JCC Employee Reviews

Stay away
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 17, 2016
I would not recommend working for this company. They are not employee friendly and do not feel any obligation towards you. Your work will never be enough.
Pros
gym
Cons
no regular breaks, none payed monthly staff meetings
Wonderful Enviroment
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2016
Hardworking and fast paced environment with ability to learn. Owners are very knowledgeable with real estate as well as HUD homes, foreclosures, and much more.
I loved it
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYMarch 30, 2016
The environment here was so warm. Every day brought on a new challenge and I never enjoyed working somewhere more. If only I was still in high school so I could work here again.
Dynamic work place with a variety of social and community engagement opportunities
Senior Sports & Fitness Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 18, 2015
A typical day at the JCC starts with e-mail correspondence.
There after managing current programs. And finally researching new possibilities for upcoming events, classes or programming.

I've had the opportunity to learn event and business promotion; how to take an idea from its inception, generate interest and push revenue. I've learned a lot about systems management; how to streamline processes so they are less time consuming, more cost effective and customer friendly.

Management at the J is smooth sailing. I have a good relationship with my employers as well as my employees. I have a staff meeting every 6 months to review policy changes and new material. I am happy with my employees as long as there are no complaints and work is completed and that tends to be the case.

Co workers are interesting. Everyone is polite at work, I have been to a few work hosted events and spent time with my co-workers outside of work. mostly exercise related. I go running with a few of my co-workers.

The hardest part of working at the JCC is that every policy change must be agreed upon by multiple parties. When I see a problem that needs to be fixed I like to take initiative to fix it. That can be hard at the J.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of community. I'ts nice working at a place where co-workers and clients feels like extended family.
Great people and kids
Hebrew Language Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2015
I really enjoyed being part of this team. They were understanding and positive. They were dependable and supportive. Kudos.
productive and fun workplace
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bellmore, NYSeptember 4, 2015
Go to work at 8 am come back around 2-3 depending on the day and trips. Learned how to cooperate and get things done with others as well as leadership skills. Hardest part of the job as well as most enjoyable was getting to know the campers and their different backgrounds.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
no breaks
Working with kids
Kidzone Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHSeptember 3, 2015
Working with kids all the time is fun, but it can be a little much at times. Helping them grown and learn is very rewarding.
Pros
helping kids grow
Cons
no breaks, pay is not high enough
horrible
Sawgrass Elementary School (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 29, 2015
The managers take the kids sides for everything they tell us to send the kids to them when they are being bad, but when we send them to them thy send them right back to us with no disciplinary actions. Its horrible.
Pros
bad bad bad children
Cons
meet nice kids
Great people, managment and staff
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 18, 2015
Everyone is cheerful, welcoming and helpful. From the moment I arrive and I am greeted by security to checking in at front desk it is far better than arriving at an amusement park.
Pros
The people
Cons
the parking
Entertaining work-place with much downtime
Lifeguard & Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 30, 2014
Life guarding and swim instructing gave me a sense of pride knowing I was responsible for people's lives. I also had a good amount of downtime to study or read or socialize with other staff who were on break as well.
Great orginazation to work for
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 4, 2014
Prepared Monthly bank reconciliations and did journal entries.
positive work place and a pool
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 23, 2014
Typical work day included answering phones, booking lessons, accounting, and taking attendance for swim lessons. I worked in the swim department at the Jcc. The hardest part of the job was not being able get sufficient hours. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the children leave happy and seeing then succeed in their goals.
Pros
free swim lessons
Cons
no breaks if it was busy
it was a job
Medical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNMarch 26, 2014
it was a job nothing special went to work went home. i sat on the phone all day getting yelled at by debtors
A learning experience!
Childcare Professional (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 7, 2014
Working with the children and families is the highlight of my job!
It was an alright company.
Campaign Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 5, 2014
Certainly could have been better. The company pushed their workers too hard.
Fast paced job at times. Not to crowded.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fairland, INDecember 21, 2013
This would be a better company if it was cleaner. Its a small company so you get to know most employees. The pay isn't bad they just take so long to give you a raise.
Pros
easy overtime
Cons
no cafeteria or janitors.
Productive and fun place to work and gain experience for the future.
Youth Leader (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 14, 2013
My day starts with the staff organizing the students into their appropriate seating sections. Then it's onto attendance, a sort recess outside, and homework help. We wrap up the program with an hour of sports, choir, dancing, or computers.
The teachers and faculty that run the program are great people to work with and learn from.
My co-workers are friendly, very helpful, and great people to work alongside.
The hardest part of my job is trying to control and get through to the difficult students that occasionally act out from time to time.
The most rewarding part of my job is when you can tell you are connecting with a student and helping them succeed in a variety of ways. Whether it is with their studies, on the basketball court, or simply through lending an open ear for them to converse with you.
Laborious with not much compensation.
Fitness Center Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 11, 2013
The hours for some reason seem longer than they actually are, nothing wrong with working here, not much going for it either.
Very fun and productive. Physically and mentally
Dayhab Employee (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 8, 2013
The Staten Island JCC is a very nice place. The people there are welcoming and warm. It is a community center equipped with a state of the art gym, basketball court, food court, swimming pools, sauna and a lot more fun and healthy things. There was never any yelling or anger at the JCC it was a place where violence and anger was frowned upon. There was a wide variety of activities that the JCC managed for us wether it was inside our outside of the building. The job was great, the people were great and so was the environment.
Pros
free access to gym, pool and most of the building.
Cons
no breaks, only kosher food in the food court.
Outstanding organization
Marketing and Communications Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 17, 2013
The leadership team is one of the finest I've ever had the honor of being associated with, and there are programs for all interests and activity levels. Best of all, it is a 'community' and everyone in the community is welcome at the JCC.