JCPenney
5,571 reviews

JCPenney Employee Reviews

Easy to work job
Replenshipment Specialist And Store Support Team (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: easy to prefrom customer service skills
Cons: somtimes it gets slow and hard to find somthing to occupy your time
Very easy. Use a lot of creative and organizational skills.
Medium work pace. Customers like associate opinion on how their outfit looks.
Self-motived job. you always find something to size or clean up
a nice environment to work
Stock and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wellington, FLMay 26, 2015
it is usually a pleasant experience there are 15 minute breaks plus lunch break and they have special events and food for the employees in the break room and the location of the job in the mall Is great. I learned team work and my first job experience. The supervisors and management were great.
JCPenney
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 26, 2015
Pros: Employees, managers, and customers
Cons: not enough extra hours.
Great parttime job. Great discounts, flexible hours, employees,and managers. During the holidays they do so much for their employees.
Cashier (Former Employee), Palestine, TXMay 26, 2015
I was always busy doing something. I never had a dull moment. I enjoyed working with the people I worked with because it was a very family friendly environment.
Best place I worked during High school
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 26, 2015
I worked here during high school and they are a very great place to work. You get a good discount on clothes get to make commision depending on if they are asking people to sign up for credit cards or not and plus they have a really nice staff.
seasonal
CASHIER (Former Employee), TupeloMay 25, 2015
I loved working customer service. I was only here seasonal. I loved there hours that they offered and the management. Love the recognition that they gave to everyone in the morning meetings.
Okay and nice coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 24, 2015
not all that fun and very stressful, really pushed to sell credit cards, very rude customers, little learning time and have to be able to multi task very well in order to work up front
A fast paced, but fun enviroment to work in.
Merchandise Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 24, 2015
I empower and coach a team of 25 people. I plan daily task such as Pricing and Signing, Replenishment, projects, Visuals,Clearance Execution, and logistics. My team also assist in giving exceptional Customer Service, and assisting salesfloor during business hours. I take pride in rewarding my team and acknowleding their hard word. The teams motivation comes from the outcome of their task and being acknowledged. I enjoy my job and daily challenges, because they help me continue to grow. My Manager is very involved and supportive. She continues to observe and coach me to help me grow in my Career.The hardest part of my job is the unexpected obsticles that occur on a daily basis, but we still strive to meet our deadlines. The most enjoyable part of my job would definitely be the people I work with. I enjoy helping them grow, and all the different personalities.
Duties included cut and styled customers hair.
Master Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Refused to give raises and management and store manager were incompetent. Checks bounced irresponsible when addressing the issue refused to pay the money in cash.
I really liked this job. It gave me a lot of experiance in the little time i worked there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Papillion, NEMay 23, 2015
This job taught me how to be when i am working with a customer. It was a really fun job and even though it got hard at times i was still happy doing it. It taught me how to work fast and keep everything organized at the same time.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
SHIPPER/RECEIVER (Former Employee), Taunton, MAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Reward programs, employer discounts, and special free lunches threw out the year.
Cons: Did not get my Severance pay after twenty years service.
A typical day was early in to open store.and set things up. My resume states the many things I've learned there. Management was considerate and fair daily. My co-workers became family.There were no hard parts just challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job was the need of my skills and respect give to me by manager.
It's Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMay 23, 2015
If you can handle retail you'll handle JC Penney. But, work environment is good. Pay is not the greatest but if you need a job and you're a patient person. It may be right for you.
It was a good part time job
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2015
Pros: schedule was great
Cons: hours getting cut every week
This company did have a nice work environment everyone was very friendly and hands on i would have given it a higher rating if my hours weren't steadily being cut. The hardest part of this job was climbing the high latter maybe because i don't like being up to high without much support. They have a great employee discount.
Loved working thid shift
Fork Lift operator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 23, 2015
My supervisor Garth Taulbee made my job awesome. He always recognized me for doing a good job which made me work harder. I broke many records while working there.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waterford, CTMay 21, 2015
Pros: discount, almost always food in breakroom, very good working environment
Cons: seasonal positions
this is a fun diverse place to work. The employees are profesional while still being like a family having things like dinners and baby showers in the breakroom
Fun, enjoyable work environment sometimes...
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Paris, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: light workload, fun co-workers
Cons: short breaks, poor heat/air circulation
I work for the JCP in Paris, TX and sadly, there is no room for advancement due to the selfishness of the store manager. I love my job, it keeps food on the table, but it seems like the manager tries to work his employee's to death, on an average work day there are maybe two associates at the front and maybe one or two LOD's(key carriers) that are willing to help with anything, the store manager has the schedule set up to where there is usually only one person at the front of the store no matter what time of day it is and usually that one employee is left with the entire store and cannot satisfy the needs of every customer, if a customer needs help, well to bad for them because the one sales associate on the floor cannot leave the front.
Although I do feel like this is a great job to start out with, but not one to end with. Usually there is not much to do during the day hours seeing as there are hardly any customers. It is a constant effort to do recovery to the managers likings, but the store manager is hardly ever out on the sales floor. I enjoy the work environment when it comes to the other employees.The other downside to working here is their hours are terrible the pay is too. I usually average atleast 20-30 hours a week and a hardly make over $300 every two weeks.
A little hectic, but a lot of fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carson, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Work environment
Cons: A few angry customers
Associates whom I had the pleasure of working with were phenomenal. On occasion I came across customers who required a little more patience and time. Overall the amount of positive vibes I received from others helped make the day or evening run smoothly.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Riverside, ILMay 21, 2015
Part time associate, loved the environment and people i worked with. Regular customers are what made the day even more enjoyable.
Productive and warming environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Greendale, WIMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Discounts, Food
Cons: Short breaks, unorganized lunches
I learned to handle money responsibly as well as please customers and handle situations in a professional manner. The hardest part of working in retail is knowing you will have to please everyone differently. I most enjoyed making customers happy.
Productive and welcoming
Team Leader (Current Employee), Montebello, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunches during holidays
Cons: management
I learned many new things such as time management, cleanliness, ability to multitask, and be a leader to a group of people. J.C. Penney is very strict with tardies and lates. You must work more than 35 hrs per week to gain paid time off. Hours are inflexible.

1 2 3 4 5

About JCPenney

A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. – Read more

JCPenney Salaries