JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 6,687 reviews matching the search
core standards for customer service
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 9, 2016
JC Penney is a goal setting environment building business clients on rewards and credit. I learned different ways to up sales to the customers and how to cross shop merchandise for that impulse buyer. Building relationships with co-workers and associates to have good communication and earned respect.
Best part of my job is seeing associates advance up that I have trained and coached for growth. The hardest part of the job is has the district office within the store it means the store has to be the top performers at all times and set the standards for the rest of the market. What I enjoy the most is being able to share and show other talent that you can't always incorporate into the work place.
Pros
credit incentives in pay
Cons
recontruction of job positions ever year and losing pay rate
Boring really.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 9, 2016
Not much to say but that I have to put 20 words here. It is a typical retail job. What you see is what you get. Really, nothing special. Good for high school kids.
Great place to expand your experience
Support Staff- Cash Counting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I had the chance to build my customer service skills and worked on a team that helped each other. I had a variety of responsibilities at this job.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Salary: $8.00/hr
fun laid back environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 8, 2016
working for this company was awesome while it lasted. the work environment was so friendly that they made me feel part of the family even during the interview. it was a very fun place to work.
Pros
employee appreciation, 20% employee discount, family like environment
Cons
health care not applicable to part time employees, short hours, not enough shifts
Productive and Friendly Environment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 8, 2016
J.C.Penney has a daily morning meeting about our sales what strives us to do better even when we are at our best. customer service is their number one priority. when I walk in the door I have positive outlook through out everyday there and I go in learning new things from jcp.com order, organizing,stock replenishment(restocking what is not on the floor) and reviewing displaying ( learning how to make the store looking better).
is a large retail store with many locations within the US and abroad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 8, 2016
I did seasonal work during the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year of 2013-14. I put out and removed merchandise, priced, processed lay away, was a cashier, straightened merchandise, and other job related duties.
Pros
Schedules, work opportunities, environment and associates
Cons
irate customers, but I was able to diffuse issues
Love the atmosphere!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAFebruary 7, 2016
Although I do not have very much tenure with JCPenney, I have been a loyal customer/fan forever. The atmosphere is the best I have ever experienced! I was not searching for a new position when the recruiter from JCPenney contacted me, but I was so excited to have the chance to be part of their team! In my position as Human Resources Manager, my job is dealing with people on a regular basis - associates, supervisors, managers, as well as customers. We have a very cohesive team that work well together. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with people each and every day and help them through difficult situations. Performance management is the hardest part of my job. The most important thing is to ensure that you are being fair and consistent and in line with the company's expectations.
Pros
great atmosphere, work-life balance, compensation
Cons
staff reductions due to company restructuring
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Batesville, ARFebruary 7, 2016
I come in and work with customers whether in clothing or jewelry to find the right thing. It is a team effort and we all work together keeping the customers happy and the store looking neat and straight. I love the people that I work with.
Pros
Team work, management is amazing, benefits are great
Cons
hours are scarce at times.
unhappy
Salon Designer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 7, 2016
almost everyday management always had negative things to say but in their minds thinking it will boost us up to be better in our jobs. When you hear it every day you start to feel that work is a place of punishment, and they dangle your job over your head telling you ways you could get fired. My lead manager was the nicest in the store, and I could always talk to her when there was a problem such as with my co workers who were what i'd say the more favorable in higher management. Because they could do no wrong. There was things they would say that was truly not OK, and I tried to go higher than HR and they said they would deal with it but they brushed it off because its not that big of a deal. It was sad also because our paychecks were always different, no matter the hours we worked. Nothing is guaranteed, and you have to be OK with that.

In the salon its not a team and there's nothing anyone could do to make it a team so out of the 17 people who worked there only 4 actually did what they were supposed to do. Worked on their clients, knew what was appropriate and inappropriate to say out loud, help fold towels, restocking and staying off your phones on the salon floor.

I truly wish I had something positive to say about working there, jcpenney doesn't pay well enough to treat their employees as awful as they do. And even if they pay more, nobody deserves to be treated as such.
Great work environment
LOSS PREVENTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 5, 2016
JCPenney has one of the best work environments I've ever been apart of. The managers are very willing to help you in hard situations

Want to know more about JCPenney?

Ask a question
N/a
Sales Associate / Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAFebruary 5, 2016
I would stock the shelved and do a lot of cleaning. We would sometimes answer the phone or assist a customer with an online purchase.
A very smooth laid back environment
Men's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALFebruary 4, 2016
Jcpenny taught me how to build a bond with customers and also how to sell the product. my co-workers were extremely outgoing and helped out any way they could.
Pros
Fun managers
Cons
Short breaks
Teamwork, Family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 3, 2016
This Job is amazing everyone treats each other like family its amazing i love this job but at times its hard to maintain with hours
no hours and poor pay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 3, 2016
this would be a great place if you wanted a part time job, my hours went from 40 to 20 in a matter of months.my job want also liquidated twice will i was there.
Pros
great management
Cons
bad pay
Great Sesonal/Temp Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2016
Working at JC Penney was a geat experience while attending school. The position was temporary, during the holiday season.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoy going to work at JC Penny's every day. Its a great place to work for the time being. Great staff and co-workers. I enjoy interacting with all the customers.
A great part-time job
Window Coverings Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoy working at JCPenney, but it is a great part-time job. My co-workers are very nice and is a great team who really like to work together.
Great place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYFebruary 3, 2016
Fast paced great place to work. Great associates. The training is great. Coaching and training is available for associates that need it, and on-going training is also available.
Productive and Fast
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Hectic job but productive
Time flies when you do your work and recover the store
Very tiring but if you enjoy staying busy then its actually fun
Management was a little poor but the job it self wasn't bad
Well maintained business with an eye for details.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAFebruary 2, 2016
I worked with some very impressive people and the customers were well informed about what they wanted thru this store. The inventory was always up to date and of good quality.