JCPenney
4,425 reviews

JCPenney Employer Reviews

Great atmosphere and awesome team members to work with
Fashion Expert and Customer Care Liaison (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: enjoy the enviroment and the people that i work with
Cons: low, low wages and no incentive or information to associates about promotioon
Open register for women department. Assist customers with locating merchandise, Sales operations. Answering customer calls and helping sells associates with customer care questions and store policy and procedures, conducting sales overrides, maintaining adequate cash in register throughout the day. Ensuring that fitting room are cleaned and clear of trash and access clothing. Keeping associates informed of sales goals and credit goals through out the day, while making obtaining store goals fun and interesting. Close register at end of sales day, maintain closing procedures. Secure sales for the day. Ensure that associates and store are safe and secure when leaving at night. Aid in securing store for the night.
Though there is much to do throughout the day. I really enjoy seeing a customer leave with a smile of satisfaction after a sale I do I do everything possible to ensure that all possible measures have been exhausted to satisfy our customers. I also enjoy the associates that I work with, we always have time for laughs and smiles.
The hardest part of the job is getting management to see the importance of our associates. A hello or how are you today goes along ways. And keeping floor associates informed and motivated is a must for a business to survive. It is also important to keep a low turnover rate.
Productive fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waco, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: 15 minute break
Great job to have on the side if you are a student or just wanting a little bit of extra income. The work environment was great. Some days were slow and some were busy. There was a lot of drama in the work area though. Overall i really liked this job
Great Company
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, amazing place to work.
Cons: not enough hours
JCPenney is a wonderful company to work for, they have great staff and the level of service that is provided to customers is amazing. I am glad to work for a company where there is great culture and where one is greatly appreciated.
productive
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), North Bend, ORFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: long lunch
Cons: short breaks
customer service. Made sure all the clothes were organized in order by size. Made sure customers found what they were looking for and helped them if they didnt. Cleaned out dressing rooms
great place to work
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), NHFebruary 27, 2015
Top of the line place to work, great people, great work environment, and great management. I would recommend this company to anyone.
productive and fun working place
Department supervisor (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKFebruary 27, 2015
This was a wonderful company to work for. There was a lot of room for growth and all of the management was very helpful. I really loved the people I worked with and liked coming to work every day.
Great part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: can build a routine
Cons: short breaks, work most weekends and holidays
Typically stick to a routine, of assigned task on a day to day basis. Learn how to provide excellent customer service by delivering what the customer needs expeditiously. Usually worked most days out of the week, and took extra shifts on weekends.
Good company
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Downey, CAFebruary 26, 2015
I worked for JC Penney through the Christmas season, and I liked this job because it kept me busy. There was always something to do, whether I was on the register or keeping the store tidy.
Providing
Shipping and receiving clerk (Former Employee), Salem, NCFebruary 26, 2015
I did shipping and receiving. I was head of the floor display crew. We maintained the setups of merchandise throughout the store. I was also pulled on the floor to run the cash register when needed.
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), State College, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Enjoyed working with all different types of people, meeting new customers everyday and being a special part of their life.
great company
Loss Prevention Lead Expert (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 26, 2015
family oriented and great culture.. needs more advancement opportunities, enjoy everyday of it. compensation needs to improve but so far best company I have worked for
Summary of Responsibilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 26, 2015
Provide exceptional customer service and satisfaction, keep store looking up to the core standards of JcPenney, experience the value of a retail job.
Great work environment, great team of employees, not enough hours and no benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Moreno ValleyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible hours and fun crew
Cons: not enough hours, no benefits (part time)
I enjoy the job and the people I work with. I enjoy the interaction with customers, anticipating their needs and helping to fulfill those needs. Customer service is the number one priority in any business. Without our customers, we have no business. The management team is a coaching team as well, encouraging the team and acknowledging team members for top performances. The team at JCPenney is fun to work with while being professional as well as customer oriented. A typical day at work would be maintaining the look and feel of my department wile assisting customers with in store purchases as well as online orders. Offering JCP credit card applications to every customer while explaining the great perks of the card. Being customer oriented as I am, the hardest part would be not being able assist customers as quickly as I would like to, do to company cut backs in labor costs. What I enjoy most is seeing someone walk out of our store happy with the purchase they just made.

The only reason I'm looking to leave is that I need full time and benefits.
Stepping Stone
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee), National City, CAFebruary 25, 2015
It's a good place to get job experience and maybe move up on rank. i basically met alot of people who'd been there for many years and hadn't gotten the raise they deserved.
Great workplace, feels like a big family!
Service Specialist (Former Employee), San Juan, PRFebruary 25, 2015
Getting to know daily thousands of people that shop in the store is great and if you have good co-workers better. At least in my experience there wasn't much room for advancement but I've heard others having more luck. All in all a great work experience.
Understaffed, underpaid, friendly, not excruciatingly difficult
Sales Associate (Current Employee), UtahFebruary 25, 2015
We are currently understaffed because corporate had limited our hours making our store far more difficult to manage.

We are also underpaid for the work we do. The hourly wage is not acceptable for meeting life expenses (such as bills and rent)

The staff is very friendly and family oriented and the work is not excruciatingly difficult.
Productive workplace with great co-workers
Part-Time Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Work as part-time sales associate who interacts with customers in the store by helping them in the women's clothing department or in the fine jewelry department. Check out customers at the register, help with putting away clothes from fitting rooms and assist with putting out new merchandise. Enjoy interacting with co-workers and customers when working at the store.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: less pay
An average day at work would be assisting customers. The most enjoyable part would be knowing that you made someone's day just by helping them.
good but hard work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Freehold, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: standing on my feet for long periods
I liked the people I worked w/ but sometimes the customers drove us crazy, but I was always polite and helpful to them all. I learned how to make the displays for showing off mechandise, and refilled when thing ran low or new things came in
Temporary Job to Part Time
Product Specialist (Former Employee), El Dorado, ArFebruary 24, 2015
I worked quickly and diligently too do the tasks assigned to me. I learned how to manage a clothing floor too company standards. Management was very understanding and fair.

1 2 3 4 5

About JCPenney

A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. – Read more