JCPenney Employee Reviews

Productive and Scattered workplace
Back Support (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAAugust 28, 2015
Overall in a typical day at work, nobody knew what they were doing. I learned how to communicate with other by asking question and taking action. The management there was not sharp especially working in a corporation. Co-workers looked for my help when mangers weren't helping or being helpful. The hardest part of the job was hieghts, stocking clothes in difficult places. The most enjoyable part was dealing with customers and being helpful whenever needed.
High School Environment
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee), Tigard, OregonAugust 27, 2015
Managers pick favorites, and let them get away with things that you would get in trouble for. Performance reviews are only once a year, and you are never really told how you could improve while you are there. This sets you up for getting an unfair review just because you never knew how things were supposed to be done.
Just a job
Senior Hair Designer (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYAugust 27, 2015
When I worked here management was a joke. Right after I left three managers got fired including the store manager. I personally worked in the salon where there were overpriced services and I was getting minimum wage.
JCPenny's fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cary, NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: discounts, flexible schedule, atmosphere
Cons: short lunch, bad customers
Normally you have to work with all types of customers so if you are not a peoples person or good with people this will not be a good job for you. You learn about different people and their cultures through they interact with you. Most of the co-workers are amazing, helpful, friendly, and hard working. The management is pretty decent, they sometimes forget that people have lives outside of JCPenny's. You just have to stay on top of them when it comes to your schedule. The hardest part would be the customers that make your job difficult for you. The most enjoyable part would working with some of the other employees and customers who make your job worth while.
JCPenney's Work Day
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Southaven, MSAugust 27, 2015
I began my day by first opening the cash registers in my department to make sure the money count is right for the day. We have a morning meeting every morning to discuss sales and goals throughout the store. I then began to work on projects such as moving merchandise around, getting merchandise to the floor/replenishing, recovering areas and making sure the department meets the stores' core standards by refolding and stacking merchandise neatly. Within working on projects throughout the day, I also help customers enjoy their shopping experience by helping find the item(s) that their looking for, ordering merchandise if it's not available, and helping piece outfits together. I'm also a leader throughout the store. I walk around each department to check fitting rooms and returns to make sure every item is on the floor for sale, I assist employees in satisfying their customers with any problems they have, I assist in the customers making sure their in and out of line in a timely manner, and etc.
Family Oriented Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Noblesville, INAugust 27, 2015
My typical day at work is working in the women's department. This includes checking customers out at the cash register, working one of the fitting rooms, or zoning. In the fitting rooms we put clothing back on the racks and assist customers with any needs they have. When we zone we straighten clothing on the sales floor and assist customers with their needs.

I love my mature co-workers. We have a few school age kids that aren't always working when they should be, so I prefer to work with the older crowd.

The hardest park of my job is customers who aren't very nice, or want to complain. Those customers are few and far between, which is good.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the customers and helping them find that special outfit or gift. It feels good to make their life and day easier.

I learn new aspects of the retail industry on a regular basis. I love learning about new clothing trends, accessory trends, etc...

We have a decent group of managers. There are some that are more helpful than others, but I can't complain.

On a non-typical day at work I will be working in a different department such as kids, men's or lingerie.
A Good Place to Start
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 27, 2015
Pros: First Job
Cons: Terrible scheduling
JCPenneys was a first job for me. There are worse places to start out, like waiting tables or working the drive-thru at a Taco Bell. Just like any other first job it wasn't the greatest. It was just like high school outside of high school. There were cliques in each department and the managers always had a favorite. They would schedule people during times their schedule clearly stated they could not work, and then keep employees 30 minutes after their scheduled off time so that they couldn't take that extra break or lunch. JCPenneys was a great experience giving me money handling and customer skills, as well as gave me the smallest bit of multi-line phone experience.
Great People
Women's Apparel Supervisor (Former Employee), Sugarland, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Hard working team
Cons: No work life balance
I really enjoyed my time with JCPenny, my team was Great. Overall the company does not use all it's people in an efficient way.
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greendale, WIAugust 26, 2015
Working retail tends to have a lower look for people looking for jobs. I personally fell in love with working retail once I worked for them. Great staff and is always willing to work with your scheduled!
JCPenney is an ecommerce application
TrackLead (Former Employee), DallasAugust 26, 2015
JCPenney is an ecommerce application.

It is located in Plano, texas

I implemented end to end reporting solution for JCPenney
Horrible Management
Replenishment Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Nice Co-workers
Cons: Short breaks, Understaffed, Bad Management
The managers are unkind and quick to cut you down. They hate to work and often blame the support team members about their areas of the store to be unflattering and unorganized. Many of the managers sit in the front office and do nothing and do not take responsibility for managing the sales floor associates. The sales floor associates do nothing and everything revolves around the credit app numbers.
Security
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 26, 2015
My duties at JCP was to apprehend shoplifters while protecting the current customers, and staff. Also filled out reports that would later be used in criminal court hearings.
Great place but down time is boring
PHOTOGRAPHER/SALES REP (Former Employee), Longmont, COAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Getting to do something I love
Cons: Busy work
I really enjoy working here. I like the manager and I love taking photos. I don't like that there is a lot of down time, that you must do all this crazy weird busy work and that you HAVe to follow certain things when photographing. I feel like it stunts creativity a bit.
Customer service and catalog sales were always good
Secretary (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Productivity
Cons: Salary for the amount of work didn't pan out.
Worked with a great group of co-workers and customers. Management was on point with sales and the customers desires. The holidays were the best with all the beautiful decorations and busy shoppers.
First full time job
Shoe Saleman (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Mall discounts
Cons: Company shut down
The enjoyed meeting new people. I loved it cause the job was located at the mall. The pay was not bad for a high school job. I learned a lot about shoes.
work
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Lafayette, INAugust 25, 2015
Pros: free luches
Cons: health care
it was a great place to work, trying to get everything done in the hours you was trying at times but remembering to take care of the customer was number one job.
Busy and fast pace
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: management
I would assist customers and fellow employees with tasks.
Employees would call me if they need help with a customer or a process they are unfamiliar with.
I assist customer in finding anything they need and are unable to find.
Employees request money for registers and I have access to the money supply and distribute money for the closing amounts.
I close and open registers and cash supply when necessary.
Good job
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Canton, MIAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Understanding managers
Cons: Closing the stoor
This job is what you make of it. If you are a people person and like to do different tasks through out the day then you will like this.
I learned how to help people with specific shoes .
Shoe Specialist (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAAugust 25, 2015
It was a fun place to work. I enjoyed how fast past it was,and the enthusiasm all the team members had. I loved how they made it possible for everyone to input their ideas.
fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: 1hour lunch
Cons: short breaks
I loved it working there the pay and work hours where great everyone where team players and working there I made a lot of friends