JCPenney
3,644 reviews

JCPenney Employer Reviews

Not a good place to work
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYSeptember 16, 2014
I hated the fact that the management sucked and there was no room for growth. If you have a family this type of jib is definitely not appropriate.
productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), san antonio texasSeptember 16, 2014
fun working environment very friendly people
and what i enjoyed the most about working with this company is the ability to give good customer service.
great place to work
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTSeptember 15, 2014
As a replenishment associate you are always in the back getting everything ready to set everything on the sales floor. time goes by fast and the management is great
great job and place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Salem, ORSeptember 14, 2014
I go in to work and wait on people and I have the best management, and co-workers , I like my job. the most enjoyable part of the job is everything and getting to go to work.
Nice place to work at. Learned some about Window Treatments, but wanted to be able to put my Interior Design degree to better use.
In-Home Custom Decorating Consultant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: i worked at the promenade mall so i had easy access to food for lunch.
Cons: i worked at the promenade mall. shopping had to be resisted.
A typical day at work for me while I was there was sitting in my office going through training on Window Treatments, Top Treatments, and things like that. I used a basic computer and an iPad to learn this type of detail. I familiarized myself with the basics of window treatments and how to properly cover a window with them. By this I mean, determining – more... the amount of yardage needed to make the custom curtains / draperies for each different customer. I also learned how to determine what type of window treatments each customer would want by taking out sample books for them to look through and determine what they wanted. – less
Excellent store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Garden City, NYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: social enviroment/financial stability/beautiful merchandise/
Cons: the store was hot/some managable angry customers
A typical day at JCP would entail employees to clock in.I would see my fellow employes and proceed to my station.I was always assigned to Juniors/Womens.Most days I would need to open the registers.As the lines would begin to form I would say politely ''Can I help you please?''I would ring the customer up asking "Would you like to open a JCP account – more... and save 20 percent?''Depending upon the customers response I would assist them and thank them for shopping with JCP.I appreciate your business.During slow periods I would clean the merchandise on the floor.If need merchandise came in I would put them out from the Z racks.At the end of a day I would clock out. – less
Productive and Enjoyable Place
Merchandise Execution Associate (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYSeptember 13, 2014
I enjoyed working at JCPenney. The employees are very serious about there work while also creating a comfortable environment for each other.
The people that I worked with at each store were more like family then just co-workers!
Sales, M.A, S.M.A, B.L.A, Replenish, Catalog Dept. (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 13, 2014
Pros: store discount
Cons: theft
Growth with in the company. Most of the stores I worked in were nice !
Typical Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSSeptember 13, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of giving great customer service, making sure all the shelves and racks were neat and fronted, as well as making sure the dressing rooms were cleaned. Immediate management here was good however the guy that was over everyone was not the best. I did enjoy working with my co-workers and being able to interact with our customers.
Looking for a new challenge.
Replenishment Supervisor, Pricing Captain (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches for work well done.
Cons: getting up every morning at 4 am.
A typical day at work was fast paced, never was a down period.
I learned how to multitask.
If you knew how to manage your day, there was no hard part.
poor hours
sales associate, customer service (Former Employee), Holyoke, MASeptember 12, 2014
because there is too many people working at one time, hours are sparce
Horrible place to work with no benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 12, 2014
Working at JC Penneys was a horrible experience for my first job. Management always tried to discourage employers not to call out by leaving them on hold for what could turn into an hour hoping you will hang up and just come into your shift.

It was always favoritism and they would lock the door at night so that they could keep employers there to clean – more... up after closing. – less
Sets and merchandise are changing daily.
Support Team/Signing & Pricing Captain (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: variety of work throughout the day
Cons: poor management
Very busy position and a lot of responsibility to assure the entire store is properly price signed and merchandise is accurately priced. I have learned a lot about retail which is very interesting on what goes on behind the scenes.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Arcadia, CASeptember 12, 2014
It was a fun season job! its a good first job, very flexible, depends on what manager you get.
nice place for a part time
Sales associate (Current Employee), hoover,alSeptember 12, 2014
this would be a good part time job. This is where I learned the value of great customer service and how to grow in a working environment. The hours are here and there it is retail. But it is flexible if that is what your looking for.
loved the experience working there
Shipping Receiving Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Lanham, MDSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: the workers support one another
Cons: for me it was the distance
great people to work with you are constantly busy and when there is a long line everybody pretty much is taught to cashier so they can help out if needed.
I wouldnt reccomend it
Stylist/nailtech (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MISeptember 11, 2014
Its not the best to work. I wouldnt reccomend working there unless you were fresh out of school
Good for college students
Supervisor (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 11, 2014
There is always plenty to do at JC Penney it is never a boring day. I have learned a lot about my self. The people are really cool to work with. I think the easiest thing is working with customers and the hardest thing can be working with customers.
Good Place to work
Specialist (Former Employee), 3936 E Market Street Logansport Indiana 46947September 11, 2014
Great experience with customer service. Learned a lot when it comes to dealing with customers and their needs.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beckley, WVSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: friendly atomosphere
Cons: no health benefits
JC Penney is a good place to work. The atmosphere changes all the time with the customers. I learned great customer service working here. Employees were great and the pace could be challenging.

1 2 3 4 5

About JCPenney

A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. – Read more