JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 12,336 reviews matching the search
Fun
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 23, 2017
It was fun to work with the different people in different areas of the store everyone was nice and always had a smile the company is well organized also
reason why i left
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 23, 2017
I loved working at JCPeeneys, the only reason I left is because my student loans started to take a large lump some out of my check. Other than that I would have still still been there
Job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed working here, while I was still in high school. I was a sales rep, so I would go in after I got out of school. I would basically recover, make sure everything was in the right place. As well as take care of the customers who were there.
I enjoy what I do
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHMay 23, 2017
I love what I do for a living. Working in the salon is sometimes hard. The girls are catty but I think every salon will have that. My biggest problem is our color line. It doesn't make sense that we use one of the largest color lines available and we cant keep what we need in stock. I personally hate using a warm base color line because its hard to tone out. Jcpennys needs to realize the wasted money here but it goes far above my head and I don't plan on seeing any changes.
retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 23, 2017
slow but you get into the flow of things coworkers are really nice. but you dont really get that much perks except an employee discount. pretty good first job.
It was great to be a photogrpher
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTMay 23, 2017
it was stressful in the since that they expect you to work none stop no break. They ask a lot of you. You have to keep a certain sales average. there was no raise.
Pros
the people you meet
Cons
no raise
Best Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYMay 23, 2017
The people I worked with weren't just co-workers we were all family and still are even though I don't work there anymore. This was my first retail job and I loved it and learned so many good skills from it and have used those skills towards other jobs down the road since I've worked there.
Pros
Great team and skills
Cons
Moved out of state
rewarding helping customers find what they were looking for
Sales (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 23, 2017
i would open and sometimes close worker near the mall always interesting people to meet and assist. Good hours as well as easy commute to the store daily
High traffic customer flow, not enough back up
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 23, 2017
JC Penney is an extremely busy store, with a non-stop flow of customers coming. A shift can last from 4 hours to up to 10 hours long depending on the time of year. The lines get very long, but there are not enough cash register efficient associates on the floor to back up, some times managers would have to cover and provide addition back up when there are too many customers to handle.
I love my job
Customer Service Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 23, 2017
I love my job at jcpenney was customer window treatment specialist
I sold high end window treatment and Furniture. I did my displays in the drapery and bedding the department. I train the 3 people under me. I was a merchandiser assistant. I put a way stock. Our deptment sold million very year. I sold a 1/2 million drapery my self.
Pros
a have a great store manager
Cons
the pay changes
my co-workers made the day go by smoother
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 23, 2017
My co-workers at the time were so kind and easy to approach. My job was always extremely important to me. Would personally find ways to help get things done as well as help other complete tasks. I even made life long friends through this work place.
Not bad
Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 22, 2017
not a bad place to work, sometimes it is a lot for just one person to do in an area. It would get pretty chaotic at time, but the managers for the most part where not to bad.
Very friendly abd happy work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMay 22, 2017
I love working here. Everyone acts as a whole family. I was nervous to be working with new people but everyone is so friendly and it is a very enjoyable pllace to work.
Overworked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXMay 22, 2017
I would get the department that I would be working, worked cashier, offered up sales to customers, answered phone calls from online orders, helped customer find merchandise.
Pros
cashier, helping customers, pay
Cons
did't work with my school hours, worked long hours, was family oriented
Sucks
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 22, 2017
I was working there for a month and I was fired on my day off. A day they knew I couldn't work. With no warning at all. I will never recommend this job to no one especially the one in Albany NY at Crossgate Mall.
Experienced gained
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 22, 2017
I gained so very much needed experience working here. They were downsizing so I was let go and I fine with it because I gained work experience and have used it to for other jobs I have had.
Good place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXMay 22, 2017
Nice staff, fun place to work.. Though it is slow-paced, for the time I worked. Though the general manager is nice, he came across to me as creepy...
Productive and hardworking establishment
Shoe/purse/lingere dept manager (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 22, 2017
A day at JCP is busy and fast paced. There are always things to do and although we were understaffed, we all managed to work together to get the tasks finished. The hardest part was being understaffed and having limited hours to finish tasks, the most enjoyable part was the staff and customers I encountered.
Pros
The people and ability to move up in the company
Cons
lack of hours and staff
boring
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 22, 2017
tiring never had breaks it was very tiring. learned to use the cashier, got paid very little, wasnt satisfied with my check, looking for better opportunities.
JCPenney is a awesome place to work at
Shoes Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Weslaco, TXMay 22, 2017
When I go to work at JCPenney, there is always something to do. Helping customers, cleaning your department, making sure every shoe is Out so we can sell them. Everything To do with customer service , I know because of JCPenney. It's been like a 2nd home to me. Everyone is super friendly, even the customers. Management is always there when you need them. If you need a day off because something happened, they'll find someone to cover you and is very flexible with your schedule.