JCPenney
4,432 reviews

JCPenney Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Furniture Supervisor (Former Employee), Forestville, MDFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: plenty of opportunity for growth
Cons: no weekends off
friendly smiles from co workers every morning, group huddles before store open that super motivates you.

hands on management, although there was no micro management , you knew how to do your job and what was expected out of you, and team work was embedded in us positively.

I learned that you can move up quickly if you take your job seriously, and love what you do. i went from associate to management in 3 years and i worked there a total of 6 years. absolutely wonderful experience wish i could have stayed.

hardest part of the job was nothing, it was challenging but because i loved it, it came easy.

most enjoyable part was the appreciation you receive from management and your peers. and the fact that I was promoted to management and had every tool possible to achieve success with the guidance of our entire store leaders.
Cover Letter
o Sales Associate (Current Employee), Des Peres, MOFebruary 28, 2015
Greetings,
As a goal oriented individual with five years of experience in serving the public,having the ability to give and serve others with honor and genuine interest gives me a great sense of satisfaction. Being one who is authentically attentive and enjoys conversing with others, I am qualified to assist customers during the difficult decision making situations. As well as determined I am willing to learn the variety of services that your company offers, master the information, and deliver superb customer service. I've mastered documenting data, explaining products and services to customers, building relationships with customers and understand their needs, strong communication skills and I've learned how to exhibit impeccable customer service. I am seeking a professional opportunity to sharpen my customer skill as well as grow in and with the company.
Great opportunity to deliver excellent customer service!
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Baytown, txFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: having the opportunity to talk to people and help them.
Cons: over the holidays you have to stay till wee hours of the morning, then come into work a few hours later.
I enjoyed working here due to the fact that they encouraged their employees to go over and beyond for the customer, including taking bags out to peoples cars if needed, I really liked that because there were times older people would come into the store and would have a very difficult time getting all of their bags into their vehicles, they allowed us to spend as much time as we needed to help the customers find and pick out clothes and converse with them producing good customer relationships that enticed them to come back! The pay is alright and the management over all is good.
fun enviorment
Cashier (Former Employee), Victorville, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches, 15 minute breaks
A typical day was fun and enjoyable. I learned how to sign up customers for credit cards. Coworkers were very nice most enjoyable part was having beyond satisfied customers and them walking out happy
Socialable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: teamwork
I was in sales
I sold shoes to customers I really enjoyed the different type of people I meet.
I loved to satisfied the customers at hand
Productive, great work environment
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 28, 2015
I begin my work day by going into signing room, make sure all pricing and signage are correct. Then work on projects to enhance visuals around the store
fun
Customer Service (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Cons: short breaks
FUN PLACE TO WORK AT you have to check out customers and listen to your managers there's nothing hard about it but it's an unstable job
Great atmosphere and awesome team members to work with
Fashion Expert and Customer Care Liaison (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: enjoy the enviroment and the people that i work with
Cons: low, low wages and no incentive or information to associates about promotioon
Open register for women department. Assist customers with locating merchandise, Sales operations. Answering customer calls and helping sells associates with customer care questions and store policy and procedures, conducting sales overrides, maintaining adequate cash in register throughout the day. Ensuring that fitting room are cleaned and clear of trash and access clothing. Keeping associates informed of sales goals and credit goals through out the day, while making obtaining store goals fun and interesting. Close register at end of sales day, maintain closing procedures. Secure sales for the day. Ensure that associates and store are safe and secure when leaving at night. Aid in securing store for the night.
Though there is much to do throughout the day. I really enjoy seeing a customer leave with a smile of satisfaction after a sale I do I do everything possible to ensure that all possible measures have been exhausted to satisfy our customers. I also enjoy the associates that I work with, we always have time for laughs and smiles.
The hardest part of the job is getting management to see the importance of our associates. A hello or how are you today goes along ways. And keeping floor associates informed and motivated is a must for a business to survive. It is also important to keep a low turnover rate.
Productive fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waco, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: 15 minute break
Great job to have on the side if you are a student or just wanting a little bit of extra income. The work environment was great. Some days were slow and some were busy. There was a lot of drama in the work area though. Overall i really liked this job
Great Company
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, amazing place to work.
Cons: not enough hours
JCPenney is a wonderful company to work for, they have great staff and the level of service that is provided to customers is amazing. I am glad to work for a company where there is great culture and where one is greatly appreciated.
productive
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), North Bend, ORFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: long lunch
Cons: short breaks
customer service. Made sure all the clothes were organized in order by size. Made sure customers found what they were looking for and helped them if they didnt. Cleaned out dressing rooms
great place to work
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), NHFebruary 27, 2015
Top of the line place to work, great people, great work environment, and great management. I would recommend this company to anyone.
productive and fun working place
Department supervisor (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKFebruary 27, 2015
This was a wonderful company to work for. There was a lot of room for growth and all of the management was very helpful. I really loved the people I worked with and liked coming to work every day.
Great part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: can build a routine
Cons: short breaks, work most weekends and holidays
Typically stick to a routine, of assigned task on a day to day basis. Learn how to provide excellent customer service by delivering what the customer needs expeditiously. Usually worked most days out of the week, and took extra shifts on weekends.
Good company
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Downey, CAFebruary 26, 2015
I worked for JC Penney through the Christmas season, and I liked this job because it kept me busy. There was always something to do, whether I was on the register or keeping the store tidy.
Providing
Shipping and receiving clerk (Former Employee), Salem, NCFebruary 26, 2015
I did shipping and receiving. I was head of the floor display crew. We maintained the setups of merchandise throughout the store. I was also pulled on the floor to run the cash register when needed.
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), State College, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Enjoyed working with all different types of people, meeting new customers everyday and being a special part of their life.
great company
Loss Prevention Lead Expert (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 26, 2015
family oriented and great culture.. needs more advancement opportunities, enjoy everyday of it. compensation needs to improve but so far best company I have worked for
Summary of Responsibilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 26, 2015
Provide exceptional customer service and satisfaction, keep store looking up to the core standards of JcPenney, experience the value of a retail job.
Great work environment, great team of employees, not enough hours and no benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Moreno ValleyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible hours and fun crew
Cons: not enough hours, no benefits (part time)
I enjoy the job and the people I work with. I enjoy the interaction with customers, anticipating their needs and helping to fulfill those needs. Customer service is the number one priority in any business. Without our customers, we have no business. The management team is a coaching team as well, encouraging the team and acknowledging team members for top performances. The team at JCPenney is fun to work with while being professional as well as customer oriented. A typical day at work would be maintaining the look and feel of my department wile assisting customers with in store purchases as well as online orders. Offering JCP credit card applications to every customer while explaining the great perks of the card. Being customer oriented as I am, the hardest part would be not being able assist customers as quickly as I would like to, do to company cut backs in labor costs. What I enjoy most is seeing someone walk out of our store happy with the purchase they just made.

The only reason I'm looking to leave is that I need full time and benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About JCPenney

A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. – Read more