JCPenney Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,659 reviews matching the search
personally didnt "fit in"
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 27, 2016
It was like being thrown into a pit of hungry lions. I was not a popular kid in school and JCPenny employees was just a giant reminder of this. I was outcasted and picked on from day one. Hardly trained and left alone. Schedule was also bad but easily changed if you had another person to switch with you but that was highly frowned upon. Group events like Christmas and Halloween "parties" was a joke. Plus the constant nagging on asking every customer like 6 questions at the register which included credit card applications which if you don't meet your quota for the day you get penalized, doesn't matter if you exceeded your quota the previous day.

Overall I would never recommend anyone to work at JCPenny.
Pros
employee discount combine with sales and coupons = great deals
Cons
employees, one 15 min break for 5 hours of work, lack of training
jcp
cahier/clerk (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 27, 2016
it's a wonderful place to work in fun and managers are understating . it's fun envierment . its very interesting working in jcp
Pros
fun place, managers are fun and understating.
Cons
no full time just part time and pay is not so good.
Progressive and fun place to work, great employees!
Men's Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 27, 2016
A typical day at work varies and thats the exciting part because you never know what to expect. Ive learn so much in a short amount of time from fellow employees that love to share their years of collective experiences. Manage was always on top of the needs of the customers and employees to ensure Great Customer Service.
Fun Work Environment with No Room For Gradual Growth
Retail Sales/Shoe Selling Associate/Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 27, 2016
Typical day at work would be replenishing sales floors along side assisting in customer service/sales.
I learned the value of products and how sales are conducted.
Management could be more available and hands on.
My co-workers were fun and enjoyable people.
Hardest part of the job was working the evening shift after a door buster sale and having to replenish sales floor/stockrooms.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with pleasant people and providing customer service.
I enjoyed working at JCPenney, the people was nice to work with.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDMay 27, 2016
A typical day at work was busy on my feet all day, I learned to have patients with the customers, the management was patient with me, my co-workers helped me to do my work better, the hardest part of the job was having a long line with customer service and the most enjoyable part of the job was to make sure the customers were satisfied.
Pros
We had good food to eat when people bought food in.
Cons
I had good enough breaks to rest up.
busy customer service atmosphere
Catalog Associate/Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 26, 2016
I gained of experience in customer service and management at this company. I made a lot of friends hers and learned how to be a leader
Pros
co worker interaction
Cons
hours
Merchandising
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMay 26, 2016
Work with some of the best merchandisers in that city.The associates ideas were awesome,and very creative. Our management team was truly the best. We work well together.
Pros
Pot luck lunches
Cons
Leaving due to family illness.
A very productive work place and helping others leave satisfied
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 26, 2016
The days I go in your always busy helping customers. Either your helping them cash out or helping them find all the things there needing. Perhaps if they can not find what there needing you can order it for them! While working here I have really learned how to interact with customers and it has build my people skills. The people I work with are all great and there so helpful. You never feel as if you are doing all the work. I would say the hardest part working at JcPenny is dealing with some of the people that come into the store. But no matter what I just smile and try to help with any issue they might be having. Last I would say my most enjoyable part of my job is making friends and having a good work environment. Being able to go to work and not have to worry is great.
Pros
Lunches, great work environment, always busy, fun
Cons
Can not ever be Full-Time
comfortable
cashier/costumer service specialist/retail/sales (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79705May 26, 2016
Well Jc Penney was a fun place to work at, I learned a lot over there, for example how to deal with angry costumer and I also got the chance to build amazing relationships with my costumers, I even had costumer that would wait for me to be attended because I always provided great quality to my costumers.
Fun place to work if you are young and not looking for advancement
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 26, 2016
Had a wonderful experience as a general associate but hit many problems when I was lead into a newer position. I was lied to in order to fill the position and within two weeks my hours had been cut in half and my peers were being treated poorly. I quickly put in my two weeks notice.
Enjoyable Job
Counting/Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 26, 2016
A typical day at JCP was to process all bank deposits. I conducted sale audits on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. I loved to work for JCP. Due to the work being retail and lack of hours, one cannot survive off minimum wage.
Pros
Helped me grow
Cons
Company sinking
Friendly and busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 26, 2016
As sales associate I had to work with the customers face to face helping them find what they needed and directing them sometimes to where they needed to go. I Worked as a cashier/customer service associate. Co-workers were fun and we all made a good team.
wonderful place to work
phone dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMay 26, 2016
this job was great I enjoyed the customer interaction and being helpful to the staff, friendly environment and great management team. the call center closed down
Great place to start out as a hair stylist!
Senior Stylist (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 26, 2016
I worked at Jcpenney Salon for a long time. The amount of foot traffic and all the tools the company provides to help you build your clientele, is amazing. You get to create your schedule, benefits, 401K, plus a store discount. The only downside to working here was the pay compensation. They no longer did hourly+commission, it was just hourly and everyone had to start from the bottom and work their way up again to higher pay. It was minimum wage. I feel that with some stylists' including myself, whom had a large clientele and provided a lot of services for the company everyday, week, month, and year, should have been viewed differently as far as pay went. I was no longer able to afford to work there and take care of my household. It was devastating to say the least, because I thoroughly enjoyed working there and management was great to their employees.
Pros
Catered lunches and store discounts!
Cons
Bad pay
Great Learning Experience
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 26, 2016
A typical day could consist of restocking the floor. I worked with the sales team of marking down sale items, sizing and speaking and helping customers.
No Growth
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 25, 2016
JCPenney has proved to me that it is a great temporary job. I have enjoyed the past couple of years but found when I was looking for an opportunity to grow and take on more responsibility that that was not easy for management to do. Many reasons were that we had such a strict budget and couldn't allow the training hours. My recent degree says I am capable of so much more but supervisors find my best fit is behind a register and It just doesn't work out.
fun workplace
Customer Care Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI 53222May 25, 2016
My duties included: handling accounts payable, cashier, customer service, opening and closing of cash register till, supervise other employees. Love working with customers and meeting new people everyday.
N/a
Fine Jewelry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 24, 2016
I worked in the women's department, front registers, and fine jewelry.I enjoyed interacting with customers and assisting them with their purchases.
pleasant workplace full of possibilities
Cash-Room Operative (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHMay 24, 2016
Typical workday is pleasant. I organize signs that I will need for the day and print extra signs if needed. I use a scanner that informs me of the upcoming price for any item within the department I'm working in. Reports are available for me to use as well which give more precise information and also show all the items that are on sale on a particular day for particular departments. I have learned to use both items carefully to ensure that all the merchandise on the floor has a proper signage communicating the value or branding that supports company's promotional strategy. I also organize fixtures to ensure that signage and merchandise are compatible to one another. The most enjoyable part of the job the satisfaction of a job well done with not mistakes.
Pros
special event days where food may be provided
Cons
not enough full-time positions available
great work environment
Cashier/shoes clark/ truck unloader (Former Employee) –  Fairview, TXMay 24, 2016
Great team work! Everyone was always so kind with each other, always positive attitudes! very organized, everyone's on top of everything.