JBT Corporation Employee Reviews

JBT Corp.
TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee), Chalfont Pa.May 27, 2015
Pros: high tech equipment, pride in workmanship and quality
Cons: room for improvement, needed more space to handle volume
Cutting edge technology in automation material handling.
Every day brought new challenges, it was never boring, always exploring new ideas, and breaking new ground in automated fork lift trucks.
ISO Quality system improved processes and repeatability.
I really enjoyed working on the equipment, the technology, and the computer applications and software we worked with.
Small shop with radio playing music to work by.
working on small stuff to great big stuff, carrying 30000 lbs.
Hard working
Work Order Coordinator (Current Employee), DFW Airport, TXMay 3, 2015
JBT is a company full of hardworking people that have an emphasis on safety in the workplace. There is no shortage of help from anyone. Management is helpful in many ways.
Work your life away while being bossed around all day
welder (Former Employee), Sandusky OhioApril 24, 2015
Cons: management, expensive healthcare
They over work you, management is so terrible! They ask for your (shop floor) opinions to help the company and then just turn their backs on you. Would not work around my school schedule so they let me go even though I was working my way up into engineering. They Dont care one bit.
Productive environment
Industrial - Facilities Engineer & Lean Champion (Current Employee), Lakeland FLFebruary 28, 2015
Good opportunity for learning all phases of multiple projects and develop new skills. Challenges and opportunities are available on a daily basis.
Getting to know the world through my job
International Service Manager (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 7, 2014
Pros: using my second language (spanish) on my job
Cons: healthcare was very expensive
A day at my former job would board a plane to one or multiple customers outside of the US. I learned extensively how to work with people and their cultures. I managed our inventory of spare parts at each customer's site. I worked exclusively by myself in foreign countries, but had co-workers back in Lakeland at our home office They are still great friends today. The hardest part of the job was to be gone many days from my wife and family. The most enjoyable was seeing the world (34) countries and learning about their cultures.
Great place for an engineer early in their career
Field Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Chalfont, PAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: lots of experience working with real world systems.
Cons: incredible amount of travel is required
To work for this company is a great opportunity for a young aspiring engineer. You will travel about 80% of the time, all over the United States and sometimes, around the world. You will also have the opportunity to work with a very interesting technology that tests your skills as an engineer almost every day. From debug to design, to programming, you will do it all and become proficient at it. The only issues are that once you become good at this job, you never get time at home. You will be traveling almost 10 months out of the year with little breaks and long hours even on the weekend. Its ok as an engineer to work long hours and on the weekend and is expected, but eventually you want a more stable lifestyle where the travel isn't as much. As a whole, this is a great company with great people who work there and I highly recommend it.
Needs Senior Management Overhaul
Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2013
Pros: frequent feedings, good 401k
Cons: terrible upper management, poor quality philosophy, low motivation and poor conept of quality, lack of personal touch with employees
JBT Corporation lost their morales since the years of being under the FMC Technologies umbrella.
As an ex-mid level manager I found it difficult to perform my daily duties as defined by the companies SOP. It was common for all processes to get thrown out the window to prevent potential late delivery penalty clauses from being enforced due to customer late deliveries. This usually resulted in an increase in rework at the customers location which gives the company name and work force a bad image at the poor decisions by upper management to make an extra buck.
Hourly employees at least within the Orlando facility were commonly forced to take vacation when work wasn't available and in some cases reduced from 40 to 32 hours a week without notice. Hourly employees could the very next week be told to work 7 days straight to get product out the door - employees would work to pay the bills but would lack motivation knowing the work they are being asked to perform is not realistic with the short time requirements.
Hourly and salaried employees are used as the scapegoat for the quality issues. This has been the case within the Orlando facility for 5 years now.
401k is top notch. They match 5%. Compensation for mid level management and below is sub standard in the Orlando facility. n other areas where manufacturing is more predominant salaries are more competitive. Bonus plans have spread but are still lacking amongst the management group. If you are a mid level manager don't count on getting a substantial bonus (5%). I. Upper management provides routine feeding for the work force and cheap tshirts with tacky quality slogans. Don't be fooled.
The work force thrives on common knowledge and shortcuts. Depending upon where you work, you may be a gopher or you may be able to really perform.
This may be a good starter job but tread lightly.
Worst job Ive ever had
welder fabricaitor / assembly / machinest (Former Employee), Madera CaSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: everything you can think of
Temp with full time options. Was lied to right off the bat they will not hire you unless someone quits or retires. I got along with most of the people there but most of the old timers pay no attention to safety and no matter how hard you work you are wrong about everything and your the problem with production at least that's what they tell management. I worked at jbt through placement pros and can tell you if you love big money and like to work 7 days a week 10 hr days and on holidays you may like it here. They are in no way family friendly I watched management take vacation from guys the day before they were going to leave on big trips they where told if you don't show up the next day don't bother coming back just to flex management muscles then hear them laughing about it later. JBT is 100% about getting more money from customers every year without hiring the need help to do so on top of running machines that are older than Abe Lincoln with no upgrades in sight. Ask anyone that's working on the floor that's been there 20 years they will tell you the truth of the wicked so to speak. I will never go back to this place of employment. I urge you to not make the same mistake I did.
Company will only will work with you if it benefits them.
MRT (Current Employee), Houston,TXJuly 7, 2013
Pros: good days off, learn alot
Cons: politics, no advancement unless the lead tells the manager its ok, bad benefits, no communication, racial syndicate
A typical day at work consisted of answering trouble calls on bridges, pca's and conveyor belts. Co-workers are ok depending what shift you worked on. The hardest part of the job was dealing with veteran co-workers who been there longer and know about the equipment whereas being the new guy with the skills but not having the experience. Alot of politics come into play where the manager and lead are fishing buddies all the way to a kind of racial syndicate (15 whites in top paying positions, 3 hispanics as general maintenance, 4 blacks one on each shift if possible, there were 4 shifts) Management sucks, they are not willing to work with schedules unless it will benefit them and if you are trying to make yourself more marketable;i.e. going to school, renewing of licenses, continuing education for jetbridges.etc that kind of action is frowned upon. Rather than help they would rather tear down your character and give bad reports to other sites to keep you where you are.Thats just what I see on a daily basis and I've been there for 2yrs now. it is what it is
A good start for a Software Engineer
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Chalfont, PAApril 30, 2013
Very fast pace.
Challenging and stimulating for an Engineer
In this environment, customer service is foremost.
Airport Maintenance
Electrical Maintenance Mechanical II (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 16, 2012
Lot of mgmt issues. The maintenance position was ok. Repairs & other issues were very tiresome.
Contract to Hire position through Tek Systems
IT Technician/PC Coordinator (Former Employee), Chalfont, PAAugust 16, 2012
Pros: learned new things, close to home, manageable hours
Cons: shortage of work in the summer led to my not being hired full-time
On a typical day, I would load PCs/laptops with Windows 7 images which I built (including additional required software), as well as assist on-site users with computer, software and printer issues.

Some of the things I learned include imaging using MDT, further use of Active Directory, including creating new user accounts, and installation/configuration of SQL Server 2005 & 2008.

Management was pretty much hands-off once my training was completed. I got along well with all co-workers, especially those with whom I interacted on a regular basis.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with post-installation SQL issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom I had to work on my own and set up/manage computer inventory the way I wanted.
great job
Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2012
Pros: insurance
Great training of Jet Bridges,Airport Grounds,belt maintenence,TSA baggage systems