JCPenney
3,367 reviews

JCPenney Employer Reviews

Great management team
Customer Inquiry Representative (Former Employee), Kentwood, MIJuly 10, 2014
I love people. It was nice to have diversity. The customers were my favorite part.
Enjoyable place to work for high school students.
Sales Support and Material Handler (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJuly 10, 2014
Pros: co-workers are like family, customers are nice
Cons: short breaks, not enough pay.
Nice and fun co-workers make this job pretty cool. Some days are more enjoyable than others, but overall it isn't that bad. Holidays are the worst in any retail setting.
Productive worplace.
Cashier, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), TexasJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch on worked holidays.
Cons: insurance was expensive.
A typical day at work was cashiering, folding clothes and returning them to where they belonged. I learned to work quickly and to give people great customer service. My co-workers were mainly high school graduates. The hardest part of the job was keeping busy when it was slow. The most enjoyable part was cashiering.
Friendly coworkers
stocker (Former Employee), Hanford ca.July 10, 2014
Pros: good employee discounts
Cons: no hours part time
Typical big business. Mostly part time hours, all about profit. Employees that are not supervisors get very little hours, which shows in messy display and very poor customer service.
fun and easy
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJuly 10, 2014
if fashion is what you love then jcp is the place to be great product. good discount is a plus. friendly workers and a great place to earn money and have great co workers.
Not a good work team
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAJuly 9, 2014
everyone is not on the same page, the management do whatever they want and tell you to do the opposite.
Retail
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 9, 2014
Helping customers with their purchases, handling money, nice co-workers. Great enviroment to be in.
Worked mens section in clothing department store.
Recovery/Floor Associate (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 9, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: only 3 day contract
My job was to make sure the department was clean and also worked with dressing room area. The job was only for tax-free weekend.
co workers are nice and friendly the supervisor aswell
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: 3 dollars bonus for credit cards
Cons: it's not my field
most enjoyable part its interacting with all kinds of people makes me feel happy
Fast-changing company
Human Resources Supervisor (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXJuly 8, 2014
JC Penney is a company that is experiencing much change in the recent years. It's been an invaluable experience in adaptability and being flexible with changing priorities. The team is full of passionate employees who are dedicated to the company.
Challenge & Reward
Financial Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 8, 2014
JC Penney has been a challenging and rewarding company at which to work.
it's a nice place to work
FAMILY DOLLAR, ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), chicago, ILJuly 8, 2014
friendly environment great customers.
i'VE LEARNED A LOT WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY.
MY COWORKERS ARE GREAT AND THE TEAM EFFORT THAT GOES INTO MAKING IT A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR THE CUSTOMERS IS WONDERFUL
Used to be fun and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Taylor, MIJuly 8, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything else
This company used to be fun and enjoyable to work for. Now you come into work and you have to be worried about losing more hours so they can stay under budget or being yelled because what you did wasn't good enough. This is the first year for appraisals and management was told not to give any employees "meets expectations" because everyone can do better – more... therefore, nobody will get a raise. The co-workers (what is left of them) are the most enjoyable. Many good workers have left due to this tyranny and cutting of hours. – less
My Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), TennesseeJuly 7, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: not a lot of hours. overworked managers. low pay.
There is no coherent top-own corporate policy on ANYTHING. Policies change on coupons depending on how the manager feels. Managers aren't very supportive. They are too overworked to provide decent customer service or help those under them. And the managers push you to sign up people for credit cards, and your hours are affected by how many of those – more... applications that you get. You never know what to do, and when you ask more than one manager they have a different answer for you every time, so you have to make your own decision. – less
Excellent communicative crew and lively work environment.
Shoe Associate (Former Employee), Fort CollinsJuly 7, 2014
Having the ability to spend your whole day talking to customers and giving them advice on comfort, style and talking to them on a personal level makes anyone's job extremely enjoyable no matter what you have to accomplish throughout your shift.
Absolutely awful
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Redding, CAJuly 7, 2014
Low pay, poor management, no health benefits, very rigid corporate structure. Management would constantly add to my work load without ever giving me a raise.
Fun place to work with a lot of labor involved
Support Team Member (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJuly 7, 2014
I worked in the back of the store where we receive shipments for the store and we would open up huge boxes of merchandise and disperse them throughout the store based on departments. I learned a lot about hard work and labor, I was one of the few males on the job so we always had to do the heavy lifting and there was a lot of it. Moving huge fixtures, – more... tables, doors, dressers, using ladders. It was a lot of down and dirty work. Co-workers were the best part and working within a team is always fun. Management however can be very harsh and not understanding, it was by far the worst part of the job. Overall though the job had its pros and cons and there are worse jobs out there. – less
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Owasso, OKJuly 7, 2014
Very easy money and easy job overall... loved working there but i needed more hours
JC Penney
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 6, 2014
Pros: learning new experiences on a daily basis
Everyday was a new challenge. Everyday I would learn something new about the company in how to become a better leader and sales manager. My co-workers were great to work with. Hardest part would be finding associates to work when people call in and the most enjoyable part is working with the public.
Great associates to work with.
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Waterford, CTJuly 6, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: healthcare and benefits
It is a great place to work at because everyone is so friendly and we all work as a team.

1 2 3 4 5

About JCPenney

A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. – Read more