JCPenney
5,757 reviews

JCPenney Employee Reviews

Worst job I've ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Coworkers are team players. Free food sometimes. Extra money for signing people up for credit cards
Cons: Management. Understaffed. Closing shifts are overwhelming.
Management is terrible. They have no idea what they're doing. None of them could be trusted. The newest store manager made the old one look like a saint. Big on favoritism and treating people who have seniority better than the newer people. Wanted SOME people to have open availability and no other jobs while others could have a full time job outside of jcp. Always understaffed so expected their employees to work like slaves. You could start out getting 30 plus hours a week and in the end end up with 5 depending on how they felt about you.
great discount
Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 1, 2015
either not enough hours or over working their associates, Customers are very needy. You must be able to multi-task. Co- workers are great. The best thing about working for JCP is at holiday time when you get a lot more hours,
Support Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJuly 1, 2015
AMAZING WORK HOURS always busy good work environment good management amazing staff always hiring easy application process good training amazing work place
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Customer Service and Sales Floor Specialist (Current Employee), Batesville, ARJuly 1, 2015
Pros: The things I have learned
Cons: Not getting paid what you are worth
JCP is a good place to work. As of right now we have a wonderful boss at store 2436. He makes the job a lot easier knowing that we can go to him absolutely anything.
However, being such a small store the drama within it could use some work. It's a lot to have to deal with sometimes.
Have Great co-workers for the most part.
The work hours were great for my scheduling
Customer Service Representative/Logistics (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 1, 2015
Pros: worked around my schedule
Cons: kind of a seasonal job dealing with retail, it would get very slow
I would help customers and make sure that the clothes were put out on time and that they were categorized properly by color, size, and style. I wore all kind of hats and multi-tasked a lot of the times whether it was working the register, putting out clothes, pricing items for mark downs, and trained new employees.
Pretty good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJuly 1, 2015
I loved the job but had no days they barely call you into work so very little money.
They put you on a different department very often so you have to be adaptable
TREATING EMPLOYEES/CUSTOMERS WITH RESPECT
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), 1700 W INTERNATIONAL SPWY BLVD DAYTONA BEACH FLJuly 1, 2015
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB ON A DAILY BASIS IS GETTING TO MEET NEW PEOPLE BY THE MINUTE AND CONNECTING WITH THEM ON A MORE PERSONAL LEVEL WHEN IT COMES TO THE OCCASSION AND A PERSONS PERSONAL FASHION....MANAGEMENT HAS A HARD WAY OF SHOWING THE APPRECIATION FOR THE AMOUNT OF WPORK AND TIME IT TAKES TO DEAL WITH EACH AND EVERY CUSTOMER NOT KNOWING WHAT TO EXPECT.
Positive environment & comfortable dress code
Furniture Corporate Customer Relations Rep (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJune 30, 2015
JCPenney is a company that has a very professional and positive work environment. My co-workers are my family away from home and management has a personal relationship with everyone. The hardest part of my job is that I do not have more time to build a more personal relationship with some of my customers. Since I have been employed at JCPenney I have learned to be more time efficient and I have also learned to deescalate situations outside of what is required of me at work.
Awful
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 30, 2015
I disliked working for JCP because they would work me like a dog and then yell at me because I could not get everything done. Our team was constantly give too large of a work load and then looked down upon when we could not handle it all and finish everything. I loved my co-workers and my manager they were really great and we all had a great time getting things done as a team. I learned to be weary of retail because they don't care if you have children or lives or school to worry about all they care about is the work.
It was temporary
Worker (Former Employee), Suffield, CTJune 30, 2015
Pros: It was on the bus line
Cons: Too short and demanding
The job was alright but knowing that it was only gonna last a short time kind of was depressing. Truthfully it was boring and my co-works was not happy at all
Rewarding job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 30, 2015
Learned a few important things about the retail business. This job taught me the skills of merchandising. A job well worth the time and energy spent to get better interacting with guests.
Competitive and Enjoyable
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Walk to the break room anytime you want.
Cons: N/A
Working for JcPenny was an wonderful experience for me. A typical day working their is like living in a cloud, its a very clean, comfortable place to work. Everyone treats you with respect and lunch breaks are awesome.
Fast pace work enviornment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 29, 2015
Pros: 25% discount
Cons: Keeping departments clean and organized
Working here gave me new insights on fasion, but also taught me that retail is a tough job. I enjoyed interacting with customers and talking about why they were getting an outfit or the compliments they got from something they got from our store.
fun at workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Edina, MNJune 29, 2015
Pros: ships, beams during even
Cons: 30
It's hard to serve a costumer who wants more discount than the one the store is offering. I take all my time to try to explain it to her. However, If the costumer still insisted, i took my calm and call for a help, after i try with my associate.I love when the costumer leave happily and felt welcome.
productive working place
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), reno nvJune 29, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: management
ringing customers up, helping them in any way we can. customer service. I learned how to work well under stress and always make the customer happy. my co-workers were great and very helpful. hardest part is dealing with those customers that try to make everything hard on us.
Ok to work at
Team Member (Current Employee), Arlington, TxJune 29, 2015
Im not enjoying it right now but others experience could be better.
There are a few great customers but there are a lot more better ones as well. There are some extreme busy days and some slow days. Great discounts great clothes
Part-time
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 27, 2015
Pros: Food Court, Close to home and hours of operation
Cons: None
Loved JC Penney at Lewisville, TX very accommodationg with the hours. Great Managers and friendly employees.Close to home.
They completly was busy
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 27, 2015
I was there to working every thing. Managing the dressing rooms and doing the best that I could so we could have satisfied customers.
Fold fold fold.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Riverdale, UTJune 26, 2015
Cons: Not allowed to get a drink during shift even though you're talking all day, bad timing with breaks.
A typical day at work was folding clothes and assisting people in finding clothes, management was not very good, my co workers were okay, the hardest part was closing cause they wanted everything PERFECT.
fun work place to work
Seller at the Shoe Section (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 26, 2015
i like to work at jcp , It is more challenge and good benefit• Nominated for the third best seller in the shoe department of all JCP stores in VA
• Led the store attain several annual assigned sale targets.• Being assistant to customer and selling product
• Excellent customer service skill

1 2 3 4 5

About JCPenney

A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. – Read more

JCPenney Salaries