JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 12,258 reviews matching the search
It was a cool place to work for it being my first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cool Springs, TNMay 23, 2017
It was a productive environment. The new manager kind of phone and she had a bad attitude most of the time But overall it was nice. I have to leave for school. It was fun
Pros
got to go out to the food court for lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great job, really good environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMay 23, 2017
I can say without a doubt that JCPenney was a fantastic place to work. The environment was healthy with good teamwork, communication, and you always knew the managers had your back if you had an unruly customer.
Pros
Good environment, good managment
Retail Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMay 23, 2017
Get familiar with every department because it helps you to know how to be flexible if needed. This job is really a job for college students who need a little extra money in their pockets or someone who has a primary job. This is not a job you get if you have a high car note or rent. It exposes you to tons of different people. It will also teach you about the area you're working in. How to properly fold clothing, learning about appliances, and why thread count is important. Just stay open minded. They have a great company. Its always an opportunity to branch out or grow within the company.
Pros
appreciate associates, every sale event is fun, great coworkers
Cons
short breaks, high paced environment, lack of hours
It was a nice environment to work in.
customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74133May 23, 2017
Everybody was really nice and professional. When it came to academics and personal problems management was always understandable. There was always something to do and if you didn't know what to do someone would always help you.
Fun
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 23, 2017
It was fun to work with the different people in different areas of the store everyone was nice and always had a smile the company is well organized also
reason why i left
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 23, 2017
I loved working at JCPeeneys, the only reason I left is because my student loans started to take a large lump some out of my check. Other than that I would have still still been there
Job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed working here, while I was still in high school. I was a sales rep, so I would go in after I got out of school. I would basically recover, make sure everything was in the right place. As well as take care of the customers who were there.
I enjoy what I do
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHMay 23, 2017
I love what I do for a living. Working in the salon is sometimes hard. The girls are catty but I think every salon will have that. My biggest problem is our color line. It doesn't make sense that we use one of the largest color lines available and we cant keep what we need in stock. I personally hate using a warm base color line because its hard to tone out. Jcpennys needs to realize the wasted money here but it goes far above my head and I don't plan on seeing any changes.
retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 23, 2017
slow but you get into the flow of things coworkers are really nice. but you dont really get that much perks except an employee discount. pretty good first job.
It was great to be a photogrpher
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTMay 23, 2017
it was stressful in the since that they expect you to work none stop no break. They ask a lot of you. You have to keep a certain sales average. there was no raise.
Pros
the people you meet
Cons
no raise
Best Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYMay 23, 2017
The people I worked with weren't just co-workers we were all family and still are even though I don't work there anymore. This was my first retail job and I loved it and learned so many good skills from it and have used those skills towards other jobs down the road since I've worked there.
Pros
Great team and skills
Cons
Moved out of state
rewarding helping customers find what they were looking for
Sales (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 23, 2017
i would open and sometimes close worker near the mall always interesting people to meet and assist. Good hours as well as easy commute to the store daily
I love my job
Customer Service Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 23, 2017
I love my job at jcpenney was customer window treatment specialist
I sold high end window treatment and Furniture. I did my displays in the drapery and bedding the department. I train the 3 people under me. I was a merchandiser assistant. I put a way stock. Our deptment sold million very year. I sold a 1/2 million drapery my self.
Pros
a have a great store manager
Cons
the pay changes
my co-workers made the day go by smoother
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 23, 2017
My co-workers at the time were so kind and easy to approach. My job was always extremely important to me. Would personally find ways to help get things done as well as help other complete tasks. I even made life long friends through this work place.
Not bad
Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 22, 2017
not a bad place to work, sometimes it is a lot for just one person to do in an area. It would get pretty chaotic at time, but the managers for the most part where not to bad.
Overworked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXMay 22, 2017
I would get the department that I would be working, worked cashier, offered up sales to customers, answered phone calls from online orders, helped customer find merchandise.
Pros
cashier, helping customers, pay
Cons
did't work with my school hours, worked long hours, was family oriented
Sucks
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 22, 2017
I was working there for a month and I was fired on my day off. A day they knew I couldn't work. With no warning at all. I will never recommend this job to no one especially the one in Albany NY at Crossgate Mall.
Experienced gained
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 22, 2017
I gained so very much needed experience working here. They were downsizing so I was let go and I fine with it because I gained work experience and have used it to for other jobs I have had.
Good place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXMay 22, 2017
Nice staff, fun place to work.. Though it is slow-paced, for the time I worked. Though the general manager is nice, he came across to me as creepy...
Productive and hardworking establishment
Shoe/purse/lingere dept manager (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 22, 2017
A day at JCP is busy and fast paced. There are always things to do and although we were understaffed, we all managed to work together to get the tasks finished. The hardest part was being understaffed and having limited hours to finish tasks, the most enjoyable part was the staff and customers I encountered.
Pros
The people and ability to move up in the company
Cons
lack of hours and staff

CEO Approval