JCB Employee Reviews

Productive at times, great benefits, most of the leads are very young with little to no experiance or knowlege of the product
Heavy Equipment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  pooler georgiaSeptember 17, 2015
JCB is a good company to work for at times. Very high demands with little to planning. no steady flow of parts. Ran by HR so you really have no say so.
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative Snelling Personnel (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GASeptember 7, 2015
The typical work day went fast. As a Customer Representative in the Parts Department, I learned how to communicate with clients all over the world and ensuring their ordered parts would arrive on time. I produced tracking numbers to customers, faxes, learned how to utilize the Glink/Pickpro system that JCB utilizes, and performed major data entry for the parts department. Additionally, I kept a accurate documentary file system for the company. The supervisor was wonderful at allowing me to learn different aspects of the organization. The most enjoyable part of working with this construction equipment corporation was the vast diversity of people in the corporate office.
Pros
Quiet and relaxing working environment.
Cons
Only a temporary position.
productive
Cab installer (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GASeptember 3, 2015
trying to keep ahead of a moving line is an evryday challenge that i enjoyed, staff was friendly, management knew how to talk to to u, great benefits package, ahrdest part about the job was being told to just stand there for hours with nothing to do.
Pros
work environment
Cons
temp job
Safe and clean work envrionment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 2, 2015
Its an all-around excellent place, if you like building/ hands on kind of work. Its very clean and a very safe place to work. Management and organization is the ONLY problem there. In my 4 years with the company, I learned a lot, and got promoted through the company, so there is definentely a chance to grow. Raises come about every 6 months, and the benefits are excellent
Pros
Full Benefits(medical, dental, 401k, etc)
Cons
Management/organization
hard work
mig welder (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJune 17, 2015
a typical day at work is just making sure thing get done an done the right way. sometimes you might need your co-workers or you might need them
at times things were very unorganized throughout the plant but when it all came together it was very productive and fun place to work
painter 1 powder (Former Employee) –  pooler GaApril 20, 2015
Generally productive and fast paced days were long and very hot for the powder coaters as the heat from the curing ovens backed up into the powder booths at times exceeding 116 degrees but we always gave 100% .. learned a lot about pre treatment of metal before coating and the use of E-coating a dipping process used .. management was typically well organized but as in all manufacturing we had our bad days .. hardest part of the job would be the heat in the powder coating area the suits were positive air flow suits to keep powder out so your head was cool but that was just not enough at times .. most enjoyable when quotas were met and rework was low and the parts you painted that day all made it to the assembly line .. so in short it was A nice place to work
Pros
had a wonderful cafateria, with excellent food, benifits, and 401k, were nice and every christmas they gave us a wonderful traditional meal really good food there, they have professional chefs
Cons
just the heat, and sometimes the unorganized skills, of our group and team leads but that was just on occasions not an everyday thing
work place
Painter (Former Employee) –  Pooler ga.March 11, 2015
work place is ok..a lot of overtime on the back end the management/place in the office is not good at all. The manager on the floor is great people that will work with . i learned how to paint better,tap up and untap. Hardest part is when you work all them hours they will still try to through you under the bus..people in the office dont care of bout
Productive place to work for a lot of fun activities throughout the year
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Fast paced environment,
A lot to learn
Great people all coworkers in general
Best job I ever had
Endurance Test Operator (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GASeptember 29, 2014
Operated prototype skidsteers in sample environments and put machines through rigorous exercises to monitor wear and tear on mechanical points. Also tested prototype components on machines before they were released to the customers. Really enjoyed co-workers, and only bad part was being in a skidsteer for 8 hours straight.
Pros
fun job
Cons
8 hours straight put strain on body.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAApril 28, 2014
nothing really to tell you just you work long hours, you work most sat and sun
JCB has a high turnover rate for a reason
assembly team member (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAApril 24, 2014
First off I had never heard of daily mandatory overtime until I hired on at JCB. I am made to work 12 hrs a day 6-7 days a week with little to no notice. I have been at JCB for 1.5 years and have had no opportunity at all for advancement. I was in HR a week ago and learned that I would have to wait another 2 years for an evaluation. The list of constant injustices is endless.
Pros
$50 credit towards safety shoes. healthcare
Cons
un safe work environement, little to no opportunity for advancement.
Fun and productive place to work.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 13, 2014
It is a good place to work when production is up. The pay is pretty far for the work. The older guys in the workplace are very cool and are willing to help out the new, younger guys.
Pros
co-workers, benefits
Cons
production level
Love working with the People
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAOctober 22, 2013
typical day at work, I have to make sure me, and my team have all the parts that we need to make the day a successful one..

I've learned that you are working with different personalities, so you have to treat everyone with respect.

The management are great to work for.

My co-workers are great to work with.

The hardest part of the job, is knowing if the order we are running will stay the same, or change at any moment.

Is when everything goes right and we complete our job at a hundred percent.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
can't use your vacation time, the way you want to..
Cool place to work in the Savannah area
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 5, 2013
Good atmosphere to work in most of the time. I have enjoyed my time here at JCB. I have learned how to repair and do moderate maintenance on my Fathers skid steer if any problems arise. Before coming to work for this company I wasn't very mechanically inclined at all, but I have learned a lot. The managers that I have daily encounters with seem very helpful and understanding. I enjoy my co-workers the most I have in any job I have held. Maybe its just this down south hospitality but they seem very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job are coincidentally the same thing... the many hours. I love the hours because I love the rewards it brings but every once in awhile it starts to tire me out when I have a busy month at home.
Company is Horrible!!!
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 20, 2013
To them you are a number not a human.
They want more out of you and think you deserve nothing.
If you don't stinks up to the Team leaders and Group leaders they will try to get rid of you.
Go to work at 4:30 am don't be one minute late because they are very but about that. Get off at 2:07 pm because they won't let you leave your area til exactly 2:00 pm. but don't clock out at 2:08 pm because they won't pay you for that quarter. They change time on time sheet to fit their hours.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
they treat you like dirt!
Solid work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 9, 2013
As a welder for JCB, I was welding 95% of the day. The management for the fabrication department is fairly new, as I saw several people circulate. The hardest part of the job for me was the 20 minute lunch, as it took 5 minutes to walk one way through the factory to the lunch room.
Pros
good benifets and good rate of overtime
Cons
cheap equipment and you have to buy some of your tools.
very hard labor
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAApril 22, 2013
a day a jcb is very hard and challgeing from time to time. but it does pay pretty well but it comes with cost behind it, like you hardly ever see you family and it may put a string in your relationship because you are gone so much
Pros
good money
Cons
dont see your family
alot of work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAApril 13, 2013
there is a lot of work to do there but there is a lot of team work with coworkers
Assembly Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 8, 2013
Overall good place to work but the hours are long at times and there's no air conditioning.
Be prepared to not advance
Purchasing Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 21, 2012
I worked for many departments, even though I was primarily based in Purchasing. The staff was great, but the lack of advancement had me looking for more stable grounds. Thus, I found myself starting my own company with friends of mine. There was little management, lots of tempers and great amounts of chiefs with no indians. In short, a powerful company with great product, but lack of stable managers.
Pros
great company product
Cons
lack of management