JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 12,305 reviews matching the search
Awful
Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2017
Managers treated employees badly. Co-workers didn't do their part in the workplace but rather went to the dressing rooms to chat and gossip. It was not a good experience and I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemies.
Loss Prevention
SUPPLY CHAIN LOSS PREVENTION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Haslet, TXMay 26, 2017
Co-workers were great. Everyone is really nice and welcoming.
Pay is not so great for LP staff. VERY EARLY hours for first shift staff. Job security is questionable as the company has been growing through some hard time lately.
Pros
great company culture
Cons
pay and benefits
Good Start
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Provo, UT 84601May 26, 2017
If you need a place to gain experience with work this place is a good start. It can be a very fast past job, but there is a lot of slow time depending on what time of year it is.
N/a
Cashier, inventory, customer service (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 26, 2017
It was a great environment. Always something to do, which is what I loved most about it. Worked late hours but always fair and friendly people. had no problems with their managment.
Pros
Very easy
Average job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOMay 26, 2017
I learned how to be even more patient than I already am. I didn't really care for my boss, she was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping put people's outfits together and watching the smile on their face because of my work,
Pros
associate discount
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work if you are young with no kids or older and your kids are grown
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 26, 2017
Good place if you are young with no kids or older and your kids are grown. Be ready to work just about every weekend. Hard if you have a family. Not very family orientated.
Pros
Discount and hour lunches
Cons
Work all weekends
Retail
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 26, 2017
Very difficult to have a schedule to make it to class and actually be able to pay for school, the company does not care about the worker especially if you aren't part of the favorites. Always demanded to be available to work weekends.
High school job
Support Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 25, 2017
I disliked working at JCPenney. Management did not care for employees and did not listen to concerns. Managers would always get in disagreements with each other and ignore customers.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Mangement
Work overload
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 25, 2017
Used to be a great place to work, but with the shifts in the retail world and all the retail giants losing the battle, it's caused the company to layoff team members putting incredible pressure and workloads on the remaining teams. There is no work life balance anymore and leadership is spinning trying to grasp onto anything that might work. Lack of real direction and communication causes teams to spin and rework. Great place to work if you want no life outside of it. One thing about the company is they have great teams who work hard and are like family. The company also pays well, but they need to find better management. People leave managers, not companies.
Pros
Excellent pay, great teams
Cons
Poor management, insane workloads and unrealistic expectations
Proffessional
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 25, 2017
Quoted prices and discounts as well as credit terms, trade-in allowances, warranties and delivery dates
— Participate/contribute in all management strategic meetings advised.
— Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
productive
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 25, 2017
I Work Four days a week and also a Ten hour shift. i enjoy my coworkers. i enjoy the work that i do sometimes it get a little overwhelming but somehow i manage
Alright place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 25, 2017
I'm not to crazy about the management there they choose favorites which I don't like. I also don't really care for how late they keep you at night it's not right to be there till 11.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  6909 loop 1604 eastMay 25, 2017
This job always has a positive working environment. Management was always there to help and fix any situation. The managers would always make working fun and push us to make our goals.
Great workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMay 25, 2017
Enjoyed every moment with the company. Great co-workers and great place to learn who to work as a team member. I was a part time seasonal worker, which went well with my work load.
Its okay
Department Supervisor women's apparel (Current Employee) –  Calumet City, ILMay 25, 2017
Its a okay company if you are in management.
Being a sales associate can be stressful when they cut hours and JCPenney's customers are RUDE so they have to deal with that. But it really depends on the store leaders and how they operate the store. The best thing is the DISCOUNT.
Again if the team works well together its a good fun place to work.
Pros
Discount, they will work with your schedule, free food at times, nice co workers
Cons
Staffing can be short at times, customers are rude, management wears to many hats due to under staffing
Fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2017
JCP was my first job and it was great, I loved that I learned a lot about people and how to really shop. I had a great couple of co-works as well as managers.
great
Salon Stylist and Concierge (Former Employee) –  el cajonMay 24, 2017
great I really didn't want to write a review but apparently I have to because the website is making me so I'm just going to ramble because in all honesty I really have no comment.... I liked working there
Terrible
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 24, 2017
Nobody at JCPenney cares about anything. The store is constantly messy and no one puts in any kind of effort ESPECIALLY the managers. The company only cares about making money for themselves and any time the store is doing poorly the FIRST thing they do is cut our hours. In fact, right after the holiday season they let go of almost all of the seasonal employees and cut everyone down to working 10/15 hours a week so that the managers could get their bonuses for the year. After that business went down drastically because there was never anyone in the store to help our poor customers!
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZMay 24, 2017
The pay isn't decent and the customers are rude sometimes but you can make great friends here and the hours are flexible if you're attending school. Great customer service experience.
Pros
Customer service experience
Cons
pay
Active enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 24, 2017
A typical day at JCP consists of manning the registers and doing endless go backs. I learned how to handle stressful situations and to take initiative and become more social and speak up. Management tries extremely hard to make sure everything is running smoothly. And the hardest part was dealing with unhappy customers that did not want to hear what I had to say, believing that only being just an associate meant I did not know what I was doing while the most enjoyable part was being around people and learning new things.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Harsh management that can be overbearing and rude at times

CEO Approval