troubleshooting on their cell phones. I work in a chat room and could listen to my music of choice with my headphones while helping customers. Management was awesome and very knowledgeable. They taught me how to accept criticism and apply it in ways to better my skills. The hardest part of my job to keep track of the conversations I was having so I don't relay the wrong information to a different customer. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the freedom to listen to music and get in my own zone to do my job.
Pros
Nice lunch area and great hours
Cons
Transportation issues at that time getting to work so early with no busses or vehicle
Horrible environment for everyone
Electrical Controls Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZFebruary 10, 2017
JBS is by far the worst company I have ever worked with. The availability requirements placed upon both hourly and salaried employees is draconian and in essence says, "your family had a good run but that's all over now". That, in addition to their disregard to employee health and safety make this the kind of place a perfect fit for people coming to the country looking for a job that falls just short of the sweat shops they came from in Mexico. And, once there locks them in through intimidation and fear of deportation.
Pros
Cons
smell and feel of death and despair .
Friendly hourlys
Assistant Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MIFebruary 9, 2017
Your upper management very friendly but your front supervisor's very rude. I did not learn anything new that I already didn't know.
Pros
Free lunch tickets, Ribeyes for departments for appreciation
Cons
Short breaks, rude nurse, medical services not too great, hard to get a day off if needing to do so in advance, long hours
Production supervisor
Production supervisor (Current Employee) –  JBS ottumwaFebruary 8, 2017
Started there as a mechanic,after a year and 2 days I was promoted to Production Supervisor. I had the experience,training,and drive to achieve this move. A lot of people doubted I could do it,the Nay sayers,they spoke A lot of negative things to my back but not my face. Then they tried to do what I did saying "anyone can get a blue hat if a mechanic can do it,their giving them to anybody." these people didn't make the cut. If your driven,motivated,if you push yourself to do your best,and go to work every day,then this company WILL see that and recognize you for it. You get out what you put in, nothing more nothing less. Go into it with high expectations and settle for nothing less, then that is what you will get.
Pros
Steady paycheck, insurance, trade skills, vast opportunity, knowledge
Hard work but paid weekly
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 7, 2017
It was physically stressful but it was good hours and the pay is decent. The working environment is usually extreme hits and colds because of the meat packing industry.
only work here if you have no where else to go
Fork lift driver (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAFebruary 7, 2017
newly purchased company .have lost approximately 600 employees.only thing that matters is profit.non exisitent benifits except medical.
Cons
lots of hours, works around union
Hard workers
Hyde Stacker (Former Employee) –  Hyrum, UTFebruary 5, 2017
Constant hard labor which required lifting and pulling heavy cow hydes soaked in salt water. Very physically demanding and rigorous work. Had a great group of co-workers that were selfless and always willing to help out if you ever needed it. people were great despite the physical demands that were required every day. They made the day go by quick and worth every minute.
Pros
physically demanding
Cons
salt stings
Interesting place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 1, 2017
A great place to work if you have an interest in protein processing. Fast paced and engaging most of the time. Have enjoyed it this far. Would recommend it.
Trimmer
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 30, 2017
Working in a meat plant is not so bad. You get to meet new people from around the world. It a fast paste environment. Very good pay but hard work. Would definitely go back
Good company to work for
Picker (Current Employee) –  Souderton, PAJanuary 30, 2017
JBS is good to work for as they are very busy and the workflow helps the day move fast. They offer job stability. They have multiple shifts and jobs to choose from if you want to move around the company
benefits
Cons
union
Fun place to have worked
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 30, 2017
Loved the people close to home great hours . Stayed busy learned how to balance more then one thing . Always there if you needed help
Pros
Great people
Cons
Had to leave
Floater (Former Employee) –  Cactus, TXJanuary 26, 2017
It was a good place as my first place of employment and was able to obtain the majority of my harvest experience at JBS. I was given the opportunity and was able to learn 5 jobs in a very short time frame.
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
Can a billion dollar company really be sold, and have a smooth transition without having winners and losers?
Safety meeting Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJanuary 26, 2017
With that in mind, I have nothing bad to say.
I left with the feeling that JBS now has some of the most wonderful people any employer could have. I wish them all great success and well being.
Productive and a place to move up if wanted to.
Ham skinner (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJanuary 25, 2017
Work at a fast pace skinning ham, about 6 hams a minute. Hardest part of the job was pulling the hams from the side and standing in the same spot for 8 to 12 hours
It's was a productive workplace and a good environment to be in.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cactus, TXJanuary 24, 2017
I worked in the Clod line and I'm the coolers. I worked with knifes and cutting frozen pieces of meat as well as storing fresh body's of meat in the freezers
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks, and hard labor
Great place to be a meat cutter
Ribber (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 23, 2017
If you love the art of meat cutting then this is the perfect job to express your talent. This company teaches you the skill and if you are already experienced it gives you a chance at expertise.
Great place wit great friends
Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 22, 2017
Great little place anytime day or night wait staff always super friendly upbeat and jus a whole lotta fun!! I was blessed to have a great boss make a lot of great money and find myself a few really great best friends plus all the absolutely wonderful and cherishes memories in which I will honestly Charish for the rest o my life!! 😘
Good working place good care
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 22, 2017
Working at jbs swift Co for 22 years I loved my job and the employees my managers. . But start working almost from dark to dark 6 days a week. With less pay. Start looking for new life
Cons
Health care and good hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JBS. Our community is ready to answer.