JCPenney
4,285 reviews

JCPenney Employer Reviews

Productive and interaction work place where interpersonal skills are utilized
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: 401k
Cons: no benefits
Helping the customers find what they want, giving them a good shopping experience is what brings me joy. I strive to make sure the customers are highly satisfied with each an every visit to my facility. Management team is very efficient, but sometimes they would get their wire crossed.
Fun
Support Specialist (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Customer Service, Commercial awareness, Price checking, working under a time frame while working individually or with a team, Responsibility, Set and Support awareness.
Where they let the customers fill up the drressing rooms...
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: 25% discount
Cons: short breaks, no hours and little pay
Customers have no limit on articles of clothing allowed in dressing room, leads to theft and a mess left for the employees.
The rate of pay is ridiculous for the amount of work they pile on.
First Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: work experience
Cons: retail
Customer Service oriented, I learned cash handling, and working as a team
Enlightening to customer service
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 29, 2015
I have never dealt with customers in this way before so it was an eye opener for me to see the extremes of attitudes and mindsets that can come from the satisfaction or dissatisfaction that comes from a customer.
Didn't last long
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Didn't last long, only a few months. Never enough hours. Good job for students.
Fun enjoyable place to work
Shoe Salesman (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 28, 2015
provide customers with products with competitive pay and enjoyable co-workers
Fun People to work with
Replenishment Supervisor (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Rec'd truck and processed new product daily. Motivated team to work harder and faster
General great working envrioment.
RETAIL MANAGER (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: compensation could have been better
JCPenney, was a great company to work for. The benefits were great, compensation, could have been better. On a daily basis, my activities would involve inventory, sales, coaching, and running my department to have growth and profit through retail and service sales. Working with fellow managers and upper management was easy we all worked together to enhance and grow the stores sales, profit and culture. The hardest part of the job was recruiting, finding the right people who would fit within the company and have the right work ethic to sustain growth. I most enjoyed building relationships and coaching my employees to see them become successful, as well as making sure the customers who visited us were satisfied and happy for choosing our store/salon.
prductive
Store Associate (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: easy
fun the coworkers were the best and the best part was meeting so many different people
Professional and had a good times side.
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Smith,ARJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great customers
Cons: job security
JCPenney was a good place to work. They are very concerned about presentation whether its the displays or the tables. We were all about the customer is right. I had a lot of wierd experiences, but they made for a good workplace. It gave me a lot of time to deal with multiple stressful situations. The best part of working at JCPenney was the same customers, same family, same care. The worst part was the constant closing shop rumors.
My co-workers were great..sometimes, Manager not so much.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJanuary 28, 2015
When I worked at JCP, my co-workers were great and all, but the over-all work environment was absolutely horrible..thank god it is closing down in Aiken. The manager was absolutely selfish and not willing to fix problems that were beginning to get out of hand, for example, the bug problem..I found a tick on me one day at work..I told her about it and she told me not to tell anyone else because they would freak out, well then a week later one of my CUSTOMERS found a tick on them in the fitting room!! What kind of RETAIL store has ticks??! The ticks were not the only problem..roaches, rats, gnats around the register, spiders, it was absolutely disgusting. It took my calling the Cooperate office for the manager to finally step up and try and fix it. But my co-workers were always pleasant to be around, when they weren't bashing customers and gossiping behind their backs, to include one another's...
Very productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), McComb, MSJanuary 28, 2015
Assisting customers to finding everything they are looking for and more. If it's not found in or store I offer to order it online for them. Check each shoe for display tickets and making sure we have the smallest size out on display. Once a month we have cake and pizza for birthdays that month and we have dinners for special days as a treat.
Decent workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: lots of parties
Cons: no healthcare for part time employees
Depending on who one knew the better one's chances of advancement. My co-workers in the shoe department were amazing. The hardest part of the job were customer demaning items. The most joyable part was talking with customer.
Basic Retail Environment
Catalog Supervisor (Former Employee), Prescott, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Basic retail job, required standing for long hours and exceptional customer service experience. Great introductory job for high school or college students looking to make some money.
Great company to work for,
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee), Arcadia CaJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at JcPenney. I learned a great deal of skills and look forward to using them in my future employment.
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 27, 2015
I check people out and make sure they found everything they are looking for. And if they need help looking for an item I always help them find it so they are satisified. I learned that just by working at the cash register for the first time it has helped me a lot. And I am better with money. I love working with the people I do. They are a lot of fun and they keep the day interesting. The hardest part of the job is when you are the only person on the floor it is hard to get to the dressing rooms and put clothes away when you have a line. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers. I love making their day.
N/A
Cashier (Former Employee), Akron,OHIO 44314January 27, 2015
Cashier, took care of the costumers, worked very well with others, I enjoyed helping the costumers find the things they needed.
Very Productive.
Team Leader / Key Holder (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: management, long lunches.
A typical day at work consisted of a lot of good judgement and management believing in that you'll be able to get the job done throughout the day without being on top of you consistently. Management always seemed to care and always be there for you if any questions needed to be asked.
great ploace to work
Replenish Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: always took breaks as scheduled
Cons: weekly hours were short
Jcpenney was a great place to work always kept busy. i met a lot of good people with a great attitude. I worked at a great pace and was always busy.

1 2 3 4 5

About JCPenney

A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. – Read more