JCPenney
5,602 reviews

JCPenney Employee Reviews

Typical customer service environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Kerrville, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: No stress, enjoyable starter job
Cons: low pay
J.C. Penney offered me a great base to establish myself in customer service and sales. You are required to work one on one with customers on a regular basis. Co-workers were friendly.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 1, 2015
Stylish, fun, clean environment. I consider it to be my first real job and was very disappointed that it was only seasonal.
productive an fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 1, 2015
its a fun place to work i learn alot from all of my co-workers and my co workers was the funniest they have me laughing alot thats a good thing an nothing was hard about my job.
Boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: reliability
It was really messy, managers would like to have you after your shift, and then clean up departments that weren't yours, also there was people who would be using their phones on the job and no one really took the job seriously
Productive and team effort
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 1, 2015
Pros: Always feeling welcome from my coworkers and customers
Cons: N/A
JCPenney regular day is mutlitasking different experiences we learn from our leaders to help assist customers. Such as: answering phones, pick up orders for online, returns, answering questions to customers concerns on the poducts making sure they get what they came for. Teamwork is effort with all coworkers we all help one another out for anything a customers or assoicate is not familar with JCPenney has shown me to continue these tasks,projects, and experience to bring to the next level. so i thank you JCPenney for everthing you have done for me
fun enjoyable
Sales Associate, Waitress, and Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee), Moline, IL and Wilkesboro, NCJune 1, 2015
clean dressing rooms, assist customers locate items, process order, place online orders for customers, sweep the floors,
Fast paced enviorment filled with multiple tasks to perform .
Third shift lead/BRC (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJune 1, 2015
Pros: Always busy, fast paced, opportunities to cross train and learn new functions.
Cons: Worked all holidays. Under staffing led to 6-7 day work weeks.
A typical day involved sorting merchandise to be delivered, stocking merchandise into tier racks or bins in desired ares. Removing empty tier racks to be refilled at the docks. Other tasks performed would include order filling for certain time periods, packing out of merchandise to be delivered to shipping docks. Operating forklifts, both sit down and counter balance types to transport pallets and tier racks of merchandise to designated areas of the warehouse. The hardest part was often the fluctuating start times depending on volume of workloads. The most enjoyable parts were getting to work with multiple groups all over the warehouse.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), National City, CAJune 1, 2015
My favorite part of this job was interacting with customers and helping them with whatever they needed.The hours were sometimes difficult but over all i had a good experience
Good company, but employees should work departments they like and are best at to be more productive.
Sales/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), New Braunfels, TXMay 31, 2015
Pros: Great products and good discounts.
Cons: Work shifts and departments I don't really care to, but I work what is given to me.
This job is ok, but I'm looking for more hours and better pay and more flexibility. I have a lot of experience in management, retail, customer service and sales and I don't get the shifts and departments I would like.

My priority is assisting customers and stocking and straightening merchandise between customers.

I like my co-workers and enjoy helping customers.
Amazing workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMay 31, 2015
I enjoy going in to work everyday, I learned different men's department. The management were very fun to work with and all of the co-workers I use to work with were very pleasant. The hardest part of the job was when we had to do inventory. There was no part of the job that wasn't enjoyable.
Was a good place to work.
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 31, 2015
I wasn't there very long. I broke my toe during there remolding stage and was let go. The others that I worked with where nice.
Part time job during school
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Dodge City, KSMay 31, 2015
Pros: Good breaks
Cons: Mis-communication
unloaded trucks and worked with forklift. Co workers were respectful. Everything was done in a prompt manner. Sometimes communication was key but that came down to management.
flexible place to work if you need a part time job
CHILDREN/HOME SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), virginiaMay 31, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: favortism
A good place to work, flexible schedule for students and parents with young children. You have to know people to progress in the company.
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMay 31, 2015
Pros: Secure lockers for personal belongings
Cons: Short breaks
During seasonal time, it gets very busy because of the holidays. Management is on top of their A-game and makes sure customers needs are met 100%. Coworkers are friendly and helpful towards everyone. The hardest part of the job is keeping the floor neat and orderly at all times and taking care of all go-backs and defective items.
It is what you make it to be
Fine Jewelry Sales (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVMay 31, 2015
Pros: Free lunches/dinners, employee discount, & the ability to learn how not to treat people
Cons: almost everything (including the smell)
In the beginning I was happy with my job and the people I worked with. However, as time went by it became a complete nightmare. When you show that you are an Independent minded person & posses the ability to exceed sales expectations, management sees this as a threat and makes it their everyday mission to punish you. I could spend hours writing down all of the abuse that I endured while employed at store #2386. Normally I would never talk badly about a former employer, but this experience was so dreadful that I must warn others. If you are applying for ANY position within this store, please exhaust all other options before making this terrible mistake.
Productive day
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 30, 2015
I come in on m shift straighten around my area. Give customers advice about the right kind of shoe to match an outfit if asked. Bring clearance shoes out,and mark down prices. Order shoes online and call other stores for shoe checks If we don't have the size a customer needs.
its a fun work enfiroment
Sales representative (Current Employee), tallahassee, FLMay 30, 2015
Pros: 25% off
Cons: short breaks
the management could use some work but the overall atmosphere of the environment. a typical work day consist of maintaing stock, reorginizing the merchandise on the sale floor and selling JCP credit cards
Good Job to start in retail
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 30, 2015
Learned a lot about retail and what it entails to be a good sales representative. Always providing good customer service. Helped with stocking and shipments.
Challenges and Opportunities
Primary Research Manager (Current Employee), Plano TexasMay 30, 2015
Pros: On-site health club
Cons: health insurance
depending on which division you. are work in, you may be able to advance, great opportunities for new fashion graduates.
great
Sales associate (Former Employee), Newport News, VAMay 30, 2015
i loved working at jc penney i wouldnt trade it for the world. i learned so much from that place. it a great aptnosphere and wonmtedful management and caring employees

1 2 3 4 5

About JCPenney

A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. – Read more

JCPenney Salaries