JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 10,554 reviews matching the search
Good environment with advancement
Department Manager-Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXDecember 4, 2016
Good company with quick room for advancement. This location in Abilene saw my potential and moved me up quickly. As with any retail job, not a lot of time for family though.
Enjoyed working with the public
Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILDecember 3, 2016
At JC Penny's I learned a lot about myself. It was a commission sales job and I learned to be aggressive when I had to be in a business setting. Liked working with my co- workers even though it was stressful at times. Management did not always help settle differences and was unfair at time.
Pros
Worked with customers on a one to one basis.
Cons
Commission sales
Steady Fast
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 3, 2016
During my employment, I was constantly on my feet as well as being productive. Throughout the day on a normal day, I will always be doing something or taking care of a customer. I did love to be employed here.
Fun and friendly environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 2, 2016
JCPenney is a good company to work for. Through my time working with JCPenney I have learned great skills regarding management, customer service and analyzing reports. hey promote their associates to provide great customer service.
love pennys
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 2, 2016
At Penny's you learn a lot! I learned how to work with a sense of urgency, listen to customers, be organized, and it really helped with my communication skills. Another thing about penny's is that it teaches you leadership. I absolutely loved this job! A day at work would be maintaining course standards by keeping your assigned area clean, or running the register. You have to be a very flexible person and take on any area if needed for a break coverage or etc. learning all departments as well as what is where is very important so you can assist people if needed. The only thing I didn't like was the low pay; However, this is a place I loved and made great friends that were like family!
Unsatisfactory Workplace
Sales Representative & Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILDecember 2, 2016
JC Penny's is a great place to shop at, but while working there, the experience was completely different. While I worked there, there was little to no communication, which can make any job hard for a new employee. Most employees didn't do any work, leaving other employees actually doing their job, to get yelled at. I was in school while working here, and they changed my hour availability from around 9pm until midnight on school nights. After JC Penny's not agreeing to change my time due to the interference with my schooling, I hade to quit. There was nothing too enjoyable about the job besides some of he workers and the customers.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
bad communication, bad management
Seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLDecember 2, 2016
It was a seasonal job but enjoyed every minute of it. The fact that the co-workers were so pleasant made the day go really quick.
productive
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 2, 2016
Every day was a new experience, you were given new customer to
work on and new task to perform. Working with my co-worker was
also and nice experience. The work was not hard but fun being creative. The most enjoyable part of the day was when it was over
and you could go home.
decent if you only want to work 8-15 hours a week
customer service (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, IL 62901December 1, 2016
I enjoyed working in the store but the company seems to be leaning more towards only having part-time employees. They changed their employee policies frequently so you had no sense of security.
Hours were harsh but the days went by pretty fast
Sales Associate and Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIDecember 1, 2016
They had me work 5-6 days a week while I'm a high school student still so it was hard at first to maintain everything but it worked out.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days, sort of a boring place
stressful work enviornment
JCPenney Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 1, 2016
managers are rude, and disrespectful allow other employees to discriminate and harass certain ethnic groups of customers and other employees. the customers were great and the product is great but the employees are not so polite
good people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 1, 2016
pay is not that good. they want you to work all kinds of hours and be available to work at a moments notice but will cut your hours down to nothing at a drop of a hat. not the company it was 15 years ago
This was a good company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILDecember 1, 2016
I liked working for JCPenney because of the nice clothes, shoes, etc. they have. We got raises when due, you can work on your off days if someone called off. Had good employees and managers.
Pros
We had employee discounts on sale and original items.
Cons
Cleaning up the store after closing was a monster.
Asset Protection Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 30, 2016
It was a wonderful place to work. Everyone there was fantastic.i would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a job. the only bad part about JCPenney is i didn't feel as if there was enough opportunity to grow in the company
it was nice there, people were friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMNovember 30, 2016
i liked working there because it was really fast pace and thats what i really enjoyed the most. working with people was really nice. the mall is small and JC penney use to always be packed
Pros
everyone stuck to themselves
Cons
short breaks during the holidays
Appreciative and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WANovember 30, 2016
JC Penney i think is a nice place to work at but it isn't for everyone and i wouldn't permanently work there unless you live close by and don't mind inconsistent shifts.
Pros
discounts, appreciative, above minimum pay
Cons
inconsistant hours
Work and Fun
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed working here. It was an overall exciting environment. I loved my co-workers and how well you bond with everyone as soon as you get hired on.
Pros
great staff, parties for reaching quota goals
Cons
Not a fun place to work. All managers treat you like nothing. And always saying negative thing behind your back
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 30, 2016
For High schooler or College students. They treat you like nothing the one in bel air mall. They rude and manager always talking about you in a negative way to other mangers and even co workers. They will not give you a break. Managers sitting on there behind laughing at you when you in need of help. Not a good place to work. For the one in Mobile at the Bel air mall
Pros
Cons
Managers talk about co workers in a negative way. Doesn't care nothing about you
A lot of hours, without a ton of appreciation.
Leader on Duty (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSNovember 30, 2016
Management at the JcPenney in Hutchinson, KS was excellent. However, the employees seemed very down on their luck at all times, and therefore didn't want to work. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a rush of people, but if one has able to keep their head on, then they should be golden. Overall, the job was good job, but think some changes could be made to the moral of the place.
Pros
Good management, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Poor co-workers, poor work culture.
Great place many oppurtunities alot of diversity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NC 28054November 30, 2016
loved the diversity in the store and being able to talk to many new faces and getting to understand the flow of people. Had the opportunity to learn how to sell jewelry and understand how to set up a retail store.
Pros
discounts, skills
Cons
not enough hours or management positions