JBT Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

buyer
buyer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 5, 2016
I would not even rate this company with a star but was required. This job position in Riverside is a revolving door. Management skills are poor with ever changing processes and no SOP. If you don't mind being micro managed, directed by a sales guy, told who to buy from at a higher cost and then tell you are not reducing costs as they can't determine results from ppv then this is the job for you.
Pros
Cons
lots
Terrible Terrible Terrible
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
The only good thing about this job is the days
If you are friends with the managers or ops2 you have a 100% chance of moving up it don't matter if you know your job or not. The management will tell you lies to save they own button when they did something wrong this bmu is terrible only a handful of people will show you certain things. Well that's after you get hurt or someone gets hurt.
Pros
Cons
Extreme favoritism. No training. Hard work doesn't pay off here
Productive and fun place to work
HR ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 1, 2016
Great place to work if you want to learn about citrus. The building is very welcoming and so is the staff. The upper management is very nice and loves to build their staff.
Pros
staff friendly
Cons
temp status
Company will only will work with you if it benefits them.
MRT (Current Employee) –  Houston,TXJuly 7, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of answering trouble calls on bridges, pca's and conveyor belts. Co-workers are ok depending what shift you worked on. The hardest part of the job was dealing with veteran co-workers who been there longer and know about the equipment whereas being the new guy with the skills but not having the experience. Alot of politics come into play where the manager and lead are fishing buddies all the way to a kind of racial syndicate (15 whites in top paying positions, 3 hispanics as general maintenance, 4 blacks one on each shift if possible, there were 4 shifts) Management sucks, they are not willing to work with schedules unless it will benefit them and if you are trying to make yourself more marketable;i.e. going to school, renewing of licenses, continuing education for jetbridges.etc that kind of action is frowned upon. Rather than help they would rather tear down your character and give bad reports to other sites to keep you where you are.Thats just what I see on a daily basis and I've been there for 2yrs now. it is what it is
Pros
good days off, learn alot
Cons
politics, no advancement unless the lead tells the manager its ok, bad benefits, no communication, racial syndicate
Not enjoyable
Cost Accountant for Shared Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 22, 2015
Work life balance is not there. Monthly closing difficult with vague targets. Training is provided. Company growth goals are admirable.
Cons
Health Ins is poor
JBT Corp.
TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Chalfont Pa.May 27, 2015
Cutting edge technology in automation material handling.
Every day brought new challenges, it was never boring, always exploring new ideas, and breaking new ground in automated fork lift trucks.
ISO Quality system improved processes and repeatability.
I really enjoyed working on the equipment, the technology, and the computer applications and software we worked with.
Small shop with radio playing music to work by.
working on small stuff to great big stuff, carrying 30000 lbs.
Pros
high tech equipment, pride in workmanship and quality
Cons
room for improvement, needed more space to handle volume
Work place unfair
Hvac tech (Current Employee) –  DfwSeptember 2, 2015
If you a smart mouth with upper level so your job is easy and mostly all service tech get in to with JBT most of them they're apprentice tech doen't know how to repair,put a lot pressures on the seniors tech with different skin color
Needs Senior Management Overhaul
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2013
JBT Corporation lost their morales since the years of being under the FMC Technologies umbrella.
As an ex-mid level manager I found it difficult to perform my daily duties as defined by the companies SOP. It was common for all processes to get thrown out the window to prevent potential late delivery penalty clauses from being enforced due to customer late deliveries. This usually resulted in an increase in rework at the customers location which gives the company name and work force a bad image at the poor decisions by upper management to make an extra buck.
Hourly employees at least within the Orlando facility were commonly forced to take vacation when work wasn't available and in some cases reduced from 40 to 32 hours a week without notice. Hourly employees could the very next week be told to work 7 days straight to get product out the door - employees would work to pay the bills but would lack motivation knowing the work they are being asked to perform is not realistic with the short time requirements.
Hourly and salaried employees are used as the scapegoat for the quality issues. This has been the case within the Orlando facility for 5 years now.
401k is top notch. They match 5%. Compensation for mid level management and below is sub standard in the Orlando facility. n other areas where manufacturing is more predominant salaries are more competitive. Bonus plans have spread but are still lacking amongst the management group. If you are a mid level manager don't count on getting a substantial bonus (5%). I. Upper management provides routine feeding for the work force and cheap
  more... tshirts with tacky quality slogans. Don't be fooled.
The work force thrives on common knowledge and shortcuts. Depending upon where you work, you may be a gopher or you may be able to really perform.
This may be a good starter job but tread lightly.
Pros
frequent feedings, good 401k
Cons
terrible upper management, poor quality philosophy, low motivation and poor conept of quality, lack of personal touch with employees
Great place for an engineer early in their career
Field Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chalfont, PAJanuary 27, 2014
To work for this company is a great opportunity for a young aspiring engineer. You will travel about 80% of the time, all over the United States and sometimes, around the world. You will also have the opportunity to work with a very interesting technology that tests your skills as an engineer almost every day. From debug to design, to programming, you will do it all and become proficient at it. The only issues are that once you become good at this job, you never get time at home. You will be traveling almost 10 months out of the year with little breaks and long hours even on the weekend. Its ok as an engineer to work long hours and on the weekend and is expected, but eventually you want a more stable lifestyle where the travel isn't as much. As a whole, this is a great company with great people who work there and I highly recommend it.
Pros
lots of experience working with real world systems.
Cons
incredible amount of travel is required
Work your life away while being bossed around all day
welder (Former Employee) –  Sandusky OhioApril 24, 2015
They over work you, management is so terrible! They ask for your (shop floor) opinions to help the company and then just turn their backs on you. Would not work around my school schedule so they let me go even though I was working my way up into engineering. They Dont care one bit.
Cons
management, expensive healthcare
Contract to Hire position through Tek Systems
IT Technician/PC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chalfont, PAAugust 16, 2012
On a typical day, I would load PCs/laptops with Windows 7 images which I built (including additional required software), as well as assist on-site users with computer, software and printer issues.

Some of the things I learned include imaging using MDT, further use of Active Directory, including creating new user accounts, and installation/configuration of SQL Server 2005 & 2008.

Management was pretty much hands-off once my training was completed. I got along well with all co-workers, especially those with whom I interacted on a regular basis.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with post-installation SQL issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom I had to work on my own and set up/manage computer inventory the way I wanted.
Pros
learned new things, close to home, manageable hours
Cons
shortage of work in the summer led to my not being hired full-time
Getting to know the world through my job
International Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 7, 2014
A day at my former job would board a plane to one or multiple customers outside of the US. I learned extensively how to work with people and their cultures. I managed our inventory of spare parts at each customer's site. I worked exclusively by myself in foreign countries, but had co-workers back in Lakeland at our home office They are still great friends today. The hardest part of the job was to be gone many days from my wife and family. The most enjoyable was seeing the world (34) countries and learning about their cultures.
Pros
using my second language (spanish) on my job
Cons
healthcare was very expensive
Hard working
Work Order Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXMay 3, 2015
JBT is a company full of hardworking people that have an emphasis on safety in the workplace. There is no shortage of help from anyone. Management is helpful in many ways.
Worst job Ive ever had
welder fabricaitor / assembly / machinest (Former Employee) –  Madera CaSeptember 4, 2013
Temp with full time options. Was lied to right off the bat they will not hire you unless someone quits or retires. I got along with most of the people there but most of the old timers pay no attention to safety and no matter how hard you work you are wrong about everything and your the problem with production at least that's what they tell management. I worked at jbt through placement pros and can tell you if you love big money and like to work 7 days a week 10 hr days and on holidays you may like it here. They are in no way family friendly I watched management take vacation from guys the day before they were going to leave on big trips they where told if you don't show up the next day don't bother coming back just to flex management muscles then hear them laughing about it later. JBT is 100% about getting more money from customers every year without hiring the need help to do so on top of running machines that are older than Abe Lincoln with no upgrades in sight. Ask anyone that's working on the floor that's been there 20 years they will tell you the truth of the wicked so to speak. I will never go back to this place of employment. I urge you to not make the same mistake I did.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything you can think of
Productive environment
Industrial - Facilities Engineer & Lean Champion (Current Employee) –  Lakeland FLFebruary 28, 2015
Good opportunity for learning all phases of multiple projects and develop new skills. Challenges and opportunities are available on a daily basis.
A good start for a Software Engineer
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chalfont, PAApril 30, 2013
Very fast pace.
Challenging and stimulating for an Engineer
In this environment, customer service is foremost.
Airport Maintenance
Electrical Maintenance Mechanical II (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 16, 2012
Lot of mgmt issues. The maintenance position was ok. Repairs & other issues were very tiresome.
great job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2012
Great training of Jet Bridges,Airport Grounds,belt maintenence,TSA baggage systems
Pros
insurance