JCPenney Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,956 reviews matching the search
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 26, 2016
Management is great. Fun working here, listens and understands employees. They are very supportive and understanding. I learned how to process visa and book a flight.
Good part time job
Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 26, 2016
Good place to work temporarily. Good managers, lots of training, great place to work. They allowed more hours when needed. Always decently staffed/hardly ever shorthanded. Great discounts.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Part time hours only
An alright job
Shoe Salesman (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 26, 2016
JC Penneys treats their employees like trash, they pay pretty low for how much money that company makes. The holiday pay if the only benefit.
Customer oriented, productive, fun workplace.
Hair Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2016
Catered to clients needs as far as hair went. Learned to work and socialize at the same time. Had great relationships with my co-workers, they were very helpful and caring. Cosmetology is full of many new creative ways of achieving certain looks, colors, patterns, etc.The hardest part would be to keep up but when you enjoy what your doing, it can be the most enjoyable along with building relationships and meeting new people. Management was horrible.
It was awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 26, 2016
Management was horrible, they would talk bad about you, and then pretend to be your friend in the same hour. The girls never did what they were supposed to, and if you were favored by management you got away with everything. The store manager was rude, and mean.
not enough staff
Window Sales/Furniture sales (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 25, 2016
EXTREMELY nice coworkers, badly understaffed stores. Management expects to pay the coworkers as little as possible, even if it means lights out fifteen minutes after closing hours due to budget restraints. Then let's not forget about opening those credit cards.
Pros
used to get free food
Cons
management interrupts coworkers on break
Horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 25, 2016
The management was rude and was never available to talk to. The overall atmosphere was dull and there were many confrontations between co-workers. Furthermore, despite working in one department, the management made it a requirement to learn everything for every department which was never necessary. Did not work with schedule conflicts and overall was a very hard place to work at.
Portrait Studio Photographer
Seasonal Photographer (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 25, 2016
All they care about is taking your picture and shoving you out the door as fast as possible. They constantly over-schedule so they are always behind. Prices SKYROCKET during Christmas time. An 8x10 went from 8.99 to 14.99 during Christmas. They only care about making money. There are only 5 ways they let you take pictures, which makes everyone's photos look the same.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Poor management, poor customer service, not customer oriented.
It was a laid back and comfortable enviorment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Haslet, TXJuly 25, 2016
I learned that over time you'll get faster to work more on being accurate with what you're doing so you don't mess up by trying to rush it to make a good impression.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Short breaks
Good for College students.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 25, 2016
No opportunity for grow in the company.
Sometimes leadership miscommunication.
An okay break room.
Associate discount benefit.
Pros
Sometimes free snacks.
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare, hours.
No worker appriciation
Orderfill (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 24, 2016
a typical day at work is filled with chaos because they can't staff enough people to accommodate to work load. Our managers are very kind and nice. The hardest part of my job is being over worked.
productivity
associate, I (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 24, 2016
productivity is very good and we work hard from monday to friday we make this company to be great in the future.i work in jcp for 6 years now and i learn many things.
Pros
free lunch
JCPenney
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 23, 2016
Days can be slow at times and at times the pace picks up really quickly. It can be overwhelming at times. Co-workers are great. Management not so much.
I worked there for two years
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 23, 2016
It was a better environment when I started. The company moved some people around and now it's just a mess. I don't recommend working there. However I did get a raise every year, I had coworkers that had worked there for years with no raise at all. These people had much more experience but still did get recognized for it. The company gives no respect to your schedule. I really wanted to like my job there but management has made it unbearable.
Pros
Coworkers are really nice
Cons
Management, scheduling.
Jcpenny
Merchandise Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  White Lake, MIJuly 23, 2016
Have worked there for over 3 years, went from being holiday help to being a manager, very happy.. just want more work experience. It was a good place to work with very friendly customers and co workers.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Work weekends.
An exciting atmosphere to work in. fast paced and high energy.
SENIOR LOSS PREVENTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 22, 2016
An exciting atmosphere to work in. fast paced and high energy. Great supervisors at store level but Corp. Supervisors clueless as to what happens in stores
Benefits
Cons
Cut Backs
Productive work place
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2016
In JCPenny portraits studio is a good place to work at if you enjoy kids and family. The employees are nice and its a friendly environment. If you enjoy photography this is the place for you.
Pros
Discounts in both the studio and store
The Good & the Bad
Sourcing Manager (Corporate Services) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 22, 2016
The people are absolutely what keep me at JCPenney. The current CEO has a solid vision & great work ethic and the teams are working diligently to turn things around, but retail is tough. So far, I have been comfortable working long hours to contribute to moving things in the right direction because the pay is competitive & you get the sense that all of your co-workers are working toward the same. That said, management is under a great deal of pressure & the teams have been cut to bare minimum numbers at corporate. It's rough to work as hard as the teams do & not see the stock/customers responding as quickly as we'd hope. Some of the financial perks help, but we're human & fatigue is setting in for some.
Pros
on-site gym, child care, employee discount
Cons
long hours, very stressful climate, turnover/layoffs
Fun fast paced workplace
Replenishment Team (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 22, 2016
I worked in a fast paced environment, prepping and bringing merchandise to the sales floor. Opened up boxes, , sorted, colorized, sized, and folded merchandise, put merchandise onto carts. Pushed carts onto floor and put merchandise in the proper departments. Greeted and Helped customers if they needed assistance. The hardest part of the job was getting all the merchandise onto the sales floor by a certain time. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the new merchandise.
Pros
Benefits, discounts
Cons
Management refused to fix broken carts which made it harder to push carts onto the floor.
Fast paced fun
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 21, 2016
What made this job amazing was in fact the people I worked with. I learned a lot about running a store and department and also the associates under me with tact and great care. Half of management were either nonexistant or nonresponsive. As part of the management team, I led my crew, not abandon them. The hardest part of working there was the lack of support and communication. All in all, I truly loved my job and would do it again.
Pros
Amazing associates to work with
Cons
Lack of staffing hours for the amount of shopping traffic in the store