JCPenney Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,940 reviews matching the search
Productive work place
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2016
In JCPenny portraits studio is a good place to work at if you enjoy kids and family. The employees are nice and its a friendly environment. If you enjoy photography this is the place for you.
Pros
Discounts in both the studio and store
The Good & the Bad
Sourcing Manager (Corporate Services) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 22, 2016
The people are absolutely what keep me at JCPenney. The current CEO has a solid vision & great work ethic and the teams are working diligently to turn things around, but retail is tough. So far, I have been comfortable working long hours to contribute to moving things in the right direction because the pay is competitive & you get the sense that all of your co-workers are working toward the same. That said, management is under a great deal of pressure & the teams have been cut to bare minimum numbers at corporate. It's rough to work as hard as the teams do & not see the stock/customers responding as quickly as we'd hope. Some of the financial perks help, but we're human & fatigue is setting in for some.
Pros
on-site gym, child care, employee discount
Cons
long hours, very stressful climate, turnover/layoffs
Fun fast paced workplace
Replenishment Team (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 22, 2016
I worked in a fast paced environment, prepping and bringing merchandise to the sales floor. Opened up boxes, , sorted, colorized, sized, and folded merchandise, put merchandise onto carts. Pushed carts onto floor and put merchandise in the proper departments. Greeted and Helped customers if they needed assistance. The hardest part of the job was getting all the merchandise onto the sales floor by a certain time. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the new merchandise.
Pros
Benefits, discounts
Cons
Management refused to fix broken carts which made it harder to push carts onto the floor.
Fast paced fun
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 21, 2016
What made this job amazing was in fact the people I worked with. I learned a lot about running a store and department and also the associates under me with tact and great care. Half of management were either nonexistant or nonresponsive. As part of the management team, I led my crew, not abandon them. The hardest part of working there was the lack of support and communication. All in all, I truly loved my job and would do it again.
Pros
Amazing associates to work with
Cons
Lack of staffing hours for the amount of shopping traffic in the store
Enjoyable work place, always busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 21, 2016
A very busy workplace. Customer service was the most important aspect of the job. I learned how to stay structured. It was an enjoyable place to work.
Jcp
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  California, MDJuly 21, 2016
An okay place to work you get paid minimum wage and are usually treated well by employers could be better with benefits and flexibility
good to start as young
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 20, 2016
I did this while I was in school and on a break from my season of soccer. It worked in I learned how to probably fold cloths correctly and customer service
Salon setting
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 20, 2016
Working in the salon was different than the store. It had a very busy weekend when selling products. I enjoyed the discounts off hair products.
Co-workers like family
Replenishment Associate (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 20, 2016
A typical day on support consists of moving fixtures and moving a full wall of cloths just to put them back up on the same wall. The Management could be more organized with tasks, when working on the floor when the store is open. The Co-workers their are extremely friendly and are their to help. The hardest part of the job is showing up and having too many people on staff and a slow day.
Pros
25% associate discount
Cons
Organization
Great Company to work for as a very young adult.
Sales Associate/Support (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILJuly 20, 2016
Looking to pay for college or at least books for college, this place is great. Had wonderful bosses. And the community that shopped there was amazing.
Pros
Wonderful family Crew
Cons
not enough pay
Fun workplace with a fantastic team that make working more enjoyable.
Shoe Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 20, 2016
A typical workplace is smooth and easily to understand, the people you work with make working there enjoyable. The are also supervisors who are always there to help.
Best job every
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJuly 19, 2016
I loved working there. My passion is fashion so I loved helping customers with the clothing. The typical day was just making sure the sales floor was neat and clean. I loved the busy day and I loved working with multiple coworkers.
Good Company to work for
Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 19, 2016
My job there had reliable hours. It was a pleasant working environment and I enjoyed the company of my coworkers,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 19, 2016
Very fun place to work and you get a lot of experience. You have to learn all departments and know how to talk to customers and co workers.
Pros
Get off on time
Cons
Short staff
Productive, answering phone calls helping customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJuly 19, 2016
I worked at jcpenny durning the holidays so it was always very busy. I enjoyed working at jcpenny the months that I was there
Friendly and Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Maysville, KYJuly 19, 2016
Great for first job! Great opportunity to learn or grow in customer service and cash handling skills. Management is willing to work with your schedule, within reason, of course.
retail
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 19, 2016
it was fun getting to see what new fashions were coming out. it was also fun getting to know what deals were coming for seasonal items. It was a very fun job but demanding and not enough pay.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
always running around to get things done
Very diverse environment, amazing co-workers
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MilJuly 19, 2016
JC Penney's call center is very diverse! I have the pleasure of working with all people from many different walks of life! There is never a dull moment at JC Penny's, there a daily updates, training, and improvements! It is also a pleasure to work side by side with my amazing co-workers, who are just as enthusiastic about helping our customers as I am!
Pros
Fun events & ways to learn recognition from the leaders
Cons
Not much room for growth, short lunch breaks
Nice workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2016
Good company for part time work employees are very friendly, Company has Great sales and caters to customer demands, Most enjoyable part is the customers. The Hardest part of the Job Is standing on your feet all day.
Cons
Short breaks not enough staff
Optical Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 18, 2016
Have to have superior customer service skills. Gained knowledge of Optician duties, and the roll of Worked six days a week months on end. Very hard to find optical associates to wok part time.
Pros
Great beneftis, and salaries
Cons
Time off was difficult