JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 14,180 reviews matching the search
Enjoyed my time at JcPenny until it went of business
Floor Sales (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXSeptember 20, 2017
At times it was a fast paced work day. I enjoyed working there learned about sales, management was great and friendly the hardest part of the job was when the store announced that they were closing their doors
Great workplace
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 20, 2017
I worked morning. Great place to work but everything is flexible. Great individuals that work as a team. Very good communicating skills when on the job.
boring work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 20, 2017
it was too much work and so stressful .
sometimes I used to work overnight then come back after non,
plus I started studying so I couldn't do both
and I didn't have weekends off
it was okay
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 20, 2017
jcpennys wasnt a fun place to be very boring and slow didnt get enough hours so my paychecks were really short. i liked that i got disocunts but never really used them anywasy
Great place to work.
Project Liaison (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed this position. The culture in the department was good cause being in finance required quietness. This is different from a school environment. The opportunity to learn a lot of different things and advance within the department.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
The distance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 20, 2017
I interested so much working in this place & I had good experience in customer service from working for Jcpenney.
I just had to leave them to stay home with my kids in the summer break.
Really enjoyed my job and worked very hard to become district sales leader.
District Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYSeptember 20, 2017
My job at JcPenneys was very competitive, high pace and stressful due to meeting quotas every month. Due to the increased number of sales I had my quotas where very high. I averages sales of six figures plus annually; therefore I had to sale $100.00 an hour most months and the pre-holiday sales required more sales per hour.
Pros
Enjoyed competition and meeting challenges
Cons
extremely high quota expectations.
Sylist at woodfield
Master Designer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Jcpenney used to be a pretty good place to work, with various walk-ins and great education. In the last 2 years we hardly receive education and the walk-ins are scarce and you need to be cut throat to get them. Receptionists only give walkins to their friends. Jcpenney is no longer a company to grow with in fact it's not a place you want to stay with. Other Stylists gang up on each other and the culture is all around horrible. When approaching management they don't want to be bothered and tell you to discuss the problem with the stylist who is giving you a hard time. That is just completely unprofessional. I'm a little concerned why management wouldn't want a happier work place.That would make for more productive stylists and all around better environment. Also they want you to do the Sephora teams hair for $15 dollars. That includes all colors and haircuts.
Pros
discount
Cons
extremely competitive. Favoritism amongst stylists, stressful environment
A great fast and working environment putting out clothes
Receiving Clerk ,stocking (Former Employee) –  Lubbock TexasSeptember 20, 2017
Unloading trucks setting everything out to be loaded on the floor change price tags and remove newer clothes to the front fix shoes and sign changes shoeboxes rotated shoes for clearance markdowns
Great job for high school graduates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 19, 2017
This job is great for high school graduates or if you are trying to build up your resume super friendly environment and great hours also manegament is on point and wiling to work with you and your life schedule.
Associates are great
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 19, 2017
Love working with customers
Busy around the holidays longer hours and late hours
Management stressful
The hardest part is getting credit
Great working with associates teamwork.
Pros
Discount
Cons
no breaks sometimes
discount
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 19, 2017
i enjoyed working there because of the discount and always meeting new people and i enjoy shopping so i always get to latest fashion trends and it located in the mall.
Pros
discount and location
Cons
always buying something like i was working to give them back my money.
Prodcutive
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTSeptember 19, 2017
Safe environment. Managers are very sweet and do their best to make sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing. I learned to greet other customers and make them my first priority while they are shopping. Our main focus in the store is to keep it clean and help the customer find what they are searching for,whether it is online or in store. You may have the choice of ordering from another store or by ordering online in case if the item can not be found in the store. The hardest part of the job is not finding an item online for a customer and leaving the customer with no other choice but having to obtain an item from a different store. Everyone overall is very sweet and ready to take on any task that they are given. Associates are very work driven and this is very important
Pros
Birthday Parties Once A Month, Vending Machine and water provided
Can be a fun place to work. Some good people working there.
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Very customer service oriented. People are willing to share their knowledge of day to day duties. Community involvement is important. They do different events such as back pack giveaways.
Organized , Friendly and Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKSeptember 19, 2017
Relaxed pace , very routine.
I learned how to operate a point of service system , multi task and build my communication with customers and suggest sales. Management is very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Very Friendly Staff
Cons
Required Holiday Work
I enjoyed my time here
Visual Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg SCSeptember 19, 2017
I spend almost 20 years in the store and served many roles. However, once my daughter was of a certain age I accepted a position at a local hospital for a much higher hourly rate. I was topped out at my salary range, with no hope of an increase unless the minimum wage was increased.
Pros
wonderful work family
Cons
wage cap
Stressful Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WISeptember 19, 2017
overwhelming environment, after training you get thrown onto the call center floor, with very little knowledge or answers for customers. Very strict environment
My Opinion
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, CASeptember 19, 2017
The management team, with the exception of the store manager, was mediocre. The Store Manager was always there for you and would always pitch in when and where needed. The management team directly under him, however, did not entirely care to help where needed; they would always have the supervisors do their job.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
managers
Productive and Fun place
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WASeptember 19, 2017
Very exciting and fun place to work for. Had returning customers that made the job fun. I would enjoy making online orders for customers. The hardest part of the job was leaving the job. I made very close connections with the staff and Customers.
not very good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 19, 2017
They lacked structure and their company is falling down. They dont actually care about their empolyees. Everyone is just a head to count off and they don't pay enough