JCB Employee Reviews

at times things were very unorganized throughout the plant but when it all came together it was very productive and fun place to work
painter 1 powder (Former Employee), pooler GaApril 20, 2015
Pros: had a wonderful cafateria, with excellent food, benifits, and 401k, were nice and every christmas they gave us a wonderful traditional meal really good food there, they have professional chefs
Cons: just the heat, and sometimes the unorganized skills, of our group and team leads but that was just on occasions not an everyday thing
Generally productive and fast paced days were long and very hot for the powder coaters as the heat from the curing ovens backed up into the powder booths at times exceeding 116 degrees but we always gave 100% .. learned a lot about pre treatment of metal before coating and the use of E-coating a dipping process used .. management was typically well organized but as in all manufacturing we had our bad days .. hardest part of the job would be the heat in the powder coating area the suits were positive air flow suits to keep powder out so your head was cool but that was just not enough at times .. most enjoyable when quotas were met and rework was low and the parts you painted that day all made it to the assembly line .. so in short it was A nice place to work
work place
Painter (Former Employee), Pooler ga.March 11, 2015
work place is ok..a lot of overtime on the back end the management/place in the office is not good at all. The manager on the floor is great people that will work with . i learned how to paint better,tap up and untap. Hardest part is when you work all them hours they will still try to through you under the bus..people in the office dont care of bout
Productive place to work for a lot of fun activities throughout the year
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), Pooler, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Fast paced environment,
A lot to learn
Great people all coworkers in general
Best job I ever had
Endurance Test Operator (Former Employee), Pooler, GASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: fun job
Cons: 8 hours straight put strain on body.
Operated prototype skidsteers in sample environments and put machines through rigorous exercises to monitor wear and tear on mechanical points. Also tested prototype components on machines before they were released to the customers. Really enjoyed co-workers, and only bad part was being in a skidsteer for 8 hours straight.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Pooler, GAApril 28, 2014
nothing really to tell you just you work long hours, you work most sat and sun
JCB has a high turnover rate for a reason
assembly team member (Current Employee), Pooler, GAApril 24, 2014
Pros: $50 credit towards safety shoes. healthcare
Cons: un safe work environement, little to no opportunity for advancement.
First off I had never heard of daily mandatory overtime until I hired on at JCB. I am made to work 12 hrs a day 6-7 days a week with little to no notice. I have been at JCB for 1.5 years and have had no opportunity at all for advancement. I was in HR a week ago and learned that I would have to wait another 2 years for an evaluation. The list of constant injustices is endless.
Fun and productive place to work.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Pooler, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: co-workers, benefits
Cons: production level
It is a good place to work when production is up. The pay is pretty far for the work. The older guys in the workplace are very cool and are willing to help out the new, younger guys.
Love working with the People
Assembly Technician (Current Employee), Pooler, GAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: can't use your vacation time, the way you want to..
typical day at work, I have to make sure me, and my team have all the parts that we need to make the day a successful one..

I've learned that you are working with different personalities, so you have to treat everyone with respect.

The management are great to work for.

My co-workers are great to work with.

The hardest part of the job, is knowing if the order we are running will stay the same, or change at any moment.

Is when everything goes right and we complete our job at a hundred percent.
Cool place to work in the Savannah area
Production Assistant (Current Employee), Pooler, GAAugust 5, 2013
Good atmosphere to work in most of the time. I have enjoyed my time here at JCB. I have learned how to repair and do moderate maintenance on my Fathers skid steer if any problems arise. Before coming to work for this company I wasn't very mechanically inclined at all, but I have learned a lot. The managers that I have daily encounters with seem very helpful and understanding. I enjoy my co-workers the most I have in any job I have held. Maybe its just this down south hospitality but they seem very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job are coincidentally the same thing... the many hours. I love the hours because I love the rewards it brings but every once in awhile it starts to tire me out when I have a busy month at home.
Company is Horrible!!!
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee), Pooler, GAMay 20, 2013
Pros: great health benefits
Cons: they treat you like dirt!
To them you are a number not a human.
They want more out of you and think you deserve nothing.
If you don't stinks up to the Team leaders and Group leaders they will try to get rid of you.
Go to work at 4:30 am don't be one minute late because they are very but about that. Get off at 2:07 pm because they won't let you leave your area til exactly 2:00 pm. but don't clock out at 2:08 pm because they won't pay you for that quarter. They change time on time sheet to fit their hours.
Solid work
Welder (Former Employee), Pooler, GAMay 9, 2013
Pros: good benifets and good rate of overtime
Cons: cheap equipment and you have to buy some of your tools.
As a welder for JCB, I was welding 95% of the day. The management for the fabrication department is fairly new, as I saw several people circulate. The hardest part of the job for me was the 20 minute lunch, as it took 5 minutes to walk one way through the factory to the lunch room.
very hard labor
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Pooler, GAApril 22, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: dont see your family
a day a jcb is very hard and challgeing from time to time. but it does pay pretty well but it comes with cost behind it, like you hardly ever see you family and it may put a string in your relationship because you are gone so much
alot of work
Assembler (Former Employee), Pooler, GAApril 13, 2013
there is a lot of work to do there but there is a lot of team work with coworkers
Assembly Team Member (Former Employee), Pooler, GAJanuary 8, 2013
Overall good place to work but the hours are long at times and there's no air conditioning.
Be prepared to not advance
Purchasing Administration Specialist (Former Employee), Pooler, GAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: great company product
Cons: lack of management
I worked for many departments, even though I was primarily based in Purchasing. The staff was great, but the lack of advancement had me looking for more stable grounds. Thus, I found myself starting my own company with friends of mine. There was little management, lots of tempers and great amounts of chiefs with no indians. In short, a powerful company with great product, but lack of stable managers.
hard working, good product. but dont feel secure enough i no there is changebut you work better feeling secure i think.
assembly engin componant fitting. (Current Employee), rocester .January 20, 2012
Pros: lunch is fine dont mind paying
Cons: hours are ok being long
as i say u need marral to come back to the work space so there is work efficiancy and trust, instead of doubt all the time els the job is fine i have worked cheadle building arms and quickhiches was for 5 years.