JCPenney
3,866 reviews

JCPenney Employer Reviews

Productive and challenging company to work for
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee), Plano, TXNovember 16, 2014
Pros: office gym
Cons: long commute
- I have found that there is never a typical day at work; there are some days with back to back meetings, some days that are filled with writing orders and monitoring shipments, and some days where I assort collections by reviewing sales and implementing strategies.
- I have learned a large amount about the retail business as a whole; from buying and – more... analyzing sales to creating daily signs and promotions.
- Overall, I enjoy the people I work with and for. Everyone seems to have the same goal to better the company as a whole.
- The hardest part of the job is wanting to progress in my career but there aren't available/open positions.
- The best part of my job is truly doing what I enjoy and feeling challenged/ stimulated everyday. – less
Secure employment with promote from within company.
Senior Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Florence, ALNovember 15, 2014
Pros: discounts, stock investments
Cons: long hours, salaried
Honored to be a part of JCPenney Corporation.
I enjoyed the challenges each level achieved.

see resume
Customer Service cash register
SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: not much hours
cash register customer service online orders store recovery cleanup and presentation. Pricing visual and opening and closing duties.
LP
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Carson, CANovember 14, 2014
Pros: discount
Awesome place to work, and understand laws regarding shoplifting. I recommend this Company.
close to home, part time
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Midlothian, VANovember 13, 2014
We were evaluated on how many problems we resolved, or tried to resolve, within an hour. I punched in at the time clock, signed into my computer in my workstation. It was pretty much non-stop until first break. We received many calls daily, placed just as many. The average hours were 5 a day. The average week 4 days except for Christmas time. The job – more... was demanding as it was mostly resolving problems. There were no medical benefits. The best part was the people I worked with. Also when I was first hired the hours enabled me to spend time with my 3 teenagers. – less
Wonderful Benefits
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Pineville, NCNovember 13, 2014
• Responsible for opening credit applications
• Used portable scanner to service customers throughout the store.
• Also had duties related to loss prevention and recovery
• Opened/ closed the store.
• Participated in several management projects related to shipment planning and training new hires.
Productive workplace
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: health and dental insurance
Unloaded trucks stocked shelves overnight. Also operated cash registers
JcPenny was a great learning experience for me
Sales Associate/ Assistant Merchandiser (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 12, 2014
I looked forward to going to work my dept manager was very supportive with my decisions.
Excellent
Visual Merchandise Supervisor (Former Employee), Akron, OHNovember 12, 2014
The most fun and welcoming environment an employer could provide.
fun place
Sales Associate (Team Leader) (Former Employee), Aventura, FLNovember 11, 2014
Welcoming customers by greeting them, offering them assistance,directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters suggesting items to match there interest,advises customers by providing information on products and up coming sales,Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence, offering suggestions and opinions,Processes payments – more... by totaling purchases, processing checks, cash, and store or other credit cards,Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, and cleaning and organizing the sales floor – less
No work life balance
Sales Leader (Current Employee), Carson, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: company involvement and great incentives
Cons: long hours
No work life balance. Unrealistic goals. Schedule is always changing. The pay is decent and the company overall is great. They care about diversity and they are really involved in giving back.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Lombard, ILNovember 11, 2014
Great place to work,
If your looking for PT work
Fast pace enviorment
Great discount
Good job to learn how to handle money and refine customer service skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Paso Robles, CANovember 10, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: lack of advancement
I worked the cash register which taught me cash-handling and people skills. I always enjoyed working with my fellow associates. Dealing with unruly guests can be difficult but helping the nice guests make it worth it.
fun place to work at. meeting new people every day.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carolina, PRNovember 10, 2014
Pros: close to my home, discounts, steady pay.
Cons: last minute changes in work hours without notification, gossip
the hardest part of this job was knowing there was really little to no chance of advancement no matter how hard you worked. every day was almost the same but totally different in many ways. my co workers were great and i still talk to them from time to time.
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 9, 2014
I worked hands on with people! I was constantly meeting new people and learning new things about them. I was able to help customers find exactly what they were looking for and more. The management was incredible and always knew how to have a good time and my co-workers were some of my closest friends. The hardest part of the job was working holidays – more... and the most enjoyable part was working one on one with customers and helping them find exactly what they are looking for – less
It was very busy. I enjoyed the customers.
Catalog (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 9, 2014
The management system is a little one sided when it comes to certain aspects or employees. But overall, pretty good company.
Productive place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE JC PENNEY (Former Employee), Statesboro, GANovember 8, 2014
I worked as a cashier. I counted money at the beginning and end of my shift each day. My co-workers and managers all worked together the provide excellent customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers with their purchases.
Fun co-workers and sometimes fast paced work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brea, CANovember 7, 2014
Pros: cool break room
Cons: short lunches
I worked in the shoe department so a typical day would be re-stocking shoes as well as driving sales. Management would give me some direction and I would perform to the best of my ability. Co-workers made the job easier because I got along with them.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers but I handled them calmly. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was meeting cool people from different parts of the world. – less
cashier (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILNovember 6, 2014
Loved it when i worked for this company. Was always a fun and fast enviroment with great people working with you everyday. Just wished they didnt have to get rid of so many people when things started going down hill there for a bit
Good
Sales Support (Seasonal, Part-Time) (Current Employee), TexasNovember 6, 2014
Very Repetitive, Co-workers are very friendly. Overall work environment is pretty chill.

About JCPenney

A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. – Read more