JCPenney Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,797 reviews matching the search
fun work place
Sales Associate/Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 23, 2016
fun work place. great environment. decent pay for area I lived in. management is wonderful and the company really takes care of you
productive and great workplace, great people
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 23, 2016
I loved working at jcpenny, it was great working there, it was so productive. I learnt a lot.
i used to get associate discount and meet new people everyday.
Pros
associate discount
Cons
very tired by the end of my shift
Loss Prevention manager
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2016
Managed a staff in shoplifting prevention, fire protection, institutional security and accident prevention. Conducted internal investigations and fraud investigations.
Pros
being able to investigate
Cons
limited advancement
Productive and fast pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Lake, MIJune 23, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of working the cash register when things got really busy and working on the floor in my department and talking to people. I learned more about computer systems, dealing with money, and how to talk to people.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Fun and relaxing place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed my time at JC Penney. I had many responsibilities including stocking the shelves, unloading the truck, entering the truck load into the system, taking inventory, running a cash register, answering the phone and tidying up the store. I was very involved in this job and I only wish they had more hours to offer me. I started on holiday staffing and was kept but only getting 10 hours a week after the holiday ended. It's a great job for the holiday but outside of that it's really only worth it to be full time.
Great Experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJune 23, 2016
Great Experience
Multiple changes with forward planning to improve customer loyalty.
JC Penney will continue to drive results with exceptional leaders in place. Leading the retail market with order on line pick up in stores.
Pros
Customer Service
Laid back atmosphere
Shoe Specialist/Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 23, 2016
Not a bad place to work but has it's times where things do not go very smoothly.

Management could be more efficient in how things are conducted.

Management could show more consistency from associate to associate.
Pros
I enjoy the department I work in.
Cons
No benefits, always cutting hours.
JCPenney Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJune 22, 2016
I had a fun time working with both management and my coworkers at JCPenney. the benefits and work environment were enjoyable.
Productive work place with fun activities that makes you want to work for the company
CUSTOMER CARE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2016
Being a CSR for JCPenney has it's challenges; but the challenges are what makes the job that much more exciting. You may take a hundred calls within an 8 hour work day; with 50% of those calls coming from customers who may be upset that they haven't received their merchandise in a timely fashion, some may have even received their merchandise damaged; and its our job/my job to assure them that JCPenney will do all that needs to be done to rectify those unpleasant issues. What I like most about my position at JCPenney is my co-workers. Actually we're more like a family than co-workers. We work together as a team to resolve all customer concerns.
Pros
Management doesn't micro-manage, they create a fun environment to work in
Benefits
Friendly and productive work environment with great management
Sales Associate/Fine Jewelry Expert (Current Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of updating signs for the Fine Jewelry department while assisting all customers that came into the department or needed help. I learned further how to communicate with customers and assist them. I also learned a lot of new information about jewelry that I hadn't know previously. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships built with the customers and coworkers. A difficult aspect to my job was having to find the perfect piece of jewelry for that customer's specific liking.
Pros
Relationships, friendly environment
Cons
Hours given
Very clean work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJune 22, 2016
The management team is wonderful to all employees. The employees are usually very happy and full of energy, which creates a very exciting and happy environment.
Pros
Clean and happy
Cons
work black friday
JC Penney change over
Support Lead Expert Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 21, 2016
unloading the truck making schedule for the truck team and recording the amount of time it took to finish got the pricing / visual team started .What I learn ? I learn how to check in a truck, do inventory, pricing department ,women department and walk the store and fix the visual sets .Management had some good and bad the store has had three Manager from 2013 to 2016. Had great co-worker , wasn't a hard part . Enjoyed my team
Pros
had a great team and team leader even if i was out they got the job done
Cons
the lunch break change
Sales Representative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJune 21, 2016
I was a sales rep., working in JCPENNY. I working in the front being a cashier. I also walked around the store to help customers find what they were looking for. I enjoyed working at Jcpenny's, the only issue was not a well enough pay and/or hours.
Pros
Loving co-workers
Cons
Bad Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 21, 2016
The management is very friendly, and the work is not strenuous or difficult. All the tasks asked are very simple and easy to learn. The hardest part about the job was not having enough inventory in stock most of our purchases had to be online or bought from another store.The most enjoyable part was having good co-workers and managers who would feed us food on special occasions and let us have an overall enjoyable experience at work.
Pros
free food sometimes, fun enviroment
Cons
short breaks
okay work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2016
its a okay work place, teaches you how to work with customers everyday and teaches you good customer service, long days , different task to complete everyday,
Organized, and diverse.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 20, 2016
Very large company extremely well-kept sales floor. Great employee environment. I loved working here seasonal was a great experience.
Pros
great employee lounge
Cons
no beneifits for seasonal.
Great company to work for
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 20, 2016
I liked it very much working for this company the customers and co workers were awesome to be around. Also have great benefits too.
Pros
Great benefits & great people
Cons
prices too high
Not good
Supervisor of operations (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJune 20, 2016
Is too many people trying to be the boss store manager only work Monday through Friday no weekends he never closes have HR person at don't nothing don't know nothing about HR it's a whole bunch of managers that don't want to train anyone and don't want to help anyone it's not a great place
Pros
Health insurance 401k in the discount
Cons
Not good management
excellent customer service skills
Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYJune 18, 2016
JC Penney was a professional and fun environment. JCP made its workers excited about a workday by including everyone on weekly sales and strategies to gain customer satisfaction.
I went through many personal issues and management was supportive and flexible. The open door policy was the best part. I never felt like just another associate in a store with 500+ employees. All the managers were friendly and greeted each worker by name with a smile.

I gained a knowledge of the corporate world and felt included

I also held the following positions before resigning to persue a dream of working with animals:
Customer Service Associate, Stock Replenishment & Dept Supervisor
Pros
Job advancement, excellent retail training, supportive and friendly staff
Easy going DC center
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 18, 2016
Typical factory distribution center. Easygoing company to work for. Give breaks appropriately. High staff turnover.