JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 10,545 reviews matching the search
Hours were harsh but the days went by pretty fast
Sales Associate and Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIDecember 1, 2016
They had me work 5-6 days a week while I'm a high school student still so it was hard at first to maintain everything but it worked out.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days, sort of a boring place
stressful work enviornment
JCPenney Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 1, 2016
managers are rude, and disrespectful allow other employees to discriminate and harass certain ethnic groups of customers and other employees. the customers were great and the product is great but the employees are not so polite
good people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 1, 2016
pay is not that good. they want you to work all kinds of hours and be available to work at a moments notice but will cut your hours down to nothing at a drop of a hat. not the company it was 15 years ago
This was a good company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILDecember 1, 2016
I liked working for JCPenney because of the nice clothes, shoes, etc. they have. We got raises when due, you can work on your off days if someone called off. Had good employees and managers.
Pros
We had employee discounts on sale and original items.
Cons
Cleaning up the store after closing was a monster.
Asset Protection Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 30, 2016
It was a wonderful place to work. Everyone there was fantastic.i would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a job. the only bad part about JCPenney is i didn't feel as if there was enough opportunity to grow in the company
it was nice there, people were friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMNovember 30, 2016
i liked working there because it was really fast pace and thats what i really enjoyed the most. working with people was really nice. the mall is small and JC penney use to always be packed
Pros
everyone stuck to themselves
Cons
short breaks during the holidays
Appreciative and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WANovember 30, 2016
JC Penney i think is a nice place to work at but it isn't for everyone and i wouldn't permanently work there unless you live close by and don't mind inconsistent shifts.
Pros
discounts, appreciative, above minimum pay
Cons
inconsistant hours
Work and Fun
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed working here. It was an overall exciting environment. I loved my co-workers and how well you bond with everyone as soon as you get hired on.
Pros
great staff, parties for reaching quota goals
Cons
Not a fun place to work. All managers treat you like nothing. And always saying negative thing behind your back
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 30, 2016
For High schooler or College students. They treat you like nothing the one in bel air mall. They rude and manager always talking about you in a negative way to other mangers and even co workers. They will not give you a break. Managers sitting on there behind laughing at you when you in need of help. Not a good place to work. For the one in Mobile at the Bel air mall
Pros
Cons
Managers talk about co workers in a negative way. Doesn't care nothing about you
A lot of hours, without a ton of appreciation.
Leader on Duty (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSNovember 30, 2016
Management at the JcPenney in Hutchinson, KS was excellent. However, the employees seemed very down on their luck at all times, and therefore didn't want to work. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a rush of people, but if one has able to keep their head on, then they should be golden. Overall, the job was good job, but think some changes could be made to the moral of the place.
Pros
Good management, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Poor co-workers, poor work culture.
Great place many oppurtunities alot of diversity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NC 28054November 30, 2016
loved the diversity in the store and being able to talk to many new faces and getting to understand the flow of people. Had the opportunity to learn how to sell jewelry and understand how to set up a retail store.
Pros
discounts, skills
Cons
not enough hours or management positions
Stepping Stones
Billing Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 29, 2016
Its okay if you don't plan on staying there long.
They days in the warehouse are 10 hours and 12 hours durning peak. I do have AMAZING co-workers.
The hardest part is peak season.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
PEAK
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, MINovember 29, 2016
This was a great place to work, I wish I could have stayed at this company, but scheduling conflicted with my schooling and it was difficult to correct the issue.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Scheduling conflicts
Great Benefits and Easy Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2016
I like working there. They have great Benefits for your family and yourself. They also will help you gain more experiences to put on your resume. Easy work as well.
fun place
Children's department associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2016
love to shop? then you will love working in retail. i spent most of my check here on their great sales. typical day is a lot of cleaning up clothes off the ground , ringing up customers , and changing sales signs .
Pros
usually great people you work with on a team
Cons
breaks are hard to take, you might stay late if store is messy
jcp
Assest protection agent (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 29, 2016
New corporate heads making work more difficult. Enforcing unwritten rules and terminating with out any couching. U do bot recommend anyone to work for this company
I liked to be around people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2016
I always enjoyed working with my company it has been fun all the time. Always disciplined Management and coworkers, always easy going crew. I mis my job alot.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 29, 2016
A typical day consisted of many customers. I learned how to sell a credit card if necessary. Management was really good for the most point. They always took care of things. My co-workers were professional for the most point. The hardest part of the job were the customers who always thought they were right. Enjoyable part? When I would actually sell a credit card.
Pros
Food was provided on Holidays
Cons
No cons
JC Penny was a good opportunity
Studio Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILNovember 29, 2016
I started working at J C Penny after finishing my degree. It was very self paced and I worked in a self motivated environment and seemingly had a lot of freedom in improving the organization for that position. I gained valuable skills as well.
Pros
self paced and encouraging management
Cons
It was sometimes very slow, I had to really be creative
Friendly and organized workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GANovember 29, 2016
It was mainly about meeting the customers needs when it came down to it. Always making sure that all the customers left our store happy, and satisfied with our services to them.