JBT Corporation Employee Reviews

worked in the weld shop
Welder (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 29, 2017
this place is a dump I worked there for 6 months I would never tell a friend to go there management sucks so bad the boss in the weld shop is a jerk a don't know how to weld
Pros
Cons
the place is a dump
Terrible Management and Leadership
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  dulles virginiaApril 11, 2017
It's all about the bosses bonus check at the expense of the employee. Poor leadership and supervision that is biased and full of favoritism based on ethnicity. HR dept. does not support their employees or deal with ANY issues in a timely manner! This place is pitiful, don't waste your time thinking you might fit in, they will lie to you. There's an underlying reason for the high turnover rate, it's called poor employee relations.
Pros
Cons
Read Statement Below.
Unfair Company
Jam Runner (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 27, 2017
Temperary job with full time options. Was lied to right off the bat they will not hire you unless someone quits or retires. When I got hired I resign from the other Job because they pay good.. after two weeks I owned the hole side by my self to do my job cause they already fired my trainer ( before he complete his periuods 90 days) at the same time they hired a new one and ask me to train him and show him the locations. (I'm still in trainig) how can I training some one else??. I accept that.. everyday I come on time, I do my job and I answer the radio. After all that they let me go.. why?? What is the reason??
I swear God I don't know..
Unique Mix
Senior Buyer III (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 23, 2017
Excellent Corporate Leadership coupled to unsupportive Local Management. Odd mix results in conflicting plans/requirements. Solid financials and market presence.
Pros
Solid support from Corporate Officers.
Cons
Local Managers pursue different plans.
Good Company
Welder (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 10, 2017
Been a welder here for 3 months. It's a union shop in a right to work state. The place is heated but not cooled. All tools and ppe are provided for, this includes a hood and leathers for welders. Because of the Union pay raises are like clockwork every year. Currently welders start at $19.91/hour. The weld test is an easy 3g groove with a backup bar. The downside is overtime. Seems like the managers will over compensate when behind schedule. They're expecting 18 hours of overtime this week. Hopefully they will start up a third shift. The place is stuck in the 80's. The machines and the music on repeat everyday. There's plans to get new welders in the next year or so. Can't say when the music will change.
Pros
All equipment provided. Overtime available.
Cons
Overtime mandatory at times.
Good working atmosphere
Sr. Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 18, 2016
JBT is a growing and financially strong company. It does favor corporate growth over employee relations but that is not uncharacteristic of larger corporations. The management is progressive and the general culture is friendly. It is easy to develop relationships with other employees. Job security is not a given at any point. Training within the organization is readily available and there is ample opportunity to expand your skills as well as generate new ones.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Little job security
Horrible place with no advancement
General Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2016
The days off are nice but the management have no idea what they are doing. They messed up multiple times on my payroll and had nothing to say about it. There is no advancement in the company and there are guys here that haven't seen a raise in 5 years and if you do get one its only 24 cents. I wouldn't recommend working for this company at all
Pros
3 1/2 days off and easy job aand money
Cons
No advancement, recognition or raises
buyer
buyer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 5, 2016
I would not even rate this company with a star but was required. This job position in Riverside is a revolving door. Management skills are poor with ever changing processes and no SOP. If you don't mind being micro managed, directed by a sales guy, told who to buy from at a higher cost and then tell you are not reducing costs as they can't determine results from ppv then this is the job for you.
Pros
Cons
lots
Terrible Terrible Terrible
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
The only good thing about this job is the days
If you are friends with the managers or ops2 you have a 100% chance of moving up it don't matter if you know your job or not. The management will tell you lies to save they own button when they did something wrong this bmu is terrible only a handful of people will show you certain things. Well that's after you get hurt or someone gets hurt.
Pros
Cons
Extreme favoritism. No training. Hard work doesn't pay off here
Productive and fun place to work
HR ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 1, 2016
Great place to work if you want to learn about citrus. The building is very welcoming and so is the staff. The upper management is very nice and loves to build their staff.
Pros
staff friendly
Cons
temp status
Not enjoyable
Cost Accountant for Shared Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 22, 2015
Work life balance is not there. Monthly closing difficult with vague targets. Training is provided. Company growth goals are admirable.
Cons
Health Ins is poor
Work place unfair
Hvac tech (Current Employee) –  DfwSeptember 2, 2015
If you a smart mouth with upper level so your job is easy and mostly all service tech get in to with JBT most of them they're apprentice tech doen't know how to repair,put a lot pressures on the seniors tech with different skin color
This is an "okay" place to work.
Manual Encoder (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 24, 2015
Very high turnover rate for almost all positions, unless you work in the offices( payroll, HR, etc.) Managers and supervisors were hard to communicate with, unless you were "friends". The only pro to this position, I feel, was the steady paycheck.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Sporadic break times for the amount of hours worked each day
JBT Corp.
TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Chalfont Pa.May 27, 2015
Cutting edge technology in automation material handling.
Every day brought new challenges, it was never boring, always exploring new ideas, and breaking new ground in automated fork lift trucks.
ISO Quality system improved processes and repeatability.
I really enjoyed working on the equipment, the technology, and the computer applications and software we worked with.
Small shop with radio playing music to work by.
working on small stuff to great big stuff, carrying 30000 lbs.
Pros
high tech equipment, pride in workmanship and quality
Cons
room for improvement, needed more space to handle volume
Hard working
Work Order Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXMay 3, 2015
JBT is a company full of hardworking people that have an emphasis on safety in the workplace. There is no shortage of help from anyone. Management is helpful in many ways.
Work your life away while being bossed around all day
welder (Former Employee) –  Sandusky OhioApril 24, 2015
They over work you, management is so terrible! They ask for your (shop floor) opinions to help the company and then just turn their backs on you. Would not work around my school schedule so they let me go even though I was working my way up into engineering. They Dont care one bit.
Cons
management, expensive healthcare
Productive environment
Industrial - Facilities Engineer & Lean Champion (Current Employee) –  Lakeland FLFebruary 28, 2015
Good opportunity for learning all phases of multiple projects and develop new skills. Challenges and opportunities are available on a daily basis.
Getting to know the world through my job
International Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 7, 2014
A day at my former job would board a plane to one or multiple customers outside of the US. I learned extensively how to work with people and their cultures. I managed our inventory of spare parts at each customer's site. I worked exclusively by myself in foreign countries, but had co-workers back in Lakeland at our home office They are still great friends today. The hardest part of the job was to be gone many days from my wife and family. The most enjoyable was seeing the world (34) countries and learning about their cultures.
Pros
Using my second language (Spanish) on my job
Cons
Healthcare was very expensive
Great place for an engineer early in their career
Field Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chalfont, PAJanuary 27, 2014
To work for this company is a great opportunity for a young aspiring engineer. You will travel about 80% of the time, all over the United States and sometimes, around the world. You will also have the opportunity to work with a very interesting technology that tests your skills as an engineer almost every day. From debug to design, to programming, you will do it all and become proficient at it. The only issues are that once you become good at this job, you never get time at home. You will be traveling almost 10 months out of the year with little breaks and long hours even on the weekend. Its ok as an engineer to work long hours and on the weekend and is expected, but eventually you want a more stable lifestyle where the travel isn't as much. As a whole, this is a great company with great people who work there and I highly recommend it.
Pros
Lots of experience working with real world systems.
Cons
Incredible amount of travel is required
Needs Senior Management Overhaul
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2013
JBT Corporation lost their morales since the years of being under the FMC Technologies umbrella.
As an ex-mid level manager I found it difficult to perform my daily duties as defined by the companies SOP. It was common for all processes to get thrown out the window to prevent potential late delivery penalty clauses from being enforced due to customer late deliveries. This usually resulted in an increase in rework at the customers location which gives the company name and work force a bad image at the poor decisions by upper management to make an extra buck.
Hourly employees at least within the Orlando facility were commonly forced to take vacation when work wasn't available and in some cases reduced from 40 to 32 hours a week without notice. Hourly employees could the very next week be told to work 7 days straight to get product out the door - employees would work to pay the bills but would lack motivation knowing the work they are being asked to perform is not realistic with the short time requirements.
Hourly and salaried employees are used as the scapegoat for the quality issues. This has been the case within the Orlando facility for 5 years now.
401k is top notch. They match 5%. Compensation for mid level management and below is sub standard in the Orlando facility. n other areas where manufacturing is more predominant salaries are more competitive. Bonus plans have spread but are still lacking amongst the management group. If you are a mid level manager don't count on getting a substantial bonus (5%). I. Upper management provides routine feeding for the work force
  more... and cheap tshirts with tacky quality slogans. Don't be fooled.
The work force thrives on common knowledge and shortcuts. Depending upon where you work, you may be a gopher or you may be able to really perform.
This may be a good starter job but tread lightly.
Pros
Frequent feedings, good 401k
Cons
Terrible upper management, poor quality philosophy, low motivation and poor conept of quality, lack of personal touch with employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JBT Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4