JBS Employee Reviews in United States

Hard place to work for, the company morale is terrible.
Quality Assurance utility technician (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAFebruary 13, 2016
Try to get through everyday at a company where upper management can't make a decision on how to deal with product or issues. A company that has no regard for employees well being. Communication is the worst I've ever dealt with in any company I've worked for. If people and corners can be cut to make an extra dollar then they will take it. The only thing enjoyable is the paycheck.
Great company to work for with a great owner.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 23, 2016
This company is a privately owned installation company and I only worked there for a short period of time.During the time I worked there I really enjoyed it.The atmosphere and freedom was great.I was a supervisor who ran a team of seven installation associates.I helped when needed in installing difficult projects and also performed daily audits etc.I also built route sheets and did office things for the owner of the company.
Pros
Free gas, food, breaks were good and pay was good aswell.
Cons
no benefits.
JBS Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Coordinated closely with the quality control regarding products awaiting dispositions. Maintained and enforced a safe and clean working environment at all times. Supervised production schedules, production quality and on time delivery.
JBS was a strong company but is setting its self up for failure
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Work at JBS is usually pretty routine,train your production workers right and the days fly by.Learned alot about beef and pork fabrication and yields.In the start of my career Management was very STRONG and was set out to be the best.In my last 2 months saw Management become weak.No HR support for Supervisors.About 80 percent of the production workers were great to work with and train,they made my job worth it when times werent soo routine.The hardest part of the job was dealing with the different personalities while having NO HR support.The best job was knowing Yields ,production numbers and safety were all achieved at the end of each shift
Pros
Paid salary
Cons
Too many hours at work, no family time
Very progressive company that values their employees.
Retail Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 17, 2016
JBS has been a great company to work for. They are very progressive and take great pride in their people and truly treat them as an assett.
Pros
Great Pay and benefits.
we traveled alot
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXJanuary 9, 2016
fast paced, long hours, installing big top buildings.
my boss was great to work for.
I became friends with most of the guys I worked with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
No health care no benifits
Very strict
scaler (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJanuary 3, 2016
JBS bought out Cargill. They came in limited our bathroom time. They want us to use our breaks to go to the bathroom. The second week they enforced their " no cell phone policy on the floor" they pocket searched me and tried to write me up. Things are said to get worse.
Pros
No work on Sundays
Cons
Doing away with jobs
its a good place to work at
Mixer (Current Employee) –  Commerce, GADecember 7, 2015
I think that all company's has a place to improve in they are all not perfect they are learning every day I learn a lot from the people I work with and skill learning every day.
Pros
I love my job I just want to better myself
Cons
don't have any
a typical day at work
Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Elberton, GANovember 30, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Learned a lot
combo set up (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MINovember 16, 2015
It was a lot of decent training and this is where I learned to multi task the best, I was a hilo driver, weighed and cut meat, also a lot of paperwork and organization was a must however, they need to be fair and treat their people better
Productive and fun place to work
Maintenance Technician/ Forklift/Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MINovember 8, 2015
There was a lot of variety in what I did each day. If you enjoy doing hands on work, JBS might be a place for you work. Make sure you dress warm because its a refrigerated facility. Supervisors are understanding and will work with you no matter what. Make sure you ask questions or confront the guys in grey,blue and green hard hats. You will never go wrong
about me
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MIOctober 29, 2015
when I worked for west side beer I was a picker and a fork lift drive and I crash up can and when I got done they went in to a machine and came out a box of can then I got the fork lift a diver them into a truck , I load up trucks with beer and vans
Amazing Company
Beef Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 22, 2015
Very fast paced environment. Management could work harder to give recognition for achievements, and less focus on mistakes, however, this is a very great company to grow with. Co-workers are great, and the culture is wonderful. I am just seeking to continue to grow.
This was a new experience and job field for me, and it was a great experience.
Sales Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MIOctober 8, 2015
The days were long, but never boring. I enjoyed the ladies and gentlemen that I worked with on a daily basis. I sometimes wish that I had taken the transfer to Colorado, but still, I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great pay and benefits package and great people to work with.
Cons
Long ours in an office. I much more prefer to work outdoors.
To much office politics
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 30, 2015
Poor management, no chance for advancement, not open to suggestions for improving processes, office politics, slap in the face raises. Poor training, for all these reasons there is a high turn over.
Pros
Nice lake to walk on breaks, event perks
Cons
Office politics, no chance for advancement
hard work
Picker/Loader (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 22, 2015
its a hard working job with good hours at times. you never know when your getting done if you work 2nd shift. its a good experience though and it can move you up to better jobs.
Pros
hours, breaks
Cons
pay
Hard worker
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Cactus, TXSeptember 14, 2015
productive and work was fun others employees. Im a hard working person. I'm looking for jobs that I can provide a company with productivity
Pros
regular break time
Cons
same as above
work hours
Forklift Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cactus, TXSeptember 7, 2015
Many working hours but have a lot of Upper management that are new and give conflicting orders. Many times there is no communication among each other.
You will leave with Carpel Tunnel and arthritis...
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MichiganAugust 15, 2015
Fab, is cold. You start at 6am. And your breaks are suppose to be 15 mins, but with taking off gear and such normally leads to only about a 7-9 min break if your lucky.
Basically you become good with a knife really quickly. Also figured I would add, the management is TERRIBLE. Went through 4 supervisors on 1 line in 6 months.
The hardest part of the job is getting use to not being able to make a fist, hold onto a inch/inch and a half wide pipe and thats the first you can make.

The only enjoyable part is they do work with you, because it is a union. So its hard to get fired. But between working 55 hours a week and the horrible breaks you almost want to quit...
Pros
Union
Cons
short breaks, expensive health care and food.
Company at the time I worked there didnt care to much for their employees, I ve heard all that has changed.
Coolers Auditor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CO.August 14, 2015
Management didn't care to much for their employees, the employee advancement would always be on caompanys best interests, since I left I heard ex-coworkers conversations on how much all that had changed for the best, I hope it has, work is very hard in the beef slaughter business.
Pros
Low-medium wages.
Cons
Managment.