JE Dunn Construction Employee Reviews

Productive and fast growing company
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2017
Great place to work for. They have a very young and fun workforce. A lot of new engineers starting every week. Its a growing company and they have branches all the US.
This company is a very forward thinking group
Senior Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 20, 2016
I enjoyed the whole time working for JE Dunn. This company did provide advancement on many levels. Unfortunately the company relies heavily on Sub-Contractors to complete many of it's major projects. This weighs heavily on the requirement for company supervision.
Great company, good benefits
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 30, 2016
Solid company, good values and room for growth. Free parking, lunch and gym. Profitable and provides good benefits. I have enjoyed working here the last several years.
Company is very community supportive, family oriented
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2016
Professional and very respectful of its employees. very concerned about a healthy life style for all employees and gives great incentives to be healthy.

Workdays were long. Work was challenging!
Pros
Great benifits for a healty life style
Cons
Safe and quality company.
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2016
Very experienced company, great safety and quality ethic. Take good care of their employees and provide an enjoyable work environment.
Productive and Safe work place
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXJuly 12, 2016
I work in a team-based environment but with the flexibility to work independently as well. I came into this job last year with a little bit of safety construction experience, so I have learned so much & continue to learn something new every single day. This company offered training classes to expand our knowledge. Management treats everyone equally...with enormous amount of respect and interest in you as an individual. The co-workers are kind, intelligent, professional and work together towards a common goal. JE DUNN Construction Company is a top notch, Class A organization!
Great company
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2016
Lovely company and people! Working in the office, days are mellow but there is plenty of work to do throughout the day. Everyone makes you feel like a team/family.
Productive and fun work place
PROJECT ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2015
Great work place environment and excellent company culture. A lot of politics which is to be expected with such large company. Working along side my team members on site is a great experience i have learned a lot in the short amount to time that i have been here.
Great People
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 7, 2015
Great co-workers
Working for the same company for 17 years you see the growth and expansion of technology over the years that allowed me to succeed at my job.
Pros
Flexible and non-stress work environment
Cons
One person wears many hats.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2015
Overseeing day to day operations of construction project, while maintaining a safe work environment.

Having the ability to coordinate unforeseen issues during the course of the project.

Coordinating several different subcontractors during the task at hand.

Most difficult part of my day to day operations, was scheduling my next task ( plumbers / electricians ) and not having the subcontractors / material show up .

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting everyone to work as a team . Take ownership of the project and hear the client say job well done .
Pros
Salary, teamwork
Cons
Job interruptions due to change orders not being processed
Best Company I've ever worked for.
Senior Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 25, 2015
Everyone comes in smiling, greeting each other with a "Good Morning". I learn something different every day - whether it's in Project Management or Marketing. I love working with everyone I work with. The hardest part of my job is making subcontractors understand that I can't release their check without all the paperwork I need in place. The most enjoyable part of my job is my job - I love it. I love where I work
Awesome Work Environment
safety (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 27, 2015
Long Standing company that truly cares for employees and is a great place to work an entire career. Lots of travel involved
Professional
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Performing Arts CenterMarch 3, 2014
A typical work day was getting the job complete.
Didn't have opportunity to be heard or excercise my skill.
Co-workers were great.
No part of the job was difficult.
I have a passion for what I do. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to solve problems.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Not giving a chance.
Large employer with lots of work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 21, 2013
They had their own cafeteria which cut down on going out to get lunch in the downtown KC area. Various departments for administrative support work. Very large projects that required a more solid placement of staff.
A place you would be a part of for years!
Project Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 13, 2012
If I had not needed to move home to CA, I would like to think I would still be working for JE Dunn in KC, MO. I have friends made while working there that are still there today. They have a wonderful culture that not only provides completed projects on time to happy clients, but also contributes alot to their community.
Pros
they take care of their employees.
Cons
they aren't in southern california so i could work with them again.
Fun and Productive
Clean up crew (Former Employee) –  Las Animas, COSeptember 16, 2012
JE Dunn was a great job. I learned alot in the short amount of time I worked with this company. Would recommend and go back if I was given the oppurtunity.
Pros
everything
Cons
moving
Very adaptable to personal and professional life
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  PortlandMarch 5, 2012
It was a pleasure to work here. Unfortunately due to the economy work slowed and many long time employees were let go. Overall I think this a great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JE Dunn Construction. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2