JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 11,557 reviews matching the search
Sucked.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 27, 2017
I never got a break when I was scheduled for one, the training was horrible, I had to learn everything by myself. The managers were friendly and so were most associated.
Pros
nice managers/associages, 20% discount
Cons
never got my breaks
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers
Sales Assistant/Stock Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHMarch 27, 2017
Assisting customers with their purchases, opening charges, straightening department
I learned how to place special orders for draperies and blinds
Department managers were fair, store manager was strict
The store was small and really not as busy as I was used to in my previous retail position
The hardest part was only working part-time
Dealing with customers is always a pleasure
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Only part-time and low pay
Favorite employer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 27, 2017
I loved worker for jcpennys great managers and customers
Hours were amazing compensation was outstanding overall I was upset when I moved would have loved to spend more time there
A good place to work.
Home Division Mail Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 27, 2017
This was an OK entry job. Unfortunately, there was little room for advancement. I left this job for a better paying position. I would recommend this for someone fresh out of high school.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
Very limited advancement
It was a job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMarch 27, 2017
I loved the people that I worked with as a team. Some people were there to work and others were there to collect a paycheck and nothing more. I was part of a recovery team and just helped keep the store looking nice and organized. Hardest part was having to stay after hours during the holidays and back to school days. Enjoyable part was the people I worked with in my team.
Pros
People and customer interaction
Cons
Late hours.
Hard-working for not many hours or good compensation.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYMarch 27, 2017
It's a good first job, but it is hard to move up and the expectations can be unreasonable. The pay is not good and the hours are long and tiring, and it leaves almost no time for social or family life, especially during the busy seasons. It feels like they don't care about the little guy so to speak. It's a good supplementary income.
Pros
Store Discount
Cons
Short break, over working, low compensation, long hours.
Hair Salon Receptionist
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2017
This particular job had a lot of flexibility. I was in charge of making appointments for the hair salon , maintenance of the salon, and stocking inventory. I loved this job but during the time I was there our department of Jcpenney didn't have a manager therefore at times we didn't have the guidance that we needed,
Fun, positive, workplace.
Internet Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMarch 27, 2017
I loved helping the customers with day to day issues with placing orders and questions on returns. The employees and customers provided an excellent job experience for me. The management was very nice and helpful to.
Great company to work for
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMarch 26, 2017
I learned a lot I served as Lead for 200 temp associates in the pricing section for 5 years. Also handled all inventory and order filling sections exp
Not sure
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2017
jCPenny was a okay place to work. There was sometimes too much drama going on. there is a lot of favoritism that goes on at the orange park location...
great work environment
Asset Protection Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 26, 2017
Great work environment, friendly and caring associates and management, flexible hours, can be challenging at times, It is an all around great work environment
Fair, enjoyable work.
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 26, 2017
The job is fairly enjoyable, very low stress and extremely easy going with a nice group of coworkers who make the experience that much more enjoyable.
Pros
Multiple breaks, employee discount
Cons
Low pay, early hours
Great place for college student
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 26, 2017
Allowed me to work over the holiday season when I was home on break from school. Hours varied daily but were flexible. Work as cashier during holiday season is as you would expect.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Busy, cleaning up after customer's messes
Fun place to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 26, 2017
Assist customers in purchases, merchandise stock shelves. Making customers feel welcomed and treat them like family. What I learned is how to deal with tough or rude customers in a professorial manner.
Pros
Being able to make a customer happy and satisfied.
Cons
Dealing with rude customers.
Very high volume store
Division 3 Department Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 25, 2017
This store is very high volume with a very high turnover rate. The customers are difficult and the management was not very progressive. There was not much as far as training and development. It was very unorganized.
Large turnover
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAMarch 25, 2017
Although I had started at the bottom and worked my way up , I found in the end that with a new managerial staff we had a large turnover of employees, most of the time we were short staffed and many employees were given more responsibilities than they had time to complete, wich led to a hostile work environment!
Pros
Gained the experience I needed to advance
Cons
Small store and understaffed
It's a fun place to work if your are a people person
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, MAMarch 25, 2017
It's a lot of wrok but it makes the day go by faster. The manager are very helpful and nice. The associated care about customer and treat them very good
great company to work for
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMarch 24, 2017
jC Penney was an amazing company to work for, i was sad to leave. Always room to grow and improve your skills with very good benefits. Great salon atmosphere.
Pros
good work enviornment
Cons
no windows to outside
j.c penney is good.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 24, 2017
I never had any issue with J.C. Penney.The management is good,employees are consistent.The company has it's up's and downs but for now I think,it is operating far above expectation.
Amazing
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSMarch 24, 2017
A typical day at work at JC penny is so exciting. You get to meet new people everyday. Behind the counter you learn how to manage money and give the customers a great satisfaction so they can go home with smiles on their faces. The employees are very sweet they care about you trying to do the best you can so that you can do what you need to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you don't have to sit around all day you can be up and running.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
nothing