JEA Employee Reviews

Little opportunity for advancement
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2017
Good benefits and working environment but lacking in career development. Still a "good old boy" company with lack of diversity within the workplace. Stable company.
benefits
Cons
Few advancement opportunities
Pension
CERTIFIED OPERATOR/ POWER PLANT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2017
So far they still have a pension but its on its way out. The pay is good. Advancement is okay and the benefits are okay too. Many departments and the opportunity to transfer.
Job good
Customer Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Not a lot of challenge to the job; I enjoyed the atmosphere and my coworkers. No benefits or opportunity for advancement. I learned a new software that will prove valuable.
Pros
Atmosphere, coworkers
Cons
No heathcare, Have to pay for parking, etc. out of pocket
Environment is what you make it
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2016
Go by the policies and build relationships, you will do just fine. You will enjoy the pay and networking is a must
Pros
At this time none
Cons
Watch the company you keep
Awful Regional Management
Director of Health Services (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 30, 2016
Just another number. Nit pickers who only care about the numbers, and even with good numbers, still feel the need to berate staff. BEHIND on the technology times. Regional Manager for Ohio is horrendous...lead to a mass exodus twice in 6 months.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay for job responsibilities
Very Fun
Customer Care Consultant (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2016
Overall great experience, downside would be you only get a limited amount of hours and mostly require you to work game-day Sundays.
n/a
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 21, 2016
Answering incoming calls and focus on call quality and the assessment of claims and benefits, I have learned a lot about how to work with customers and being a more focused and sympathetic human being and listen to others. My co-workers and management have also taught me a about customer service and how to solve problems and be overall exceptional and dynamic. The hardest part of the job is when I feel that I have done all that I can do for someone and can't do anymore. The most enjoyable part of it is when I hear a compliment over the phone and know that I have helped someone and brightened their day.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Ever changing work environment and challenging and rewarding work
C.F.B. Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 13, 2016
Ever changing work environment accompanied by challenging and rewarding work in an evolving power generation market. Although JEA is a city owned utility it functions more like a competitive business in the real world.
Pros
Pension, security
Cons
Very productive and a great learning experience. Lots of knowledge obtained.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 9, 2015
It's a class room outdoors getting to absorb a lot of knowledge from very knowledgeable people who have been with the company for decades.
Pros
benefits were great
Cons
You had to work really hard, which really isn't a con. Just very labor intensive
Best job ever
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 4, 2015
This was a utility company for Jacksonvill, Fl. I set up service and disconnect for customers along with making payment arrangements. I assisted with Electrlic and Water services. The hardest part about this job is when I got laid off, because this was the best job I've ever had and my co-workers were the best
great people to work with
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville,flJuly 31, 2015
I enjoy working at JEA. The people I work with was very friendly and caring. Before I left they was changing a lot of there ways on how they treat customer but I didn't like that they was changing there call handle time.
Pros
The people you work with is very caring.
Cons
You might be a temp forever
Productive and fun work place
Preserve Naturalist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2015
This was the best company I have ever worked for. They care about employees and their well being.

I learned many skills that helped me in my career as a teacher. I learned computer and communication skills.

The best part of the job was interacting with the community.

My coworkers and management were incredibly supportive and easy to work with.
Pros
Great compensation, flexible work hours
Cons
Part time position
Best job ever
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2015
This was the best job ever. I was laid off in 2008, but I learned great customer service and how to be the best contact represent ever. The managers had been there a very long time and will assist until the end. The hardest part of this job was leaving. I enjoyed working with everyone there. They were extremely friendly and was always willing to help. I learned how to handle the most irate customers to the most difficult.
Love working for JEA, a family atmosphere and educational
Office Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2015
JEA allows employees' to learn with a training department that facilitates everything from MS office applications to Franklin Covey programs. Management is always looking for ways to improve customer and employee satisfaction.

Great benefits too!
Great Oppotunities to Pursue Educational Growth - Great Tuition Reimbursement Progarm
Water/Wastewater Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Generating/analyzing financial data used in providing the best customer service while controlling costs. Management works hard to keep employees informed through various modes of communication. There is a teamwork environment amongst the co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not being able to directly serve the customers as I support those who serve our customers. Teh most enjoyable part is seeing how the financial reports I generate help others make the appropriate decisions that help to control costs.
Pros
Making a Difference in Our Community
Cons
Staying ahead of the changes in Customer's expectations.
Performace Driven. Highly Motivational and Community Drive
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Excellenet place to work. Great Opportunities to advance and start a long career. Great benefits and pay compensation.
Grat job for many years.
Temporary - Full (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2015
There was a different job everyday I was there. I would control burn one day and be grading roads the next, or loading or unloading wild animals into the rare animal facility. It was almost a new job daily.
Pros
Fun easy going atmosphere
Cons
It became a slow sinking ship after the founder past away
Productive workplace
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaDecember 5, 2014
I enjoyed working with JEA and also enjoyed assisting customers with their utility bills. It was a very structural atmosphere to work in but a lot of managerial changes towards the end of my employment and rules and policies that I did not agree with.
Awesome
Customer Service/Account Receivables Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 11, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Typical Union Municipal workplace
Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2014
Not very stressful other than the constant whining of old union people with 28 years and just counting down the day to retirement. If you are a new person with a work ethic and qualifications, the old time union guys will see you as a threat and make your life hard at JEA. This is why the highest turnover rate is people that have worked there less than 5 years.
Benefits
Cons
Dealing with Union workers and Old Timers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JEA. Our community is ready to answer.