JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 14,149 reviews matching the search
Fast-paced enviroment and friendly coworkers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALSeptember 16, 2017
I have been a sales associate with JCP for a little over a year now in the women's department. It has been a great experience with awesome coworkers and managers.
Pros
Associate discount
Cons
Limited hours and slow advancement
its up to date with fashion
Asset Protection Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 16, 2017
there is never enough employees, its embarrassing to see customers in long lines, and there is nothing you can do.
cutting hours all the time so we never finish cleaning the floor, sometimes we open without closing the store completely
Pros
its fun working with others
Cons
no help
Very team orientated
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 16, 2017
I like my job, co workers and suppervisor. Good place to work. Had to change jobs because they could not work around my hours at my other job, Love my hours and discounts
Pros
team work
Cons
hours and benefits
productive fun inclusive environment
Sales Support/Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Brea, CA (transferred from CO to Brea in )September 16, 2017
Work mostly in the catalog dept functioning as my own supervisor...i am trusted to problem solve and efficiently meet customers needs to satisfaction.
Pros
diverse individuals, is Awesome, fellow associates are amazing, individuals of all cultural and religious backgrounds JCPenney rocks as a hiring team talent search
Cons
Retail business, struggling, across the board
Nice and relaxed
Retail Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 15, 2017
The job was very relaxed. The main problems were the older employees would talk down and try to be your boss and were rude. A lot the other supervisors were pretty nice except a few. The schedule hours were horrible, sometimes working 1 day a week on a flexible schedule. They show a lot of favoritism and that's who got most of the hours. If u were able to open a lot of credit cards in a day, you got the most hours. Unstandable to a certain degree but a lot of great workers who are stronger in other areas not hardly working at all.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hardly any hours
Ok if you dont plan on staying long
Packer (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 15, 2017
I was here for almost 3yrs. At the beginning it was great. As the years went along, management got worse, people became lazy, didn't matter who you were, you could be hired. This job has a huge turn over rate and they don't keep any of their promises. Temp to hire people would come in as seasonal and then all get put out of work once the season was over. Even though, they were told it was a temp to hire. Management only care about themselves and there is no room to advance in a career. Bonus' are not given out and it's very hard to plan other events around your work schedule. They are very bad at telling when work is mandatory in a good time frame
Okay job for beginner stylists
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 15, 2017
If you don't care about pay then it is a great place to start your cosmetology career. They offer free classes to advance your knowledge in cutting and coloring.
jcp
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 15, 2017
I knew from day one the exciting environment and people would keep me engaged forever! My team is like a family and we have potlucks all the time. The customers are awesome! We have regulars that come in just to see us. Great place to work.
great place to work for part time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILSeptember 15, 2017
very fast place to work, alot of telephone work, had many opportunities to do different type work at Pennys, besides customer service I had the opportunity to work in the credit department as well train new associates.

Made many life time friends working there.
Pros
great people
I can take the time I need to get to know the guest.
Custom Window Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INSeptember 15, 2017
Friendly environment. Rather slow paced in the Home Department, where I am stationed. What I enjoy most is assisting guests in designing their window treatments. It can be a long and detailed process, and I enjoy the opportunity to get to know the guest as it helps me find appropriate ideas and solutions for him or her.
Pros
Great coworkers and management
Cons
no benefits
Good Company
Customer Service Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 15, 2017
I was only part time but they were very flexible with hours and days you could work or not. Good training program. Management was good and made every attempt to keep the staffed informed of any changes.
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
weekends, nights and holidays
High stress, constantly changing, understaffed, high expections from supervisors
Merchandise Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOSeptember 15, 2017
Hardest part of the job is the daily changing expections. Minimal staffing and supervision for amt of employees. Time to finish projects very limited, always changing staffing issues and new employees to train with very limited budget for staffing with constant budget cuts due to sales.
Pros
employee recogintion
Cons
weekends and lots of evening shifts, only 1 weekend off a month
Productive work enviornment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 14, 2017
I clearly am giving review for call center not the retail store. I was advised the call center in Carmichael Ca. was closing down and if i were to move Arizona i would have a job. I loved my job there as a catalogue order taker.It ended way too soon.
Pros
Nice break area
Cons
Center closed so out of work.
Fun people and great environment
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXSeptember 14, 2017
The store manager is amazing but I work in the salon and the managers they have in there are not very nice . Super rude and very lazy and selfish. But the company over all is a very good company to work for .
I have always enjoyed Jcpenney
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDSeptember 14, 2017
Pros
love my coworkers and customers
Cons
Corporate need to understand that the workload is a lot more than the hours allocated
Fun Place to work with great people and culture.
Director of Construction (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Love JCP. People are great. Work is balanced but challenging.
Mornings are relaxed followed by project reviews with VP
Culture is relaxed but challenging with unique projects.
Hardest part of the job is not enough time in the day.
Enjoyable part of the job are the people, pay and vacation.
Pros
Vacation, Pay, Culture
Cons
Healthcare
Fun
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 14, 2017
As a seasonal employee is didn't get much of the experience that this review is asking for. It was fun, the manager was awful but that's the way it is in most retail..
jc penney
Servicio al Cliente (Temporero) (Former Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRSeptember 14, 2017
costumers and asociates do there purchace the way they want it and asociates are really confident and give there good costumer service based on what the costumers needs
Not a secure job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Management was not effective.Team is very understanding and works hard to make sure employees are happy.However, at any given time you could be let go. Job stability here is nonexistent.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
even you did explained to manager your reason to be absence, they still fired you
fun helping customers and learn more about customer service
CUSTOMER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 14, 2017
It was a good experience for me , I learned a lot about customer service and how to have the ability to read customers,patience is in the top of customer service, and building a good relationships with customers.Helpful and friendly environment will ensure they leave with a great impression.This is the most enjoyable part of the jop.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks