JDSU

JDSU Employer Reviews

Enjoyable place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: casual environment
Cons: job security
Processing hardware and software orders.

Learned how to use Oracle

Management and the coworkers are great to work with

The hardest part of the job is when the proper information is not given for the specific orders

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the orders go smoothly and get completed without issues
production tech
Electronic Production Technician (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTJanuary 9, 2015
Electronic Production Technician
 •   Assembling and testing digital modulators and processing optical fiber assemblies
•   Assembling and sub-assembling optical, electronic, mechanical or electrical mechanical devices
 •   Responsible for work flow coordination, troubleshooting quality assurance, employee safety, preventative maintenance and material handling with associated tasks required.
Oracle financials functional consultant and good to work here.
lead I (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAOctober 23, 2014
Oracle financials functional consultant and good to work here.
Engineering Technician II (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAOctober 18, 2014
OCLI is a worldwide leader in the manufacture of optical thin film coatings and components used to manage light. OCLI products control and enhance light to achieve specific effects such as reflection, refraction, absorption, separation, anti-glare and electrical conductivity. End market applications include fiber optic telecommunications, space satellites, computer monitors, flat panel displays, projection display systems, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners and medical and analytical instruments. Through its subsidiary, Flex Products, Inc., OCLI manufactures color shifting pigments for use on high value documents, such as currency, and as a special effects pigments for paint and other consumer products.
Nice company to work for
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 8, 2014
nice company to work for ..................................................................................................................................................
Epi Lead Tech
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 6, 2014
Arrive to work and get passdown from night shift lead. I attend daily huddle with Eng and maint to review high priority reactors.
I am the contact for any Eng request
Company where you are giving the opportunity to learn, and try new things.
Senior IT Program Manager (Current Employee), Milpitas, CASeptember 25, 2014
Challenging but rewarding work.
Great Team
Management strives to improve processes constantly
Productive and free to use newer technologies
Software Development and Research Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2014
I was a project lead and chief architect for several Enterprise Web Applications for companies such as, AT&T. Direct management easy to work with, and listened to opinions. Teamwork came easy with other co-workers. Telecommute was possible.
Good company with too much company politics
Director (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good diversity and benefits
Cons: work hours and company politics
It makes sense to have stretched goals and objectives, but it seems management is stretching the teams way too thin and setting unrealistic goals.
Was a very good job. Was able to work independently and also with teams.
Enginering Technician (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTJuly 17, 2014
One of the best places I had worked for. Great work atmosphere and management. All co-workers were helpful and all worked well together. Company became a victim of the dot-com bust in 2000 and was forced to scale back drastically. Was very sad to lose that job. Best job I ever had.
Team Lead (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTJuly 15, 2014
I lead/manage 13 coworkers on what product needs to get done out on the floor.
I multitask on any machine or telescope if someone is out
get reports done
I have my supervisor or manager operation telling what needs to get done by the end of the day
Interesting Industry
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 1, 2014
Pros: pay, culture
Cons: outsourcing, loss of jobs
JDSU is a very interesting company to work for. Being a global corporation, the learning potential was endless. Working closely with different cultures to obtain the same goal can be quit rewarding. They offer a competitive salary with great benefits. Including domestic partnership insurance coverage options.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAJune 9, 2014
Great place to work, people are excellent, management is laid back, I would recommended JDSU to a friend.
Very nice place to work
Process Development and Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), marylandMay 29, 2014
Busy long days but great people to work with. I would recommend this place to others without delay
very nice environment to work, break room has ping pong table for employee to play on break time.
FIBER INTERFACE TECHNICIAN III (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: flexible working hour
Cons: no free lunch on weekend shift
Great company with poor upper management
Sr. Systems Support Engineer (Former Employee), Germantown, MDApril 29, 2014
This is a great company with great products, but the atmosphere became toxic over the last 10 years with continual layoffs.
nice
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 31, 2014
• Inspect dimensional of incoming parts by using caliper, micrometer, pin gages, drop gages, go-no go gages, ROI machine…
• Able to read and understand drawings, specifications and sample plans.
• First Article Inspection
• Prepare paperwork prior to inspecting parts
• Set up and inspecting parts by using CMM machine (MicroVu Vertex 320) , Quick Vision system and Instron machine
• Record the inspection results as required
• Cross training other inspectors
• Record inspection time and lot of inspection into IQC log book
Challenging company to work for with opportunity to keep current with new technologies
Americas Manager/Engineer Fiberoptics (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: compensation was excellent
Cons: too many layers of management not enough field staff
My work day varied and included both office and travel requirements. When in office, review Salesforce opportunities and/or interact remotely with sales and/or customers to provide technical support via webex, email or creation of training material. Management implements new processes annually and change and reorganization occurs frequently. My co-workers work hard but due to the fact that we all work remotely, miscommunication occurs frequently. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers resolve network issues.
JDS Uniphase
Customer Service / TAC Support (Former Employee), Germantown, MDMarch 14, 2014
Pros: oracle
Cons: change in business model
1 of the finest positions I have served. Met great people both internally & externally. Trained on products & simple business model.
Productive workplace, great co-workers
Senior Secretary/Document Controller II (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits, flexibility and supportive culture.
Cons: i thoroughly enjoyed every single day.
I was a regular FT employee with JDSU for almost 12 years when I was laid off the first time. I loved my job as a Document Controller II and Learning System Administrator. I worked alongside the Quality Manager and many Engineers, Planners, Sales, etc. and all of them were quick to answer questions, teach me new skills and to share whatever knowledge they had. Excellent learning culture and awesome co-workers at that time.

1 2 3 4

About JDSU

JDSU serves markets that are at the heart of what’s important, making virtually every network in the world faster and more – Read more