JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 10,873 reviews matching the search
Fast and Productive
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Very cool place to work. I met a lot of hard-working people from all ages. I learned that the company encouraged students to apply. The shifts were from 5 am until about 1 pm or 2 pm. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Fast- paced
Nice Place
Supervisor/ Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Chances in advancement of position are high. Need more people to help ring and recover the store. Need a dress code. Needs better air conditioning on second floor during summer.
Great team to work with, no room for advancement
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blasdell, NY 14219January 15, 2017
Jcp has very little room for anyone to grow in the company. There are less than 15 full time employees and 90 percent are managers. If you're not a manager, you don't get full time. Other than that, I've had a great experience working with my team. The company has unrealistic ideas of how things run in the store and they want you to balance a huge workload meant for more than one person. If corporate got out of their offices and worked a week in a store, maybe they'd understand the changes need to be done for us to be at the top of the retailer list. I used to love Jcpenney when I first got hired. While I still fully support the success of the company, it's the people that make me stay. Without a great team, stores collapse and associates are miserable which then passes onto the customers.
Pros
They feed you sometimes, great team, strong mission
Cons
no room for growth, low pay high workload
Sales Associate - Catalog and Credit Department (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 15, 2017
Great place to work. Typical day included answering client emails and calls. keeping all clients up to date on new product. Had wonderful co-workers. the entire office got along very well
Jc Penney
Trained Jewelry Corner Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJanuary 15, 2017
While I did enjoy my time at JC Penney's there were some issues with management that made it a little uncomfortable to work for the company. As a college student there were days that were required for me to have off because of exams or classes and that was something that the management at JC Penney did not seem to understand.
However, let that not understate the enjoyment I did have with the company due to the fact the customers I worked with were great and always came in looking with a smile. The task and delegations within the work place were great and I take so much knowledge away from my time with the company.
Good first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Great first job with a good amount of hours. I learned Point of sale as well as gained more customer service experience. Management is friendly and very helpful.
Wonderful Place to work
ASSOCIATE COSTUMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Alderwood mall Lynnwood Washington USAJanuary 15, 2017
This company is a lot of fun to work with, I learn so much on this company and meet people that become my lifetime friends. The company provided a competitive salary, training and so much opportunity to grow and to learn.
Fun environment to be in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 15, 2017
I enjoyed working here and I enjoyed the benefits. I learned a lot from being here and it helped me in my career. Also I learned how to be a leader and take control.
my time at JCPenney
JCPenney Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKJanuary 15, 2017
The experience I have gotten at JCPenney has prepared my to branch out into the retail world. They have always worked well with my schedule and my supervisors are great.
Great work environment, great people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJanuary 15, 2017
The JCPenney that I work at is a great environment. I love the people that I work with and the managers care about the employees. I love having an employee discount.
Very Different Than Expected
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 14, 2017
I like working in such a different environment compared to childcare. However, I know now that retail is definitely not for me when looking for future jobs.
Productive workplace although management may be a little unorganized
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZJanuary 14, 2017
Working at JCPenney was a fun experience. The hardest part of the job was keeping up the energy. The job may be very exhausting at times. Other than holiday season, the days are very easy.
good place to work
training buddy,sales cashier (Current Employee) –  merchant blvdJanuary 14, 2017
It is ok to work there. The environment is great. Please apply for a job there. They have a kiosk at the store you can apply in store.
Pros
very ubderstanding management
Cons
low pay
Nice work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2017
I love working for jcpenney but really i will like to move to florida close to my family and friends and gain more expirience and knowledge in work and life
flexible
Sales Expert/ Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 14, 2017
They are very flexible with your needs. The dress code is very relaxed and the customers are great. The hardest part is getting hours cut when it is not the holiday season.
Competitive; Over worked
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77096January 14, 2017
During my time at JC Penney Meyerland I worked in the women;s department, the management made sure to overwork you and keep you 150% busy (even past the time you should've clocked out). Co-workers are very friendly and approaching. The hardest part of the job was making the credits and online orders for the week. The most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends with the customers and co-workers. As a sales associate, you work in the fitting room, the cash register, and keeping up with the cleanliness of the store. And this may not be a surprise but some customers are ... there's been plenty of occasions where we find clothes that have been urinated on the clothes in the fitting room, dirty diapers left open, and PLENTY of theft in the fitting rooms.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short breaks; can be a stressful enviroment
Fun and easy going
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJJanuary 14, 2017
The flexible work schedule was beneficial. Management was a little pushy and our goals were a little far fetched. The lunch breaks were a bit rushed because of short time limit.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Short breaks, sales goals too high
productive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJanuary 14, 2017
For a first job it was a great for a high school student at the time, ok pay pretty flexible schedule with schooling. managers were great as so were co workers.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
no raises
fun and easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 14, 2017
Love working in this environment, and impacting peoples lives. Enjoyed meeting new people and working with people my age. Disliked the hours given expected more.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Low pay
fun job
Photographer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Open up the computers and register. get the props organized and the room ready. turn the camera on and make sure the memorie cards were ready and erased from the session before. once the customers came in we got the room ready for them to get their pictures taken. then after the photos were taken we would fix them up by centering them and deleting the bad ones. show the guests the pictures and enhance them. show them the different things we can do to them. Sow them the packages and them check them out at the register. Let them know when the pictures will be ready to be picked up and make them their next appointment. we would clean the room by dusting off the counters and computers. and organize the frames and make sure they were always stocked.
Pros
fun, meet lots of people
Cons
no benefits