JCPenney
5,565 reviews

JCPenney Employee Reviews

employee friendly
Lead Expert (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 20, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: the incressing responsibleties
staying busy with employees ,training, coaching, learned to be more productive use my mind not my back , I have a great team of co- workers ,we r a team, ,Hardest part oh my job is scheduling , Employees come up and say I cant work this day I need this day off I need to leave early , the most enjoyable is the customers
Good compensation, fun environment
Replenishment Team (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMay 20, 2015
Helpful supervisors,managers, and co-workers. Fast pace work environment that provided me with substantial experience and knowledge in stock room organization, freight unloading, shelf restocking, and customer service.
The Experience of Retail
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Southaven, MSMay 19, 2015
Pros: recognition and bonuses
Cons: Vacation time, benefits
A typical day at work was greeting customers and helping them to choose and locate merchandise. Working as a sales associate I learned how to be patient and value the different demeanors that individuals has. The co-workers that I worked with were team players everyone was willing to work together to accomplish the goal that was set or duties that need to be completed. The hardest part of my job was to keep the attitude of every customer is right even when they are clearly wrong and also dealing with the different personalities of customers was also a challenge. The most enjoyable part of my job was being allowed to be involved behind the scenes far as organizing and mapping out displays for the store.
productive and fun workplace
visual specialist (Current Employee), garden city new yorkMay 19, 2015
Pros: managers were very helpful
Cons: lack of work hours and benefits
a typical day would include me looking at the computer and ipad finding the graphics you need and changing the floor set for the month that includes graphics, fixtures, and updating mannequins. and giving the store a nice clean finish.
If you dont have a steady clientelle do not work here.
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Frisco Texas Stonebriar MallMay 19, 2015
Pros: Quiet- laid back. Friendly co-workers, free classes.
Cons: Management breathing down your neck. Short notice meetings and classes. Hard to reach goals.
I love this salon and the people I work with. The management Is not the greatest. They have unrealistic goals you have to make to stay there. They will tell you they are busy, but truth is, its not. The front desk is told to give clients to certain people. So if your new, or a "designer" level you will not get a walk-in until all the masters and seniors are completely full first. Then its battle over the walk-in between the available designers. There Is definitely some strong favoritism is this salon. They are hiring like crazy and tricking people into coming here with empty promises and lies. This place has a lot of potential but I fear with the remodel things are about to get very intense with management. Too stressful and very unrealistic.
I would not recommend this place.
Had to keep busy always something to do.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint George, UTMay 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible with hours
Cons: Short Staff
Making sure that all dressing rooms were clean and had no clothes in them. Folding clothes and making them look nice, helping customers with anything such as ringing them up to showing them to another department in the store.
enjoyed working with them
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houma, LAMay 18, 2015
I've learned how to fold the clothes properly, never in one place, always on the go, loved management, my coworkers were nice and helpful, the hardest part of the job was to make sure the clothes were all folded neatly and help customers to the dressing rooms, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people
a fun place to work with family atmosphere
Window Specialist/Sales Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAMay 18, 2015
Pros: was the family and team members
Cons: was the pay and the hours
A fun place to work we worked as a team members we were a family are benefits were good we got a 25% discount we help each other
JCPenney was close to home and kept me busy.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Queensbury, NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: Working with employees I for whom I was responsible.
Cons: Vacation time frequently denied causing me to loose it in January.
Every day I either opened or closed the store. I learned how to do set changes on a monthly basis. My co-workers were supportive and dependable. The hardest part of my job was having to work every holiday except Christmas. Also, my vacation time was denied a lot and I lost it in January. I enjoyed my workers. They strived to accomplish any task given to them.
Productive and fun work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Natchez, MSMay 18, 2015
I love discounts! Great place to work! Great management team, very understanding. Balanced well with schedule. Fast paced environment.
Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Jasper, INMay 18, 2015
Associates are caring and helpful with all customers. Everyone is treated fairly. Best part about the job is the working together as a team and achieving as much as we can.
Exciting
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 17, 2015
Pros: when the company treats us to lunch or special dinners.
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work is pretty busy. Customer satisfaction is always the main focus. Making sure our guest have an enjoyable shopping experience. Processing purchases, returns, special orders, credit card sign ups, and applications. And much more. The hardest part of the job is when equipment doesn't work the way it should or trying to please and appease difficult customers. My management is always there to stand by the associates and lend a helping hand. I've learned to stay calm when situations get tense. Always show excellent customer service even when circumstances are challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is the support and fun I have with my co workers and making customers happy.
Good work enviroment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great work enviroment
Cons: no benefits
I have worked in many kinds of environments but JcPenney's was the best because of the people. It was very relaxed and friendly and everyone got along (don't get me wrong you always have a few who try to make it so negative). But overall it was the best work environment I have ever had. The only bad thing is this was a part time job with no benefits, otherwise, I would still be working at JcPenney's today!
I enjoyed my co- workers
Replenishment Specialist (Former Employee), Buford, GAMay 16, 2015
When first hired I loved my job ! but then there were changes in managment and I began to hate it. It was a easy job because I loved to do it and be around clothes and organize them.
Co workers are great!
sales person (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDMay 16, 2015
Loved the job! Pressure on getting I-Caps everyday. JCPenny is a great company to work for. Management always tried to keep everyones spirits up. They appreciated the hard work that we did on the floor.
fun
Customer Service Rep/Certified Shoe Fit Specialist (Former Employee), Matteson, ILMay 16, 2015
great benefit was the associate discount and knowing when merchandise went on sale before anyone else, especially if u like to shop
Multi-Task
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Triadelphia, WVMay 16, 2015
Co-workers are friendly. Multi- Task. Stay Busy. Clean Up Messes. Run Cash Registers. Clean Up Messes. Help Customers find What they need.
Long term
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAMay 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules, incentives
Cons: Opportunites for advancement
At JCpenney I would cashier, clean the fitting rooms, do display, restock, inventory, meet credit card and catalog quotas, price merchandise, answer phone inquires, open/closed registers and provide great customer service.

While working with the company I learned how to provide and attend to a customer's needs, meet my goals in a timely manner, how to communicate with others, strengthen my attention to detail, and work in a fast pace environment.

My management and co workers at the company made my experience at JCPenney rewarding. They are understanding, supportive and are attentive to any concerns I had. Many of my managers an coworkers have become lifelong friends.

The most enjoyable parts of being at JCPenney was the friends I've made while working for the company. It was also rewarding when customers took time out of their day to leave great feedback on my customer service.
good job
Work in the shoe department as A shoe Associate (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJMay 16, 2015
its alot of work but i manage to work well with my coworkers and tio provide great customer service
i enjoy most is be able to put a smile on the customers face
Fun atmosphere with very little compensation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVMay 15, 2015
Pros: great culture
Cons: minimum wage
JCPenney is an enjoyable workplace where I learned a lot about customer service and increased my people skills but the ability to move up within the company is very unlikely.

About JCPenney

A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. – Read more

JCPenney Salaries