JCPenney
3,565 reviews

JCPenney Employer Reviews

Very good place to worke
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not a career job to advance in
Good place to work as an college student and gain some experience in retail with the exception that this is not a job where advancement can be achieved.
Hours are flexible
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 13, 2014
I work in kids dept and I like helping the customers with their purchases
Not the Job for Me
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PAAugust 13, 2014
I did not like being a retail associate. Time seemed to drag, the location I was at my co-workers were much older.
Fun Place To Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: you get 25percent of discount
Cons: you only get one 15 min break if you work 6 hours or less
Fun Place to work they take good care of the costumer, but they really bug you about credit cards you have to get a certain number a week, have to do more then other managers/supervisors have there favorites they are really picky of whatever you do.
Its Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: retail
Its retail job. I personally would go work at the Mall of Louisiana.
Great staff, poor management.
Retail Sales (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great staff.
Cons: due to our short staff, no breaks.
Sales oriented company. Very nice place to work and made life long friends. Learned to be patient and satisfy the customer with their purchase. The most difficult part of the job was learning all the different window coverings available and all their features.

I truly enjoyed working in San Marcos, Texas, everyone was so friendly and very professional.
CO workers are great!
Replenishment/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARAugust 12, 2014
Most enjoyable point of the job is too interact with the customers!
Even with masive changes still good
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Twin Falls, IDAugust 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, discounts
Cons: company mandated hours of operation
A typical day for me is pulling and knowing prior day's sales and activity, accounting for all associates and having tills ready. On freight days; plan and/or put out merchandise for my departments (Woman's, Jewelry, Accessories). All day consists of maintaining high standards and providing outstanding customer service. The most enjoyable part of my – more... job is the interactions with others employees and customers. – less
Slow Paced friendly, hostile environment.
Retail Services Representative (Former Employee), Meriden, CTAugust 12, 2014
Pros: hour break
Cons: discounts
The management was great. I've improved on my customer service working at JCPenney. My days were very regualr, I worked in the Home department and I would check customers items out and/or returned their items.
Very Good Job Performance
Men's Department Associate (Former Employee), North Aurora, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: a very flexible schedule combined with good management made it a fine place to work.
Cons: being on my feet for more than 6 hours a day was painful, so i worked a schedule that was always part-time, except on black friday.
A typical day: 1) Assisting customers with their clothing needs, 2) Doing everything necessary to keep the sales floor neat and well-organized, including, but not limited to: folding clothes, hanging clothes, organizing clothes and accessories, some cleaning, etc., 3) Ringing up customers and taking their payments, 4) Ordering on-line for customers, – more... 5) Putting out new inventory, 6) Finding clothing at other JCP stores if the sizes or colors were not in stock, 7)Ticketing inventory, 8) Keeping the fitting rooms orderly, and 9) Taking credit card applications.

The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers' clothing requirements by finding appropriate clothing by size, price, color and style and taking measurements when necessary. Customer satisfaction was the most enjoyable part of the job.

My reviews were quite good. I was considered a relatively fast worker and I was thought to work well with customers. – less
Jcpenny
Jc penny (Former Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 12, 2014
What I didn't like about this company we weren't getting trained well, It was all poor management skills, The hardest part of the job was to reach the credit score goal, and that if you don't make it to the goal you lose hours
great learning environment
Sales Manager Divisions (Former Employee), Ashwaubenon, WIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: my boss
Cons: retail hours
Worked in a store that promoted from within, worked to create opportunities that benefited the employees. One of the best managers I ever worked for.
Laid back work zone with great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great workplace, dressing professional, well-respected
Cons: could have used more hours
My typical day at work encompassed all forms of retail. I ran cash registers, kept the sales floor nice and tidy, and dealt with all types of customers.

I learned the art of retail, how to run cash registers, people skills, types of clothing, and many first job experiences.

The management here was professional and were so friendly. I loved all of – more... my managers.

My co-workers were all like-minded people who were great to be around, I never had trouble with anyone.

The hardest part of my job would have been dealing with holiday rushes such as black Friday or the day after Christmas sales. – less
customer service
Cashier - Customer (Former Employee), Grandville, MIAugust 12, 2014
I loved being able to interact with customers and help them find things. my co workers were awesome and jcpenney was a great part time job.
growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Southaven, MSAugust 11, 2014
This company has helped me to excel in customer service tremendously
fun helping customers
TRLE/Human Resource Supervisor (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIAugust 11, 2014
Pros: daily incentives
Cons: being on your feet all the time
Multi task at all times, hardest part was dealing with angry or unsatisfied customers.
Friendly fun work environment.
Sales Associate / COCO Chanel Representative (Former Employee), Caguas, Puerto RicoAugust 11, 2014
A tipical day at work would be finding what the daily goal is for the sales and achieving them until the end of the shift. I have learned how to close a sale by creating trust and relationships with the customers to close a sales. Management was very professional by motivating and leading employees. The hardest part of the job would be achieving sales – more... on a slow day. The most part I enjoyed about my job was the people in the work environment . – less
fun part time job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLAugust 11, 2014
part time job was great while I went to school . good hours and great customer service
Loved my job and my coworkers
Visual Specialist (Former Employee), Joplin, MOAugust 11, 2014
Pros: very fashion foreward
Cons: positions and hours were cut severly
I was proud to walk through the store and know that I played a huge part in the look and feel of the store.
Has been a good place to work
Pricing Team Associate (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 11, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: company is converting to mostly part time employees.
A typical day is to come into work and try to complete the daily task at hand.
Greet customers and give good customer service.
Co-workers are great to work with.
Hardest part of the job is trying to complete daily task in the time allotted.
Most enjoyable part is the people you meet.

About JCPenney

A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. – Read more