JDA Software Employee Reviews

JDA Software Group
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job at JDA was working with a great team and the depth of my position. I was allowed to expand my knowledge beyond my job description which opened up the world of software development for me!
Poor place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 9, 2016
Management has no regard for job/life balance, if there is work to do you are required to work overtime with little or no notice. I even had to work a 20 hours shift on several occasions during month ends with no breaks.
Excellent
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  MexicoAugust 23, 2016
Nice environment to work, every day you can learn something new, there are a lot of different areas where you can focus about the supply chain management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 24, 2016
Not a great place. Lots of layoffs all the time. Not very stable place to work. ALways moving job to India to save money,but not the quality. No loyalty to employees.
Growth and Experience
Senior Instructional Designer & Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 18, 2015
The work I was involved in was creative, varied, and created growth in my skill development and experience.
The employees I worked with all were caring individuals and supported a healthy work/life balance.
Every employee on the team had high levels of quality, and respect for the team work accomplishments.
Pros
Varied work experience.
A great experiemce
Project Manager/Enterprise Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 14, 2015
My first round in the software solutions and consulting side of supply chain, JDA utilized my experience with not only their products, but others as well...and called upon my prior workings on a global scale to add even more value to their client engagments
Good Company
Software Security Intern (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 29, 2016
Good work life balance, solid management and leadership. Some internal issues as far as silo'd nature of company due to the company being global.
Potential to be so much better
Senior Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 2, 2015
Not a bad company but there seems to be a disconnect between the higher management and the workforce. Team morale can be non existent, work can become repetitive, departments downsize at the drop of a hat.
Pros
Pay is good, Overtime, Benfits are good
Cons
Mananagement disconnect, low morale
Fun, team work environment, with lots of new challenges
Internal Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 24, 2015
Loved working at JDA. Lots of great associates I worked with through the years. Learned a lot of new things during my employment that enhanced my skills. The management team that I supported were wonderful to work with.
Great company
Executive Assistant to CLO, CIO (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2014
Worked as a temp-to-hire Executive Assistant. Thoroughly enjoyed keeping the CLO on track, managed his meetings, conferences and calls. Scheduled domestic and international travel. Successfully worked alone in the office 75% of the time, and built friendly working relationships with those in the office as well as outside the office.
Pros
stable, supportive, great training, excellent pay and benefits
Cons
lost the position as the clo resigned
Great people to work with Onsite!
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 30, 2013
JDA is a great company to work for as long as the department is making sales. Management is pushing for offshore engineering resources. Most Indian resources do not know anything about their job. Very difficult to work with offshore resources at times. Other than that, employer is excellent. Excellent benefits, paid time off, sick time, cell phone stipend for road warriors, and much more perks.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
management pushing towards offshore resources
Professional and desirable work environment
Sr. Instructional Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 27, 2012
JDA allows employees to enjoy a partial telecommute with a flexible schedule. The people at JDA are very friendly and professional. The work is very interesting and keeps the day lively. The salary is very competitive. I most enjoyed the flexible scheduling and the professionals I worked with on a daily basis. The people here really make an effort to work as a team to achieve common goals.
Pros
great benefits, flexible schedule, outstanding people
Cons
it is hoooooooot in arizona!
Good place to work.
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  VirtualMarch 16, 2015
Many opportunities for the hard working. Good compensation and room for advancement. Great people. Mergers, outsourcing and layoffs make can detract from a otherwise great experience.
Pros
opportunities, compenstaion and people
Cons
lay offs / outsorcing
Practice what you preach
Director, Revenue Operations (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Company has many great mantras about how they would like to change and how they would like to improve things. Unfortunately the company needs to change the way that they structure themselves and report on their various segments.

They could be a great company if they truly wanted to change, but that is not the case.
Dysfunctional
Sr. Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2014
Merger between JDA and RP was handled very poorly and the company is still dealing with the bad decisions made. Leadership says they want change, but any good idea they just pat your head and say "nice idea, but we will keep doing the old way". Culture isn't supportive - any mistake they will pounce and take you out. Multiple rounds of lay-offs in the past 18 months - most leadership that made it through the merger are now gone (if that says anything) and I fully expect more leaders to be on their way out. The owners are too involved but don't know the details and make decisions based on numbers on paper vs. understanding what the numbers mean and then have to rehire people or hire new people to make up for the fact that nobody can get work done because of all the slashing they just did. It is going to continue to get worse before it gets better
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Working at JDA was very challenging and productive.
In Agile environment there was lot of scope to learn various applications. Co-operative team workers, work knowledge is the most what I have enjoyed most in the company.
Billing Supervisor
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 21, 2013
I began working for Manugistics, Inc, which was acquired by JDA Software. I supervised billing for the consulting divisions to ensure timely and accurate invoicing. When Manugistics was acquired by JDA Software, I was given a retention to ensure a smooth transition in the billing.
Pros
great work environment
Fun Times at JDA
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 15, 2013
I received invaluable on-the-job training and benefitted from working within a collaborative, motivated team culture. JDA provided an opportunity to build my own career path and exposed me to several new technologies
Pros
on-the-job training, the project teams, and management
Cons
work/life balance
Interesting place
Education and Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 28, 2013
There were several changes with the acquisition of Manugistics and i2 by JDA. The place used to be more fun, but became better managed after the acquisition.
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
fewer advancement opportunities
Good pay and benefits but constant layofffs.
Software Architect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2014
I worked here with a good team of people and the work load is reasonable most of the time. However, the company seems to be struggling with its direction and is unstable at this time.