JBS

JBS Employer Reviews

Did work on alot Machines
Electrician (Former Employee), Worthington, MNJanuary 17, 2014
Work a lot of hours and pay was really good but not likely to ever be on first shift. Worked on a lot of machines and electrical trouble shooting on a daily bases.
should not be in america
driver (Former Employee), coloDecember 31, 2013
Cons: all
Go back home none all bad.. treated badly I am a ex combat vet.
Licensed Practical Nurse/Occupational Health Nurse (Current Employee), Plainwell, MIOctober 15, 2013
great place to work with great benefits diverse workforce fast paced
For the most part grateful for the position.
Packaging Coordinator (Current Employee), Grand Island, NEOctober 9, 2013
Rarely ever quiet. Have learned Excel, SAP & Management skills.Most are descent to work with.Get along with all of my co-workers, all good people. Knowing from day to day needs of packaging supplies. Just interacting with most people if it be vendors co-workers and sometimes management.
never a dull moment
management (Former Employee), Cactus, TXOctober 9, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: long hours
challenging
new leadership
not enough teamwork
no free lunch
strip bonner (Former Employee), Greeley, COOctober 6, 2013
Pros: no free lunch just i cooked my lunch when i work here in my current workplace.
Cons: i have breaks and health care
In my work place just i enjoy with my co-workers. my friends are good and they do their job properly, five days a week some times when hollydays are on working day we work on saturday the management things are good run peacefully the hardest part of the job is the whole day some times we use hammers and knife , but the only problem is that the salary is less according to what i deed in the company .
Outlier
Area Coordinator (Former Employee), Appleton, WISeptember 20, 2013
Pros: met lots of people. ideologically satisfying. looked good.
Cons: not technical. sales oriented.
This is my one and only job as a suit. I looked good, too. I drove around Oklahoma and North Texas representing this organization. Ultimately, I was not suited to the work. The job was essentially an ideologically-oriented salesman. I'm a tech not a sales guy.
Good pay and benefits from bad company
Waste Water Mechanic (Former Employee), Marshalltown, IASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: bad company to work for.
Go ahead and work at JBS they have great diversity in there work force and pay well and have great benefits but as maintenance you work 7 days a week and i got no breaks and was told i could have to work up to twelves each day with no notice. And working second shift that only gives you before work to get anything done and they are not understanding at all if your late and you buy your uniforms there and they over charge you and they over charge you in the cafeteria so !!WATCH YOUR PAY STUBS!! closely. They are 99% union and the union dues arent expensive but the reps dont seem to care and never help.
it is ok
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 28, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: it is ok
just watching client sleep all night. weekend 8am to 8pm- worked with client deaf and blind which it hard work wtih client.
jbs
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Souderton, PAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: learn many types of equipment
Cons: lacks the proper number of maintenance personal per shift
jbs was not a bad place to work . my daily job was to do preventative Maintenance & repair any break downs that may occur.
I wouldn't do it
Buyer (Former Employee), Louisville KYJuly 9, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: where do i begin?
You never know what you will encounter when you come to work. The plant is old and is in desperate need of repair. It is a wonder that the USDA hasn't shut the place down. I don't know what that says about the USDA. I have never worked for a more unorganized company in my career; they will work you for hours on end until you make a mistake and then they fire you. The pay is decent if you are a supervisor in operations; if you are in procurement they will not pay you according to the amount of work you are given. The humane handling department is a joke; especially if you have livestock experience (for they do not!) Good luck to you if you so decide to take a job with this joke of a packing plant.
Great stable place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee), Seaford, DEJune 24, 2013
Pros: interacting with drivers and customers. making sure my customers are satisfied.
Cons: my only complaint would be the long hours.
Work day begins at 3 am and runs until 3 pm. Therefore the stablity is good. I have learned about time management, weighing trucks, dispatching. I process payroll. I also interact with customers to assist with their needs. I use MS Excel and Word on and everyday basis. I have been able to imporove on my MS Office skills. The hardest part of the job is the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with my customers.
High stress with upper management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Greeley corporate officeJune 1, 2013
Pros: best salid bar ever in the on sight cafe.
Cons: no personal customer communication.
Computer work filing, answering the phones for all 10 sales associates. Some order entry for beef.
I learned different navigational areas of the computer.
Management was engaged with staff.
Coworkers were pleasant and helpful.
Hardest part was leaving - Laid off
Most enjoyable part was learning something different as retail, that is what I have done for 26 years. It was exciting..
An isolated environment concentrated on one sector of American life.
Coordinator II/Feed Mill Clerk (Former Employee), Tuscumbia, ALMay 14, 2013
Pros: some flexibility
Cons: rural setting
After living for 14 years in a soon-to-be metropolitan area, to move back to my "hometown area" in general was tough. On the job was very refreshing at first, as I enjoy helping people achieve and to do better for themselves. I was not prepared for the level of the illiteracy in the general area as I helped out in the hiring process. I also did not expect some of my co-workers to not be close-minded and uneducated. These things made the job more difficult than it had to be at times, but at the same time it often afforded me the opportunity to help someone understand something or show them a different way of doing things. This was helpful on the production floor and in the administrative setting.
fun people to work with
QA (Current Employee), Cactus, TXApril 18, 2013
Hours varied from 32-40 hours. Management support would only receive 7.8 hours a day. I learned how to communicate with others and lead them to become better qa's. The hardest part of my job is getting people to come to work everyday. The most think I enjoy is learning new things, and hearing when the customer is happy
Zero employee loyalty
Packer (Former Employee), Hyrum, UtahApril 2, 2013
Pros: not a single pro
Cons: horrible employee loyalty
The great people of JBS are a bunch of lowlifes. A great man who has worked at millers packing(NOW JBS) for 40 years was just let go because they said his job had become "obsolete". He was a the service manager and he basically ran the place... I met this guy after I had applied for his job yesterday that they had supposedly "done away with". When I showed him the the ad for the job he was totally heart broken. He feels abandoned at 62 to have to go off and apply for jobs. A company that treats our elders like that should be ashamed and don't deserve to exist.
Very confusing company
Company Driver (Former Employee), Greeley, COMarch 16, 2013
Jbs management is confused at managing there trucks. They dont get drivers home ontime, and they are good at screwing up drivers pay checks
Sho
Shanker (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEMarch 12, 2013
Pros: short days
Cons: short brakes, not enough time for luch or breaks
We usually have to be earlier down in the floor to get ready with all of our equipment ready. they dont treat people right they always yelling at people, and always short with people. Sometim,es supervisor were fun but most of the time they are mad with everyone.
High stress and demanding work place
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee), Greeley, COMarch 7, 2013
Pros: learn a lot about new equipment.
Cons: pay is not equal with responsibility
my shop day begins at 1200 - 0830
we check log of the prior day. Supervisor leaves paperwork that includes task for the night. along with these tasks, we are to perform corrective action for maint. shop. We also prepare equipment that we are responsible for, for starting the production day.
descriment
Laborer (Former Employee), Marshalltown, IAMarch 6, 2013
got treat like a second citizen , assemble line work.run a saw,worked at a fast paste.