JCPenney
3,858 reviews

JCPenney Employer Reviews

Typicaly Waiter's Job
Customer Service & Cashier (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 23, 2014
Pros: going back and eating up the food.
Cons: everything else
I hated it. simple. if you have ever been a waiter then you know why. Just working in this type of job id not okay. The tips were alright could have been better.
Lots of great people work here
Human Resource Leader (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CANovember 23, 2014
Being a HR Manager is a great job. You spend most of your time working with the associates on issues they may have, but there is so much more than that. You have the opportunity to run the entire store, oversee supervisors, help lead the store to grow customer service and sales. However there is never enough time in the day to get the job done.

The – more... best part of working here is the people, everyone is very nice and the store feels like a second family. The hardest part of the job is the fact that you have to work a lot of nights and week ends but if you require a job with a flexible work schedule this would be a plus to you. The benefits are pretty good if you are a full time employee but there are no benefits for part timers.Vacation time is offered to all who work there. – less
Very exciting and fast pace place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 22, 2014
Very fast pace job, I learned a lot of skills and abilities: Trained Employee, Supervises, Inventory Control, Organizational Skills, Forklift Operator, Loading/Unloading, Machine Operator, Shipping/Receiving, management was excellent, co-workers were very informative, the most hardest part and most enjoyable part of the job was the jobs face pace, and – more... keeping up and excelling that pace. – less
A good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), McAlester, OKNovember 22, 2014
Everyday was something different which made it a good place to work. I loved everyone I worked with and I learned something new everyday.
Great
Receiving Coordinator/Sales Support (Former Employee), Redlands, CANovember 22, 2014
This was my first full time opportunity in my work experience. The flexibility allowed me to transfer my job to where ever I needed during my time here making keeping myself employed ideal.
Fun Place to work with discounts offered
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Danville, VANovember 21, 2014
Pros: emplyee discount
Cons: minimum compensation
JCpenny was a enjoyable place to work that allowed merchandise to be purchased at a employee discount. I learned a lot about customer service and working face to face with customers. Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 21, 2014
Work was normal, but it was a seasonal job. Had to fold cloths, clean fitting rooms. Stay late night to clean store at the end of the day.
Fun and energetic place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Manteca, CANovember 21, 2014
Pros: loved helping customers picking out things to wear and taking them out of their comfort zones
Cons: not enough hours or higher pay
A typical day working at JCPenney would start off by clocking and head to morning meetings with managers and co workers. The managers go over what needs to approved, our customer service ratings, store sales, etc. I mostly did registers so I made sure the cash register had to right amount of money and organized the environement close to the register – more... area until a customer needed help with merchandise or was ready to check out their merchandise. Other days I would do customer service out on the floor greeting the shoppers and making sure my department looked nice and organized. – less
Loved Working Here
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARNovember 21, 2014
Pros: happy work environment, nice customers, easy to learn, discounts
Cons: management expectations, hours
Must be able to multi-task, which I love, so it was perfect for me. Enjoyable job. Great discounts. Management is flexible when you ask to go to different departments. Offer rewards for recognized customer service.

Only cons were some of the management is harsh and has unrealistic expectations and hours are tough to get.
Retail is difficult from the corporate office to the stores.
Senior Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Baytown, TXNovember 21, 2014
I believe that when they went to corporate buying, they lost a lot of talented management and the local input that made JCPenney so distinguished,
work experice with jc penney
recovery specialist (Former Employee), Toms River, NJNovember 21, 2014
working at jc penney was my first experience in retail
I am currently looking for another position in retail but
not with jc penney
I felt as though they took advantage of their excellent staff
by cutting hours and adding more work than required
for the position hired for.
love jcpeney
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lithonia, GANovember 20, 2014
enjoyed working there, the company is great and the people I worked with.
JC Penney Productive and Fun Workplace.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 20, 2014
Pros: birthday celebrations and gifts
Work schedule was 1:30pm-10:00pm.(Inbound Call Center Rep)
Working as in inbound call center representative was interesting and exciting. Work mostly consisted of resolving complaints of JC Penney card holders.

Working at JCP was quite a learning experience, especially with disgruntled customers. We had to learn not to take the anger displayed personally. – more... So we had to practice staying calm and helping the customer to understand we really wanted to help them solve their problems, which was most difficult on occasion.

My co-workers and I enjoyed the JC Penney environment very much. I worked there for 11-years. – less
Comfortable work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Modesto, CANovember 20, 2014
Its a routine work place. The staff is comfortable and friendly to work with. It is a typical sales associate position. There is not to many difficult task to be performed at the job. The most enjoyable part about the job is helping customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Leominster, MANovember 20, 2014
Pros: met cultural people
Cons: hard work on feet & back
I learned a lot, met interesting people
The customers made me feel as though I was helpful to them and made a difference.
Some supervisors were very helpful when I needed help
HR Supervisor (Former Employee), Nottingham, MDNovember 20, 2014
JCPenney is a good company to work for, I was able to grow in this company. Benefits are good
Great place to work in your into retail.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Garden City, NYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: discounts on items
Cons: short breaks
Folding clothes and helping out on the register.

I learned to patient with customers no matter what the issue.

Mangers did their best to provide help when needed.

Co- workers were very helpful when help was needed

The hardest part was taking a bus for a hour and half everyday to work.

Most enjoyable part was helping young children since i worked – more... in the kids department. – less
Great working environment
OFFICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Christiana DENovember 20, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: tough hours
Great working environment, management worked to provide a work to home life balance. This brought about a positive attitude and energy to the team and we were able to reach and exceed many company goals.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: fun activities, participation in holidays and events
Cons: short breaks, short hours
A day to day schedule in JCPenney included communicating with customers, describing benefits of the store, and giving information on merchandise products. At JCPenney, the most important knowledge I gained was the use of an RFID Scanner. It allowed me to understand its purpose, uses, and how to use it. It's a state of the art technology that reduces – more... workload by a lot and increases work efficiency tenfold. Management was adequate due to the number of employees that resigned due to poor management skills. Co-workers were an good role model to follow because of their amazing professionalism, politeness, and generally fun attitude that put a smile on everyone's face. The most difficult portion of the job was mostly cleaning up the mess that most customers intentionally left behind for unknown reasons. However, the day was not as bad because there would always be co-workers who would help out when days are tough and make it easier to go through the day. – less
Nice place for a part time job
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Katy, TXNovember 19, 2014
I was there for 3 years it was compatible with my school schedule.

1 2 3 4 5

About JCPenney

A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. – Read more