JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 10,901 reviews matching the search
Very productive enviorment
Carton Processor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 18, 2017
JCPenney is a great place to work. The management team is very hands on in making sure all departments are running efficiently and try to encourage a working "smarter, not harder" policy.
Fun and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 18, 2017
I liked working here. although the wages were low, it had a family atmosphere. Management was nice and the staff were friendly
Department Supervisor
Service Lead Expert (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 18, 2017
Men's Department Supervisor was definitely challenging, which was good. However, there are no nights, weekends or holidays to yourself in the retail life
a day at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 18, 2017
On a typical day I would help customers and make sure they found everything they needed. I would also handle money. This was a very fun place to work.
Great work place if you love clothes and working with the general public
Visual/ Catalog Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJanuary 18, 2017
During my time working at JcPenney I enjoyed everything i learned and got to work with. The people are greet, fun, energetic, and love to help others where they need it.. The only down fall is not having guaranteed hours.
Energetic workplace, great team co workers and managemnt were superb.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 18, 2017
A typical day at work was busy helping customers but there was a great team and supportive management.The hardest part was when it got really busy but everyone worked together. I learned to multi task and work as a team.
Flexible worked well with my schedule
Visual Merchandiser and Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 18, 2017
Great job allowed me to do a lot of creative displays, loved my co-workers, some very physical work, loved doing something different everyday. Hope this helps!
Working is fun to me love to move around, don't like to be still.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 18, 2017
always a good day at work, I learned to use the scanning gun more, management was good, the co- workers are easy to get along with, the hardest part was the building was to big and you have a long walk to get to where you are going, the most enjoyable part was I get to go home at the end of the day.
It was productive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 18, 2017
It was a decent job to be working at some really good people to be working with and a terrific Manager. I've learned a lot from the co-workers working at JcPenney's. I enjoyed my job
Horrible place for new stylist
New stylist (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 17, 2017
First job out of school was horrible the stylist were totally rude because wasn't from that area.
Stylist would give clients to each other and not me
Busted my butt to build my clientele and still got in trouble for low numbers.
The salon was very negative and the money sucked
Pros
Got employee discount
Cons
Everything eles
Productive company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance CAJanuary 17, 2017
I really enjoyed this job. I learned a lot. It was fun and fast paced. I got to engage with people and help them with their need. I learned how to be a team.
Not bad for a first job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 17, 2017
Not a terrible place if you need good retail experience. Lacks the possibility for advancement or pay raise. Management typically cares about the employees needs and makes the company goal very clear.
Pros
Holiday parties, safe environment
Cons
Lack of recognition
Great Associates, not a bad first job. Good part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 17, 2017
I worked as a sales associate for two and a half years. Its not a bad first job. It teaches the life of customer service. The ups and downs of it. This job has taught me people skills, ad what to do in stressful environments. All the associates are very personable and fun to work with. As far as the work itself, expect a lot of complaints from customers. Jcpenney is not the best company. They are struggling so hours are cut, and not too reliable. But if you are just seeking a part time job, apply!!! If you are in high school or in college, not a bad place to work. Flexible with hours.
Pros
flexible hours, decent breaks
Cons
customer complaints
Very Fun & Knowledgeable!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 17, 2017
The Staff is so nice & helpful everyone is just always so happy! Everyone is really great at working together and helping eachother out when in need!!!
Fun at times and fast-paced
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 17, 2017
While working at JCPenney's I have learned a lot from visual merchandising to customer service to working with the catalog department. On a typical day I would check for notes from the morning person then would go on to my normal routine of making phone calls, processing orders and returns and if time permits helping other departments like kids department. Co-workers for the most part are fun and energetic willing to help each other out. The hardest or more challenging part of my job is coming up with solutions to help the customer since orders can sometimes get a bit complicated. The most enjoyable has been meeting new people and getting to work in the field I am interested
Pros
good co-workers, good hours for the most part
Cons
management, not enough gratitude
Was a great job working with great people.
Drapery Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day in the drapery department was busy and very fulfilling. I learned how to measure for drapes and also learned to cut shades. helped customers order made to measure drapes and blinds. I had very good co-workers that help me a lot and we all just worked really good together. Our manager was good to work with and for. the hardest part was being sure that all measurements were correct. The most enjoyable part was helping customers choose drapery and other items for their homes.
Great 1st job
Women's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 17, 2017
This is a great place if it is your first job, I would not recommend making a full career out of the company. I only say this because of the bad experiences I had with management. It was a fun place to work at and also had great associate discounts and rewards. Management just needs some improvements.
Pros
Discounts and rewards
Retail Enviroment
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  So. California Covered 3 DistrictsJanuary 17, 2017
JCPenneys has been a Great place to work for those people that enjoy a Retail job.
This is a great place for college students to work . Hours are very flexible
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
work conditions can be stressful
Fun shopping center with high maintance
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 16, 2017
This was my first job ever and I loved it. They was professional and clean. I was a cashier and stocker and I closed every night. I was only working seasonal!
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
One half hour break
Simple and fun surrounding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 16, 2017
I would clock in to start the day, and would be informed at the beginning of the shift of what is needed of me and processed to work the hours.i would checkout customers, aline the product to be presentable for the customers and when closing i would mop the floors and and again realine the products so that it would look better for the next day.
Pros
hard working people
Cons
long period of times when there were no customers