JCC Employee Reviews

like a family
Membership Director Weinstein (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 22, 2017
great company to work for. great mission. open 7 days a week so depending on the job you have you may be responsible for staffing 7 days a week. great benefits. depending on your job as to whether there is a chance for upward movement.
Good for a high school student or college student
Certified teacher (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJSeptember 30, 2017
There are no benefits or discounts. There were no sick days. Any time off was unpaid.
There were no raises.
There wasn't notice if they decided you didn't need to come in. Notice was given while you were on your way.
kids made it fun and exciting
Kinder Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
The kids and the staff are great. I got sick and could not come to work for three days, I didn't know, even if you call, you can't miss three or more days or you will get fired. That is what I did not come nack to this job this summer.
Very easy going and fun
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 28, 2017
-get paid to play with kids
-the J is very relaxed and it's rarely busy there. Most of the time there are 3-5 workers watching 5-10 kids
-when kids aren't in the kid zone, it's acceptable to do homework, read, be on a phone, ext.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Can be very boring at times
Very productive and hands on.
Substitute Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tenafly, NJJune 26, 2017
A friendly work environment that allows not only the students to grow but the teachers grow as well with learning more about themselves and patiences.
After Care Counsler
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 17, 2017
Great place to work. I worked everyday right after class till 6 or 6:30 depending on the day. Everyone is nice and respectful, and no one is rude what so ever.
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJune 4, 2017
Taught college music courses in music theory and music history. This was a part time job but it was a great place to work. I really enjoyed the people and the students.
Exceptional Job Oppurtunity
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 8, 2017
Tremendous experience working at the Dave and Mary Alpers Jewish Community Center. Great culture. Well raised, very smart and outgoing campers. Motivated staff.
Summer job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702March 18, 2017
This was a good summer job. People were nice and the kids were for the most part not too spoiled. All in all it was pretty easy as we had numerous breaks throughout the day.
Fun and energetic workplace
FITNESS SERVICE ASSOCIATE/HOSPITALITY (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2017
Everyday working at the JCC, I learn about new things in the fitness world and how to help people lose weight and get into better shape. It's so nice to see all the happy people there working out and taking time for themselves.
great staff and management
Child care counselor (Current Employee) –  New City, NYNovember 9, 2016
great staff. all the counselors get along great. the manger wendy is fair and solves conflicts with staff ASAP.the kids are well behaved. the program offers a lot of activities
Stay away
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 17, 2016
I would not recommend working for this company. They are not employee friendly and do not feel any obligation towards you. Your work will never be enough.
Pros
gym
Cons
no regular breaks, none payed monthly staff meetings
Wonderful Enviroment
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2016
Hardworking and fast paced environment with ability to learn. Owners are very knowledgeable with real estate as well as HUD homes, foreclosures, and much more.
Summer Employment Only
MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Scotch Plains, NJJune 21, 2016
Summer Job worked with kids local to my house and it was a fun experience. My children at the time went to camp there as well.
I loved it
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYMarch 30, 2016
The environment here was so warm. Every day brought on a new challenge and I never enjoyed working somewhere more. If only I was still in high school so I could work here again.
Dynamic work place with a variety of social and community engagement opportunities
Senior Sports & Fitness Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 18, 2015
A typical day at the JCC starts with e-mail correspondence.
There after managing current programs. And finally researching new possibilities for upcoming events, classes or programming.

I've had the opportunity to learn event and business promotion; how to take an idea from its inception, generate interest and push revenue. I've learned a lot about systems management; how to streamline processes so they are less time consuming, more cost effective and customer friendly.

Management at the J is smooth sailing. I have a good relationship with my employers as well as my employees. I have a staff meeting every 6 months to review policy changes and new material. I am happy with my employees as long as there are no complaints and work is completed and that tends to be the case.

Co workers are interesting. Everyone is polite at work, I have been to a few work hosted events and spent time with my co-workers outside of work. mostly exercise related. I go running with a few of my co-workers.

The hardest part of working at the JCC is that every policy change must be agreed upon by multiple parties. When I see a problem that needs to be fixed I like to take initiative to fix it. That can be hard at the J.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of community. I'ts nice working at a place where co-workers and clients feels like extended family.
Great people and kids
Hebrew Language Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2015
I really enjoyed being part of this team. They were understanding and positive. They were dependable and supportive. Kudos.
productive and fun workplace
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bellmore, NYSeptember 4, 2015
Go to work at 8 am come back around 2-3 depending on the day and trips. Learned how to cooperate and get things done with others as well as leadership skills. Hardest part of the job as well as most enjoyable was getting to know the campers and their different backgrounds.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
no breaks
Working with kids
Kidzone Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHSeptember 3, 2015
Working with kids all the time is fun, but it can be a little much at times. Helping them grown and learn is very rewarding.
Pros
helping kids grow
Cons
no breaks, pay is not high enough
horrible
Sawgrass Elementary School (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 29, 2015
The managers take the kids sides for everything they tell us to send the kids to them when they are being bad, but when we send them to them thy send them right back to us with no disciplinary actions. Its horrible.
Pros
bad bad bad children
Cons
meet nice kids